Viewing 36 reply threads

• Author

• ga15275

Participant

Austin Seferian-Jenkins was assigned # 87.  Why is Stocker still on the roster?  He should be the next veteran cut.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way Stocker makes the team this year. We should only be keeping 3 TE’s and even if we keep 4, Crabtree would probably get the spot over him. I just want to cut ties with that bum already. He’s the new Myron Lewis.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Austin Seferian-Jenkins was assigned # 87.  Why is Stocker still on the roster?  He should be the next veteran cut.

One of the mini camp reports said Stocker mauled the blocking sled.  Dunno.  I always held hope that he could develop into at least a serviceable blocking TE.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If your highlight after 3 years is “mauling” the blocking sled at practice then its time for a new profession.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sleds don’t fight back. But he does strikes me as the kind of player who would ball out in his contract year, get paid by someone and shut it down again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If your highlight after 3 years is "mauling" the blocking sled at practice then its time for a new profession.

I wasn't advocating keeping Stocker, merely answering the question as to why he's still here.  I'm indifferent.  Let the coaches decide. 

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Mauled the blocking sled. Hahaha !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought it was a law that we call him Puke Stocker not Luke Stocker

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They need to get rid of him before he can hurt himself and go on IR.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bucs need some tight ends that can block.  I say both Stocker and Crabtree make the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s next in that room, kinda disappointed they let Manieri

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we should give Luke a lifetime contract. Just by staying in the league this long and doing absolutely nothing should be commended.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One of the mini camp reports said Stocker mauled the blocking sled.  Dunno.  I always held hope that he could develop into at least a serviceable blocking TE.

He's always been a serviceable blocker. Actually, he's done slightly better than that.  He's always need to develop his hands and routes. Those are still average below average. He's was the #2 TE when he's been healthy and primarily used as a blocker....Hence why anyone rarely hears his name or sees him on the field.His biggest issue so far is staying healthy.  He's a decent #2 when healthy...except that only happens maybe half a season or so before he's injured.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why? Because only an idiot would cut a player this early before other players start getting nicked and banged up. Sure Stocker most likely will be one of them to get nicked and banged up, but it would be absolutely moronic to cut him now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares if the guy was assigned #87?  Nobody was using that number.  Why not assign it to him.  Stocker is #88

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is Stocker has done nothing to be on the 90 man roster. Stop wasting reps.  he is likely to tweek a toe and the team will have to pay him or give him an injury settlement when he’s not going to make the roster anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If one of these tight ends can play fullback, especially Luke, it would make their chances better in Tedford’s offense. It sounds simple enough in theory, but I’ve seen many a player look like a shell of themselves when they take a few steps back from the LOS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point is Stocker has done nothing to be on the 90 man roster. Stop wasting reps.  he is likely to tweek a toe and the team will have to pay him or give him an injury settlement when he's not going to make the roster anyway.

It seems like the point is more that you simply don't like him. All logical reasoning says that the new staff should keep him on the roster until they need to make cuts or need the roster space. No point in getting rid of bodies because they haven't stayed healthy early in their career. He's likely never going to be more than a #2 or #3 the but he still bring a few things to the table. If he gets injured, they IR him and there's no harm no foul. If he gets out performed in camp, they cut him. He's been given notice with the drafting and signing of TEs to step up his game or he'll likely be hitting the road.He's played as a decent #2 blocking TE when healthy. I think that justifies a roster spot until someone does better. With all the competition they brought in, it will be tough for him to hold onto his spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Camp body!!! ASJ will get #88 after final cuts are made!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reminds me when we drafted Clayborn and they gave #94 to him and made that one USC DE (Moore?) wear #74. If ASJ really wanted #88 or if the team wanted to they could pull that stunt again, no?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he beats out ASJ.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

If you let Puke Stocker go to camp he will get hurt and then you can’t cut him without an injury settlement . Cut him now . The guy is a goddamn turd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are you guys worried about injury settlements?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It doesnt hurt us to bring him to camp and see if he cant move to FB or whatever the plan is.They have insurance policies on everyone that helps them recoup injury settlement amounts...dont worry about it. 

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Because I think it’s immoral to take money you don’t earn. No more money for Puke .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s something about Stocker I like.  Keep him on the roster. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

cut this guy loose. Another wasted Dom pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because I think it's immoral to take money you don't earn.

Put a call in to Goodell  and tell him you demand that roster limits be changed to allow only 1 QB per team. We wouldn’t want you to be upset that a player is taking money they don’t earn. Stocker has played more snaps than most backup QB’s since 2010.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's something about Stocker I like.  Keep him on the roster.

I like his wife! She is smoking hot.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Because I think it's immoral to take money you don't earn.

Put a call in to Goodell  and tell him you demand that roster limits be changed to allow only 1 QB per team. We wouldn't want you to be upset that a player is taking money they don't earn. Stocker has played more snaps than most backup QB's since 2010.

Clearly a difference between a backup player and a guy who just flat out sucks and gets hurt every season if you look at him funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's something about Stocker I like.  Keep him on the roster.

I like his wife! She is smoking hot.

Oh ya.bilde-10.jpeg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

[img width=267 height=400]http://wp.misstennessee.org/images/2008/Miss/Kingsport%2008.JPG[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If one of these tight ends can play fullback, especially Luke, it would make their chances better in Tedford's offense. It sounds simple enough in theory, but I've seen many a player look like a shell of themselves when they take a few steps back from the LOS.

I was wondering  how TE are used in Tedford's O. A blocking TE would seem to be useful in screen passes. A TE that can line up at fullback and be lead blocker for either a run or a screen with Sims would be valuable . Not a fan of Stocker, but it would be worth holding on to him long enough to see if he can fill that role.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reminds me when we drafted Clayborn and they gave #94 to him and made that one USC DE (Moore?) wear #74. If ASJ really wanted #88 or if the team wanted to they could pull that stunt again, no?

being a 1st rd pick might've had a lil to do with that

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As long as ASJ doesn’t try to take Stocker’s chair, he should be ok.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hate, I definitely agree it did have something to do with that. Just thought that it was funny, because I don’t think the team let Kyle Moore know. I think he saw it on Twitter that they gave up his number. LOLLOL @ Stocker's chair.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Isn’t there usually some form of compensation involved in number swap scenarios?  Guess not.  That sucks for Moore who sucked anyway.

Please wait…

Viewing 36 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.