Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• leeroybuc93

Participant

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Cole Beasley to the second team? And Evans didn’t?

Wirfs also should of been second team

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Yeah I was actually scanning first for Wirfs and then I thought maybe LVD. He and White both was a pleasant surprise.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Among 52 qualified (50% of defensive snaps played) non-Edge LB’s:

Lavonte David: 4/52
      Devin White: 49/52

The AP got caught up in the coaching staff’s hype and tackle numbers.

* It’s worth noting Devin White is the highest rated LB for pass rush. But that coverage grade tho…

• RW

Participant

Marpet should have made 2nd team; 3rd rated guard in the NFL. And no Evans should not have made it; either should have White. More of a popularity contest than picking the best at each position.

• J.A.S.H.E.R.

Participant

Devin White made 2nd team all pro…wow. Kinda hard to wrap my head around that but I’ll take it!

And Ali is the new LVD with how much he’s overlooked.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

White has his deficiencies in coverage but his sack numbers this season are on a historic level for a MIDDLE (non edge) linebacker. Seems all these accolade teams look at are sack numbers sometimes.

Wirfs and Marpet should have made at least second teaM IMO.

• RW

Participant

* It’s worth noting Devin White is the highest rated LB for pass rush. But that coverage grade tho…

yes White is a BS selection. He was great at rushing the QB but not so good at other things. Same as Jamal Adams; he graded out lower than AW jr. but gets to be a all pro because he is a good blitzer

• notabucsfan

Participant

Someone forgot to tell the voters that White is a bust

• JC5100

Participant

White benefiting from the same BS hype Nelson gets. High pick with highlights so lets vote him All-Pro

• RW

Participant

Someone forgot to tell the voters that White is a bust

he’s not a bust but he’s not an all-pro.

• Biggs3535

Participant

White benefiting from the same BS hype Nelson gets. High pick with highlights so lets vote him All-Pro

Is this the same ‘Ton Nelson that has graded out as a top-5 OG every season since he’s been a professional or are we talking about somebody else?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Not bad for a bust! (White)

• JC5100

Participant

Is this the same ‘Ton Nelson that has graded out as a top-5 OG every season since he’s been a professional or are we talking about somebody else?

Guess getting your QB injured and ruining your team’s season doesn’t carry that much weight in grading.

• buc_boi

Participant

What’s funny about this, is LVD is out there getting beat in coverage just like White.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Marpet should have made 2nd team; 3rd rated guard in the NFL. And no Evans should not have made it; either should have White. More of a popularity contest than picking the best at each position.

So wait a min here..

Beasley: 82 Recs, 967 yards and 4 TDs

Evans: 70 recs, 1006 yards and 13 TDs who’s more deserving?

• Greattimes

Participant

Popularity contests weighted in favor of big city teams.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Guess getting your QB injured and ruining your team’s season doesn’t carry that much weight in grading.

You were awfully quiet when Brown Jr. single-handedly eliminated the Ravens from the postseason a few years ago.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

What’s funny about this, is LVD is out there getting beat in coverage just like White.

What’s funnier is how this isn’t remotely close to being accurate.

Does LVD get beat in coverage? Of course.

Is at as bad, or the same rate or frequency as White? Not even close.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Beasley is a head scratcher, as is White

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

And Ali is the new LVD with how much he’s overlooked.

Sad, but true.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

• Nobody

Participant

Congrats to our guys.

Marpet absolutely got robbed, but it wasn’t by Nelson. Nelson should be 2nd team. Marpet should be 1st team.

Its splitting hairs at the top of the list of Guards, but if one has to go for Marpet, its Bitonio. He was excellent, but he wasn’t as good as Nelson or Marpet.

• JC5100

Participant

You were awfully quiet when Brown Jr. single-handedly eliminated the Ravens from the postseason a few years ago.

It clinched the loss but at the time their win probability was less than 30% and at one point in the game it was less than 5%. So he didn’t single handedly lose it.

• buc_boi

Participant

What’s funnier is how this isn’t remotely close to being accurate.

Does LVD get beat in coverage? Of course.

Is at as bad, or the same rate or frequency as White? Not even close.

“isn’t remotely close to being accurate.” was draped like a cape all over the back of Austin Hooper on that 3rd and distance play near the goal line that resulted in a first and goal from the one.

Again if 4/52 is elite shut down cover, and 49/52 is a complete bust then I’m not seeing this great Discernible difference between David’s #4 ranking and Whites #52 ranking, as they’ve both given up just as many big plays through the air this year.

Tape doesn’t lie, my friend.

We watched LVD give up 2 passing scores in the same game earlier this year and none of you uttered a peep about it, seems there’s two different standards at play here.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Again if 4/52 is elite shut down cover, and 49/52 is a complete bust then I’m not seeing this great Discernible difference between David’s #4 ranking and Whites #52 ranking,

Believe me, we know. You’ve proven repeatedly you don’t know what you’re looking at or talking about regarding this topic.

as they’ve both given up just as many big plays through the air this year.

Cool. Show us the stats to back it up.

We watched LVD give up 2 passing scores in the same game earlier this year and none of you uttered a peep about it,

Wrong again. There were several posters calling him out and even questioning whether he’s starting to decline, as he’s been an elite coverage backer his entire career (unlike White) and that it was definitely uncommon for him.

Regardless, congrats to both.

Though, LVD should have a handful more of these honors after being snubbed time and time again.

• Biggs3535

Participant

No, you’re correct. Irrational opinions from the likes of you don’t factor into the grading.

You’ve been wrong on Nelson for years. Judging from past experience, I don’t expect you to learn that lesson and evolve.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Again if 4/52 is elite shut down cover, and 49/52 is a complete bust then I’m not seeing this great Discernible difference between David’s #4 ranking and Whites #52 ranking, as they’ve both given up just as many big plays through the air this year.

Sweet geebus. At damn near every opportunity, you prove to be a hopeless prisoner of ignorance. Completely clueless about what’s being discussed, in every way.

• buc_boi

Participant

There were several posters calling him out and even questioning whether he’s starting to decline, as he’s been an elite coverage backer his entire career

I must have missed those threads, I just can’t seem to remember our linebackers coverage skills being questioned until Devin White came around.

• buc_boi

Participant

Sweet geebus. At damn near every opportunity, you prove to be a hopeless prisoner of ignorance. Completely clueless about what’s being discussed, in every way.

Quality post, thanks for sharing.

Lol

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I just can’t seem to remember our linebackers coverage skills being questioned until Devin White came around.

Well, you’d be wrong…yet again.

I know you first showed up here the year before White was drafted, but there were plenty of topics discussing Kwon’s issues with coverage.

If you are referring to LVD, you’re right. There were never any topics on it, because he’s been absolutely ELITE in coverage since his rookie season.

As I’ve said before, David’s 2nd year might be one of the best seasons in the last 2 decades.

• Diehard Astheycome

Participant

Maybe, just maybe, if a couple of our 14 DBs. Or the Hailed Hawaiian Hulk who’s now been here THREE seasons. Contributed just one FULL season of his ALL WORSHIPING play in the middle? Then our heat seeking missile at LB whos PRIMARY job it is to hit RBs, blitz QBs and