Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• ScottC543

Participant

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard anything on the Mahomes injury? That wasn’t a concussion, IMO. I think it was a neck injury, and likely a very serious one. As he tried to stand he was having problems using his left leg, and I never saw him use his left arm (while the fingers on his left hand were tightly clinched). If it was just a pinched nerve in his neck, why would he have been so disoriented? I’m left wondering if this is a career threatening injury.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Could have been a stinger and a concussion together. Who knows? The Chiefs are sending out signals of optimism. They wouldn’t be doing that if they thought it was serious.

• TURBO

Participant

Hi everyone,

Has anyone heard anything on the Mahomes injury? That wasn’t a concussion, IMO. I think it was a neck injury, and likely a very serious one. As he tried to stand he was having problems using his left leg, and I never saw him use his left arm (while the fingers on his left hand were tightly clinched). If it was just a pinched nerve in his neck, why would he have been so disoriented? I’m left wondering if this is a career threatening injury.

Are you a doctor?

Do you have training in diagnosing such things?

• ScottC543

Participant

Not at all. Just an interested observer who sincerely hopes I’m way off base.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hes passed a few hurdles but we wont know his status for the game until fri or sat at the earliest.

Some think KC can win without him.

I love me some Chad Henne(go blue!) & yes hennething is possible, but if mahomes can’t go Buf wins by 10+

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hi everyone,

Are you a doctor?

Do you have a life? Or post anything productive? Literally all I see you do is attack people on here.

I figured you were young, shocked you are damn near twice my age.

• ScottC543

Participant

I think you must be confusing me for someone else. This is literally my first time posting to any Bucs forum. And I am respectful to pretty much everyone at all times.

• TURBO

Participant

Could have been a stinger and a concussion together. Who knows? The Chiefs are sending out signals of optimism. They wouldn’t be doing that if they thought it was serious.

They aren’t going to let anyone know what is really going on with that injury until the latest possible time.

The less Buffalo knows about who is going to play QB, the better it is for the Chiefs.

• TURBO

Participant

Hi everyone,

Are you a doctor?

Do you have a life? Or post anything productive? Literally all I see you do is attack people on here.

Who did I attack, it was a legit question. You are just defending him because like you, he makes dumbass statements about medical conditions, without the proper background to do so.

I should have known you’d get in on this conversation, being the original Doctor Dumbass and all…

• leeroybuc93

Participant

They aren’t going to let anyone know what is really going on with that injury until the latest possible time.

The less Buffalo knows about who is going to play QB, the better it is for the Chiefs.

The team doesn’t have to release anything. They have no say in this. Mahomes is in the league’s concussion protocol. It is already being reported he’s cleared the initial steps.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I think you must be confusing me for someone else. This is literally my first time posting to any Bucs forum. And I am respectful to pretty much everyone at all times.

Was referring to Turbo, not you sorry.

Hes likely super salty today. Trump official out of office woot!

• ScottC543

Participant

Hi everyone,

Are you a doctor?

Who did I attack, it was a legit question. You are just defending him because like you, he makes dumbass statements about medical conditions, without the proper background to do so.

I should have known you’d get in on this conversation, being the original Doctor Dumbass and all…

I made no diagnosis. I just stated an opinion of a possibility and noted that it was just that. I was wondering if anyone else had the same opinion or had heard anything to that effect.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hi everyone,

Are you a doctor?

I made no diagnosis. I just stated an opinion of a possibility and noted that it was just that. I was wondering if anyone else had the same opinion or had heard anything to that effect.

And turbo was talking to me not you.

This board layout is terrible now.

Dont take it personally. Turbo is very insecure so attacks others to help himself sleep at night.

• ScottC543

Participant

Thanks. I was wondering what I’d stumbled into….

• seekpar

Participant

Did you see the clip of Mahomes after the injury running down the stairs and trotting toward the locker room? He’ll be okay by Sunday and play. I’m not a physician, but I am a psychic and see the future LOL.

• ScottC543

Participant

Yes I did, and I expect he’ll play too.

The wild card is the possibility that his injury (or maybe a congenital defect) makes it medically unwise for him to play. The hit was not particularly violent. He took no significant blow to the head that I could see (in the multiple slow motion replays from various angles we’ve all seen). His head and neck was thrust forward and down, but that too didn’t seem to be particularly violent.

To have this level of reaction from this seemingly innocuous play is alarming to me and makes me wonder if there’s not more to the story.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.