Viewing 5 reply threads

• Author

• kram0789

Participant

I am interested in knowing more about the signing Major Wright. When you look at his numbers they are really good. His 2013 season was described as a breakout year. So, why would the Bears let him go?  Analyses on need had Safety as a big need in this year’s draft for the BEARS! It boggles my mind that the Bears would create a need by letting a very good player go.  Is there more to the story or did we just get lucky?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly don’t know how well Wright has played in the NFL, but you can’t look at the numbers of any safety and tell if he’s good or not. Safeties are paid for the stats they prevent, not the stats they accumulate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Major Wright 2013:2 Ints, 2 FF, 3 pdef and 0 sacks.Compared to Baron's 2013 #'s:2 ints, 0 FF, 6 pdef, and 2 sacks.As much as I like the improvement Barron made in 2013 this is the danger of drafting a safety high as the value is not there IMO. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A safety in the top 10 better be a complete safety (not just a big hitter) some of his strengths better include range and recovery speed.I like Barron and can't say it was a bad pick because we could have done much worse (Claiborne)... but #7 overall on a very good in the box safety is indeed poor value.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Barron has the ability to play good coverage. Remember the leaping pass breakup against the panthers. And then that one in college where he jumped like 10 feet in the air. He just has to be more consistent. Not worth the 7th overall pick but I like the player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought Wright was considered to be pretty much terrible last year?

Please wait…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.