Viewing 16 reply threads

• Author

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

and how is that a problem?  If Gruden had a younger version of Garcia he probably is still the head coach and the Rah/Schiano on job training experiments probably never happen…..500 ball with a young QB is a lot different than .500 ball with an old as dirt QB.  Which brings me to McCown...if the best McCown can do is .500 ball for Lovie do you think Lovie sticks with him?  This is where a young QB comes in and I believe that Manziel is the most unorthodox fit with Lovie.  But Lovie needs to take a calculate risk to rejuvenate an offense IMO.  It may not pay off this year or the next but down the road it may be worth it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, he should go to the CFL… his best shot at a championship.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You need to look at Garcias overall career, it isn’t that good. There are a couple of good years but you are also talking years and years of development in the minor leagues and riding the pine in SF.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Manziel is Cutlerattitude...mobility...arm strength and they have a very similar throwing motionhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Xmu2cerX8

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hes like Garcia? he wants some krispy kremes?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Manziel is Cutlerattitude...mobility...arm strength and they have a very similar throwing motion

Love Johnny, but he doesn't have the howitzer of an arm that Cutler has. I'll say more mobility though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Manziel is Cutlerattitude...mobility...arm strength and they have a very similar throwing motion

Love Johnny, but he doesn't have the howitzer of an arm that Cutler has. I'll say more mobility though.

Cutler may have  a slight advantage of arm strength...however the ball he threw in his pro day did show he has a NFL arm

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Playing for 10 football teams in his career?Not drafted?Going to win a Grey Cup?2-6 in NFL Playoff Games?.500 lifetime in the NFL ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Manziel is Cutlerattitude...mobility...arm strength and they have a very similar throwing motionhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7Xmu2cerX8

not at allManziel is fiery and Cutler sulksManziel has an average arm, Cutler has a cannon

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Garcia was good with a prime Owens. He sucked here but the defense was great he won some games, pounded his chest and the goobers couldn’t get enough of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is fiery and Cutler sulks

Agreed. If we're just talking attitude I'd say he's more Rivers than Cutler. The attitude is the thing I like most about Rivers. Manziel probably also has less arm and more mobility, same points when discussing Cutler. Garcia is probably the accurate comparison. Short, mobile, fiery, decent but not great arm.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the better comparison is Tony Romo. About the same size, both great golf players as well, and very similar games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are talking style of play and not career stats..Johnny is a lot like Garcia.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eric Crouch.

Please wait…

• Scholty

Participant

Manziel is Favre 2.0.  He’ll win you games and lose you games.  The big exception is that no one will ever have the durability Favre had, which IMO is why he’s considered one of the best (not by me). 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ty Detmer

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and how is that a problem?  If Gruden had a younger version of Garcia he probably is still the head coach

If Manziel is like a younger Garcia then if Lovie wants to be like Gruden shouldn't he ignore Manziel? Lovie already has the 35 year old QB in place, so he's already got that going for him!  ;)

Please wait…

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.