Viewing 90 reply threads

• Author

• 19bucs19

Participant

Per Espnhttp://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10828349&top&wjb=

Johnny Manziel is on the short list of players the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are considering with their first-round pick in next month's NFL draft, a league source told ESPN.com's Vaughn McClure.Manziel is one of at least four quarterbacks the Bucs have hosted for pre-draft visits. The source did not disclose how short the team's list is for its first pick. The Bucs hold the seventh overall selection and might have to trade up to land Manziel, the former Texas A&M star. Manziel recently was tabbed as the No. 4 overall pick to the Cleveland Browns in ESPN NFL draft expert Mel Kiper's latest mock. Manziel is viewed as a likely first-round pick by many draft experts, and the Bucs aren't loaded at quarterback. Tampa Bay signed veteran Josh McCown in the offseason and has Mike Glennon, who started 13 games last season. The Bucs have opened minicamp with McCown taking the first-team repetitions at quarterback, while Glennon has been working with the second team. McCown played for new Bucs coach Lovie Smith in Chicago. Upon signing McCown, Smith said it still was possible the Bucs could use their first pick on a quarterback. ESPN.com Buccaneers reporter Pat Yasinskas contributed to this report.

Smokescreen? Would definitely be polarizing if we pick JFF, I don't think he's going to pan out personally, but we definitely could use some excitement!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow breaking news. With the same logic Bortles, Bridgewater, Garrapollo and anyone else that has visited and considered a pick worthy of #7 is on our short list

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel won’t be a bad player…..kinda like Jeff Garcia 2.0.  I just think their are going to be better options at #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We could use some logic…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Won’t.Be.There.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I honestly think some writers see we got McCown and it closes out us taking a qb, I don’t think that at all, if Bortles or Manziel are sitting there at 7 than who knows, I will not rule out anything with this new regime, love the way they have been doing things. One thing is for sure, we are taking a QB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope Manziel goes before we pick so that the temptation to draft that bottle of snake oil is removed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow breaking news. With the same logic Bortles, Bridgewater, Garrapollo and anyone else that has visited and considered a pick worthy of #7 is on our short list

Yeah, gotta love the offseason...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure rather to think this is a smokescreen or just some media member throwing a name in the hat to pick a surprise team that hasn’t been talked about picking jm. I hope it’s true tho and we do get Jf. I think he’s going to be successful in this league.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This has smokescreen written all over it, draft day we will trade down, IMO if we can’t find a partner we will go WR or DE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Won't.Be.There.

youre so fricking negative!  >:(

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Won't.Be.There.

Agreed. But if he is, we have to take him. Give him a year to bulk up, put on some muscle and LEARN the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Short list:As in "too short" to play QB for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Short like uh, er, oh, you know, Drew Brees?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Be careful with saying that. Someone might get all mad and quote you lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can we get this merged into the Manziel thread?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is not going to make it past Jville.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The problem that I have with Manziel is that,even at his best, he won’t be able to compete vs Cam or Bree’s….maybe not even Ryan.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Seems like a smokescreen. I’d like to think they are smart enough to stay tight lipped about the guy they really want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Things I trust more than reports about what teams are or are not going to do in the draft this time of year:The NSAThe guy in the parking lot of the grocery store who totally just needs money for gas and/or bus fareA man in an unmarked van asking kids if they'd like some candyJava

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Things I trust more than reports about what teams are or are not going to do in the draft this time of year:The NSAThe guy in the parking lot of the grocery store who totally just needs money for gas and/or bus fareA man in an unmarked van asking kids if they'd like some candyJava

Your list is redundant, aren't #3 and #4 the same thing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL; Drew Brees is smart enough now to NOT run in the NFL.  Manziel may take some convincing…  ;D.    Does anyone actually think our short list is fewer than 15-20 players? This Board is way smarter than that. But if not, I got some prime swamp land maybe you'd like to buy....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Manziel would cause the biggest uproar both pro and con. Let's see how much the server can take.....I hope it's Manziel!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL; if Manziel is even there when our turn to pick arrives, the Server is gonna be TOAST whether we pick him or not!!!  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is a poor choice IMO. If he isnt named starter you will have Drake tweeting about it.No thanks. He is going to be a worse sideshow than Tebow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel is a poor choice IMO. If he isnt named starter you will have Drake tweeting about it.No thanks. He is going to be a worse sideshow than Tebow.

Agree completely.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you just compare Manziel to Brees?..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope we draft Manziel purely for the Red Board entertainment factor. Will be so hilarious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Won't.Be.There.

Agreed. But if he is, we have to take him. Give him a year to bulk up, put on some muscle and LEARN the NFL.

Well if he spent half as much time in the gym as he did in the clubs then he would probably have some good size on him. Fact of the matter is, if he's there at 7, we should Take him. He's worth the risk. And if he doesn't pan out, then maybe I'll listen to the talking heads next time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Per Espnhttp://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=10828349&top&wjb=

Johnny Manziel is on the short list of players the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are considering with their first-round pick in next month's NFL draft, a league source told ESPN.com's Vaughn McClure.Manziel is one of at least four quarterbacks the Bucs have hosted for pre-draft visits. The source did not disclose how short the team's list is for its first pick. The Bucs hold the seventh overall selection and might have to trade up to land Manziel, the former Texas A&M star. Manziel recently was tabbed as the No. 4 overall pick to the Cleveland Browns in ESPN NFL draft expert Mel Kiper's latest mock. Manziel is viewed as a likely first-round pick by many draft experts, and the Bucs aren't loaded at quarterback. Tampa Bay signed veteran Josh McCown in the offseason and has Mike Glennon, who started 13 games last season. The Bucs have opened minicamp with McCown taking the first-team repetitions at quarterback, while Glennon has been working with the second team. McCown played for new Bucs coach Lovie Smith in Chicago. Upon signing McCown, Smith said it still was possible the Bucs could use their first pick on a quarterback. ESPN.com Buccaneers reporter Pat Yasinskas contributed to this report.

Smokescreen? Would definitely be polarizing if we pick JFF, I don't think he's going to pan out personally, but we definitely could use some excitement!

Emphasis on SHORT. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Difference is tho...Manziel actually has a chance to be a legit NFL player.  Tebow never did.& trust me, I'm no JFF bandwagoner....but I'll support any decision this franchise makes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smoke to da screen

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Won't.Be.There.

Well if he spent half as much time in the gym as he did in the clubs then he would probably have some good size on him. Fact of the matter is, if he's there at 7, we should Take him. He's worth the risk. And if he doesn't pan out, then maybe I'll listen to the talking heads next time.

Dude is a hair under 6ft and 207lbs. He is a lot more solid than people seem to think.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just don’t know if he fits what Lovie wants here. He went out and partied and made a name for himself outside of football. We just got rid of Williams for being a bit of a party animal. I think the risk factors will outweigh the positives. He does bring people to the stadium but he’s risky on and off the field. The things that he does on the field could hurt him by being a scrambling qb and smaller guy, while he can also be a risk off the field with the partying celeb status. He could run into some trouble. Especially in Tampa. I don’t think he ends up being our pick. I would support him if he were our pick but I would have my doubts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The report from texas about lovie “loves,loves,loves manziel” and now this.This isn't just smoke people. To smokescreen, all you need to do is say "we want/don't want a qb" and then watch ONE workout. They've had everyone here. Too much effort for a smokescreen. Lovie and tedford are going to get "their guy."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

….if their guy is still there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are going to have to make a really stupid move to get him then.  Just like Clowney is a lock to go to Texas, JFF is a sure thing in Jax, Cleveland or Oakland.  What will we need to give up to make sure we get him.  Next year’s first round??? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

....if their guy is still there.

I think they like all top three. If so, whoever is there is "their guy."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only smoke screen is a bunch of sh!tty teams with no QB pretending to not be head over heals in love with Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Two different reports about the Bucs being interested in Manziel?I'm excited that we now know for sure that the Bucs aren't interested in Manziel!

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

The only smoke screen is a bunch of sh!tty teams with no QB pretending to not be head over heals in love with Manziel.

hahaha I agree man, all them teams ahead of us that need a QB and not one mocked the take a QB, WTH?!?, never really seen it to that point before.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t even understand how anyone who has actually watched Manziel, can honestly think he isn’t worth a top 5 pick. The guy is simply amazing. People try to poke holes because he is short or too small or has famous friends or cause he goes to big basketball and baseball games or because he runs too much or some other nonsense. The list goes on and on. The media follows him around like a rockstar and reports on the color of his poop and then all the haters explain why green poop means he can’t play in the NFL. It’s ridiculous. Out side of Andrew Luck I haven’t seen a more clear cut super star QB in years. It’s a no brainer. The kid is a weapon and some lucky team is going to get him and some lucky fan base is going to get their money’s worth every Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't even understand how anyone who has actually watched Manziel, can honestly think he isn't worth a top 5 pick. The guy is simply amazing. People try to poke holes because he is short or too small or has famous friends or cause he goes to big basketball and baseball games or because he runs too much or some other nonsense. The list goes on and on. The media follows him around like a rockstar and reports on the color of his poop and then all the haters explain why green poop means he can't play in the NFL. It's ridiculous. Out side of Andrew Luck I haven't seen a more clear cut super star QB in years. It's a no brainer. The kid is a weapon and some lucky team is going to get him and some lucky fan base is going to get their money's worth every Sunday.

Not to be rude, but is he as clear cut as Chad Spann was or more so?  As for Luck....I see a solid QB, still waiting to see the "superstar" everyone says he is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah bro. A late round RB that I thought could be a gem is exactly the same as Manziel. Lol. It never gets old.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok JDub answer me this- if Aaron Donald and Johnny Manziel are both on the board when we pick who would be your pick?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't even understand how anyone who has actually watched Manziel, can honestly think he isn't worth a top 5 pick. The guy is simply amazing. People try to poke holes because he is short or too small or has famous friends or cause he goes to big basketball and baseball games or because he runs too much or some other nonsense. The list goes on and on. The media follows him around like a rockstar and reports on the color of his poop and then all the haters explain why green poop means he can't play in the NFL. It's ridiculous. Out side of Andrew Luck I haven't seen a more clear cut super star QB in years. It's a no brainer. The kid is a weapon and some lucky team is going to get him and some lucky fan base is going to get their money's worth every Sunday.

The NFL is not college. How can you not understand that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok JDub answer me this- if Aaron Donald and Johnny Manziel are both on the board when we pick who would be your pick?

Manziel. Donald is my #1 guy and Manziel is my #2.....but quarterback takes precedent. Even over a guy that might be the next John Randle. just can't pass up a QB prospect like Manziel if we were lucky enough to have him fall to #7.It's funny cause I remember being asked in 2012 if Martin and David were both there in round two, who would I take? They were my 1a and 1b and I couldn't even make that decision.....but we ended up getting both! Sure wish that could happen this year. No chance in hell of it happening, but Manziel & Donald would be ridiculous. We could just call it a draft and go home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah bro. A late round RB that I thought could be a gem is exactly the same as Manziel. Lol. It never gets old.

Dude....your not a bad guy.  Sometimes you post good solid posts, with that being said.....if their is a single poster on these boards that can be accused of having the KOD....well, that's you dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude....your not a bad guy.  Sometimes you post good solid posts, with that being said.....if their is a single poster on these boards that can be accused of having the KOD....well, that's you dude.

LMAO !

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really? Please go on bro. I'm curious to see all these examples of my "kiss of death". Are you basing this off a few late round gems that didn't pan out? I pick 50 favorites every year and at least half of that 50 are longshot guys expected to be drafted in the 5th to 7th round or even undrafted. This year I love Ladarius Perkins. He's an undersized Sproles like RB that isn't even expected to be drafted. Add in the fact that we don't need a RB and the chances of him coming here are pretty damn slim. He is a long shot just like many of the guys on my Fav 50 list every year.  If you can't grasp that and wanna try to bash me because a guy like Spann or Perkins didn't end up being great...that's on you. Chad Spann is no different that Ladarius Perkins or any other longshot gem that I pimp out on these boards. Only reason Spann became a mythological figure on these boards in because so many other people jumped on board and loved him after watching his college highlights. He became bigger than anything I ever built him up to be and the excitement was fever pitched when we signed him to the PS mid season. People felt really let down when he didn't work out and was cut a month later. So much so that some of them still bring up Spann today on a regular basis. I guess I am the fall guy because I introduced them to him as a prospect. The reality is, I usually only have about 20 guys that are expected  to be taken in the first three rounds and I am pretty good with those top 20. Very few stinkers in that lot. My biggest miss has probably been Brandon Graham and Tyson Alualu.  Over the last 5 years though, we would have been much better off taking "my guy" in the first three rounds over our actual pick, so when it comes to the top prospects I think I have done pretty good. Better than Mark Dominic at least. So please, let's see all these KOD examples....because I think you are cherry picking and trying to paint a false image of me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Be careful with saying that. Someone might get all mad and quote you lol.

It's one thing to compare the height of Manziel to the height of Brees...It's a completely different thing to say that a QB, who is arguably the most accurate QB in the league, might be less accurate than Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Chad Spann nonsense got me looking back at my choice in RBs over the last five years since I started doing a Favorite 50. After reviewing it, I’ve come to the conclusion that I am pretty damn good at picking good RBs and anyone that is cherry picking Spann out of the bunch is just trying to troll me. I average 5 RBs per year, most of them are projected to be taken in the 4th to 5th round or later. Several are projected to be undrafted, and yet my hits far outweigh my misses. I’ll copy and paste this and from now on when some tard makes a weak Chad Spann jab, this will be my goto response.  ;)2010Ben TateJonathan DwyerLeGarrette BlountKeiland Williams2011Jacquizz RodgersChad Spann Nic GrigsbyMario FanninAllen Bradford2012Doug MartinTauren Poole Joe MartinekRobert Turbin Bobby RaineyBryce Brown 2013Monte BallStepfan TaylorDennis JohnsonZac StacyRobbie RouseMike James Red - On our roster now or at some point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Key word in that quote…might.And he might. You don't know either. You might THINK you know, but you don't. No one does. But judging by the tone of a lot of jff haters, you can't tell them jff's arm is better than they think. It's all bias, all the time, when it's completely obvious the guy can maintain and work well in a passing attack offense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone with common sense knows that Brees is more accurate than Manziel. Can Manziel reach Brees' level of accuracy in 5+years? Who knows....but currently, there is no "might".He isn't. Period. It isn't being a hater to say that he isn't as accurate as a QB like Brees, either. So gtfoh with that lame ass "hater" BS. Just because someone doesn't hang from Manziel's sac, doesn't mean they are a "hater".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Manziel has played in the pros already, so you know for sure….Gtfoh with that crap. People thought brady, wilson, and Rodgers were "crap" at one time too. Until they played...Again, you THINK you know. And again, you have no clue what manziel will do in the nfl. Quoting me out of context won't change that man. It's funny, but it doesn't mean anything. All of us could be wrong, or right about manziel. But ANYTHING is possible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I gotta agree that nobody knows. Brees completion % at Purdue was 63, 60, and 60. Manziel’s completion percentage at A&M was 68 and 69. Of course Brees didn’t have a Mike Evans, but still.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One thing is for sure, people who end up being right are right because they guessed correctly. People who end up being wrong are wrong because they guessed incorrectly.Except when it came to the Revis situation. I was right about that because it was obvious!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that is about the only similarity...Other than that, Brees can actually read defenses, knows went to step up in the pocket, doesn't run from phantom defenders, knows how to find  receivers, etc., etc, etc...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. Manziel has played in the pros already, so you know for sure....Gtfoh with that crap. People thought brady, wilson, and Rodgers were "crap" at one time too. Until they played...Again, you THINK you know. And again, you have no clue what manziel will do in the nfl. Quoting me out of context won't change that man. It's funny, but it doesn't mean anything. All of us could be wrong, or right about manziel. But ANYTHING is possible.

Nah, man. It's known.....and it's ok....Manziel doesn't have to be more accurate than Brees. Brees has HOF level accuracy. You could make the same ridiculous statement by saying that "Manziel might have a stronger arm than Rodgers"...or "Manziel might have a better grasp of the game of football than Peyton Manning". Those also, are both known as of 4/24/14.He doesn't have to have a stronger arm than Rodgers. He doesn't have to be smarter than Peyton Manning. Doesn't mean Manziel stinks. Is there a possibility that Manziel could one day get to these levels? Sure, I suppose there is always a chance for anything to happen, but Manziel is currently none of these things.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not on the Manziel bandwagon and don’t think his game will translate for a long career in the NFL but I wouldn’t rule out Manziel being a really good QB at the pro level either. Bottom line whether you are pro Manziel or not know one really knows.  I will say this, Cam Newton is starting to prove me wrong and I had a lot of the same questions about Cam’s game that I have about Manziel’s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder if they’ll play the first 20 seconds of this at Ray Jay when Johnny is coming out of the tunnel on game days.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrLCPJLEcPQ

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will never ever be a Buc…..even if he is there, L&L have other players rated higher that this guy...give it up already...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oooh…..you gonna be sooooo mad Havok.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Havok is partially right. I doubt manziel will be there either.But, that's exactly why we have backup plans like evans, bortles, teddy, and watkins. At seven, we can sit back and let someone that can help us fall to us, trade down and gather picks for solid defensive players, or trade up for our guy with little loss to do so. We're sitting pretty at seven no matter what we do this draft imo.Depending on what teams want for reparations ahead of us, I'd consider trading up for manziel. If not manziel, at least for a choice of the three. Fuggin' rams on line three!If I'm gm, we're holding at seven, hoping manziel drops. Even if he doesn't, we're still selecting a qb, then jump immediately on the phone with someone (if I haven't already been predraft)within the top 10-15 to trade back up for a chance at evans.Evans and manziel are both ballers, and to have both come to tampa would be a HUGE boon for business, as well as continuity within the ranks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Fluffin’ Football makes some want to cover their ears…lindsey-duke-blake-bortles.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not sure giving wood to these guys is the right idea cj….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Johnny Fluffin' Football makes some want to cover their ears...lindsey-duke-blake-bortles.jpg

I don't think JFF is concerned with Bortles girlfriend. By the look of his last three girlfriends, his cup runneth over.kyndal-kaire.jpg  johnny-manziel-girlfriend.jpglauren-hanley.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re saying he lacks focus?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m saying he tags a lot of very hot young women.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ahh!  That’ll keep him out of trouble in Tampa…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From Sapp’s twitter…Bl_y004CAAAWiMN.jpgFocus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

From Sapp's twitter...Bl_y004CAAAWiMN.jpgFocus.

Lol. Nice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would think the Glazers would like to draft Johnny Football. Think of the tickets sales, the Manziel Jerseys flying off the shelf. I agree with JDouble, this kid is a winner and I for one am all for the Bucs drafting him. It’s a perfect situation for him, sit back and learn for a year behind McCown. When Johnny inherits the starting job the entire nation will be tuning into Buc games. It would be exciting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Manziel will never ever be a Buc.....even if he is there, L&L have other players rated higher that this guy...give it up already...

damn miss cleo just give us the goods!! who are the bucs drafting at #7!?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would think the Glazers would like to draft Johnny Football. Think of the tickets sales, the Manziel Jerseys flying off the shelf. I agree with JDouble, this kid is a winner and I for one am all for the Bucs drafting him. It's a perfect situation for him, sit back and learn for a year behind McCown. When Johnny inherits the starting job the entire nation will be tuning into Buc games. It would be exciting.

Short term hype versus long term production.  Take the latter and avoid Manziel who is nothing but the former.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/24/report-bucs-would-seriously-consider-manziel-at-no-7/Report: Bucs would seriously consider Manziel at No. 7Posted by Mike Florio on April 24, 2014, 1:42 PM EDT[img]http://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/manziel.jpg?w=242[/img]  Since the draft should be today but won’t be today because the NFL moved it to two weeks from today, we’ll spend today and the next 13 tomorrows wondering what will happen when draft day finally is today. The guy about which everyone wonders the most is quarterback Johnny Manziel.  Though some continue to insist Manziel won’t be taken in round one, we’d be shocked if he’s on the board when Thursday night ends. We won’t be shocked if Manziel hears his name called in the top 10.  The latest team to join the list of potential top-10 teams that could take Manziel is the Buccaneers.  Ed Werder of ESPN reports that the Buccaneers would “seriously consider” taking Manziel, if he’s on the board at No. 7.  The Bucs see Manziel as being “very unique,” having a “good arm and accuracy,” and generally being a “great athlete.” That all may be true, but we can’t help but “seriously consider” whether the Bucs would like to see someone cut the line in front of the Buccaneers and take Manziel, pushing down the board a player the Bucs actually prefer.  There’s otherwise no reason to let it be known that the Bucs would take Manziel. But since we’ve got two more weeks to go, get ready for more smokescreens and obfuscations (hey, watch your mouth) before the time comes to pick the players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mrs Cleo love, love, loves manziel…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/4/24/5650034/2014-nfl-draft-rumors-fourth-report-ties-johnny-manziel-to-the

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope the Bucs would consider taking Manziel, and consider Bridgewater, they may also be considering taking neither and going for a WR, and QB in the second round, and Id also hope theyre considering finding the future QB next year. I mean thats all im hearing from these Manziel – Bucs links. All I see is that the Bucs would consider Manziel. Isnt that obvious? We could use a QB for the future this year or next, and Manziel is a top QB in the draft. Im sure the Jags, Cavs, and Raiders are considering Manziel as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want to see how JFF experiment  turns out in the NFL. I’m not sure if I want it to be us, but I wouldn’t be pissed if we grabbed him. Does seem like a lot of talk of him to us which makes one think it’s a nice, heavy smokescreen. We will see in 2 weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Also one thing I learned about Lovie and Lichte this year is that they are very open and the talk publicly about what they think way more than Raheem, Schiano and Dom ever did. So I think these people are taking Lovies praise for Manziel to serious. They seem to be hearing Lovie say good things about Manziel and then assuming that Lovie will draft Manziel if he’s there at 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want to see how JFF experiment  turns out in the NFL. I'm not sure if I want it to be us, but I wouldn't be pissed if we grabbed him. Does seem like a lot of talk of him to us which makes one think it's a nice, heavy smokescreen. We will see in 2 weeks.

That sums me up too. I have no problem with his off the field stuff, I love the rushing yards and first downs that he'll be able to pick up with his feet, and I love that he is also simply a good passer and probably throws on the run better than anyone.I dont know how some people want to ignore the major concerns though. Can he run a structured system instead re-write the script of over half his plays? Is his small body going to last in the NFL with his playstyle? what happens if he gets a major injury from dancing around too much and trying to become lesean mccoy everytime he takes off with the ball? How will he be without the luxary of a good Oline giving him plenty of time. Does he make the right decisions enough times and will he get better at that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Still think this is all a big smokescreen for us to draft Blake Bortles but I hope I’m wrong because I prefer Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jadeveon Clowney - DL - PlayerESPN's Ed Werder stated on NFL Insiders Thursday that the Texans hope to trade down from No. 1 overall, and the Falcons are their "most likely partner."CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora chimed in on Twitter, reporting "there are no shortage of execs" around the NFL who believe the Texans' "best odds" of moving down is "with Atlanta to get (Jadeveon) Clowney." Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff is working with 10 draft picks, including six selections in the top 150, and has a history of trading up. Where there is smoke there is often fire. And the smoke is thickening on the Falcons-Texans trade possibility.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lQyJYlzrQ8manziel.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m on the JFF train big time but all these “leaks” and reports make it seem far less likely we take him, if he’s even there. I can see Jax, Cleveland, Oakland or even Houston taking him (if they traded down) but I’m starting to think JFF as a Buc is less and less likely.Robinson, Evans, Watkins (yeah, right)... all sound pretty good right now. Hell, Bridgewater too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they are worried about teams like St Louis and Oakland swiping up Watkins and Evans.If they can generate enough smoke, they might be able to get a team to trade up ahead of them for Manziel….or….possibly trade with them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A real franchise in our position doesn’t go QB in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have been on board the Manziel train from the get go so I hope this report is true but I don’t believe anything regarding the draft this time of the year. I’d be shocked if they don’t take a receiver at 7, unless they really don’t like Evans. If they take Manziel, they HAVE to take a receiver in round 2 and probably another one around round 5. Or maybe a trade for a vet receiver as well….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love to see the Falcons trade up to #1 and take Clowney.  Dump a whole bunch of picks to move up and take a guy with questionable work ethic and move him to the city he wants to go to so he can be distracted by his cheerleader girlfriend and the social circle she introduces him to.  I think that would end well for us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would love to see the Falcons trade up to #1 and take Clowney.  Dump a whole bunch of picks to move up and take a guy with questionable work ethic and move him to the city he wants to go to so he can be distracted by his cheerleader girlfriend and the social circle she introduces him to.  I think that would end well for us.

When you say "us" I am assuming you are talking about everyone EXCEPT our LT and QB. ???I can guarantee you those two guys dont want to face Clowney twice a year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jadaveon smoked little Johnny in the 40 . Jdud mad.

Please wait…

Viewing 90 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.