Viewing 27 reply threads

• Author

• Dickens

Participant

Is anybody else getting tired of the coverage ProFootballTalk and ESPN are giving to Johnny Football about his life outside of football? Why aren’t these reporters following all NFL players around to report on there nightlife? I like him as a player, but this story would get really old if he were in Tampa. I feel bad for the guy. If it was impacting his play, studies, work, etc, then maybe I get it. But it’s the offseason for Pete’s sake.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is anybody else getting tired of the coverage ProFootballTalk and ESPN are giving to Johnny Football about his life outside of football? Why aren't these reporters following all NFL players around to report on there nightlife? I like him as a player, but this story would get really old if he were in Tampa. I feel bad for the guy. If it was impacting his play, studies, work, etc, then maybe I get it. But it's the offseason for Pete's sake.

Because people are watching it

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weak on SR’s part btw.  JFF was at a party with Justin Bieber and Floyd Mayweather.  It's no biggie, dude is focused on becoming the starter in his own way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is anybody else getting tired of the coverage ProFootballTalk and ESPN are giving to Johnny Football about his life outside of football? Why aren't these reporters following all NFL players around to report on there nightlife?

are these other players tweeting there Vegas pics and their stacks of cash?  And are these other players interesting and polarizing?  Just like tebow, manziel asks for the spotlight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel bad for the guy. If it was impacting his play, studies, work, etc, then maybe I get it. But it's the offseason for Pete's sake.

You feel bad for him? 1. He could make it all go away by keeping a low profile for a while. He has chose not to.2. He could reduce media frenzy by only speaking to media when he is legally obligated to. He has chose not to.3. It has, it does and it will continue his play. This is not college when you can only do so much for so long. He will get outworked by every other guy in the NFL if he isn't spending a large majority if his time trying to be a better football player.A smart person who's number one concern was football would be doing all he could to not make waves and prove the browns were right by drafting him. He is as advertised so far.  He's enjoying money, his night life, the women, the celebrities, etc... and I can't blame him but don't pretend like he isn't loving it. The best QB's have football and very little else and that's not a coincidence.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weak on SR's part btw.  JFF was at a party with Justin Bieber and Floyd Mayweather.  It's no biggie, dude is focused on becoming the starter in his own way.

Worked for Freeman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I feel bad for the guy. If it was impacting his play, studies, work, etc, then maybe I get it. But it's the offseason for Pete's sake.

You feel bad for him? 1. He could make it all go away by keeping a low profile for a while. He has chose not to.2. He could reduce media frenzy by only speaking to media when he is legally obligated to. He has chose not to.3. It has, it does and it will continue his play. This is not college when you can only do so much for so long. He will get outworked by every other guy in the NFL if he isn't spending a large majority if his time trying to be a better football player.A smart person who's number one concern was football would be doing all he could to not make waves and prove the browns were right by drafting him. He is as advertised so far.  He's enjoying money, his night life, the women, the celebrities, etc... and I can't blame him but don't pretend like he isn't loving it. The best QB's have football and very little else and that's not a coincidence.

This is what you get when someone is raised with plenty of money, and no one  really to answer to.He got away with it in college, so why should he change now?  Who is going to stop him-unless it's in his contract?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s outta control!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is what you get when someone is raised with plenty of money, and no one  really to answer to.He got away with it in college, so why should he change now?  Who is going to stop him-unless it's in his contract?

Quoted for truth..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

He lacks common sense.  He's like Leaf without the talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It lead to you making the bazillionth thread on this forum about a player who isn’t even on the team.  Seems the reporters apparently know what they’re doing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

deep, deep down in your heart of hearts...do you really believe that Glennon is more talented than Manziel?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

deep, deep down in your heart of hearts...do you really believe that Glennon is more talented than Manziel?

You really had to ask that? Lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

You really had to ask that? Lol.

LOL....i did. Dude would have to be a Glennon to believe some of the stuff he's posted here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

At QB in the NFL??  Glennon is definitely more talented than Manziel.  You have to be able to read defenses to win in the league.  Manziel didn't have to in college and by most accounts, that will be his achilles heel in the pros.  Obviously his size is not ideal and he doesn't have an Evans on that team to bail him out right now.  Not to mention work ethic.  I think one of the big eye openers for those that dont like Glennon's game, even in pre-season, will be how much he's improved.  He busts his ass which is the main thing that leads me to believe he can succeed.  Can you add 9 TD's to his total from last year with three more games and cut down on interceptions by 3.  28/6 is starting to look like solid production and I dont think that's too far fetched. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

nope. But he does he work as hard? I dont think either are the guy I would want as the face of my franchise, although manziel is certainly more entertaining.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

I see your point. I think it's a valid one. All I'm say'n is if the media followed other NFL players and pro athletes around as much they are Manziel I think they'd find that a lot of players do what he's doing. So why are they pointing him out? I think the media is out of control just as much as he is portrayed to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

manziel is certainly more entertaining.

Which ultimately answers the question in the OP

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

nope. But he does he work as hard? I dont think either are the guy I would want as the face of my franchise, although manziel is certainly more entertaining.

In fairness, the Jerry Springer show is pretty entertaining to some folks...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

You make a post here and there that maybe looks like you might no a little of what your talking about then you go and post this? Dude, you need to watch a little college football. Manziels talent is off the charts!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the guy who creates the “new” Manziel thread to complain that too many people are paying attention to Johnny Manziel.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets REALLY discuss this.I think this thread can get past ten pages.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m mad because my TV entertainment channel is showing me news about entertainers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

You make a post here and there that maybe looks like you might no a little of what your talking about then you go and post this? Dude, you need to watch a little college football. Manziels talent is off the charts!

FTR, I have always said his athleticism and college play was incredible.  But I can't say enough how much different his game has to be in the league than it was in college.  That's really my main beef with him and why I didn't want him on my team.  He is going to HAVE to be a completely different player and I'm not sure he's mature enough to re-learn all that is necessary to be successful.  His NFL talent is in question and that is why he dropped as far as he did. 

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

So glad we didnt draft this clown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I see your point. I think it's a valid one. All I'm say'n is if the media followed other NFL players and pro athletes around as much they are Manziel I think they'd find that a lot of players do what he's doing. So why are they pointing him out? I think the media is out of control just as much as he is portrayed to be.

Correct to an extent, they would find other players partying harder, but with Manziel he will be at more parties that attract TMZ diehard followers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

FTR, I have always said his athleticism and college play was incredible.  But I can't say enough how much different his game has to be in the league than it was in college.  That's really my main beef with him and why I didn't want him on my team.  He is going to HAVE to be a completely different player and I'm not sure he's mature enough to re-learn all that is necessary to be successful.  His NFL talent is in question and that is why he dropped as far as he did. read your post, that's not what you said. you suggested he did not have the talent of Leaf. Leaf was a pocket passer at best, not know for mobility. Manziel has the entire game, mobility and he can throw the ball. What is your idea of talent?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's outta control!!!!

FTR, I have always said his athleticism and college play was incredible.  But I can't say enough how much different his game has to be in the league than it was in college.  That's really my main beef with him and why I didn't want him on my team.  He is going to HAVE to be a completely different player and I'm not sure he's mature enough to re-learn all that is necessary to be successful.  His NFL talent is in question and that is why he dropped as far as he did. read your post, that's not what you said. you suggested he did not have the talent of Leaf. Leaf was a pocket passer at best, not know for mobility. Manziel has the entire game, mobility and he can throw the ball. What is your idea of talent?

Pro talent requires height - that's probably the #1 characteristic of a successful QB.  Needs to be able to read defenses - not Manziel's strength by his own admission.  His arm strength is ok to good.  He will have some success early on but trust me, by the second half of this seasons, he will be forced to change his game and won't be able to.  He's not a grinder, he's not a hard worker, he's not an NFL QB.  So glad we didn't have to consider him an option in May.

Please wait…

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.