Viewing 51 reply threads

• Author

• SackedBySapp

Participant

not too happy in Buffalo…he always kinda reminded me of someone who played here…..can’t figure out why…..635678223171550668-sw21-dareus-19.jpg

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bills made him a 6 year, $90M offer… and he feels unwanted?  :ohttp://t.co/xVtX18K37L

Please wait…

• vlagatta

The Bills made him a 6 year, $90M offer... and he feels unwanted?  :ohttp://t.co/xVtX18K37L

sickening isn't it?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why they can’t have nice things. Lol. Ahhh...to be able to scoff at 90 million for six years of part time work. The rest is just working out...which is good for you anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Bills made him a 6 year, $90M offer... and he feels unwanted?  :ohttp://t.co/xVtX18K37L

I saw that and was in disbelief.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why they can't have nice things. Lol. Ahhh...to be able to scoff at 90 million for six years of part time work. The rest is just working out...which is good for you anyway.

I feel you on that dawg.  I just smh at these guys sometimes...

Please wait…

• vlagatta

This is why they can't have nice things. Lol. Ahhh...to be able to scoff at 90 million for six years of part time work. The rest is just working out...which is good for you anyway.

ehhh...after taxes it's only 45M...then there is the 4% to the agent.  Hey......the man has got to eat folks.....imagine the Bookends we would have....... the cover two needs explosive beef up front to work.....and they need a QB........ let's get it done!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

ehhh...after taxes it's only 45M...then there is the 4% to the agent.  Hey......the man has got to eat folks.....imagine the Bookends we would have....... the cover two needs explosive beef up front to work.....and they need a QB........ let's get it done!

Looking at him, when did he last miss a meal? Are you kidding me. LOL

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Ed Glazer……..you just bought this house…….PAY THE MAN WHAT HE WANTS……GIT ER DONE[img width=356 height=200]http://www.trbimg.com/img-5595d3af/turbine/la-fi-hotprop-ed-glazer-montecito-20150702-001/900/900x506[/img]

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But, but, but, Ed Glazer only lives in England because all he cares about is ManU. /blue

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

90 million dollars for something you grew up doing for free (until he got to Alabama) and somehow you feel unwanted.The nerve of some these dudes.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Basic negotiating. He would get $100M+ on the open market, but the Bills won't let him walk and he knows this.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

90 million dollars for something you grew up doing for free (until he got to Alabama) and somehow you feel unwanted.The nerve of some these dudes.

Sounds like the American Dream to me. Why would you turn down more money for doing the same job? Why would you take less money than market value? Professional sports is the only field where Americans regularly side with the corporation over the employee (for lack of better description). *What does the fact that he did it for free growing up mean? High school football is as similar to the NFL as High School debate club is to being a District Attorney.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to negotiate?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

to negotiate?

Yep. Your average fan believes players should just be thankful to be paid more than they made as kids lol. No need to run your business like....well, a business. Just remember that you played this for free as a kid and take what the billion dollar corporation can afford.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to negotiate?

Negotiate sure but to say something like that is disgusting

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to negotiate?

Yep. Your average fan believes players should just be thankful to be paid more than they made as kids lol. No need to run your business like....well, a business. Just remember that you played this for free as a kid and take what the billion dollar corporation can afford.

I got no problem with negotiating. I just find it ridiculous to put out there that someone who is offering you 90 million dollars to play a game is making you feel unwanted. Why put that type of statement out there to the public?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

to negotiate?

Negotiate sure but to say something like that is disgusting

I think you'd have to know what he believes his market value is to fairly determine how ridiculous this offer is. The last free agent at his position received $114M. That is a significant difference of $24M. You also have to know how much guaranteed money is involved. If the Bills offer included much less guaranteed money than Suh's contract then it would be fair to call it a disrespectful offer, correct? Is it disgusting because most of us (Mozzie excluded) on the board don't make $90M? 

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

to negotiate?

I got no problem with negotiating. I just find it ridiculous to put out there that someone who is offering you 90 million dollars to play a game is making you feel unwanted. Why put that type of statement out there to the public?

He is not being offered $90M to play a game. He is being offered $90M to promote a multi billion dollar product. To decide how fair an offer the $90M contract is you'd have to compare to market value (including guaranteed money). That determines how much the team "wants" the player. Not the contract number in a vacuum.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to negotiate?

He is not being offered $90M to play a game. He is being offered $90M to promote a multi billion dollar product. To decide how fair an offer the $90M contract is you'd have to compare to market value (including guaranteed money). That determines how much the team "wants" the player. Not the contract number in a vacuum.

I'm not debating the money part, get as much you can. I just have a problem with the classless statement.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

to negotiate?

I'm not debating the money part, get as much you can. I just have a problem with the classless statement.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. How is the statement classless or disgusting?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to negotiate?

Would you complain to a homeless person about how the bank only approved you for a home loan of 420k and now you can't get that 450k house?

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

to negotiate?

Would you complain to a homeless person about how the bank only approved you for a home loan of 420k and now you can't get that 450k house?

So to clarify your issue is that he spoke about it? Are we, the public, the homeless person in your example?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The offer they made would have the Bills paying 2 of the top 5 DL average salaries.  Super Mario is 3rd… Dareus would be 4th in the league.  Top 2 are Suh and Watt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to negotiate?

So to clarify your issue is that he spoke about it? Are we, the public, the homeless person in your example?

Figuratively yes the public is the homeless person. Classless thing to say if that's your public statement about it IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“They’re making it hard,” Dareus said, per Tyler Dunne. “And it’s just really making me unhappy. I feel like they don’t really want me here.“I feel like they don’t want me here as bad as I want to be here,” Dareus added, per Dunne. “I feel like they’re saying, ‘Whatever. You come a dime a dozen.”Dareus believes the Bills are trying to play him with this offer.“They’re playing. They’re going back and forth. I play one game, they play this game,” Dareus said of the Bills’ approach towards contract negotiations, per Dunne. “I know what I’m worth.”I assume the issue is the way he talked about his contract situation.  Which I agree makes him look completely selfish, out of touch, and juvenile.  Off the cuff remarks expressing disappointment over offers of huge sums of money rarely play well to the general public.  If his goal was to rally support to his cause and add fan pressure to his negotiations, my guess is he failed miserably.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

to negotiate?

Figuratively yes the public is the homeless person. Classless thing to say if that's your public statement about it IMO.

My issue with that is we the public/homeless person ask to know the rich person's salary and debate it ad nauseum via TV/message boards/social media. You can't have it both ways. If his contract situation is public information then he should be allowed to comment on it as well. If NFL contracts were private matters, like in other industries, this would be a different story.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

“They’re making it hard,” Dareus said, per Tyler Dunne. “And it’s just really making me unhappy. I feel like they don’t really want me here.“I feel like they don’t want me here as bad as I want to be here,” Dareus added, per Dunne. “I feel like they’re saying, ‘Whatever. You come a dime a dozen.”Dareus believes the Bills are trying to play him with this offer.“They’re playing. They’re going back and forth. I play one game, they play this game,” Dareus said of the Bills’ approach towards contract negotiations, per Dunne. “I know what I’m worth.”I assume the issue is the way he talked about his contract situation.  Which I agree makes him look completely selfish, out of touch, and juvenile.  Off the cuff remarks expressing disappointment over offers of huge sums of money rarely play well to the general public.  If his goal was to rally support to his cause and add fan pressure to his negotiations, my guess is he failed miserably.

I understand what you are saying, but I disagree that it makes him look juvenile. It makes him look like he views the NFL as a business first and foremost (as he should). The general public loves to know what these players make and then express disgust at the negotiations. We say "hey they make large sums of money so just be happy" as if basic business truths like "market value" don't matter. I guess I don't understand being offended by how much a person makes in their industry or being offended by a person fighting for more money (market value). What is he out of touch with? How much the average person makes? What does that have to do with his employment negotiations? Would you prefer player salaries were kept private? *To put this in normal terms it would be like another company in your industry just paid your contemporary about 25% more than what your employer is offering you. Now imagine your contract negotiations are public and everyone knows what is on the table. Is it illogical to ask your employer to match the current market value? Since negotiations are public is it wrong or juvenile to comment or answer questions?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

to negotiate?

He's trying to maximize the opportunity....no different than Eli wanting to be the highest paid QB ever, alledgedly. He's posturing.....and at the end of the day, no one cares.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i'm really surprised to see you type this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t know that the structure has been made public but if this $90mil includes a $50 mil payment in it’s final year, then he has every right to be p*ssed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he should get as much as he can but I could do without hearing him saying he feels unwanted because 90 million dollars is a slap in the face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no problem with Marcell getting every penny he can out of the Bills.  I support his right to do so.  He spoke in a way that is counterproductive to him getting paid imo.  His word choices was juvenile.  He is speaking on a serious topic to a reporter as I might in a private conversation with someone already supportive of my side.  He is out of touch with reality if the 4th highest contract amongst defensive linemen is treating him like he is a dime a dozen.  Especially since that would put him ahead of a couple other elite linemen who have recently renegotiated.I can see being sympathetic to his position, but the quotes he gave that newsman were terrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have no problem with Marcell getting every penny he can out of the Bills.  I support his right to do so.  He spoke in a way that is counterproductive to him getting paid imo.  His word choices was juvenile.  He is speaking on a serious topic to a reporter as I might in a private conversation with someone already supportive of my side.  He is out of touch with reality if the 4th highest contract amongst defensive linemen is treating him like he is a dime a dozen.  Especially since that would put him ahead of a couple other elite linemen who have recently renegotiated.I can see being sympathetic to his position, but the quotes he gave that newsman were terrible.

BINGO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know that the structure has been made public but if this $90mil includes a $50 mil payment in it's final year, then he has every right to be p*ssed.

Of course, and were that the case it would have been a great point to highlight for the reporter.  Instead of:  "they playin me", "think I'm a dime a dozen", "I know what I'm worth", etc.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

1) How is this counterproductive to him getting paid? 2) If the Colts offered Andrew Luck a contract just above Russel Wilson's it would make him the second highest paid QB in the league...and the sentiment would be that the Colts are idiots. Just because the Bills contract would make Dareus the 4th highest paid DT doesn't mean it is a fair offer. Contracts are negotiated based on prior contracts around the league. A $90M contract for a FA top DT is cheap right now. Suh got $114M. Once again, we don't know the guaranteed money offered and that's more important than the large number. He and the Bills may be far apart on guaranteed money as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he means his tasteless comments are counterproductive to building up public support.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I think he means his tasteless comments are counterproductive to building up public support.

We just disagree on "tasteless" I guess. Also, I don't think I would have been offended if Gerald McCoy spoke out about his negotiations like this. My thoughts would have been along the lines of "Glazers, pay the man".

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Ok ………so like………we’re not getting him now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ok .........so like.........we're not getting him now?

Do you think the Bucs would pay this malcontent more than they're paying McCoy to play DT?

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Do you think the Bucs would pay this malcontent more than they're paying McCoy to play DT?

it's not about the money.......it's about the love.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For 7 sacks a season? I know though,  he's probably responsible for a billion pressures.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

public support doesn't sign the check

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

He'll be in Buffalo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He'll be in Buffalo.

Not if he really wants Suh money.  He might well get that contract, but only on the open market as an unrestricted free agent imo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dareus is smart to pass on the 90 million dollar offer as crazy as it sounds. He’ll get paid more than that in the open market and Buffalo knows it.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

The offer they made would have the Bills paying 2 of the top 5 DL average salaries.  Super Mario is 3rd... Dareus would be 4th in the league.  Top 2 are Suh and Watt.

Wouldn't Dareus be 5th, with McCoy being 4th due to his $98 million deal?If they do re-sign him, they'll have a ton of money locked into their D-Line. Granted it's a damn good D-Line, and they can afford it since they don't have a franchise quarterback to pay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ed Glazer........you just bought this house.......PAY THE MAN WHAT HE WANTS......GIT ER DONE[img width=356 height=200]http://www.trbimg.com/img-5595d3af/turbine/la-fi-hotprop-ed-glazer-montecito-20150702-001/900/900x506[/img]

Pfft...Taxmoney and league revenue.He might have "bought" it, but he didnt "pay" for it. ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The offer they made would have the Bills paying 2 of the top 5 DL average salaries.  Super Mario is 3rd... Dareus would be 4th in the league.  Top 2 are Suh and Watt.

Wouldn't Dareus be 5th, with McCoy being 4th due to his $98 million deal?If they do re-sign him, they'll have a ton of money locked into their D-Line. Granted it's a damn good D-Line, and they can afford it since they don't have a franchise quarterback to pay.

McCoy got a 7 year, $95.2M extension...  Dareus' offer was 6 years.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Pay the man….get him here…..let’s have the most formidable DL in the NFL…… we only have until 2028 before the glazers (or a new owner) can move the team!!!!!!!!!  boo yahhhhwhat's 100 mill between friends?  why split hairs?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he should get as much as he can but I could do without hearing him saying he feels unwanted because 90 million dollars is a slap in the face.

Yea he probably didn't need to say anything about it publicly. He could handle it better. Just don't say anything and let the agent do his job.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dareus is smart to pass on the 90 million dollar offer as crazy as it sounds. He'll get paid more than that in the open market and Buffalo knows it.

He will never hit the open market IMO. They will tag him in 2016 if necessary. He said today he knows that, and he will sign the franchise tender, reluctantly.

Please wait…

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.