Viewing 82 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Jameis is so fun in interviews.  His bubbly personality is infectious. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cook will probably cop out that it’s only one game. But it’s sooo obvious. Mariota passes the eyeball test with flying colors and winston looks like lethargic in all his motions

Please wait…

• johnd

Participant

Dont forget how Mariota was afraid to do interviews with the tampa media this week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yup. We don’t want players that do their talking with their play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All he did was pass for TD’s today!#bucfanproblems

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The consensus around here is that charisma, physical abilities, leadership, etc. is what’s important. "....Jameis Winston is the best quarterback in this draft and is the best fit for Tampa Bay for a multitude of reasons including his history of winning marked with a 26-1 record, his physical abilities, his superior ability to complete throws from the pocket, his uncanny charisma and leadership ability, the local appeal and how that would manifest itself at the Bucs’ box office among other reasons...."https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/pft-neglects-winstons-football-iq-pocket-ability-in-comparing-him-to-mariota/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares about production and consistency? It’s all about that smile.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ugh the “Jameis was 26-1” argument was the worst. First, it’s not like mariota lost many games. Secodn, by that logic Ken Dorsey should be a hall of fame

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston’s got swag man! I want the outspoken loud confident guy rather than the cool calm emotionless guy anyday. Plus give me the FSU guy who’s got fan appeal than the Oregon guy. Gimmicks galore. Also give me the guy who’s nfl ready than the project. It’s a no brainer!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares about production and consistency? It's all about that smile.

This is one of my favorites. "Mariota isn't a leader"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ugh the "Jameis was 26-1" argument was the worst. First, it's not like mariota lost many games. Secodn, by that logic Ken Dorsey should be a hall of fame

It's ok were playing against duke next week.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And this. "Mariota doesn't show enough emotion"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember SR telling us Mariota is just an engineer….well he just engineered 42 points and probably the best opening day performance for a rookie QB ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember SR telling us Mariota is just an engineer....well he just engineered 42 points and probably the best opening day performance for a rookie QB ever.

But is he fiery tho?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Remember SR telling us Mariota is just an engineer....well he just engineered 42 points and probably the best opening day performance for a rookie QB ever.

Amen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NOPE! My favorite was that Mariota only throws to wide open receivers. We NO SH!T, that’s exactly who I want him throwing it too smh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody that thinks Mariota will be a better NFL QB than Jameis after watching this game is delusional and only will see things that support their opinion. Whisenhunt schooled Lovie today.Took him to the woodshed. Whisenhunt is a great offensive mind. Jameis went up against probably the best defensive mind in NFL HISTORY! today. Please step away from the CPU and let your favorite teams season play out and watch your favorite teams QB develop before making any assessment.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And this. "Mariota doesn't show enough emotion"

But winston threw the ball a lot at his pro day!We had the wrong guys pick the wrong guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis’ mojo will rub off on this team guysms, you wait!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like anyone around here know how good of a leader he is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NOPE! My favorite was that Mariota only throws to wide open receivers. We NO SH!T, that's exactly who I want him throwing it too smh

Sensabaugh was wide open on Winston's first throw!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody that thinks Mariota will be a better NFL QB than Jameis after watching this game is delusional and only will see things that support their opinion. Whisenhunt schooled Lovie today.Took him to the woodshed. Whisenhunt is a great offensive mind. Jameis went up against probably the best defensive mind in NFL HISTORY! today. Please step away from the CPU and let your favorite teams season play out and watch your favorite teams QB develop before making any assessment.

Is this a serious post?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NOPE! My favorite was that Mariota only throws to wide open receivers. We NO SH!T, that's exactly who I want him throwing it too smh

Sensabaugh was wide open on Winston's first throw!

Lmao! Well you win that one sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Let me fix that for you "Like anyone around here knows WHAT a good leader is?"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes it's still early but it's not delusional to think Mariota will be the better qb. Look at how he played today compared to Winston. If your not doubting the choice your delusional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota got plugged into a system made for him and made a bunch of dink and dunk passes to WRs. Good for him. He will be exposed in a few weeks when defenses finally have some tape on him. Kid did nothing today that showed “wow this is a qb who can read a defense and excel” all he showed was “wow mariota can make a quick read on offense to a wide open WR”.If they use this and grow off of it, good. If this is their plan with Mariota for the season, good luck come week 6.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Winston hustling for downfield blocks was too much to pass up on…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't the Bucs beat him last year? Their D scored 1, arguably 2, TDs. Mariota had a perfect passer rating. He read the defense and found the open receiver... I think that's what a good QB does... But whatever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jameis went up against probably the best defensive mind in NFL HISTORY! today. Please step away from the CPU and let your favorite teams season play out and watch your favorite teams QB develop before making any assessment.

Umm...Glennon went up against that same " best defensive mind in NFL HISTORY!" last year on LeBeau's home turf.....and beat him. Next argument?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota got plugged into a system made for him and made a bunch of dink and dunk passes to WRs. Good for him. He will be exposed in a few weeks when defenses finally have some tape on him. Kid did nothing today that showed "wow this is a qb who can read a defense and excel" all he showed was "wow mariota can make a quick read on offense to a wide open WR".If they use this and grow off of it, good. If this is their plan with Mariota for the season, good luck come week 6.

False. Have you ever watched a Whiz coached offense!? Think cardinals super bowl run, steelers of old. Whiz adapted his old offensive principles to what mariota does well. Further, they could have deep passing concepts but why bring them out when we can even stop slants?

Please wait…

• msornstein

Participant

A lot of people did. Many were banned, the rest of the FSU homers were left to run the place

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn't the Bucs beat him last year? Their D scored 1, arguably 2, TDs. Mariota had a perfect passer rating. He read the defense and found the open receiver... I think that's what a good QB does... But whatever.

Read the defense? You mean looking toward one receiver and seeing that he was wide open? Because that's all he did. Mariota never had to "read" a dfense a he had to do was make quick throws in an offense designed to mirror Oregons.

Please wait…

• mfitzpatrick

Participant

Sadly for Mariota he will not be able to play against the Bucs Defense every week …

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He did break a record. Most TD's in the first half of his first game in the history of the sport. I'm sure he'll have many more records before it's all said and done.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes it's still early but it's not delusional to think Mariota will be the better qb. Look at how he played today compared to Winston. If your not doubting the choice your delusional.

Too Early to make any assessment either way. That doubt your feeling is just emotion after a loss. Mariota player well, but Whiz's scheme killed Lovie's today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Did you type this on a braille keyboard?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota got plugged into a system made for him and made a bunch of dink and dunk passes to WRs. Good for him. He will be exposed in a few weeks when defenses finally have some tape on him. Kid did nothing today that showed "wow this is a qb who can read a defense and excel" all he showed was "wow mariota can make a quick read on offense to a wide open WR".If they use this and grow off of it, good. If this is their plan with Mariota for the season, good luck come week 6.

This... Credit To whisenhunt for making an offense tailored to Mariotta's strength. It's working well now. But I say Winstons style and system is better long term.. Think RG3 vs Luck (kinda)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Read the defense? You mean looking toward one receiver and seeing that he was wide open? Because that's all he did. Mariota never had to "read" a dfense a he had to do was make quick throws in an offense designed to mirror Oregons.

Whatever makes you feel better.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask yourself Dr. Excuse. Who was the more prepared QB today? If you can't answer that then you are a complete "__________________" Fill in the blank

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Too Early to make any assessment either way. That doubt your feeling is just emotion after a loss. Mariota player well, but Whiz's scheme killed Lovie's today.

Maybe but I'm entitled to be doubtful when I wanted Mariota all along. I hope Winston figures it out like anyone else here but I'm still doubtful that the right pick was made. Either way today sucked and wish it went the other way  but it didn't. Oh well like I said earlier before the draft. It's a Bucs life!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mariota threw it 16 times… 4 TDs, tho’…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can believe that Mariota is going to be better than the herky jerky guy thats tripping over his own feet and is flopping all over the place.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ask yourself Dr. Excuse. Who was the more prepared QB today? If you can't answer that then you are a complete "__________________" Fill in the blank

I'm not making any excuses.Mariota got hits balls sucked by the announcers all game for completing little 5 yard quick passes to wide open WRs. He got placed directly into a system taylor made for him. Like literally, their offense was designed to mirror the style oregon played in. That will work, Mariota will excel completing these passes, but only in the short team. This type of offense is easy to figure out in the pro level and will only take you so far. Winston was plced into Koetter's offense, Mariota was placed into Mariota's offense. One will work in the short term, one will hopefully work in the long term.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree...it is early.  But Lovie is a complete failure so far here in Tampa.  4-12 would be a good season after this game.  He should be fired if he goes 4-12 or worse.  There's no progress on STs, D or offense.Lovie Smith is washed up.  Pathetic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Look, Winston hopefully still turns out to be a real franchise QB, by that’s not the point here.  The point is how all the Winston lovers went to such lengths to tell us how unprepared Mariota was for the NFL.  Also, it is VERY clear Lovie was once again out coached.  If the Bucs had taken Mariota, the results for each team would probably still be the same.  Call me chicken little all you want but right now the best hope I have is Joey Bosa.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not making any excuses.Mariota got hits balls sucked by the announcers all game for completing little 5 yard quick passes to wide open WRs. He got placed directly into a system taylor made for him. Like literally, their offense was designed to mirror the style oregon played in. That will work, Mariota will excel completing these passes, but only in the short team. This type of offense is easy to figure out in the pro level and will only take you so far. Winston was plced into Koetter's offense, Mariota was placed into Mariota's offense. One will work in the short term, one will hopefully work in the long term.

You really saw the Oregon offense out there today?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could've sworn all I heard was that Winston was the better fit for Koetters offense. And how is executing an offense designed around you to perfection a bad thing??  Mariota has looked that good his whole career. And, they only ran two plays anyone would consider "oregon" plays. Playaction slants have been in the nfl for quite a while now

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can believe that Mariota is going to be better than the herky jerky guy thats tripping over his own feet and is flopping all over the place.

Here is my assessment of the 2 QB's today.Winston looked like he was being controlled by a drunk puppet master. Sloppy, loose and out of control.Mariota looked like the "Real Superman". Quick, tight and precise. No offense Newton.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could've sworn all I heard was that Winston was the better fit for Koetters offense. And how is executing an offense designed around you to perfection a bad thing??  Mariota has looked that good his whole career. And, they only ran two plays anyone would consider "oregon" plays. Playaction slants have been in the nfl for quite a while now

THIS

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You really saw the Oregon offense out there today?

Quick, 1 WR reads vs an unprepared defense?Yes. Oregon offense in a nutshell.Mariota never had to do anything special, just complete these quick pases on time to his primary read. That's how it worked for him in Oregon and how it worked today. Teams will key onto this as the season progresses. I've been saying it to my friends all along that Mariota will come out stronger but won't hit as high of ceiling while Winston will struggle out the gate but eventually develop into the better QB. After seeing the type of offense they designed around Mariota today I still stand by that. The type of offense the Titans ran today will never grow Mariota. It will have him succeed for a bit but never become the best QB he can. Winstons offense challenges him much more and if he can learn and grow it will eventually leave him the better QB. This will take time but because Bucs fans are so damn stupid and people are so hung up on the Mariota V Winston bullshit that it's going to be an annoying couple of months on these boards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

Winston IS the better fit for the offense. An offense takes TIME to learn. Is this so confusing for you two or what? Mariota did not have to LEARN much because the offense is made to mirror what he has done at Oregon. Winston is dropped into an offense that has already been designed with or without him and as such it will take longer for him to learn it and develop. This isn't rocket science.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

Winston IS the better fit for the offense. An offense takes TIME to learn. Is this so confusing for you two or what? Mariota did not have to LEARN much because the offense is made to mirror what he has done at Oregon. Winston is dropped into an offense that has already been designed with or without him and as such it will take longer for him to learn it and develop. This isn't rocket science.

So Mariota didn't have to learn anything and Winston does, yet Winston is the more pro ready.  Gotcha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder how many ‘I told you so’ texts Lovie has gotten today.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

So Mariota didn't have to learn anything and Winston does, yet Winston is the more pro ready.  Gotcha.

Yes.Plug both of the QBs into the current Bucs offense, Winston comes out mastering it quicker than Mariota does "more pro ready". Pro ready doesn't mean he's going to be a master QB day one, it refers to how fast they can learn a pro style offense. It would take Mariota MUCH longer to learn this style of offense than it will Winston. Winston is more "pro ready" in that he understands the fundamentals, reads, defenses, etc. better than Mariota and can use this to learn a pro style offense quicker. Andrew freaking Luck is the most pro ready QB to come out in years and he still hasn't hit his peak, but RG3 had the better rookie season because he was thrown into a Washington offense made around his scrambling strengths. Put RG3 in that Colts offense that Luck runs? Not a chance. The Titans offense today was not a "pro style" offense. It was an Oregon knockoff designed to showcase Mariota's current strengths but does NOTHING to grow him as a QB.Is this so damn confusing?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

Ok, so it's the Oregon offense you never watched. Thay would explain why you didn't know Mariota was better the whole time. Got it now

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SD is in denial.  Wow.  Dude.  Tuck your tail for now.  Mariota looked way better.  Just admit it and move on.  Winston is a rookie and still may pan out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

Yes.Plug both of the QBs into the current Bucs offense, Winston comes out mastering it quicker than Mariota does "more pro ready". Pro ready doesn't mean he's going to be a master QB day one, it refers to how fast they can learn a pro style offense. It would take Mariota MUCH longer to learn this style of offense than it will Winston. Winston is more "pro ready" in that he understands the fundamentals, reads, defenses, etc. better than Mariota and can use this to learn a pro style offense quicker. Andrew freaking Luck is the most pro ready QB to come out in years and he still hasn't hit his peak, but RG3 had the better rookie season because he was thrown into a Washington offense made around his scrambling strengths. Put RG3 in that Colts offense that Luck runs? Not a chance. The Titans offense today was not a "pro style" offense. It was an Oregon knockoff designed to showcase Mariota's current strengths but does NOTHING to grow him as a QB.Is this so damn confusing?

What is confusing is you simply not getting it.  A good team and good coaches adapt to their players. TN did that today.  Lovie did not.  I still think Winston will be a very good QB in this league, but for you to deny Mariota's outstanding play today is simply beyond reason.  Mariota threw into tight windows, made great reads and performs better than any rookie QB on his first start in the history of the NFL. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I made my "assessment" well before today. So am I also "delusional?"

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I disagree...they changed the system to fit the player's skills. I think there's a term for that...it's called "coaching."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If its just a preliminary assessment.. No that's understandable.If it's a final assessment.. Then your an idiot. Not sure where you fall mate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plug both of the QBs into the current Bucs offense, Winston comes out mastering it quicker than Mariota does “more pro ready”. Pro ready doesn’t mean he’s going to be a master QB day one, it refers to how fast they can learn a pro style offense. It would take Mariota MUCH longer to learn this style of offense than it will Winston. Winston is more “pro ready” in that he understands the fundamentals, reads, defenses, etc. better than Mariota and can use this to learn a pro style offense quicker. Andrew freaking Luck is the most pro ready QB to come out in years and he still hasn’t hit his peak, but RG3 had the better rookie season because he was thrown into a Washington offense made around his scrambling strengths. Put RG3 in that Colts offense that Luck runs? Not a chance. The Titans offense today was not a “pro style” offense. It was an Oregon knockoff designed to showcase Mariota’s current strengths but does NOTHING to grow him as a QB.Is this so damn confusing?Look, you FSU homer! You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your quote. In case you haven't noticed, Mariota is a very quick study. He is the epitome of an NFL professional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

If it's so easy for a QB to have an nearly perfect QB rating using it, why doesn't every NFL team run the exact same offense? Your reasoning is very flawed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

It was an Oregon knockoff designed to showcase Mariota's current strengths but does NOTHING to grow him as a QB.

Wait...so designing an offense around the most important player's skills is a bad idea? Dude, you're clueless and it becomes more evident w/every post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If its just a preliminary assessment.. No that's understandable.If it's a final assessment.. Then your an idiot. Not sure where you fall mate.

Mate, my assessment prior to today's game is this:Mariota is a better QB who was downgraded simply because of the offense he played in in college. People always say he can't do this, he can't do that...what about what the guy can do? Winston on the other hand is a guy who made way too many mistakes last season, and I saw the same mistakes today.

Please wait…

• sunjem2626

Participant

Don’t forget that JW has “swag” and “it” while Mariota does not.Didn't someone call Mariota weak minded?  LOL on that one!Where's Roadtoastjones at?  Talking his shet about Mariota?

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Mariota would have shared the same fate as Winston if the Bucs had drafted him. Not sure why it’s so hard for some of you to figure out. Sure Winston looked timid, was rushed, not accurate. Having said that, you could say similar negatives about the entire team and for that matter coaching staff.Tennessee was more prepared in every aspect of the game and it showed. They put MM in better position to have success with their play calling. Kudos to their staff for finding a hole with the slant pass that was open the entire game that our DC couldn't seem to figure out.This was not all on Winston and some of you and your agendas can't see past it.. Jameis needs to find himself and they need to get him relaxed back there or we will never succeed... No QB would!

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Mariota would have shared the same fate as Winston if the Bucs had drafted him. Not sure why it’s so hard for some of you to figure out. Sure Winston looked timid, was rushed, not accurate. Having said that, you could say similar negatives about the entire team and for that matter coaching staff.Tennessee was more prepared in every aspect of the game and it showed. They put MM in better position to have success with their play calling. Kudos to their staff for finding a hole with the slant pass that was open the entire game that our DC couldn't seem to figure out.This was not all on Winston and some of you and your agendas can't see past it.. Jameis needs to find himself and they need to get him relaxed back there or we will never succeed... No QB would!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Blah, blah, blah. That’s all you fsu people do, talk.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

These I Told You So threads should be fun to bump each week!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was the one and only game I had planned on actually watching this season. It’s really amazing how all of the FSU fans were going to fill the stadium and replace those of us who can’t root for this guy (lot of empty seats there today). It really, more than anything, ticks me off knowing we could have had Mariota. He was exactly what I saw in college. Dude just picks things up very quickly and makes few mistakes. He is what he’s always been. He tore our defense a new one. Would he have played this well for us? Hard to really tell. People want to give Winston all of these excuses, but he played like he did at FSU. Only difference, you can’t force the ball into spots in the NFL and get away with it like he did in college. He looked slow at times, and many of his throws were pathetic looking. Jenkins saved him, statistically, when the day was done with a few big pass catches and a runs after. As far as SD's comments about dink and dunk for Mariota, I don't know what he was watching, but Mariota averaged 16.7 ypc and didn't throw a pass under 10 yards in the first half. If 16.7ypc and 4 TD's in one half is dink and dunk, then give me dink and dunk all day. The reality is Mariota makes it look easy. You think he's "only" throwing to wide open receivers, when, in fact, he's simply finding the guy who got open and getting the ball to him so fast that the defense can rarely close the gap in time to make it look close. But he also threw a few great passes right in between coverages.Quite a few of us fought this fight before the draft. We were called all kinds of names by the FSU homers. Well, all it took was objectively watching these guys on tape and you wouldn't have been surprised one bit by this result. I knew Mariota was going to blow us out 3 months ago. I told my dad and friends at work that very thing. The tape doesn't lie. It's only when people let their opinions get the best of them and ignore what the tape is showing them. Look at Oregon without Mariota. Should be all you need to know.Winston may eventually pan out, but I have a hard time seeing it. He's got Testeverde written all over him. I just wish the owners would fire themselves and sell this team to someone who knows how to hire a great staff and make a winning team. Just remember, the current staff had Mariota #4 on their board. That should speak volumes right there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Plug both of the QBs into the current Bucs offense, Winston comes out mastering it quicker than Mariota does "more pro ready". Pro ready doesn't mean he's going to be a master QB day one, it refers to how fast they can learn a pro style offense. It would take Mariota MUCH longer to learn this style of offense than it will Winston. Winston is more "pro ready" in that he understands the fundamentals, reads, defenses, etc. better than Mariota and can use this to learn a pro style offense quicker. Andrew freaking Luck is the most pro ready QB to come out in years and he still hasn't hit his peak, but RG3 had the better rookie season because he was thrown into a Washington offense made around his scrambling strengths. Put RG3 in that Colts offense that Luck runs? Not a chance. The Titans offense today was not a "pro style" offense. It was an Oregon knockoff designed to showcase Mariota's current strengths but does NOTHING to grow him as a QB.Is this so damn confusing?

Look, you FSU homer! You have absolutely no evidence whatsoever to support your quote. In case you haven't noticed, Mariota is a very quick study. He is the epitome of an NFL professional.I'm a USC Trojan fan and a Buccaneer fan but nice try. Winston carried that garbage FSU team while Mariota was a product of the system he was in which is a big reason I preferred Winston and still do. Mariota's system will work out for a season most in Tennessee until teams have film on it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

THIS

If it's so easy for a QB to have an nearly perfect QB rating using it, why doesn't every NFL team run the exact same offense? Your reasoning is very flawed.

Because the only time an offense like that results in a score like this is when 1. The opposing defense sucks, 2. There is little to no film. It's why I continue to say that this system will work for roughly a season at most. Once teams have figured out this sthick it's not happening anymore.Our defense sucked dick, let receivers get WIDE open. All Mariota had to do was throw the ball to a target. He wasn't making multiple reads, he wasn't moving around the pocket. All he had to do was 3 step drop and get it to his first Wr 75% of the time because we couldn't stop it. If you call that success at the QB position so be it. I call it an unprepared, (censored)ty defense not being able to cover anything.If you guys want to go ride Mariota's jock go buy a (censored)ing Titans jersey. Stop being so bitter because we didn't take your golden boy. Our QB is someone who will take time to grow but has a better game understanding of X's and O's, this is what it means to be pro-ready. He gets the mental part, it's transitioning that to the field that takes growth, learning, and experience.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Titans put 42 on the Bucs at RJS. Season opener, nonetheless. And the gutting was led by another rook who has previously gutted the very same QB. Did that really happen?  I mean, I do not want to read another POS article about hope and positivity. I want to read about how crappy the team looks and I want it done in detail. That will draw national attention. Hey PR, you want more people on your site?  Let me write for you. I'll blast the Bucs, as they should be, without bias. I will bring them in. Because the truth of the matter is Tampa is a huge joke, and the funnier the beatings, the better the coverage will be. Negative coverage is still bank. Be real is my point. Imagine this team playing other teams, and then write. You see what this oline is made of every day...how could you not predict this like I could?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Be real is my point. Imagine this team playing other teams, and then write. You see what this oline is made of every day...how could you not predict this like I could?

Because their boy crabs is the qb of the team. #Nobias.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was the one and only game I had planned on actually watching this season. It's really amazing how all of the FSU fans were going to fill the stadium and replace those of us who can't root for this guy (lot of empty seats there today). It really, more than anything, ticks me off knowing we could have had Mariota. He was exactly what I saw in college. Dude just picks things up very quickly and makes few mistakes. He is what he's always been. He tore our defense a new one. Would he have played this well for us? Hard to really tell. People want to give Winston all of these excuses, but he played like he did at FSU. Only difference, you can't force the ball into spots in the NFL and get away with it like he did in college. He looked slow at times, and many of his throws were pathetic looking. Jenkins saved him, statistically, when the day was done with a few big pass catches and a runs after. As far as SD's comments about dink and dunk for Mariota, I don't know what he was watching, but Mariota averaged 16.7 ypc and didn't throw a pass under 10 yards in the first half. If 16.7ypc and 4 TD's in one half is dink and dunk, then give me dink and dunk all day. The reality is Mariota makes it look easy. You think he's "only" throwing to wide open receivers, when, in fact, he's simply finding the guy who got open and getting the ball to him so fast that the defense can rarely close the gap in time to make it look close. But he also threw a few great passes right in between coverages.Quite a few of us fought this fight before the draft. We were called all kinds of names by the FSU homers. Well, all it took was objectively watching these guys on tape and you wouldn't have been surprised one bit by this result. I knew Mariota was going to blow us out 3 months ago. I told my dad and friends at work that very thing. The tape doesn't lie. It's only when people let their opinions get the best of them and ignore what the tape is showing them. Look at Oregon without Mariota. Should be all you need to know.Winston may eventually pan out, but I have a hard time seeing it. He's got Testeverde written all over him. I just wish the owners would fire themselves and sell this team to someone who knows how to hire a great staff and make a winning team. Just remember, the current staff had Mariota #4 on their board. That should speak volumes right there.

PREACH sir PREACH

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looking at these two QBs today, you’d never guess which one was an interception machine in college. Oh, wait...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looking at these two QBs today, you'd never guess which one was an interception machine in college. Oh, wait...

ROFL!!Many of here tried to tell a lot of the homers about Winston. What he did in college is is something you can't get away with in the NFL. And it's not like the Titans are brimming with talent on offense either. When you have a QB that can make reads that quickly and combines it with a release that quick, you get what we saw. He found the holes in our defense and exploited them with ease. Winston...not so much. Some of his passes were just horrid too, and those weren't under a lot of pressure either (though some were).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don't forget that JW has "swag" and "it" while Mariota does not.Didn't someone call Mariota weak minded?  LOL on that one!

Don't worry were playing Duke next week. Oh wait were playing an NFL team the Saints this week. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looking at these two QBs today, you'd never guess which one was an interception machine in college. Oh, wait...

ROFL!!Many of here tried to tell a lot of the homers about Winston. What he did in college is is something you can't get away with in the NFL. And it's not like the Titans are brimming with talent on offense either. When you have a QB that can make reads that quickly and combines it with a release that quick, you get what we saw. He found the holes in our defense and exploited them with ease. Winston...not so much. Some of his passes were just horrid too, and those weren't under a lot of pressure either (though some were).

Yup. Been that way from day one but people gloss pass that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was the one and only game I had planned on actually watching this season. It's really amazing how all of the FSU fans were going to fill the stadium and replace those of us who can't root for this guy (lot of empty seats there today). It really, more than anything, ticks me off knowing we could have had Mariota. He was exactly what I saw in college. Dude just picks things up very quickly and makes few mistakes. He is what he's always been. He tore our defense a new one. Would he have played this well for us? Hard to really tell. People want to give Winston all of these excuses, but he played like he did at FSU. Only difference, you can't force the ball into spots in the NFL and get away with it like he did in college. He looked slow at times, and many of his throws were pathetic looking. Jenkins saved him, statistically, when the day was done with a few big pass catches and a runs after. As far as SD's comments about dink and dunk for Mariota, I don't know what he was watching, but Mariota averaged 16.7 ypc and didn't throw a pass under 10 yards in the first half. If 16.7ypc and 4 TD's in one half is dink and dunk, then give me dink and dunk all day. The reality is Mariota makes it look easy. You think he's "only" throwing to wide open receivers, when, in fact, he's simply finding the guy who got open and getting the ball to him so fast that the defense can rarely close the gap in time to make it look close. But he also threw a few great passes right in between coverages.Quite a few of us fought this fight before the draft. We were called all kinds of names by the FSU homers. Well, all it took was objectively watching these guys on tape and you wouldn't have been surprised one bit by this result. I knew Mariota was going to blow us out 3 months ago. I told my dad and friends at work that very thing. The tape doesn't lie. It's only when people let their opinions get the best of them and ignore what the tape is showing them. Look at Oregon without Mariota. Should be all you need to know.Winston may eventually pan out, but I have a hard time seeing it. He's got Testeverde written all over him. I just wish the owners would fire themselves and sell this team to someone who knows how to hire a great staff and make a winning team. Just remember, the current staff had Mariota #4 on their board. That should speak volumes right there.

PREACH sir PREACH

Folks - we all need to get over this thing.  There are no amount of "I told you so's" that are going to bring Mariota through that door.  I agree with you, a lot of the predraft hype about Jameis being such a superior prospect to Marcus and the system QB BS was incredibly overblown.  The Mariota I saw carve us up today was the exact same Mariota I saw in my many years of being a Ducks fan.  The bigger question is why, on the road, in his first NFL start, did Mariota look so comfortable?  And conversely, why did Jameis look so out of sorts?  Jameis was playing in his home state, in front of many fans who have watched him and rooted him on before.  With a team, who, growing up in Alabama, was televised for him a lot in the Bucs.  Meanwhile, Mariota was thousands of miles from home and where he played in college.  Others have said it, but if this doesn't highlight the enormous gap in coaching/preparation between these two teams then I don't know what does. I'm someone who was born into being an Oregon Ducks fan, waited for a player like Mariota to come along for decades, then once he did and came out for the draft my favorite NFL team bypassed him.  I would've loved for Mariota to be a Buc.  But he's not and likely won't ever be.  So let's not whine and shout I told you so (after 1 friggin game at that) - let's rally around Jameis, and hope him and more importantly, Lovie, pull this thing together so the 2015 draft doesnt haunt me or us as Bucs fans...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PREACH sir PREACH

Folks - we all need to get over this thing.  There are no amount of "I told you so's" that are going to bring Mariota through that door.  I agree with you, a lot of the predraft hype about Jameis being such a superior prospect to Marcus and the system QB BS was incredibly overblown.  The Mariota I saw carve us up today was the exact same Mariota I saw in my many years of being a Ducks fan.  The bigger question is why, on the road, in his first NFL start, did Mariota look so comfortable?  And conversely, why did Jameis look so out of sorts?  Jameis was playing in his home state, in front of many fans who have watched him and rooted him on before.  With a team, who, growing up in Alabama, was televised for him a lot in the Bucs.  Meanwhile, Mariota was thousands of miles from home and where he played in college.  Others have said it, but if this doesn't highlight the enormous gap in coaching/preparation between these two teams then I don't know what does. I'm someone who was born into being an Oregon Ducks fan, waited for a player like Mariota to come along for decades, then once he did and came out for the draft my favorite NFL team bypassed him.  I would've loved for Mariota to be a Buc.  But he's not and likely won't ever be.  So let's not whine and shout I told you so (after 1 friggin game at that) - let's rally around Jameis, and hope him and more importantly, Lovie, pull this thing together so the 2015 draft doesnt haunt me or us as Bucs fans...

Lovie sucks. Great post.

Please wait…

• AMGIII

Participant

Jameis is so fun in interviews.  His bubbly personality is infectious. Lol

I hope this is sarcasm. Otherwise you were drunk when you watched him.

Please wait…

• c.greene55

Participant

Why couldn't we draft Mariota and modify the offense to fit his strengths? As if throwing to wide open WRs is a bad thing lol.

Please wait…

Viewing 82 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.