Viewing 61 reply threads

• Author

• smokedacane

Participant

Welp, so much for not throwing ints during practice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I saw that. Interesting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

un-possible!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right after a monster sack, too…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol, Maybe the Titan Defense is trash since he was perfect in practice.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

While I think it’s funny, it really wasn’t that bad of a pass. Nothing he could do. More of a bad call for 2nd and 21. The entire stadium new a screen was coming lolWould like to see him step up in the pocket and throw down field with a corner, deep out, post etc.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All of his throws before the pick within 5 yrds.  Made it easy for D to anticipate

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

And yes it appears the Titans defense is trash. They provided absolutely zero resistance against Matt Ryan who just hung his balls out all over there face down the field the first drive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

While I think it's funny, it really wasn't that bad of a pass. Nothing he could do. More of a bad call for 2nd and 21. The entire stadium new a screen was coming lolWould like to see him step up in the pocket and throw down field with a corner, deep out, post etc.

Its the preseason, let him chuck it

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

MAriota with another turnoverTd falconsOUCH

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a fumble……no freakin way!!!

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

On that fumble, if he actually gets the ball off it was an INt. Backer was sitting underneath that pass he was targeting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was just stripped of the ball and the Falcons defense ran it in for a touchdown.

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Nice pass there..

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Facing the back up D now

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Facing the back up D now

I was wondering if this was, he's not doing bad now. Much better protection and throws.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

its so painful listening to these Falcon broadcasters

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Facing the back up D now

I was wondering if this was, he's not doing bad now. Much better protection and throws.

They pulled the starters after the 1st play of this drive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs D will definitely be my defense of choice in all of my fanduels week 1

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

He rebounded well on 3rd drive against the backups.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

Mariota looks great against the 3rd stringers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In other news i am taking a $hit right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When Mariota faced pressure he did pretty poorly (bad sack, int, and fumble). The rest of the time its been a pretty clean pocket, and he made some throws I would expect most QB’s in the league to make. He'll have to learn to face the pressure a little better or its not gonna be pretty.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can you give us play-by-play tweets?

Please wait…

• snidley

Participant

Mariota looks great against the 3rd stringers.

Was just going to comment on that, the moment the starters came out he started moving the ball. Hopefully Jameis shows better against Vikings 1st D!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was short and sweet. Nice clean one! As you can see how interested i am in how the titans new qb does. He seems like a good kid so i wish him well but i stopped caring the moment we drafted Winston.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was short and sweet. Nice clean one! As you can see how interested i am in how the titans new qb does.

uninterested....yet you clicked on a post titled "mariota just threw a int on a screen pass"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It was short and sweet. Nice clean one! As you can see how interested i am in how the titans new qb does.

uninterested....yet you clicked on a post titled "mariota just threw a int on a screen pass"?

Yep. Just wanted to see what the obsessed losers had to say. You are on the top of the list so congrats.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

Please take a stroll over to Profootballtalk…Yesterday, Florio, wrote an article headlined Winston is "confounded" by NFL LBers simply because, when asked what is the biggest difference between college and the Pros, Winston stated that LBers are able to cover far better...Florio then continued to question whether Jameis, physically, could play in the NFL and then questioned his response to adversity.Today, Profootballtalk has a headline focusing on Mariota playing well against Atlanta's second team defense.I would like to point out this nonsense (misleading, negative BS) will continue to be the case with Profootballtalk until Mariota PROVES he is a bust. Or until some other QB comes along that they can use to prove that Winston is not up to par...Don't believe me...check out Profootballtalk (especially Florio) articles about Newton and Gabbert leading up the 2011 season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep. Just wanted to see what the obsessed losers had to say. You are on the top of the list so congrats.

oh geez.....another internet aristocrat. Impressive!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

About what I expected. A lot of short passes. I think the TD pass was 6 yards. Might as well air it out in these meaningless games. See what your QB has.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks man..... And an early congrats on your 45k post. Gonna watch the rays game now. Go bucs!

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

But is he internet rich?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But is he internet rich?

gotta be a man of means to post here and take a crap at the same time!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's a tough call with the Packers playing the Bears also.Decisions, decisions...Oh, and WELCOME TO THE NFL Mr. Pac-12 single read QB. Not quite the same as so many here thought it would be.And the Atlanta defense is PUTRID.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's a tough call with the Packers playing the Bears also.Decisions, decisions...

ouch......this is true!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t think he looked so hot. BUT, I will hold off talking smack, until I see our guy play Sat night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But is he internet rich?

gotta be a man of means to post here and take a crap at the same time!!

So long as he doesn't post a shot of the $50's he just wiped with, I'm good...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn't think he looked so hot. BUT, I will hold off talking smack, until I see our guy play Sat night.

Preseason smack though gives you a chance to warm up for the regular season. :D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So long as he doesn't post a shot of the $50's he just wiped with, I'm good...

haha....ain't nobody got time for that!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good lord. Shouldn’t you people be more worried about Atlanta’s more aggressive downhill defense under Dan Quinn than about Mariota’s performance?We play Mariota in the opener this year, and then three more times over the next 12 years, unless we meet in the Super Bowl.We have to play the Falcons 24 times, not counting the playoffs, over the next 12 years.So, you should be at least six times more concerned about Atlanta's defensive performance than Mariota's first preseason game performance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not concerned about any other team. Nothing I can do about it. Was just interested to see the kid play since there has been so much talk about his MISTAKE FREE training camp thus far.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

forget mariota….most seem to be ignoring the 700 pound gorilla in the room….. the falcons offense looked amazing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

forget mariota....most seem to be ignoring the 700 pound gorilla in the room..... the falcons offense looked amazing.

Against what might be a terrible Titan D. Time will tell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a fumble......no freakin way!!!

Maybe the Titans will trade for Glennon! Give us a 1st!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol, Maybe the Titan Defense is trash since he was perfect in practice.

I like the Titans front seven.  Labeau can work his magic with a decent front seven but that backend seems iffy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The pick looked like a miscommunication to me. The fumble was all him not stepping up in the pocket. Then he settled down and looked pretty good. It was enough to be excited about for Titans fans.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

Good lord. Shouldn't you people be more worried about Atlanta's more aggressive downhill defense under Dan Quinn than about Mariota's performance?We play Mariota in the opener this year, and then three more times over the next 12 years, unless we meet in the Super Bowl.We have to play the Falcons 24 times, not counting the playoffs, over the next 12 years.So, you should be at least six times more concerned about Atlanta's defensive performance than Mariota's first preseason game performance.

Did you post this in the Mariota hasn't thrown a pick in training camp thread?It is funny how people are quick to jump up and down screaming about when a thread gets made that they don't like, but when are completely silent otherwise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Atlanta’s offense looked amazing. I’m not worried about their D at all.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Good lord. Shouldn't you people be more worried about Atlanta's more aggressive downhill defense under Dan Quinn than about Mariota's performance?We play Mariota in the opener this year, and then three more times over the next 12 years, unless we meet in the Super Bowl.We have to play the Falcons 24 times, not counting the playoffs, over the next 12 years.So, you should be at least six times more concerned about Atlanta's defensive performance than Mariota's first preseason game performance.

Did you post this in the Mariota hasn't thrown a pick in training camp thread?It is funny how people are quick to jump up and down screaming about when a thread gets made that they don't like, but when are completely silent otherwise.

I don't know why you even care about what you are claiming to care about.......and I'm more concerned that you don't seem to care about what you should be caring about....which is what both Iron and myself mentioned: The falcons look damn good....in pre-season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Meh it was a vanilla type offense GP anyway. Didn’t see any Oregon type plays so Wiz is playing it safe. That OL looks worse than ours though, jesus. Looks like the LB made a good read and Mariota didn’t see him and the fumble he didn’t climb the pocket in time…he Falcons literally have NOBODY worth starting on this team over our current starters on the DL. McCoy is going to have a field day wk 1, and its pretty safe to say if our OL doesn’t show up it’ll be a low scoring game for both teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you got off winstons nut sack for a minute, and looked at my post history, you would realize that your response to my post is galacticly stupid. The above post you quoted has nothing to do with either Winston or Mariota, and everything to do with Atlanta's defense. Quit responding to me before you fall any further behind. The ignore feature is probably your best bet.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

I don't know why you even care about what you are claiming to care about.......and I'm more concerned that you don't seem to care about what you should be caring about....which is what both Iron and myself mentioned: The falcons look damn good....in pre-season.

I don't know why you even care about what you claim to care about and I'm concerned that you seem to care about general posting practices of others.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

If you got off winstons nut sack for a minute, and looked at my post history, you would realize that your response to my post is galacticly stupid. The above post you quoted has nothing to do with either Winston or Mariota, and everything to do with Atlanta's defense. Quit responding to me before you fall any further behind. The ignore feature is probably your best bet.

Why do you care?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Took the words right outa my mouth. Falcons front line was night and day way better than last season!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Agree with Winston’s observation. NFL LBers are much quicker in coverage and KNOW how to bait a young QB into throw a pick. I’d add NFL D’lines are far quicker closing on the QB once they get disengaged from a block. And they are better at GETTING disengaged too…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think the only thing Mariota’s struggles did last night was take a little pressure off Jameis. If he had looked All-Pro instant superstar Jameis might have been compelled to match that and make mistakes he normally wouldn’t. For better or worse their careers are linked together.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My bet is Marcus doing well would be a benefit to us, if it has any affect at all.  Jameis clearly wants to be the best.  He talked openly about wanting to be #1 during the draft process.  He seems like the kind of competitor who would use Mariota’s success as more fuel.  Even if he is also doing well.  I certainly don’t believe Jameis needs Marcus to be successful.  He appears highly self motivated.  I don’t think in the heat if the game, thoughts of Marcus Mariota’s play are drifting into his thoughts.  I doubt he throws a pick tonight and thinks: “whew, glad Marcus turned it over twice.”.  If there is motivation, it is during the week.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Mariota is going to suck at the pro game. He will not make the necessary adjustments to be successful and no OC can accommodate a run first QB for very long.  What's weird is, it's the first pre-season game and Mariota looks disinterested....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Took the words right outa my mouth. Falcons front line was night and day way better than last season!

Yep. They looked good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's weird is, it's the first pre-season game and Mariota looks disinterested....

Marcus has transcended human emotion

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's weird is, it's the first pre-season game and Mariota looks disinterested....

Marcus has transcended human emotion

He's preparing to merge with the machine.

Please wait…

Viewing 61 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.