Viewing 101 reply threads

• Author

• Hate

Participant

Mark Dominik: Teddy Bridgewater’s problems go beyond Pro DayPosted by Michael David Smith on April 18, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT Former Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s draft stock has appeared to decline dramatically in recent weeks, as a disappointing Pro Day has led to talk that he’s not the potential No. 1 overall pick that he was proclaimed to be during the 2013 season. But one NFL personnel man says that in reality, Bridgewater’s stock was never that high to begin with.Mark Dominik, the former Buccaneers general manager who now serves as an analyst for ESPN, said on NFL Live that he doesn’t believe Bridgewater’s Pro Day is a problem so much as his skinny frame, as well as the fact that Bridgewater didn’t always look like an elite passer on tape.“There were things you saw on tape when you watched him,” Dominik said. “Something that scouts internally, we talked about it in Tampa with Teddy Bridgewater last year. Is he really the premiere quarterback? I like the young man, I think he’s a quality individual, he’s got character and leadership and those things. But this is a quarterback, and you’re judged by what quarterback you draft, and I think Teddy Bridgewater might not have all the pieces you’re looking for.Dominik indicated that if teams with Top 5 picks like the Texans, Jaguars and Browns are interested in Bridgewater, their interest is in hoping Bridgewater falls all the way out of the first round and is still available early in the second round. That’s a long fall from where most people thought Bridgewater would be drafted.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/18/mark-dominik-teddy-bridgewaters-problems-go-beyond-pro-day/Something about the guy just doesn't pass the eyeball test with me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dominic or TB?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Teddy’s frame is too skinny, then so is Matt Ryan’s frame, so is Alex Smith’s frame. Someone should notify the Falcons and Chiefs…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://nfl.si.com/2014/04/18/2014-nfl-draft-teddy-bridgewater-jaguars/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…. says the guy who traded up for Josh Freeman.

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

.... says the guy who traded up for Josh Freeman.

+1000000 How anyone can take this guy serious is beyond me?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

bridgewater will be fine. since he will be on an nfl training schedule and diet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have to side with md on this one.Also, I've stated it before, and maybe now with his 20 point wonderlic score it's confirmed, but I believe he has some sort of mental disability.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I have to side with md on this one.Also, I've stated it before, and maybe now with his 20 point wonderlic score it's confirmed, but I believe he has some sort of mental disability.

If 20 is a mental disability , then what was Moron Claiborne's 4 ? Zombie ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. Another Benchwarmer gem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Its referred to as the "Terry Schiavo score".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, are you allowed to say that? 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

/thread

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dan Marino got a 15 on his wonderlic, the test is no prediction of NFL success. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl/03/24/wonderlic-test/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Grown men that call themselves Teddy instead of Ted does kind of suggest he might be mentally challenged. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quoting Mark Dominik in anything football related is a joke.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

+1000000 How anyone can take this guy serious is beyond me?

no doubt, he'll have to wear that one like an albatross around his neck but maybe Lavonte will be his saving grace.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s some NFL logic for you….Teddy, not a good prospect because his frame is to small. JFF, great prospect because he's magic.When analyzing the QB spot, it's probably wise to focus on the things that the player does or does not do in the passing game. Who knows I've never drafted a head case bust who bought more scented candles than one man every should.Teddy B is the most pro ready and will prove to be the best QB in the draft. Put that shit in the books and I'll stamp it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article is very relevant to us, much more than all these other rumors.  MD says he had these conversations with Tampa scouts, and last time I checked, we still have the same scouts.Until Licht can reshape the front office, he'll be leaning on those scouts, especially in the coming draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn’t pass Hate’s eyeball test. That’s a big thing. I’ve witnessed Hate turn waitresses away only because she looked like she would bring his Bacardi and coke with a lemon.Eye ball test doesn't lie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't pass Hate's eyeball test. That's a big thing. I've witnessed Hate turn waitresses away only because she looked like she would bring his Bacardi and coke with a lemon.Eye ball test doesn't lie.

Remember that chick with the great ass who passed by us at champps? She didnt pass Hate's eyeball test, either.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He doesn't pass Hate's eyeball test. That's a big thing. I've witnessed Hate turn waitresses away only because she looked like she would bring his Bacardi and coke with a lemon.Eye ball test doesn't lie.

Remember that chick with the great ass who passed by us at champps? She didnt pass Hate's eyeball test, either.

LMAO..... i don't remember that at all. Being the ass man that i am, if she didn't pass the eyeball test, either she didn't have one or it was gargantuous.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Option 3….she wasn’t white.;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kinda like Johnny instead of John ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Option 3....she wasn't white.;)

;D, alrite.....now you just made me spit out my drink. You know i'm an equal opportunity fornicator!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The eye ball isn't perfect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kinda like Johnny instead of John ?

and Johnny Football is such a beacon of maturity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Say what you will about Manziel, dude is not scurrrred…..and i don’t think he’d be overwhelmed by the task.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow, are you allowed to say that?

Yes...enough time has passed.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A good GM thinks, “What would Mark Dominik do?” And does the opposite.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

brady.00ud.jpgBreaking news!!!!! The Patriots just saw how skinny Tom Brady was as a rookie and he has been CUT!!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand him there  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://bostinno.streetwise.co/2014/02/25/tom-bradys-40-time-at-the-nfl-combine-patriots-super-bowl-winning-quarterback-was-historically-slow-gif/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Breaking news : Patriots cut every player on the roster not 6’5 because they are dirty midgets.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I understand him there  ;D

tumblr_inline_mpjnbcJLWY1qz4rgp.gif

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Whew…  This whole thread is painful to read.  C'Mon draft day

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No Chace – it hasn’t been long enough.  Not nearly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just say noooooooooooo.  He is going to be a bust!!!  Unless if he is drafted in round 3 or later.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No Chace - it hasn't been long enough.  Not nearly.

Plenty of time.http://www.newrepublic.com/article/116425/science-humor-when-does-it-become-ok-joke-about-tragedyTeddy is gonna explode on the scene quicker than The Challenger.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark Dominik doesn’t like Teddy, eh?I guess Teddy really is going to be good after all. Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was never a fan of his, but after the pro day thing, I am even less of a fan. From the reports I have read, he had a meltdown with about 100 scouts there. If he is going to self destruct over something like that, what the hell will he do in his first NFL start?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I haven’t seen any report of a meltdown. Do you have a link?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Keep this going until he gets to 7….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A good GM thinks, "What would Mark Dominik do?" And does the opposite.

Exactly. Like draft McCoy, Foster, Barron, Martin, David, Gholston, Banks sign VJax, Tim Wright, draft James in the 6th and so on.RELAX! I kid!! Just practicing my red board trolling. Gotta stay sharp.. Although I do agree with MD on Teddy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly. Like draft McCoy, Foster, Barron, Martin, David, Gholston, Banks sign VJax, Tim Wright, draft James in the 6th and so on.RELAX! I kid!! Just practicing my red board trolling. Gotta stay sharp.. Although I do agree with MD on Teddy.

One of these things is not like the others.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is why you should always give your post a "Discount Double Check".  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this the same guy that drafted Josh Freeman,arrelious Benn,Luke stocker,Brian price,Myron Lewis,Brent Bowden,daquan Bowers,Ahmad black? And overpayed almost every free agent he signed? Lol Mark d was horrible.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Is this the same guy that drafted Josh Freeman,arrelious Benn,Luke stocker,Brian price,Myron Lewis,Brent Bowden,daquan Bowers,Ahmad black? And overpayed almost every free agent he signed? Lol Mark d was horrible.

He paid a little more to avoid a signing bonus. This made it easier to cut a player should they fail to produce after a few seasons by not having dead cap money.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disregard the $…he still made poor personnel decisions when ot came to signing/re-signing players.Eric Wright - Below average CB brought in to be a 1b type CB = Poor personnel decision.Davin Joseph - Injury prone G whose performances and production in after '08 was mostly below average = Poor personnel decision. Jeremy Trueblood - Seems he was retained just to keep the "keep our own" mantra going.Big Cheetah - Career STer who should have been and could have been easily replaced with an UDFA = Poor personnel decision. Dashon Goldson - Developed a reputation based upon timely hits and physical tackles, but for his last few seasons in SF, he led the defense in missed tackles/penalties against, and was constantly exposed in coverage. All this was covered and masked by the fact that there were 4 all pro level players in their front 7 and had a ferocious pass rush. He was simply a thumpers who rode the success of Vic Fangio's defense. No surprise that he looked like an overly penalized Sean Jones in his first season in pewter and red. = Poor personnel decision. Sean Jones - A Dashon Goldson type safety who couldn't hit = Poor personnel decision.Tanard Jackson - putting even the slightest bit of hope and trust in a guy who couldn't keep his nose clean = Poor personnel decision.It isn't ever really about the money. Its about constantly signing unreliable players and pigeonholing yourself because of it. Had Dom moved on from Davin or Trueblood or Quincy Black, etc..then they would have had to fill that hole with a different player, yes, but it wouldn't have been the below average player that your were settling with. Rolling with these players in a sense prevented the Bucs from actually upgrading these positions because they were focused on other positions because of the assumption that "Davin will be fine at OG, Trueblood will be fine at RD, amd so forth."Fail.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article is very relevant to us, much more than all these other rumors.  MD says he had these conversations with Tampa scouts, and last time I checked, we still have the same scouts.Until Licht can reshape the front office, he'll be leaning on those scouts, especially in the coming draft.

very interesting

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He paid a little more to avoid a signing bonus. This made it easier to cut a player should they fail to produce after a few seasons by not having dead cap money.

Also made it extremely hard to trade any of them.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Wow. Just wow. Dom is long gone and pr still portrays him as competent and defends him. 28-52Espn lost a ton of credibility by hiring dom as an analyst, just like pr loses more and more of it by defending the undefendable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Like any GM he had some hits and misses.  Ultimately, he did not produce a winning organization.  It was disappointing watching so many of our draft picks fizzle out in the long-term.  As for Freeman, I blame Rah because he was the guy giving us inside information on the things that did him in.  He was a step up from Allen but never had the right coach.At least he is putting his opinions out there at ESPN.  Many don't do this because they don't want to damage relationships with inside sources (agents).  It will be interesting to see how he evaluates teams drafts (potential future employers) .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disregard the $...he still made poor personnel decisions when ot came to signing/re-signing players.Eric Wright - Below average CB brought in to be a 1b type CB = Poor personnel decision.Davin Joseph - Injury prone G whose performances and production in after '08 was mostly below average = Poor personnel decision. Jeremy Trueblood - Seems he was retained just to keep the "keep our own" mantra going.Big Cheetah - Career STer who should have been and could have been easily replaced with an UDFA = Poor personnel decision. Dashon Goldson - Developed a reputation based upon timely hits and physical tackles, but for his last few seasons in SF, he led the defense in missed tackles/penalties against, and was constantly exposed in coverage. All this was covered and masked by the fact that there were 4 all pro level players in their front 7 and had a ferocious pass rush. He was simply a thumpers who rode the success of Vic Fangio's defense. No surprise that he looked like an overly penalized Sean Jones in his first season in pewter and red. = Poor personnel decision. Sean Jones - A Dashon Goldson type safety who couldn't hit = Poor personnel decision.Tanard Jackson - putting even the slightest bit of hope and trust in a guy who couldn't keep his nose clean = Poor personnel decision.It isn't ever really about the money. Its about constantly signing unreliable players and pigeonholing yourself because of it. Had Dom moved on from Davin or Trueblood or Quincy Black, etc..then they would have had to fill that hole with a different player, yes, but it wouldn't have been the below average player that your were settling with. Rolling with these players in a sense prevented the Bucs from actually upgrading these positions because they were focused on other positions because of the assumption that "Davin will be fine at OG, Trueblood will be fine at RD, amd so forth."Fail.

Left out Michael Clayton.Also we only have those same scouts because it was too late in the process to fire them. Licht will likely clean house after the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disregard the $...he still made poor personnel decisions when ot came to signing/re-signing players.Eric Wright - Below average CB brought in to be a 1b type CB = Poor personnel decision.Davin Joseph - Injury prone G whose performances and production in after '08 was mostly below average = Poor personnel decision. Jeremy Trueblood - Seems he was retained just to keep the "keep our own" mantra going.Big Cheetah - Career STer who should have been and could have been easily replaced with an UDFA = Poor personnel decision. Dashon Goldson - Developed a reputation based upon timely hits and physical tackles, but for his last few seasons in SF, he led the defense in missed tackles/penalties against, and was constantly exposed in coverage. All this was covered and masked by the fact that there were 4 all pro level players in their front 7 and had a ferocious pass rush. He was simply a thumpers who rode the success of Vic Fangio's defense. No surprise that he looked like an overly penalized Sean Jones in his first season in pewter and red. = Poor personnel decision. Sean Jones - A Dashon Goldson type safety who couldn't hit = Poor personnel decision.Tanard Jackson - putting even the slightest bit of hope and trust in a guy who couldn't keep his nose clean = Poor personnel decision.It isn't ever really about the money. Its about constantly signing unreliable players and pigeonholing yourself because of it. Had Dom moved on from Davin or Trueblood or Quincy Black, etc..then they would have had to fill that hole with a different player, yes, but it wouldn't have been the below average player that your were settling with. Rolling with these players in a sense prevented the Bucs from actually upgrading these positions because they were focused on other positions because of the assumption that "Davin will be fine at OG, Trueblood will be fine at RD, amd so forth."Fail.

Left out Michael Clayton.Also we only have those same scouts because it was too late in the process to fire them. Licht will likely clean house after the draft.

Clayton was Allen no?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayton was Allen no?

No. Resigning Mike Clayton was one of Dominik first moves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Clayton was Allen no?

No. Resigning Mike Clayton was one of Dominik first moves.

Ouch!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

brady.00ud.jpgBreaking news!!!!! The Patriots just saw how skinny Tom Brady was as a rookie and he has been CUT!!!!!!

Thick with irony...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If L & L thinks he’s the pick, which wouldn’t surprise me, I’d be happy. Teddy has been considered a top pick for two years straight, and he’s produced against top competition since high school in Miami. Here’s the original summary on Teddy from NFL.com:

A calculated, football-smart, precision-matchup rhythm passer, Bridgewater would be best suited entering a warm-weather or dome environment such as those most common in the South divisions. Would stand to benefit heavily from operating a short, dink-and-dunk rhythm passing game. Compensates for a lack of elite arm talent and prototype measureables with the intangibles and football intelligence that could elevate the other 52 players around him. Instinctive passer with the laser-beam determination to become a Pro Bowl-caliber passer in the right system.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/teddy-bridgewater?id=2543465

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As to Teddy melting down at his pro day, I’ve seen Peyton, Eli and Tom all melt down on national tv. Maybe that’s the secret?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dom’s view is interesting as someone said because his view is that colored by what our scouts told him.  The odd thing is that no one else sees inaccuracy. The only limit the “amateurs” on the web or the former players who reviewed him see in Teddy is deep ball arm strength which they rightly point out is awfully similar to the Brady problem he had when he came out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Taj Boyd evidently impressed in his pro day – thoughts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually don’t mind Boyd, if we don’t go QB in round 1 I don’t like many of the late round prospects, but he’s one I’d take a risk on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Boyd is mobile, inaccurate, doesn’t let routes develop and had Watkins to cover for him.  Not a fan.It really doesnt make any sense to me that teddy bridgewater has performed successfully in a pro style offense for years and then 1 day doesnt and is now fodder... IMO its irrelevant - same goes for taj Boyds pro day.18 more days. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Taj Boyd evidently impressed in his pro day - thoughts?

Didn't like watching him during the season. Pro days don't change anything for me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thick with irony...

truly awe inspiring ineptitude lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thoughts all. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dom's view is interesting as someone said because his view is that colored by what our scouts told him.  The odd thing is that no one else sees inaccuracy. The only limit the "amateurs" on the web or the former players who reviewed him see in Teddy is deep ball arm strength which they rightly point out is awfully similar to the Brady problem he had when he came out.

I'm not saying that I think Bridgewater is inaccurate, but we've seen plenty of QBs whom the amateurs thought had accuracy that the NFL decided wasn't. Jimmy Clausen completed 68% of his passes his final season at Notre Dame. Matt Barkley completed 69.1% of his passes his junior season at USC. College numbers lie all the time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dom's view is interesting as someone said because his view is that colored by what our scouts told him.  The odd thing is that no one else sees inaccuracy. The only limit the "amateurs" on the web or the former players who reviewed him see in Teddy is deep ball arm strength which they rightly point out is awfully similar to the Brady problem he had when he came out.

I'm not saying that I think Bridgewater is inaccurate, but we've seen plenty of QBs whom the amateurs thought had accuracy that the NFL decided wasn't. Jimmy Clausen completed 68% of his passes his final season at Notre Dame. Matt Barkley completed 69.1% of his passes his junior season at USC. College numbers lie all the time.

No one thought those guys were accurate though.  College completion % means nada but people who watch Teddy thought he was plenty accurate and in fact it was a strength not a marginal trait.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one thought those guys were accurate though.  College completion % means nada but people who watch Teddy thought he was plenty accurate and in fact it was a strength not a marginal trait.

Who are the "people" you refer to?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Again I ask, when did Bridgewater melt down? I completely missed this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are never any links to made up rumors.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All the former scouts and players in the media. It isn't like these are random SBB type posters and such.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All the former scouts and players in the media. It isn't like these are random SBB type posters and such.

I don't completely disagree with you because I've thought highly of Bridgewater for a while, but many of the former scouts and players in the media previously liked Brady Quinn, Brian Brohm, Jimmy Clausen, Matt Barkley, and others the actual NFL people were pretty emphatic they weren't impressed by them. The only QB prospect the fans expected to go in the top 5 who dropped and actually ended up being good was Rodgers and that is coming up on ten years ago.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brohm had some fans. Claussen people were frankly dismissive of. Same with Quinn. Barkley was a joke too. Fans might have liked those guys but no analysts or former scouts did I can recall.  Bridge would be the biggest disconnect between current NFLers and past ones I’ve ever seen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brohm had some fans. Claussen people were frankly dismissive of. Same with Quinn. Barkley was a joke too. Fans might have liked those guys but no analysts or former scouts did I can recall.  Bridge would be the biggest disconnect between current NFLers and past ones I've ever seen.

With Bridgewater you start to get concerned that maybe something is wrong with him.  Like JFree type problems.  He's heading in the wrong direction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Brohm had some fans. Claussen people were frankly dismissive of. Same with Quinn. Barkley was a joke too. Fans might have liked those guys but no analysts or former scouts did I can recall.  Bridge would be the biggest disconnect between current NFLers and past ones I've ever seen.

I think you're using a little bit of hindsight to say all the players that didn't turn out to be good weren't very highly thought of in the first place. Don't forget a week before the 2011 draft Mel Kiper said "If Jimmy Clausen is not a successful quarterback in the NFL, I'm done. That's it. I'm out." We all know too many QBs get overdrafted. It's extremely rare a QB gets underdrafted. It's possible this is all smoke and Bridgewater will go #3 overall to Jacksonville. But it's very possible if he drops, there's a good reason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Kiper was really his only defender and champion.  Literally no one else liked him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, Kiper hung on until the end, but the reason no one else liked him is they eventually figured out he wasn’t good, like what might be happening with Bridgewater right now. It wasn’t always like that. Here’s a Nolan Nawrocki mock from January of 2010 and he has Clausen going #13 overall. http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/01/30/mock-draft-defensive-tackles-dominate Here's Don Banks in March predicting Clausen to go #14 overall. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/04/mock.draft2/index.html

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

With Bridgewater you start to get concerned that maybe something is wrong with him.  Like JFree type problems.  He's heading in the wrong direction.

This is a pretty ridiculous comment.  Lol.  Talk about slander

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

very interesting

I would not read too much into that. Licht is a scout himself. He is not completely clueless like Dominik was.I am sure Licht isnt going to be influenced by any bogus analysis because he can just check it himself.

Please wait…

• dalbuc

Participant

My god what the hell is wrong with everyone?  Would someone just please just come right out and say what the real problem is with this guy?  What did he do or say wrong?  Does he have mental problems or something, medical condition?  I tell you the mass amount of people sure influence someone’s draft stock, and I refuse to jump on that ignorant bandwagon.  Until I have hard evidence to justify all this nonsense, I would still draft him at 7 if there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jags met with Bridgewater again…wouldn’t surprise me if they dont mess around and he goes #3

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The only thing about Bridge is he doesn’t have the Flacco/Mettenberger arm… still I love his game, but that is something you wish he had.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tell me why we are still talking about a mid- late round draft pick in the top ten?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark Dominik: Teddy Bridgewater’s problems go beyond Pro DayPosted by Michael David Smith on April 18, 2014, 5:43 PM EDT Former Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater’s draft stock has appeared to decline dramatically in recent weeks, as a disappointing Pro Day has led to talk that he’s not the potential No. 1 overall pick that he was proclaimed to be during the 2013 season. But one NFL personnel man says that in reality, Bridgewater’s stock was never that high to begin with.Mark Dominik, the former Buccaneers general manager who now serves as an analyst for ESPN, said on NFL Live that he doesn’t believe Bridgewater’s Pro Day is a problem so much as his skinny frame, as well as the fact that Bridgewater didn’t always look like an elite passer on tape.“There were things you saw on tape when you watched him,” Dominik said. “Something that scouts internally, we talked about it in Tampa with Teddy Bridgewater last year. Is he really the premiere quarterback? I like the young man, I think he’s a quality individual, he’s got character and leadership and those things. But this is a quarterback, and you’re judged by what quarterback you draft, and I think Teddy Bridgewater might not have all the pieces you’re looking for.Dominik indicated that if teams with Top 5 picks like the Texans, Jaguars and Browns are interested in Bridgewater, their interest is in hoping Bridgewater falls all the way out of the first round and is still available early in the second round. That’s a long fall from where most people thought Bridgewater would be drafted.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/18/mark-dominik-teddy-bridgewaters-problems-go-beyond-pro-day/Something about the guy just doesn't pass the eyeball test with me.

Feel the same way.  Not that I am that interested in any evaluation by Dominic but obviously he has talked to scouts and they seem to see the same thing. Great Kid High Character Leadership but.... ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So now Dominic is in with the league… lol – this is nutty.  And I don’t even like the idea of a first round qb… other shopping to be done…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dominik predicts a slide for ManzielPosted by Mike Florio on April 18, 2014, 9:30 PM EDTTeddy Bridgewater isn’t the only 2014 quarterback prospect who received a dire prognosis from former Buccaneers G.M. Mark Dominik on Friday.  Via Rotowold, Dominik also had some bad news for Johnny Manziel.Dominik, who now works for ESPN, said on the air that Manziel “will fall a little more than people think” in the draft.This assessment presumes that a consensus currently exists as to where Manziel will go.  It doesn’t.As time passes, it seems less likely the Texans would use the first overall pick in the draft on Manziel.  After that, it gets fuzzy.  Could a team spring in front of Jacksonville (No. 3) and Cleveland (No. 4) to get Manziel with the No. 2 selection currently held by the Rams?  Possibly.If he gets past No. 2 (and he likely will), the hot spots become Jacksonville, Cleveland, Oakland at No. 5 (very unlikely), Tampa Bay at No. 7, Minnesota at No. 8, and Tennessee at No. 11.The Cowboys at No. 16 could be very intrigued by Manziel.  Perhaps sufficiently intrigued to trade up.If Manziel makes it past the first half of the round, the question then becomes whether a team from round two would trade up in front of the Browns at No. 26, if the Browns don’t take a quarterback at No. 4.  After the Browns, it then becomes possible if not probable that a team springs into the first round, where a four-year contract and a one-year option would apply.We’d be shocked if Manziel isn’t taken in the first round.  His actual placement in round one, whatever it may be, won’t be a surprise.http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/18/dominik-predicts-a-slide-for-manziel/Dom is definitely unafraid to put his name out there!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One thing certain there are NO sure things in this years draft. That being said due to 98 underclassman declaring there will be players that should have been taken in the first round showing up in the 3rd and 4th round. Personally, unless I had the luxury of just drafting a 3rd down specialist I wouldn't touch Clowney with a 10 foot pole.  The kid is lazy and only interested in one big dollar score!  After that I expect him to act more like a 15 year over the hill veteran who is just there to collect a paycheck like many NFL busts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dom is definitely unafraid to put his name out there!!

I thought he was being pretty PC early on. I took it as a sign he was hoping for another front office job somewhere along the line.  But I think he has settled into this gig, now he is opening up a bit more. It doesn't hurt that the pay is pretty good for doing nothing but running his mouth a couple minutes a day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is that pay?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is that pay?

6 figures

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW from Greg Gabriel (and I disagree with a lot of the article, but just throwing it out there)http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Draft-top-5-Quarterbacks.html

Teddy Bridgewater – LouisvilleHe has a strong arm and throws a nice tight ball, but he lacks accuracy and anticipation. Evaluators want to see a quarterback make a throw before his receivers cut. Bridgewater seldom does that. Too often you see his receiver waiting on the ball. While he can get away with that in college, it won’t happen in the NFL.Another thing that is a huge concern is his accuracy on deeper throws. There are a number of throws on tape over 20 yards where he isn’t close to completing the pass. The last thing that concerns me is that while he started off the 2013 season very strong, his play leveled off. It wasn’t until their bowl game that he came back with a consistent performance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Grain of salt taken…  Gabriel also says Carr is the nbr 1 QB too…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Grain of salt taken…  Gabriel also says Carr is the nbr 1 QB too…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is that pay?

6 figures

damn....where do i send my resume?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is that pay?

6 figures

That is starting pay.  The big guys make 5 mil a year. Like Costas, Al Michaels. Dan Patrick. Jim Nantz, Joe Buck.A rung down the ladder, are guys like Gruden $4mil per, Berman $3mil per.Even a guy like Bayliss, who is at the lower end of the scale, makes $500K a year.Other low end guys [and gals]  Bonnie Bernstein [sp?] $200K per ,  Joe Gibbs $300K per, Chris Myers $500K per.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what is that pay?

6 figures

That is starting pay.  The big guys make 5 mil a year. Like Costas, Al Michaels. Dan Patrick. Jim Nantz, Joe Buck.A rung down the ladder, are guys like Gruden $4mil per, Berman $3mil per.Even a guy like Bayliss, who is at the lower end of the scale, makes $500K a year.Other low end guys [and gals]  Bonnie Bernstein [sp?] $200K per ,  Joe Gibbs $300K per, Chris Myers $500K per.

I'm aware of those peeps but 6 figures for a 10 minute segment a couple times a week? I want that gig.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Something about the guy just doesn't pass the eyeball test with me.

I'm with ya.Teddy-Bridgewater-Card-Game-455x335.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Something about the guy just doesn't pass the eyeball test with me.

I'm with ya.

that's a scary thought

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

FWIW from Greg Gabriel (and I disagree with a lot of the article, but just throwing it out there)http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Draft-top-5-Quarterbacks.html

Teddy Bridgewater – LouisvilleHe has a strong arm and throws a nice tight ball, but he lacks accuracy and anticipation. Evaluators want to see a quarterback make a throw before his receivers cut. Bridgewater seldom does that. Too often you see his receiver waiting on the ball. While he can get away with that in college, it won’t happen in the NFL.Another thing that is a huge concern is his accuracy on deeper throws. There are a number of throws on tape over 20 yards where he isn’t close to completing the pass. The last thing that concerns me is that while he started off the 2013 season very strong, his play leveled off. It wasn’t until their bowl game that he came back with a consistent performance.

He has a strong arm and poor anticipation?  Greg needs to stop using drugs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol

Please wait…

Viewing 101 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.