Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 15 reply threads

• Author

• obuc

Participant

Today is Friday 3/12/2021. They will be signing Shaq and possibly Suh by today or Saturday but, I’m expecting them to lock this up before free agency starts next week and then Succop once free agency starts.

• Vance

Participant

Marked, if this doesn’t happen like you said . You can’t post until the season starts.

• obuc

Participant

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

IF Bucs can lock up most of their own UFAs and avoid the frenzy it would be awesome.

Makes the draft much easier IMO because then the Bucs are looking at players that can play smaller roles.

To me re-signing Gronk, Suh, Shaq, and Succop would be a huge win for this team. Not sure about Brown but lets see what happens. Lots of WR talent is hitting the market along with TE talent so that does work in the Bucs favor.

Auclair is going to be an easy re-sign IMO unless a team wants to overpay him. Bucs quietly re-sign him along with Gronk and the Bucs have the best TE depth in the league once more.

In the event the Bucs can’t resign most of their UFA then the Bucs would probably shift toward a strategy of many low level UFA signings. But that assumes the worst case scenario which isn’t likely.

Build the trenches!

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I sure hope you’re right!

• Welsh Buc

Participant

Brady just extended

• obuc

Participant

Brady extended freeing up 19 million. They already set down to talk to Shaq and I dont think Brady reworks the contract if it isnt used to keep certain players. Both negotiations were going on at the same time. So my call still stands.

With David counting 3.5 against the cap, they could get Shaq 18 mil per year for 3 or 4 years and hit the cap this year by 10 mill perhaps.

• BucsFan83

Participant

You know, Brady really is the GOAT, and I don’t mean that just on the field. The way he conducts business and understanding what his impact is and leadership abilities. They surpass raw talent. That is why he is the GOAT.

• Lawdy

Participant

lets do this

• Boid Fink

Participant

Won’t happen today.

Maybe Monday or Tuesday, their futures will be more clear. But right now everything is murky, but the longer it takes, the more I will worry. If Shaq signs elsewhere, the Bucs need to sign a solid vet who can attempt to replicate what he did (and they won’t come close), but it has to be done before the market dries up and the veterans find homes.

So Shaq by Monday, or Tuesday. They can’t let this drag on for too long. They have to reset quickly.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

Mercedes Lewis over auclair

• Boid Fink

Participant

Mercedes…can he block? I am foggy on his play. He is 36 years old…damn old.

• JC5100

Participant

If they don’t cut Brate they don’t need a TE. Gronk, Howard, Brate, Hudson

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I’m not counting on OJ to finish the season any other way than on IR. Why would we?

• Boid Fink

Participant

OJ is definitely made of glass.

Hopefully he can manage to stay of the IR, but I wouldn’t bet on it.

• Biggs3535

Participant

We have a couple first rounders that have had trouble staying healthy:

OJ Howard: 42/64 games, or 66% of games played
      Vita Vea: 34/48 games, or 70% of games played

It would be great for both of those fellas to play 14+ games next season.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Vita’s injury was a fluke so I can give him a pass in that. I believe he had Devin White roll up on him and that is just a bad break.

The calf strain was not a normal type of injury either, but yeah. I was surprised he didn’t blow his knee out, it sure looked like he did. But he stayed away from soft tissue injuries last season. And again, that injury he sustained was a bad stroke of luck.

OJ is always hurt it seems in non-contact stuff. He may need that TB12 method.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Monday it is.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.