Viewing 72 reply threads

• Author

• smokedacane

Participant

Hahahaha, never thought he would stoop this low.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000645605/article/mayock-goffwentz-as-good-maybe-better-than-winstonmariota?sf22805047=1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What an effing moron.  That dude just loves to hear himself talk and I guess he has to say something.  So a combined 2 Heisman trophies, 2 NC appearances, and one championship are now lesser than Goff’s 1 bowl win and Wentz’s domination of FCS?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the guy that the league’s network hangs all their draft analysis around. I always enjoy listening to Mike talk prospects, but my respect for his opinion has been on a downhill slide for several years now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He could be right.  Draft evaluations are very wrong and often not much better than random guessing.  Just because the crowd thinks Winston-Mariota are better doesn’t mean much.  And while it’s good to win in college, it means nothing in the NFL.  I don’t care how many national  championships Winston has (or how many Brady doesn’t have).Rodgers was better than Smith.  Roethlisberger was better than Manning and Rivers.  Somehow 4th rounder David Garrard was the best QB to come out of the 2002 draft.Right now, Winston and Mariota look like better prospects than Goff and Wentz.  But there are so many variables it's honestly impossible to say once you meet the minimum requirements to be a top prospect.  Winston could turn out like Freemand and Mariota could be injury-prone like RG3. Who knows?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Mayock…

Please wait…

• rpratto

Participant

I saw Wentz play in the Shrine Game and Goff in the Senior Bowl.  Neither could carry Winston’s jock.  If there is anyone on this board who believes these two are better than Winston, I've got a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be nice to see his thoughts would carry some weight and force Buckner down to the buccaneers…  8)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully they are both top 8 QBs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Put Winston on Cleveland, Wentz or Goff on the Bucs and see  how each fare.  We don’t even know that Mariota wouldn’t do better than Winston in Tampa.  There will always be unfair comparisons.  However, in the end, meaning 5 or 10 years from now, Mayock could be “proven” right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s possible that he’s referring to the combination of the two sets of QBs. If you think about it, Mariota might drag the overall score of the Winston/Mariota combo because of his pro style offense short comings. Goff/Wentz might just be a better Pro QB prospect combo.Not saying I agree with him, didn't even read the article, lol.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the guy that the league's network hangs all their draft analysis around. I always enjoy listening to Mike talk prospects, but my respect for his opinion has been on a downhill slide for several years now.

That's where I am too.  Was a big fan in his earlier years because it seemed like he really put in a lot of work.  I imagine he doesn't put in the time as much any more and it really shows in his evaluations.  His opinions are straight up bad these days.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks Mike for talking them up… I want them to be drafted before our pick.  Please add Lynch to your commentary as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully they are both top 8 QBs

Yes. me too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the guy that the league's network hangs all their draft analysis around. I always enjoy listening to Mike talk prospects, but my respect for his opinion has been on a downhill slide for several years now.

That's where I am too.  Was a big fan in his earlier years because it seemed like he really put in a lot of work.  I imagine he doesn't put in the time as much any more and it really shows in his evaluations.  His opinions are straight up bad these days.

NFLn likely has him spread way too thin. I'm sure he does not spend nearly as much time watching prospect film as he did 5 years ago. I also wonder how much of his evaluations are about playing the media game now, given his position. I doubt he ever had to worry about keeping the interest level up, and that may be a factor he is now required to consider.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

However, in the end, meaning 5 or 10 years from now, Mayock could be "proven" right.

So by that measure, let's look and see what Mayock thought of the 2011 draft class...Quarterbacks        Blaine Gabbert, Missouri        Jake Locker, Washington        Cam Newton, Auburn        Ryan Mallett, Arkansas        Andy Dalton, TCUhttp://www.bigcatcountry.com/2011/2/11/1987963/mike-mayocks-updated-top-5-2011-nfl-draft-rankingsSo, to recap...The Guru Mike Mayock thought Blane Gabbert and Jake Locker would be better QB's than Cam Newton. And Ryan Mallett would be better than Andy Dalton.#GrainOfSaltThere are some other hilarious projections by Mayock on that site as well, in hindsight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's possible that he's referring to the combination of the two sets of QBs. If you think about it, Mariota might drag the overall score of the Winston/Mariota combo because of his pro style offense short comings. Goff/Wentz might just be a better Pro QB prospect combo.Not saying I agree with him, didn't even read the article, lol.

Actually Bucky Brooks (and no one disagreed) thought Mariota had a higher ceiling than Winston.  It's easy for fans here (as for fans everywhere) to be very excited for Winston and feel he's arrived.  But if you remove his rookie tag, he had a mediocre season for a bad team that's been a bottom feeder for almost a decade.Now, before I get attacked, I think Winston's (and the Buc's) future is very bright.  But if I'm on the outside looking in I'd expect the same old Bucs until proven otherwise.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's possible that he's referring to the combination of the two sets of QBs. If you think about it, Mariota might drag the overall score of the Winston/Mariota combo because of his pro style offense short comings. Goff/Wentz might just be a better Pro QB prospect combo.Not saying I agree with him, didn't even read the article, lol.

Actually Bucky Brooks (and no one disagreed) thought Mariota had a higher ceiling than Winston.  It's easy for fans here (as for fans everywhere) to be very excited for Winston and feel he's arrived.  But if you remove his rookie tag, he had a mediocre season for a bad team that's been a bottom feeder for almost a decade.Now, before I get attacked, I think Winston's (and the Buc's) future is very bright.  But if I'm on the outside looking in I'd expect the same old Bucs until proven otherwise.

But you can't remove the rookie tag.  That is in fact, what makes what he did so special

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s why mocks are soooo  subjective.WAY too many variables to use a QB's performance based on their unique drafted situation...It's a roll of the dice more often than it's not.Mayock gets very well paid to do some deep tape study, talk to these guys, etc.  He is a respected evaluator.That said, he loves everyone in the end - Just like our own Jon Gruden.  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But you can't remove the rookie tag.  That is in fact, what makes what he did so special

Yes, you can.  The "rookie" label gets people excited because you naturally assume progression.  The assumption is: "Winston was this good as a rookie, how good will he be in a year or two?"You can't make that assumption.  Look at Michael Clayton: 1200 yards as a rookie and he never broke 500 after that.  Or Cadillac Williams.  Or look at RG3 - he probably had the best rookie season at QB ever.  Look at all the rookie of the year winners (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/award_aporoy.htm). For every successful rookie (Adrian Peterson, Cam Newton) there's a bad player (Sam Bradford, Vince Young).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, you can.  The "rookie" label gets people excited because you naturally assume progression.  The assumption is: "Winston was this good as a rookie, how good will he be in a year or two?"You can't make that assumption.  Look at Michael Clayton: 1200 yards as a rookie and he never broke 500 after that.  Or Cadillac Williams.  Or look at RG3 - he probably had the best rookie season at QB ever.  Look at all the rookie of the year winners (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/award_aporoy.htm). For every successful rookie (Adrian Peterson, Cam Newton) there's a bad player (Sam Bradford, Vince Young).

Well, there are some QBs that regress, but that's usually one of two things, they had injury plagued careers, or their mental makeup or physical skills didn't translate to the NFL and defenses quickly figured them out (see Tim Tebow).  Winston's mental and physical abilities translate perfectly to the NFL, so unless he gets hits by injury, he should progress very well. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would be nice to see his thoughts would carry some weight and force Buckner down to the buccaneers...  8)

Is there an instance we can point at, and say, ..mayock changed it?I'm not going to sit here and call the guy crazy either, because i haven't followed the college QBs enough to be a fair judge, but i doubt these guys are on par with winston or mariota.However, I'm WAY in favor of mayock stating this, because IF someone (more big names) come out and suggest this, teams like cleveland, or maybe even dallas, might select a qb.In which case, all we would have to worry about then is someone trading over tampa for the DEs.Honestly, as buc fans, people need to shut up about how crazy mayock really is. Now is not the time to bring that up guys...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s all about stirring things up and keeping the conversation going at this time of year for talk radio and the networks. You don’t do that by saying boring things. He might not even believe what he says but have got to keep interest up. He probably knows say something controversial, keep viewers and he keeps cashing those hefty checks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's all about stirring things up and keeping the conversation going at this time of year for talk radio and the networks. You don't do that by saying boring things. He might not even believe what he says but have got to keep interest up. He probably knows say something controversial, keep viewers and he keeps cashing those hefty checks.

As far as I'm concerned, this is pro-buc.And as such, ..I will allow the craziness to continue!Now, had the guy said something like, spence, buckner, bosa, and every other top DE was elite and lucky to be lumped in one draft together...Oh, man. He would get the dookie vs car treatment from me. The guy is already on my isht list and that would make me downright hate him, lol.But this? ..This is beautiful.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What an effing moron.  That dude just loves to hear himself talk and I guess he has to say something.  So a combined 2 Heisman trophies, 2 NC appearances, and one championship are now lesser than Goff's 1 bowl win and Wentz's domination of FCS?

this draft lacks star power in the worst way....they have to hype it somehow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What an effing moron.  That dude just loves to hear himself talk and I guess he has to say something.  So a combined 2 Heisman trophies, 2 NC appearances, and one championship are now lesser than Goff's 1 bowl win and Wentz's domination of FCS?

this draft lacks star power in the worst way....they have to hype it somehow.

Good point

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Daniel Jeremiah certainly disagreed.  Did a whole podcast on the two with Winston being his preference.  From what I recall, Brooks preferred Winston as well but did say that if everything went right for Mariota's development, he does have a higher ceiling.  In the end he liked Winston more though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hustle them clicks mike

Please wait…

• jggators

Participant

Jameis Winston from weeks 3-13 was rated as the 6th best qb in the NFL by mike mayocks own website profootball focus in the 2015 NFL season.... , his upside is Big Ben meets Eli Manning.. you know superbowl winner.... Mariota at best maybe Kaepernick with better intangibles( a guy who goes to a superbowl but doesnt win)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Exactly Hate. Especially when the No. 1 pick could be a guy most people have never heard of if you’re a casual follower of football.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Neither of these QBs will be taken in the first 10 picks.  That’s how good they are. Nice job Mayock.  What a complete doooooooooche!

Please wait…

• jggators

Participant

if their was a winston type of qb prospect in this draft, the titans could get an rg3 type of deal from san fran, denver or the jetsas it stands now... wentz and goff may fall out of the top 10... im hearing some teams dont have first round grades on either qb.. keep an eye on Cardele Jones( John Elway like him a lot)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither of these QBs will be taken in the first 10 picks.  That's how good they are. Nice job Mayock.  What a complete doooooooooche!

If the browns are in the top ten, theres always going to be a qb picked in the top ten.If anything, they don't give up...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, there are some QBs that regress, but that's usually one of two things, they had injury plagued careers, or their mental makeup or physical skills didn't translate to the NFL and defenses quickly figured them out (see Tim Tebow).  Winston's mental and physical abilities translate perfectly to the NFL, so unless he gets hits by injury, he should progress very well.

But you can only see that in hindsight.  No one expected Sam Bradford, RG3, Vince Young, etc. to fall apart.  There wasn't a soul who expected Michael Clayton to never again reach 500 yards after his rookie year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hustle them clicks mike

Exactly. Same reason SR keeps putting Rankins in the 1st round for the Bucs. He knows everyone is going to have a comment about him love him or hate him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Click generatorSo he can afford to buy those slick threads

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMHO the Browns will take Wentz. Not sure about anyone else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think it’s about clicks with Mayock – this is a guy who I’m sure has been pushed to do twitter for years by his bosses and basically has refused (he’s on it now, but barely). I think it's much more simple - QBs are hard to evaluate. Just because Mayock is an educated tape-watcher doesn't make it any easier. I like Mayock quite a bit and his legacy is important. Kiper created an army of draftniks, but Mayock played a big role in educating a new group of them on the intricacies of film.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But you can only see that in hindsight.  No one expected Sam Bradford, RG3, Vince Young, etc. to fall apart.  There wasn't a soul who expected Michael Clayton to never again reach 500 yards after his rookie year.

Injuries can only be seen in hindsight, though some players have a playing style or physical build that might precipitate those injuries.  Vince Young's inability to learn an offense insured his decline.  His Wonderlic and the simplistic offense Texas was forced to cater him with were solid indicators of that. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Reading between the lines last year, I felt Mayock wasn’t a big fan of Winston.He raved about his leadership ability on the field, but that is about it. His public comments about him were pretty generic and wishy washey.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with Mayock...

12 months later and still butthurt. Face it...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tim Tebow? All Tebow does is wins football games. State championship in High School, Two National championships in College, a divisional championship in the NFL. Kyle Orton was 0-4 at Denver before Tebow rallied the team to win the division. Tebow has 9 wins in 16 starts, 7 or those were game winning drives. He has won a playoff game which is one more then many other starting QB's. Tebow was traded to the Jets where he held a clip board and watched his team go 6-10, never again having a chance to prove his worth on the field. Is he better then many of the back-up QB's in the NFL?  Look at the NFL rosters and you be the judge. I would rather have him then guys like Kellen Clemens, Stephen Morris, B.J. Daniels, Drew Stanton, Matt Barkley, Zac Dysert, Logan Thomas, Jerod Johnson, Dustin Vaughn, Austin Davis and many others.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Usually, a team is looking to move up for a quarterback, so it would likely require someone to fall in love with someone such as Carson Wentz or Jared Goff for them to complete a deal.

http://nfltraderumors.co/multiple-teams-spoken-chargers-no-3-overall-pick/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Usually, a team is looking to move up for a quarterback, so it would likely require someone to fall in love with someone such as Carson Wentz or Jared Goff for them to complete a deal.

http://nfltraderumors.co/multiple-teams-spoken-chargers-no-3-overall-pick/

This is a nice thought, for us tampa fans, but what is the likelyhood they trade that pick for a qb hungry team, or, just go qb themselves (rivers aint getting any younger)?For as i can tell, there are only a few teams really looking at qb in any fashion. Chargers, dallas, and cleveland will all do something about it. This draft, or next.Which, for tampa, is a good thing.Mayock has lost it if he actually believes these qbs are AS GOOD as mariota or winston, but, he does have a point. Nearing draft day, their stock will rise, and eventually, they might be picked in the top ten just based on hype.It's not the same as saying they're AS GOOD though. Thats a stretch.I'd say they DO get drafted in the top ten, at least hopefully they do, but I'm not going to suggest they are on either mariotas or winstons levels. They arent, as far as ive seen (admittedly small doses). I don't believe you have to draft an elite qb to become successful, but it does have to be the RIGHT qb. These two, for whatever reason, may grade out high on their boards, and that's wonderful news for us buc fans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tim Tebow? All Tebow does is wins football games. State championship in High School, Two National championships in College, a divisional championship in the NFL. Kyle Orton was 0-4 at Denver before Tebow rallied the team to win the division. Tebow has 9 wins in 16 starts, 7 or those were game winning drives. He has won a playoff game which is one more then many other starting QB's. Tebow was traded to the Jets where he held a clip board and watched his team go 6-10, never again having a chance to prove his worth on the field. Is he better then many of the back-up QB's in the NFL?  Look at the NFL rosters and you be the judge. I would rather have him then guys like Kellen Clemens, Stephen Morris, B.J. Daniels, Drew Stanton, Matt Barkley, Zac Dysert, Logan Thomas, Jerod Johnson, Dustin Vaughn, Austin Davis and many others.

I'll just leave this here...http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/tebow-terrible-jets-mates-rip-qb-article-1.1201722

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Injuries can only be seen in hindsight, though some players have a playing style or physical build that might precipitate those injuries.  Vince Young's inability to learn an offense insured his decline.  His Wonderlic and the simplistic offense Texas was forced to cater him with were solid indicators of that.

The seeds of decay are written in every man's character.As we all agree there is no guarantee that Winston succeeds.  It is not a sure thing.  If he fails, we'll find reasons for why it was inevitable.  His off-field issues, his immaturity, his college success not translating, his struggle with NFL defences. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think it's about clicks with Mayock - this is a guy who I'm sure has been pushed to do twitter for years by his bosses and basically has refused (he's on it now, but barely). I think it's much more simple - QBs are hard to evaluate. Just because Mayock is an educated tape-watcher doesn't make it any easier. I like Mayock quite a bit and his legacy is important. Kiper created an army of draftniks, but Mayock played a big role in educating a new group of them on the intricacies of film.

Straight forward: Sorry, this is naive.  Mayock is a company man.  No Twitter? Fine.  That's not his deal anyways, his deal is to sit with Rich Eisen and talk about guys in spandex for 30 hours in 4 days, then sit with Rich Eisen a month later and talk about the same guys, now suits instead of spandex, for 30 hours in 4 days and reassure the general public that their team is getting better.A comment like this has zero impact on his legacy.  It's completely risk free throw away that has nothing but a positive impact on the NFL's bottom line- nobody's going to call this comment up in 5 years to prove him wrong.  And if they do, so what, "QBs are hard to evaluate.".  The only tangible outcome from a comment is increased interest in the draft.  It's a perfect move for the NFL.  Mayocks "legacy" is already so well established that it is now a tool for the NFL, and they'd be stupid not to use it.  There's no devious scheme here either, it's a plain and simple harmless tactic to drum up interest where, currently, there is none. Yes, "evaluating QBs is hard", but don't get wrapped up in Mayock's safety net and miss the real purpose of a comment like this.

Please wait…

• jggators

Participant

The seeds of decay are written in every man's character.As we all agree there is no guarantee that Winston succeeds.  It is not a sure thing.  If he fails, we'll find reasons for why it was inevitable.  His off-field issues, his immaturity, his college success not translating, his struggle with NFL defences.

mariota will be the bust, not jameis.. running qbs with zero pocket presence dont last long

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mayock had Gabbert over Cam.Didn't he also prefer Mariota over Winston?Mark Barron had an all-pro floor and GOAT ceiling?Legacy? What legacy?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mayock had Gabbert over Cam.Didn't he also prefer Mariota over Winston?Mark Barron had an all-pro floor and GOAT ceiling?Legacy? What legacy?

That's exactly it.  His legacy is so strong that it's impervious to even comments like those

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

Anybody that wonders why we have the Ryan Tannehills and Sam Bradford of the world while RGIII is looked at as poison, look no further than the line of reasoning exhibited by this poster.And I told you there would be posters like this after Winston was drafted because there were posters like this after Newton was drafted by the Panthers in 2011. Constantly acting as though what Winston has accomplished is not that big of a deal and constantly questioning whether Winston has proven anything other than being a mediocre QB in the NFL.If you go right now on the Titans' message board you cannot find a poster who doesn't think that Marcus Mariota is not a franchise QB. If you go on places like Reddit you will find a vast majority of the poster believe that Marcus Mariota is destined to become a top 3 QB in the NFL in the future. And certainly no one thinks or as mentioned Marcus regressing.Yet you have posters like the above comparing Winston to busts and saying that Winston's rookie campaign is really not that impressive if you strip away the rookie label...This is despite the fact that Winston had a better rookie season than Marcus.Ladies and Gentlemen this is nothing new. There was this constant presence on Panther's board about Newton's rookie season really not being that good and that he was destined to regress and be out of the league in 3 seasons tops.So when you wonder why a Kaepernick can go from a Superbowl to people actually thinking Gabbert is a better QB than him. The above poster's line of reasoning is why.When you are constantly looking for avenues to diminish a QB that you never cared for in the beginning yet look for excuses for the QB that you have always liked for the get go...You get a NFL where Brock O. is viewed as a 35 million dollar guaranteed QB after 7 mediocre starts, and Tyrod Taylor is one bad pass from permanently being benched. Where Jay Cutler is viewed a as a 100 million dollar franchise QB while Russell Wilson is viewed as nothing more than a minor part of the Seahawks success. Where Matt Stafford is viewed as a top 10 QB stuck on a terrible Lions organization, but Cam Newton is viewed as barely a starter being carried by his awesome defense.In 3 or 4 years when people are asking how is it that Winston is not worthy of a franchise QB contract yet has taken his team to the playoffs repeatedly, set NFL and franchise records, leads one of the best offenses in the NFL, and has been the pillar of class in the community...meanwhile, the Titans are about to make Marcus Mariota a 250 million QB for accomplishing about as much as RGIII has to this point...Please remember posts like the above.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anybody that wonders why we have the Ryan Tannehills and Sam Bradford of the world while RGIII is looked at as poison, look no further than the line of reasoning exhibited by this poster.And I told you there would be posters like this after Winston was drafted because there were posters like this after Newton was drafted by the Panthers in 2011. Constantly acting as though what Winston has accomplished is not that big of a deal and constantly questioning whether Winston has proven anything other than being a mediocre QB in the NFL.If you go right now on the Titans' message board you cannot find a poster who doesn't think that Marcus Mariota is not a franchise QB. If you go on places like Reddit you will find a vast majority of the poster believe that Marcus Mariota is destined to become a top 3 QB in the NFL in the future. And certainly no one thinks or as mentioned Marcus regressing.Yet you have posters like the above comparing Winston to busts and saying that Winston's rookie campaign is really not that impressive if you strip away the rookie label...This is despite the fact that Winston had a better rookie season than Marcus.Ladies and Gentlemen this is nothing new. There was this constant presence on Panther's board about Newton's rookie season really not being that good and that he was destined to regress and be out of the league in 3 seasons tops.So when you wonder why a Kaepernick can go from a Superbowl to people actually thinking Gabbert is a better QB than him. The above poster's line of reasoning is why.When you are constantly looking for avenues to diminish a QB that you never cared for in the beginning yet look for excuses for the QB that you have always liked for the get go...You get a NFL where Brock O. is viewed as a 35 million dollar guaranteed QB after 7 mediocre starts, and Tyrod Taylor is one bad pass from permanently being benched. Where Jay Cutler is viewed a as a 100 million dollar franchise QB while Russell Wilson is viewed as nothing more than a minor part of the Seahawks success. Where Matt Stafford is viewed as a top 10 QB stuck on a terrible Lions organization, but Cam Newton is viewed as barely a starter being carried by his awesome defense.In 3 or 4 years when people are asking how is it that Winston is not worthy of a franchise QB contract yet has taken his team to the playoffs repeatedly, set NFL and franchise records, leads one of the best offenses in the NFL, and has been the pillar of class in the community...meanwhile, the Titans are about to make Marcus Mariota a 250 million QB for accomplishing about as much as RGIII has to this point...Please remember posts like the above.

Serious question...were you crying as you typed this?

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Ha! Great stuff Donkey!If Marcus is about to be a $250 million QB , then I'd say it will be around 2030 before the Titan ever really compete again.  Dude is going to plain suck out loud. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is 7up trying to say?  That’s Bucs fans aren’t good fans?  That titans fans are good fans?  That elway is an idiot?  That the bills are idiots?  That the Seahawks don’t value Russ?  That licht is an idiot?

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

What is 7up trying to say?  That's Bucs fans aren't good fans?  That titans fans are good fans?  That elway is an idiot?  That the bills are idiots?  That the Seahawks don't value Russ?  That licht is an idiot?

The message is that posters, such as the one that I quoted, who constantly try to diminish Winston and imply that next season Winston is prime to not progress or regress is nothing new. The same nonsense happened with Cam Newton: there were (and continues to be) a large amount of Panthers "fans" that question whether or not Newton is a franchise QB.You only find these type of negative "fans" on Panthers, 49ers, Bucs, Bills, Seahawks, and Vikings boards. When the Vince Young was the QB of the Titans the same nonsense happened on their board. So no, the Titans do not have "good" fans. Titans fans would be just as "bad" as Bucs fans now if they had Winston, and Bucs fans would be just as "good" if Marcus played in Tampa.For example, when Winston threw five touchdowns against the Eagles, there were posters on this board still complaining about Winston's play and how he should have thrown for 6. You would never find a poster like that on the Raiders or Titans or Dolphins or Eagles board.Basically, the point is what Donovan McNabb said a decade ago about black QBs playing for majority non-black fan base. Black QBs can literally go out and throw for 320 yards and 3 tds and a win...and their fan base would literally ask why he didn't throw for 400 yards and 5 tds along with the win.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What is 7up trying to say?  That's Bucs fans aren't good fans?  That titans fans are good fans?  That elway is an idiot?  That the bills are idiots?  That the Seahawks don't value Russ?  That licht is an idiot?

That JEWSPN, all 32 NFL franchises, and the fans of the aforementioned franchises are engaged in a massive unilateral conspiracy against the black quarterback.  How many times, and under how many screen names, does he have to explain it? 

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

That JEWSPN, all 32 NFL franchises, and the fans of the aforementioned franchises are engaged in a massive unilateral conspiracy against the black quarterback.  How many times, and under how many screen names, does he have to explain it?

Conspiracy implies an intentional meeting of minds. No, no conspiracy. Instead, ingrained racial bias. For example, the difference between Teddy Bridgewater and Blake Bortles is that Bridgewater had to PROVE that he is capable of being a QB in the NFL. The ASSUMPTION is that Bridgewater is not capable of being a QB and therefore he has to prove and prove it consistently that yes he is a NFL QB.For Bortles, it is just the opposite. He has to prove that he is NOT a NFL QB. The assumption is that Bortles is an NFL QB and instead he would need to prove over and over again that he is not a NFL QB before his team is willing to move on from him.This is the reason why Kirk Cousins was given exceedingly more deference and rope than RGIII despite the fact that Cousins was setting NFL records for INTs in the fewest attempts. Cousins came into the league with the PRESUMPTION that he was an NFL QB. A luxury, despite being far more accomplished and talented, than RGIII got.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For example, when Winston threw five touchdowns against the Eagles, there were posters on this board still complaining about Winston's play and how he should have thrown for 6. You would never find a poster like that on the Raiders or Titans or Dolphins or Eagles board.

he should have thrown for 6.You don't think eagles fans are up in arms over Bradford?  That Dolphins fans are unsure about tannehill?  Open your eyes.  You are just making up BS in order to push your racial agenda.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ding, ding, ding!We have a winner!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cousins came into the league with the PRESUMPTION that he was an NFL QB. A luxury, despite being far more accomplished and talented, than RGIII got.

They gave up 3 firsts and a second for a guy they presumed couldn't play QB?  And waited until the 4th round of the same draft to get their guy?  This ingrained racial bias is confusing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For example, the difference between Teddy Bridgewater and Blake Bortles is that Bridgewater had to PROVE that he is capable of being a QB in the NFL. The ASSUMPTION is that Bridgewater is not capable of being a QB and therefore he has to prove and prove it consistently that yes he is a NFL QB.For Bortles, it is just the opposite. He has to prove that he is NOT a NFL QB. The assumption is that Bortles is an NFL QB and instead he would need to prove over and over again that he is not a NFL QB before his team is willing to move on from him.This is the reason why Kirk Cousins was given exceedingly more deference and rope than RGIII despite the fact that Cousins was setting NFL records for INTs in the fewest attempts. Cousins came into the league with the PRESUMPTION that he was an NFL QB. A luxury, despite being far more accomplished and talented, than RGIII got.

you examples are crapola.  What’s all this prove for vs prove against with bridgewater and bortles?  You are just making stuff up.  The only thing that bridgewater has to prove is that he’s not a toothpick and he can throw in the wind.  Those were valid questions considering his size and his proday.Cousins came into the league as a 4th rounder - rg3 came into the league with a team giving up the farm for him.  What kind of BS are you spewing?  The reason that cousins has succeeded so far and rg3 has failed is leadership and work ethic.  Nothing racial at all - leadership and work ethic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Basically, the point is what Donovan McNabb said a decade ago about black QBs playing for majority non-black fan base. Black QBs can literally go out and throw for 320 yards and 3 tds and a win...and their fan base would literally ask why he didn't throw for 400 yards and 5 tds along with the win.

And Mariota doesn't receive criticism from Titans fans because of the enormous Samoan population of Nashville, Tennessee.  Got it.  This racial bias thing has layers.  I can't see the whole picture yet, but I'm beginning to understand.

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

Basically, the point is what Donovan McNabb said a decade ago about black QBs playing for majority non-black fan base. Black QBs can literally go out and throw for 320 yards and 3 tds and a win...and their fan base would literally ask why he didn't throw for 400 yards and 5 tds along with the win.

And Mariota doesn't receive criticism from Titans fans because of the enormous Samoan population of Nashville, Tennessee.  Got it.  This racial bias thing has layers.  I can't see the whole picture yet, but I'm beginning to understand.

Haha good work on this post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give sevenup3000 a break. He's still trying to get over the Super Bowl. Clearly the NFL rigged this for Denver as part of their master plan in keeping the Black QB down.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Neither of these QBs will be taken in the first 10 picks.  That's how good they are. Nice job Mayock.  What a complete doooooooooche!

You going to bet on that like you did with Glennon starting 10lbAmericasRodBassyToastQuarterbackJones?

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Ha! Great stuff Donkey!If Marcus is about to be a $250 million QB , then I'd say it will be around 2030 before the Titan ever really compete again.  Dude is going to plain suck out loud just like me!

Oooo really? You don't say!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Black QBs can literally go out and throw for 320 yards and 3 tds and a win...and their fan base would literally ask why he didn't throw for 400 yards and 5 tds along with the win.

Are you literally sure about that?

Please wait…

• DanTurksGhost

Participant

Most draft experts like Mayock look at game film and evaluate what’s on tape.  We are watching decision making, footwork and arm strength.  Never does the tone of their skin come into play. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Give sevenup3000 a break. He's still trying to get over the Super Bowl. Clearly the NFL rigged this for Denver as part of their master plan in keeping the Black QB down.

Now, you and I both know that Philly fans are known for being a perfectly friendly lot.  Ask Santa Clause.  If they were being belligerent it must be because their QB is Black.And have you seen the demographics of Washington DC?  It's only 49% African American.  That's not even 50%.  How is a black quarterback supposed to be accepted when 35% of the city is a bunch of white people?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Neither of these QBs will be taken in the first 10 picks.

This guy knows his stuff.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

Neither of these QBs will be taken in the first 10 picks..............by franchises that have any idea what they are doing.

And when you see the franchises that did it, you realize, some organizations will never get out of their own way.  There is a reason Philly is ringless.  There is a reason Fisher is still the coach for the Rams yet never goes to the playoffs.  Both will follow Mariota to mediocrity and beyond. 

Please wait…

• rpratto

Participant

Neither of these QBs will be taken in the first 10 picks..............by franchises that have any idea what they are doing.

And when you see the franchises that did it, you realize, some organizations will never get out of their own way.  There is a reason Philly is ringless.  There is a reason Fisher is still the coach for the Rams yet never goes to the playoffs.  Both will follow Mariota to mediocrity and beyond.

So you were half right.  Now man up and take your lumps for being half wrong.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That wasn't his original quote. He added that to cushion the fail.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

That wasn't his original quote. He added that to cushion the fail.

Oh it was original alright.  No dumber than Mayock, a douche in the wind that gets paid to analyze saying that they are better than Winston, a QB that despite being cuffed by a nancy head coach, almost set a rookie record for yardage.

Please wait…

Viewing 72 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.