Viewing 75 reply threads

• Author

• VA_Buc30

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000422500/article/mccown-could-reclaim-bucs-qb-job-from-glennonSeasons change, but coach Lovie Smith's quarterback dilemmas endure.After stating last week that the plan did not include changing quarterbacks, Smith said Monday he will evaluate both Mike Glennon and Josh McCown in practice before making a decision on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Week 10 starter."The turnovers really hurt us," Smith said, via the Tampa Bay Times. "We need to play better at the quarterback position. I think that kind of goes without saying a little bit. We didn't enough points on the board, even with some production that we got."Smith also revealed that he considered yanking Glennon in Sunday's loss to the Browns but opted instead to see if his quarterback could pull himself out of a funk."It was a day to really do some things in the passing game," Smith said after the game, suggesting he expected more against a Cleveland defense ranked 29th in the league.Smith characterized the situation as "always week to week," which isn't much different than the status of his quarterback room for the majority of his nine-year stint with the Bears.He won't decide until late this week whether it will be Glennon or McCown under center versus the Falcons on Sunday.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is no doubt McCown could win a few games.  Would you pay your hard-earned money to go see it? All dressed up and nowhere to go. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Said before, there is absolutely no reason to go back to McCown, zero. He should be off this team after the season. To say McCown is playing b/c he turned the ball over twice is a laughable when McCown has turned the ball over more and got much less out of the passing game since being here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would be the death knell for all the Mariota vs Winston crap, tho’…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Said before, there is absolutely no reason to go back to McCown, zero. He should be off this team after the season.

Totally disagree.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McClown would fuck around and win us a game. We don’t need that nonsense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you gotta stick with WAR GIRAFFE– just to make sure he is/isn’t the Future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000422500/article/mccown-could-reclaim-bucs-qb-job-from-glennonSeasons change, but coach Lovie Smith's quarterback dilemmas endure.After stating last week that the plan did not include changing quarterbacks, Smith said Monday he will evaluate both Mike Glennon and Josh McCown in practice before making a decision on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' Week 10 starter."The turnovers really hurt us," Smith said, via the Tampa Bay Times. "We need to play better at the quarterback position. I think that kind of goes without saying a little bit. We didn't enough points on the board, even with some production that we got."Smith also revealed that he considered yanking Glennon in Sunday's loss to the Browns but opted instead to see if his quarterback could pull himself out of a funk."It was a day to really do some things in the passing game," Smith said after the game, suggesting he expected more against a Cleveland defense ranked 29th in the league.Smith characterized the situation as "always week to week," which isn't much different than the status of his quarterback room for the majority of his nine-year stint with the Bears.He won't decide until late this week whether it will be Glennon or McCown under center versus the Falcons on Sunday.

This would be an unfortunate decision. Glennon has only started five games under this new offense and Lovie is ready to pull the plug? Yes Glennon has regressed but he needs to chance to get out of the hole he's dug for himself. Moving back to McCown would do nothing for the future of this team except perhaps bring temporary happiness to the veterans on the team who care about winning now. Yes McCoy is unhappy about not winning, we get that,  but McCown is not the future of this organization and we know what he offers. Glennon has much left to show regarding whether he is closer to his peak performances or bottomed out performances.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You don’t pull Glennon at this point. You play him out and let him decide whether or not this team needs a QB. You don’t play McCown then keep wondering about Glennon and a full season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who cares?  They both suck!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

9-7

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Said before, there is absolutely no reason to go back to McCown, zero.

I used to feel the same but have decided that if the plan is to move Glennon in the offseason, there's no point in continuing to play him and let him kill whatever trade value he has left.

Please wait…

• gthrun

Participant

Start Kafka!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why plan to move Glennon tho?  He would be the best back up QB in the league. Unless someone blows your doors off with an offer,  I would keep him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we drafted Mariota or Winston, I think it would be a good idea to keep McCown around for another year. He seems like a pretty good mentor and could help the young guys learn. Personally, I would trade Glennon for anything I could get this offseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anything to keep the Mariota/Winston train alive.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The thing I like about Mariota scoring so many points is you can tell he has that killer instinct to put teams away. He’s always looking to score up by 7 or up by 30 and he’s not turnover prone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why plan to move Glennon tho?  He would be the best back up QB in the league. Unless someone blows your doors off with an offer,  I would keep him.

Glennon is of no use to our young QB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A reliable back up in case of injury or incarceration is always of use.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This team has zero reliable backup QBs currently on its roster...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thankfully, both are terrible and will lose us plenty of games so it doesn’t really matter.I'd rather McCown start, though, just for the lulz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon wouldn't be a reliable back up? Come on now. He's just not a starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since he has filled in for the injured McCown, what has Glennon done to make you feel like he is a reliable backup?The Bucs QB situation is an embarrassment...neither one deserves the privilege of being an NFL backup QB, except that McCown may have to tutor our new rookie QB next season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It doesnt really matter who starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

WAR GIRAFFEWe Got This.karate chop to Adrian Petersen's nutsack!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since he has filled in for the injured McCown, what has Glennon done to make you feel like he is a reliable backup?The Bucs QB situation is an embarrassment...neither one deserves the privilege of being an NFL backup QB, except that McCown may have to tutor our new rookie QB next season.

ok tell me... who's a good back up in the league right now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark Sanchez ? Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mark Sanchez ? Lol

Lol apparently he's a good one now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to let Glennon have the rest of the year to see what we have in him.  Lovie knows this.  His comments were most likely trying to light a fire under Glennon’s butt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m sorry, but do people remember how awful McCown was or no?If we're done with Glennon, might as well let Kafka get a shot. If McCown plays, I won't be watching.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This hurts like heck, I feels like this season is almost over — and I guess it functionally is– but there is a half season of football for Glennon to have a chance to grow and progress. You don’t pull the plug on that no matter where Glennon sits right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has made his own problem at qb. He had manziel, teddy, and carr sitting right in front of him. Did nothing.Wtf was lovie thinking? What..my buddy will have my back? Welcome to the real world lovie.. Doesn't matter if dan marino was your bff, if he's old..what's the point? He'll either get injured (which happened), or time will just run out on him before he can actually get acquainted with the newer offense/system.It was stupid, and all lovie's fault. As we watch manziel, teddy and carr, we can all think "what if" yet again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has made his own problem at qb. He had manziel, teddy, and carr sitting right in front of him. Did nothing.Wtf was lovie thinking? What..my buddy will have my back? Welcome to the real world lovie.. Doesn't matter if dan marino was your bff, if he's old..what's the point? He'll either get injured (which happened), or time will just run out on him before he can actually get acquainted with the newer offense/system.It was stupid, and all lovie's fault. As we watch manziel, teddy and carr, we can all think "what if" yet again.

Other than “look really really really good” while putting up mediocre numbers and losing every game he’s played, what in the hell has Carr done?Now, Teddy and Johnny sting. Especially Teddy. Would've given up a pick and VJAX to get back in. Him and Evans couldve been special.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other than "look really really really good" while putting up mediocre numbers and losing every game he's played, what in the hell has Carr done?Now, Teddy and Johnny sting. Especially Teddy. Would've given up a pick and VJAX to get back in. Him and Evans couldve been special.

What has Johnny done exactly?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you and a few others on here would shi+ green if the Bucs keep Glennon next year and went offensive line with the Rd 1 pick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you and a few others on here would shi+ green if the Bucs keep Glennon next year and went offensive line with the Rd 1 pick.

I know I would.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith was asked if he still has confidence in Glennon…

"Yes, I do," Smith said. "Mike didn't play well yesterday. He has played well during this stretch of starts that he's had. You have to look at the body of work. It's always about now. Yesterday, he didn't get off to a great start, but that hasn't been the case. Mike has made all the throws, made great decisions. So, yes, I still have confidence in him. He just didn't play well yesterday."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Other than "look really really really good" while putting up mediocre numbers and losing every game he's played, what in the hell has Carr done?Now, Teddy and Johnny sting. Especially Teddy. Would've given up a pick and VJAX to get back in. Him and Evans couldve been special.

What has Johnny done exactly?

Nothing. Not saying he world or wouldn't either.Just saying, it would be a lot less boring than watching glennon or mccown lose. If we would have lost anyway, we could at least blame it on the learning curve. This is just suck, by sucky players.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Smith was asked if he still has confidence in Glennon...

"Yes, I do," Smith said. "Mike didn't play well yesterday. He has played well during this stretch of starts that he's had. You have to look at the body of work. It's always about now. Yesterday, he didn't get off to a great start, but that hasn't been the case. Mike has made all the throws, made great decisions. So, yes, I still have confidence in him. He just didn't play well yesterday."

Like I said in the other thread......Lovie will decide on the QB next season. Think about it long and hard. Might need some lube for a few on here.  ;)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

what exactly would you rely on Glennon for?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a back up who wouldn't completely shlt the bed if our starter can't play for some reason. Which backup QB in the league is better than Glennon?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since he has filled in for the injured McCown, what has Glennon done to make you feel like he is a reliable backup?

Exactly. I can come in and overthrow, underthrow, run outta bounds short of the marker and lose. What do we need him for?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We need to let Glennon have the rest of the year to see what we have in him.

You still have questions?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Name a back up thats better? He would be top 3 I think.I dont think Glennon is our franchise guy but lets not act like he's completely useless either. He would be a great back up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Since he has filled in for the injured McCown, what has Glennon done to make you feel like he is a reliable backup?

Exactly. I can come in and overthrow, underthrow, run outta bounds short of the marker and lose. What do we need him for?

Damn dude......Glennon must have cornholed your woman.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You type as if you've never sh*t green.Furthermore, there is no way in hell the Glazers go with Glennon as QB, not if they plan on selling any tickets next season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Atlanta defense is giving up over 400 yds per game, worst in the league. I am long past the point of caring who is steering the titanic, but if Glennon starts and the offense hasn’t gotten it done, I would not be surprised at all if he got yanked at halftime.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It didn't cost the Vikings much to trade into the spot to draft Bridgewater. They sent the Seahawks their second round pick (No. 40 overall) and fourth round pick (No. 108) so they could draft Teddy.More on topic, I think the Bucs are more dangerous with Glennon as the QB, and I don't have fond memories of McCown. There's not much of a future here for McCown--he'll never be QBing the Bucs to a playoff spot. Perhaps the statement by Lovie is motivational. Perhaps he has given up on Glennon. I believe the former is the better guess.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Name a back up thats better? He would be top 3 I think.I dont think Glennon is our franchise guy but lets not act like he's completely useless either. He would be a great back up.

Obviously they can't name any. You win .It's nice to see that although you don't want Glennon as our starter , you aren't blinded by hate like some.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm sorry, but do people remember how awful McCown was or no?If we're done with Glennon, might as well let Kafka get a shot. If McCown plays, I won't be watching.

McCown was horrible. Those of you who want the highest possible draft pick should be for this move, not against it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This hurts like heck, I feels like this season is almost over -- and I guess it functionally is-- but there is a half season of football for Glennon to have a chance to grow and progress. You don't pull the plug on that no matter where Glennon sits right now.

Now he can grow and progess ??You've already stated , many times , that when you read between the lines on Glennon's metrics it proves he is simply not that good , so your comment that we need to keep playing him makes no sense.You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.If you are correct , which I'm starting to believe you were , then it doesn't matter if we pull the plug . He is what he is . If anything we can keep him healthy and with some confidence still intact , because he can be a valuable backup down the road. Let McClown take the beatings for a while.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

a back up who wouldn't completely shlt the bed if our starter can't play for some reason. Which backup QB in the league is better than Glennon?

I can think of 2:Drew Stanton - going 2-1 (500+ yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs) while in relief for PalmerKyle Orton - going 3-1  (1100+ yards, 9 TDs, 3 INTs) since taking over for EJ   

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So even if we give you those debateable two , Glennon still top 3. Youngone is right.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So even if we give you those debateable two , Glennon still top 3. Youngone is right.

I didn't see the post about "Top3" just who was a better backup.  And I'd take Drew and Orton over Glennon.  They are exactly what you want in a backup.  They rarely turn the ball over and always gave the team a chance to win.  If Cardinals didn't have Drew, they could easily be 4-3 instead of 7-1 right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can think of 2:Drew Stanton - going 2-1 (500+ yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs) while in relief for PalmerKyle Orton - going 3-1  (1100+ yards, 9 TDs, 3 INTs) since taking over for EJ 

those two also have the benefit of having outstanding defenses to carry them along as well. the supporting cast in Tampa is not as good as either of those teams

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think Glennon would be a solid backup, but if we are drafting a rookie I’m not really sure he’s what you want as a mentor type.  If you could get a pick for Glennon and sign an Orton type off the street then I would guess you come out ahead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is going to sit Glennon and McCown is going to come back in and light it up . . what then?lol

Please wait…

• GARCIAFAN

Participant

One can only imagine the gales of laughter as 140lb Thkipper comes out onto the field in a jersey three times too big.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie is going to sit Glennon and McCown is going to come back in and light it up . . what then?lol

That's just a reset back to March/May time frame, where his plan was to start McCown and sit Glennon to groom as the QB of the future...  That thumb thing was just a diversion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are picking high in the draft, is there any doubt we take a QB?  I can’t see a situation where we would not.  To me, it is important that the team tries as hard as they can to turn it around.  That is how you evaluate the roster for who stays and goes next year at every other position.  I would have put McCown in at the half last week vs. the Vikings.  I think expectations has played a role in how everyone has viewed Glennon and McCown.  Everyone expected McCown to play lights out like with the Bears and when he struggled early, everyone thought he was garbage.  Glennon comes in, plays well versus the Steelers and Saints, but has been pretty terrible in every other game.  No way to say he didn’t hurt us yesterday…underthrew what would have been a TD but instead turned into an INT, threw a red zone INT on a bad overthrow, and failed to pick up a few first downs with his legs that McCown easily would have got.  You play to win the game…so I hope Lovie puts McCown in.And if you draft a QB, you clearly want McCown to be the mentor and backup.  Glennon might be trade bate for a late round pick, but think, after all the hype he has gotten for years, Ryan Mallett only netted a 7th rounder.  Glennon has a better resume, but I doubt you can get more than a 4th rounder for him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

who is the best free agent DE available next year? actually available, not some guy who will just re-sign with his team?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are picking high in the draft, is there any doubt we take a QB?  I can't see a situation where we would not. 

What if we pick #3 and Mariota and Winston go first and second?  Do we take the third best QB or do we go with the best OT, DE, LB, or whatever?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are picking high in the draft, is there any doubt we take a QB?  I can't see a situation where we would not. 

What if we pick #3 and Mariota and Winston go first and second?  Do we take the third best QB or do we go with the best OT, DE, LB, or whatever?

Hell no. Then you take the best Lineman available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hell no. Then you take the best Lineman available.

They'll do that, regardless...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think we go get one of them!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You trade down 5-8 picks and get extra picks. You need the shotgun approach for the Buc's. Get as many picks as you can knowing there's going to be a lot of misses to get a few hits.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If we are picking high in the draft, is there any doubt we take a QB?  I can't see a situation where we would not.  To me, it is important that the team tries as hard as they can to turn it around.  That is how you evaluate the roster for who stays and goes next year at every other position.  I would have put McCown in at the half last week vs. the Vikings.  I think expectations has played a role in how everyone has viewed Glennon and McCown.  Everyone expected McCown to play lights out like with the Bears and when he struggled early, everyone thought he was garbage.  Glennon comes in, plays well versus the Steelers and Saints, but has been pretty terrible in every other game.  No way to say he didn't hurt us yesterday...underthrew what would have been a TD but instead turned into an INT, threw a red zone INT on a bad overthrow, and failed to pick up a few first downs with his legs that McCown easily would have got.  You play to win the game...so I hope Lovie puts McCown in.And if you draft a QB, you clearly want McCown to be the mentor and backup.  Glennon might be trade bate for a late round pick, but think, after all the hype he has gotten for years, Ryan Mallett only netted a 7th rounder.  Glennon has a better resume, but I doubt you can get more than a 4th rounder for him.

Ryan Mallett was hyped by armchair internet GMs. He threw for 4 passes in his career and completed one. He looked completely average in preseason games against #2s, and did not show consistent improvement throughout the years. There's no surprise at all that he went for a 7th round pick. Glennon has 29 TDs and 15 INTs in 18 games started. He's not going for only a 4th. Starting level QBs that are young will go for a 2nd.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you gotta stick with WAR GIRAFFE-- just to make sure he is/isn't the Future.

i think anybody with half a clue as to what they’re watching can see Glennon is not the future. Pretty freakin obvious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you gotta stick with WAR GIRAFFE-- just to make sure he is/isn't the Future.

i think anybody with half a clue as to what they're watching can see Glennon is not the future. Pretty freakin obvious.

They may try to calm he is if McClown pushes us to pick 4th or 5th.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would keep Glennon in so we can keep losing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

this would be my choice.....however i'm happy they've turned the page from Glennon. He's horrible. At least now we know a QB acquisition is in our future and that pleases me.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

this would be my choice.....however i'm happy they've turned the page from Glennon. He's horrible. At least now we know a QB acquisition is in our future and that pleases me.

Almost the worst thing that can happen now is for us to start winning games.  We need to grab a QB quickly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Almost the worst thing that can happen now is for us to start winning games.  We need to grab a QB quickly.

winning is the worst....which is why keeping Glennon in would be my preference. We don't need a QB that's gonna start displaying heart and sh*t.

Please wait…

• Marcia

Participant

winning is the worst....which is why keeping Glennon in would be my preference. We don't need a QB that's gonna start displaying heart and sh*t.

We certainly dont have anything to worry about with McCown regarding winning.  He's had 21 years in the league to prove himself and everyone, including his mother, is still waiting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We certainly dont have anything to worry about with McCown regarding winning.  He's had 21 years in the league to prove himself and everyone, including his mother, is still waiting.

Don't ruin Skippy's chance to take another shot at Glennon with rational thought  !

Please wait…

Viewing 75 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.