Wednesday, October 23, 2019

McCoy and David’s reactions say it all

This topic contains 20 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Jan. 7, 2016 at 4:29 pm.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

wolfet
    Participant

McCoy has said ” I don’t know what is going on?” And David “this is stupid” responses to Lovie’s firing says it all.  Makes me think what were the expectations and where was the sense of urgency to improve?  I think the answer is that slow and steady Lovie did not set a high enough bar.  How can gmc and David think that the Defenses performance is remotely good enough?  If they are completely surprised it tells me they need a reality check.  Ultimately, I think the defenses regression was a factor in his firing.I think DK will be a great dose of reality for the entire team.Anyone else think the defenses lack of progress was a big reason for letting him go?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

GMC and David cried when Schiano was fired too.  Big deal. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Hopefully the new HC will get a DC that doesn’t think GMC is untouchable…thenhis azz will be on the block and maybe the Bucs can get a boatload of picks for him.David has since deleted his tweets, by the way.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I think the answer is that slow and steady Lovie did not set a high enough bar.  How can gmc and David think that the Defenses performance is remotely good enough? 

Spot on.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

vlagatta

McCoy has said " I don't know what is going on?" And David "this is stupid" responses to Lovie's firing says it all.  Makes me think what were the expectations and where was the sense of urgency to improve?  I think the answer is that slow and steady Lovie did not set a high enough bar.  How can gmc and David think that the Defenses performance is remotely good enough?  If they are completely surprised it tells me they need a reality check.  Ultimately, I think the defenses regression was a factor in his firing.I think DK will be a great dose of reality for the entire team.Anyone else think the defenses lack of progress was a big reason for letting him go?

I give the credit where it's due.......and the glazer boys deserve major props for this one.a few thoughts:McCoy and David are feeling guilt.......and they should. they just don't understand that yet.Lovie is a poor man's Dungy.....they are good friends.....and men of God...and for that I like each of them very much.....but the glazers fired him for very obvious reasons....... lack of wins, lack of progress, and as much as many of you will not believe this..... lack of PASSION.lovie was the "players answer" when he got here......after schiano was tossed out for being "too mean".  so the glazers brought in a fan and player favorite...and we got what we deserved.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Yea all defensive guys are complaining, but the lone offensive guy that I see said something about it on twitter says “Dirk has been the man since he walked in the door” – Brandon Meyers. All coming after Winston questioned the commitment of some of the players too. I wonder if there is some dissension among the team.Theyre all complaining like "how we supposed to get better when we cant keep a coach for more then 2 years." what a cop-out excuse. Sorry Lavonte, Gerald, and the other guys who saying that sort of stuff... you guys suck at defensive and we can either blame the players or the system. Shouldnt take 3 years for professional NFL players to learn how to play zone. Looks like Koetter taught his players how to play inside of one year, and Winston knew the whole playbook inside of a few months.Not only that (sorry, ranting now), but they went from heavily penalized team, to the most penalized team. Thats a trend down. Why should anyone wait for year 3? year 1 its bad, year 2 its worse, but man if we only waited till the mythical year 3 we would have been the most disciplined football team in the NFL.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Joe Thomas expressed similar frustration over rumors that Pettine would be fired.  I think these guys know that firing your coach every few years rarely results in instant, sustainable success.  Hopefully it will be a good move for the Bucs, but hard to criticize players for that reaction.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

McCoy has said " I don't know what is going on?" And David "this is stupid" responses to Lovie's firing says it all.  Makes me think what were the expectations and where was the sense of urgency to improve?  I think the answer is that slow and steady Lovie did not set a high enough bar.  How can gmc and David think that the Defenses performance is remotely good enough?  If they are completely surprised it tells me they need a reality check.  Ultimately, I think the defenses regression was a factor in his firing.I think DK will be a great dose of reality for the entire team.Anyone else think the defenses lack of progress was a big reason for letting him go?

I give the credit where it's due.......and the glazer boys deserve major props for this one.a few thoughts:McCoy and David are feeling guilt.......and they should. they just don't understand that yet.Lovie is a poor man's Dungy.....they are good friends.....and men of God...and for that I like each of them very much.....but the glazers fired him for very obvious reasons....... lack of wins, lack of progress, and as much as many of you will not believe this..... lack of PASSION.lovie was the "players answer" when he got here......after schiano was tossed out for being "too mean".  so the glazers brought in a fan and player favorite...and we got what we deserved.

Completely agree!  I just did not see gmc develop much under Lovie not only with their play, but as leaders.  A rookie 4th round pick should not be the heart and soul of our defense or cause the defense to tank when he was out.  They need to step up. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

They’re afraid because they got their laid back players coach fired and they know what comes next… some hard assed toes on the line SOB.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I’ll quote myself from the other thread as this is quite relevant:

...our guys need to understand they don't have all the time in the world to get it right ... in football you got ten years if you're lucky.  McCoy has about 5 left, tops.  LVD has about 5 left.  Verner has about 5 left.  These guys need to understand that time is precious and they cannot afford to be patient.It's about doing what is necessary RIGHT NOW in the off-season to get ready to compete for a championship NEXT YEAR.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Yea, I’m not sure why they’re so surprised given how bad the defense was the past 2 years. Maybe they think it’s more on the players/talent than Lovie?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

It’s McCoy and David’s head coach. As much as Lovie may have not been the best coach, he was well respected, and his top two players on defense are not going to celebrate his firing publicly. Totally expected. I agree DK will be a great dose of reality. Only one that I think may need a check, IF the rumors are true, is McCoy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

They need a reality check

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Joe Thomas expressed similar frustration over rumors that Pettine would be fired.  I think these guys know that firing your coach every few years rarely results in instant, sustainable success.  Hopefully it will be a good move for the Bucs, but hard to criticize players for that reaction.

I agree, we should have kept Gruden.  However, I think wins and coach turnover are heavily correlated.  In 2014  many wanted mike Zimmer and look at the Vikings now, jay Gruden was a fan favorite and despite the RG 3 issue, they are in the playoffs, lastly BOB somehow has the texans in the playoffs without a QB.  Now that we have the right GM, a franchise QB, we just need the right coach.Other 2014 hires that are gone, wisenhut did no show much improvement.  Petine , browns are a mess but hard to succeed with their horrible GM, bet they go after a big name that gets to be HC/gm.  Caldwell, poor GM decisions but he is hanging on with less talent.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Fear of the unknown draws that reaction most times when the boss is fired. They’ll be fine.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.