Monday, October 21, 2019

McCoy and David’s reactions say it all

This topic contains 20 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous Jan. 7, 2016 at 4:29 pm.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author

tlclay74

I think they found out like the rest of us… and are probably more upset at the lack of consistency. I couldn’t imagine if my company kept changing leadership every other year. With every new person changing the whole philosophy and style in which we are to operate. Teaching you something different, changing the scheme, changing your teammates to fit the new scheme. Remember Lavonte and Gerald have both signed their deals. They signed those deals because they liked their fit in the defense and their roles on the team. Otherwise they could have bet on themselves and tested free agency. If a 3-4 guy comes in that will change everyone's role on the team (for better or for worse). I'm in the continuity brigade... Obviously we couldn't continue to be a sub .500 team for the sake of continuity... but the only thing that is becoming consistent around One Buc Place is the inconsistency from the Glazers. They keep handing out lucrative 5 year contracts to all types of coaches and cutting them 2 years in, whether it's an inexperienced coordinator, an inexperienced college coach, or an experienced NFL coach whom which the franchise had history with... to possibly another coordinator? I pray they get it right this time. This is becoming embarrassing from an organizational stand point. Not to mention firing your HC at 10pm over the phone on a Wednesday? Where's the decorum? Even if Lovie was a loser as a head coach, this is still a business and he is a more than respectful man... where's the respect? They could have called him in for a meeting at 6 or 7 am. Hopefully they have a plan in place... This is beginning to feel like a desperation move. Feels like the Glazers are still playing checkers.  :-

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I bought into the “Lovie gets one more year” company line – not out of the fact that he deserved it, but because I thought it was inevitable he would get it.  That said, I said after the Rams game that I couldn’t see how any coach could survive that embarrassment.  It is bad enough that the team got pistol whipped on prime time TV, and that Case Keenum – Case Freaking Keenum – went Tom Brady on the defense.  But, what I thought was unforgivable was the way the entire team completely lost its head and showed its A– on national TV.  It showed a complete lack of discipline, which is a principle failure with a young team where discipline is THE KEY ingredient to becoming a professional.  Add to the fact that nearly every key player has regressed under Lovie’s watch, and you are left with the inescapable fear that the good pieces won’t stay good, and the average pieces won’t be workable at all.  If I can see that, I promise you that GMC and Lavonte can see it, too.  They are being loyal to a player friendly coach, who I am sure they both respect, but they know better. Want to keep your coach . . . . play better football.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I'll quote myself from the other thread as this is quite relevant:

...our guys need to understand they don't have all the time in the world to get it right ... in football you got ten years if you're lucky.  McCoy has about 5 left, tops.  LVD has about 5 left.  Verner has about 5 left.  These guys need to understand that time is precious and they cannot afford to be patient.It's about doing what is necessary RIGHT NOW in the off-season to get ready to compete for a championship NEXT YEAR.

Sadly, it seems most of them are more prima donna than professional, have a sense of entitlement, and consider the game more an individual than team sport.  The sport, fan base, and media certainly promote this attitude among them. 

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

Surprise is fine.  Of course, they certainly need to get over it quickly.  But if the whole “Lovie was fired over the phone thing” is true, I can’t fault them for feeling a bit blindsided by it.  But yes, now that they’ve had at least a little bit of time to process things, it’s time to move on to “suck it up, buttercup” mode.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Marcia
    Participant

If you are so bent on keeping your head coach, please stop blowing 24 point leads to the redskins. The surprise factor from our players is feminine.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Anonymous

I bought into the "Lovie gets one more year" company line - not out of the fact that he deserved it, but because I thought it was inevitable he would get it.  That said, I said after the Rams game that I couldn't see how any coach could survive that embarrassment.  It is bad enough that the team got pistol whipped on prime time TV, and that Case Keenum - Case Freaking Keenum - went Tom Brady on the defense.  But, what I thought was unforgivable was the way the entire team completely lost its head and showed its A-- on national TV.  It showed a complete lack of discipline, which is a principle failure with a young team where discipline is THE KEY ingredient to becoming a professional.  Add to the fact that nearly every key player has regressed under Lovie's watch, and you are left with the inescapable fear that the good pieces won't stay good, and the average pieces won't be workable at all.  If I can see that, I promise you that GMC and Lavonte can see it, too.  They are being loyal to a player friendly coach, who I am sure they both respect, but they know better. Want to keep your coach . . . . play better football.

Well said.  I am sure the glazers were pissed about the Tennessee game this year, saw some progress mid-year and then were completely let down to end the season.  They could see winston scratch and claw to be better, but that was not as evident on defense.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.