Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• Mark Cook

Keymaster

Bucs star defensive tackle Gerald McCoy loves the new scheme brought back to Tampa Bay by former assistant and new head coach Lovie Smith. McCoy will have added responsibility along with added pressure in the Tampa 2, but welcomes the challenge of being the defensive spark plug.https://www.pewterreport.com/index.php?option=com_k2&Itemid=20&view=item&layout=item&id=9748

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of the idiots who still don’t understand the Under alignment ( and there are a lot of them )  need to read this article and realize why drafting a Nose Guard 7th overall is piss poor value in this defense.It's all designed to free up McCoy for one on ones . Which means you'd be spending a 7th on a guy who is going to line up directly over the center all day  , and force the double so that McCoy can get after it." I’m an under tackle. And this defense runs how I run, so I have a lot of responsibility and it’s not going to be easy to be great in this defense. Does it fit to my style of play? Yes. But it’s going to take a lot of work to be great in this defense, because I’m going to have a lot of one on ones, most of the one on ones, most of the two-way goes, and when you depend on four guys to get to the quarterback and the under tackle is supposed to be your guy, I have to get there. But I’m still excited about it.”Boid loses.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The article didn’t even mention the NT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“It’s definitely going to be different,” McCoy said. “We’re playing the old school, traditional Tampa 2 defense and all we’ve been watching is old Chicago tape when Lovie was there from 2002 to 2012 or however long they played it. When they were in their prime, from 1996 to 2002 or 2003, we’ve been watching all that tape, because that’s when the Tampa 2 was really thriving and took over the league so that’s how I know we’re really running the old traditional Tampa 2. I’m excited about it.”Well, that answers that question.  They will be playing Cover2, and Cover 3 as well.  Shell defense.  Boid Wins.and if AD is lined up next to McCoy on third and 8, things will change.  Who is going to get the double?  McCoy?  Donald?  Both?  regardless, the guy you let loose (1v1) has got to win his matchup.  Regardless of where he lines his facemask up at.  You put Donald and GMac, Johnson and Clay on third and 8, and someone should bust free.  If Donald gets swallowed up, so what?  But if they decide to swing chip on McCoy, and let AD go as a result of him not being ELITE like GMac is, things will be prettier.  The guy is a prospect, but damn if he doesn't look hellishly bonafide.On other downs, yes.  First and ten, yes.  But can Donald man the end spot on those downs?  He has ridiculous get-off, amazing short area quickness and suddenness (stop start).  If the BUcs are willing to put him out there on three downs, he is worth the pick, and completely worth it.Teams will be forced to pick and choose who to double on obvious pass situations.  It won't be black and white as Doloris says.  Also, with a masterful pass rush, another option or two gets taken out of the offense for that down, as a result of spying.I like the idea of Donald at 7.  I like Watkins, Evans, Manziel.  These cats will make me happy on draft day.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We’re not going to draft a player that plays the same position as the best player on our whole team. To spend the no7 overall pick on a dt would be so incredibly stupidit’s not even funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are going to double Donald or McCoy or Johnson or all?And clay gets freed up for his one v one which is ideal. Double the rook and let McCoy free!  Not.

And Donald wouldn't be the guy they double. They would be blasting McCoy in that case...he is the guy who needs paying attention to.

Meanwhile , McCoy says :" I’m an under tackle. And this defense runs how I run, so I have a lot of responsibility and it’s not going to be easy to be great in this defense. Does it fit to my style of play? Yes. But it’s going to take a lot of work to be great in this defense, because I’m going to have a lot of one on ones, most of the one on ones, most of the two-way goes, and when you depend on four guys to get to the quarterback and the under tackle is supposed to be your guy, I have to get there. But I’m still excited about it.”Bwahahahaahhaa!! What a dumb ass. Boid Loses . Do your homework , son. Learn about the "Under" alignment :1towardsTE2.png

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We're not going to draft a player that plays the same position as the best player on our whole team. To spend the no7 overall pick on a dt would be so incredibly stupidit's not even funny.

+1 QFT

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t see why drafting Donald would be incredibily stupid.  The kid proved he’s a gamer on film, proved he’s a freak at the combine.  He can play multiple positions.  Can play the run as well as pass.  God forbid something happens to gerald, who do we put in at the most important position.  If Donald is the BPA then we should draft him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see why drafting Donald would be incredibily stupid.  The kid proved he's a gamer on film, proved he's a freak at the combine.  He can play multiple positions.  Can play the run as well as pass.  God forbid something happens to gerald, who do we put in at the most important position.  If Donald is the BPA then we should draft him.

That BPA stuff is a crock... Its BPA if it fits with your needs... otherwise teams aren't doing it. Is a team like Indy taking a QB at 7 if that's where they fell this year? Hell friggin no.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't see why drafting Donald would be incredibily stupid.  The kid proved he's a gamer on film, proved he's a freak at the combine.  He can play multiple positions.  Can play the run as well as pass.  God forbid something happens to gerald, who do we put in at the most important position.  If Donald is the BPA then we should draft him.

I would be ok with it if the top three qbs, watkins, and evans are gone.Those are the bpa imo, right now. After the draft actually proceeds, they may not be available and therefore not bpa. Lol.Although, trading down also sounds tempting.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That BPA stuff is a crock... Its BPA if it fits with your needs... otherwise teams aren't doing it. Is a team like Indy taking a QB at 7 if that's where they fell this year? Hell friggin no.

You are right but I always figured thats understood, BPA according to the team thats drafting at the time, who rate players differently according to importance and fit in their sysyems as well as need.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bpa is in the eye of the beholder.So, the Texans bpa isn't necessarily the same as Atlanta's, even if they could both use clowney.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You are right but I always figured thats understood, BPA according to the team thats drafting at the time, who rate players differently according to importance and fit in their sysyems as well as need.

You would think but seeing some of the posts on this board you might be surprised.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Indy wouldn't pick #7 because Luck is too good for them to go 4-12.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fine… 1999 Colts after the Manning led team went 3-13 in 1998. Feel better now?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Fine... 1999 Colts after the Manning led team went 3-13 in 1998. Feel better now?

A Peyton Manning team would never go 3-13 !!! 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

98? Man, you could still hit qb’s back then…Really, idk if those rule apply to today's flag football league. Comparing qb's now, to qb's of the past doesn't seem fair.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should I bring up the 2011 Colt team they went 1-15 because Manning got hurt in the flag football league and had to have neck surgery ? Or should Ilet Bshucher do it ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The point was simply that the Colts weren’t drafting a QB in 1999 after Manning just went 3-13 .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Should I bring up the 2011 Colt team they went 1-15 because Manning got hurt in the flag football league and had to have neck surgery ? Or should Ilet Bshucher do it ?

That's just old age.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy, Aaron Donald, and Johnson playing next to each other…. That would be a spectacle…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's just old age.

My point is you can still go 1-15 with a franchise QB....there's these things called injuries .Manning didn't look too old to be durable his last two years in Denver.

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.