Viewing 37 reply threads

• Author

• CalicoJackLV

Participant

NFL Network @nflnetwork  ·  23s28. @Geraldini93, DT, @TBBuccaneers: http://on.nfl.com/1jepO1h  #NFLTop100

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So JC didn’t get a vote, eh? Congrats 93!!!Also whoever the player rater is is a MORON. Well done McCoy, next year you and 54 will be higher!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Weak. He’s a top 20 player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he can help lead this team to a winning season and stay healthy, he’ll crack the top 20 easily.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How ya like that JC? #28 without your “clutch sacks”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that actually pretty high when you consider how little coverage he gets playing on the Bucs

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that actually pretty high when you consider how little coverage he gets playing on the Bucs

That's because he's a damn beast. Everyone knows this except a certain salty fella.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s because he’s a damn beast. Everyone knows this except a certain salty fella.

Mr. Peanut in the Laboratory with the Candlestick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Solid point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Comical when you think about all of simpletons that said McCoy was a bust and overrated.The Buccaneers had an elite level player at all three levels last season in McCoy, David, and Revis.  I suppose Schiano needed five or six elite players on defense to field a top ten defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Comical when you think about all of simpletons that said McCoy was a bust and overrated.The Buccaneers had an elite level player at all three levels last season in McCoy, David, and Revis.  I suppose Schiano needed five or six elite players on defense to field a top ten defense.

They had one of the best defensive lineman, linebacker, and defensive back in the league. You have to be a really shitty coach to not produce with that haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s come a long way since his “Pop Warner” days… But, a defense is going to get attacked at it’s weakest points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kw64QTjUGas

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love this

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

— Quote from: Biggs3535 on Today at 08:51:13 AM —  “Comical when you think about all of simpletons that said McCoy was a bust and overrated.”How many of them were there? I can only recall a couple of guys. Now the first two seasons, when the Bucs were getting very little back for what they were paying him, a lot of people were disappointed and rightfully so. But since then... not so much. I think you greatly exaggerate the size of the anti McCoy faction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has to be one of my favorite players in the NFL.#1 DT in the league as voted for by the players.    Noice!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

--- Quote from: Biggs3535 on Today at 08:51:13 AM ---  "Comical when you think about all of simpletons that said McCoy was a bust and overrated."How many of them were there? I can only recall a couple of guys. Now the first two seasons, when the Bucs were getting very little back for what they were paying him, a lot of people were disappointed and rightfully so. But since then... not so much. I think you greatly exaggerate the size of the anti McCoy faction.

Sure, there were the simpletons that were whining about the size of the rookie contract while McCoy was injured.  But not many of those simpletons shut their yap once McCoy was on the field and dominating.  In their simple view, he wasn't sacking the QB, therefore not performing well.Simpletons will be simpletons.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

I’d say that, in their view, a guy sitting in the hot tub offers poor value. Or do you excuse Nicks as well? Call it a hypocrisy test.  "In their simple view, he wasn't sacking the QB, therefore not performing well."Now you're talking about one guy. One. One guy widely known as an idiot. But to hear you tell it, there are legions of them. I guess that dude really got into your head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love this

hahah ya i'll admit that made me a little giddy

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate to say this but I was one of the people calling G-MAC a bust and I had good reason but I will take that crow as hot as it can get right now because I absolutely  LOVE this freaking guy!!! He is the best player on this team and I know we have some great ones like Lavonte , but there is something special about a d-lineman taking on 300+ pd men  for almost 60 minutes in a game.. McCoy is the best Tampa Bay Buccaneer player on and off the feild!!!!(  Better get that mega deal done before the season goes on L&L because after this year it’s only going to cost more)Brighter days in Tampa Bay.....Hope to see the stadium packed all year long this season....I was at the Monday nighter against the Phins last year and Loved when Lavonte got up in McCoy s  face and started shouting at him with 2 or so minutes to play and bam !,next play SACK!!!  (that was a great night)McCoy is starting to rival my favorite likes such as Ronde,Brooks and the A-Train and I'm pretty certain his play will match theirs in the near future...I love you GMC

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hahah high five hudson

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The “bust” talk was mainly around the time of his second arm injury. Anyone remember mctwigg?I figured it was a genetic malfunction that couldn't have been discovered within the family, unless, of course, something so rough as playing DT occurred.Glad he came back in a big way. Now AC needs to do the same. No excuses for that t-rex arm. If mctwiggarms can ball, so can T-rex.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

hahah high five hudson

Hi  five to you too bro!  ;D

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The "bust" talk was mainly around the time of his second arm injury. Anyone remember mctwigg?I figured it was a genetic malfunction that couldn't have been discovered within the family, unless, of course, something so rough as playing DT occurred.Glad he came back in a big way. Now AC needs to do the same. No excuses for that t-rex arm. If mctwiggarms can ball, so can T-rex.

I have absolutely no faith in AC..  Raheem and Dom reached  on him (in hind site obviously ) Hope the guy proves me wrong but I damn sure aint holding my breathe ...AC might be an ok situational player but that's it...Maybe a real coach can get more out of him...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'd say that, in their view, a guy sitting in the hot tub offers poor value. Or do you excuse Nicks as well? Call it a hypocrisy test.

A free agent signing and rookie contract pre-rookie salary cap is apples and oranges.  The #3 pick in the 2010 draft was going to get paid too much regardless of their production.  Damn near any player drafted at the top of the draft would have been considered "overpaid".  That's the exact reason a rookie salary cap was implemented, and why it's a simpleton's argument to make.

"In their simple view, he wasn't sacking the QB, therefore not performing well."Now you're talking about one guy. One. One guy widely known as an idiot. But to hear you tell it, there are legions of them. I guess that dude really got into your head.

One guy?  You should pay closer attention, Ill.  Here are four just from page one of a thirteen page thread:

45 million dollars banked9 sacks

Amen. Great post and better thread. +1

I lie, you lie.....the numbers don't. I've never been a McCoy fan.... still am not one today!!

McCoy produces about the same as Freeman does.  Very little.

There are many more threads and pages filled with McCoy bashing.  You must have been involved, hence your attempt to minimize.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The "bust" talk was mainly around the time of his second arm injury. Anyone remember mctwigg?I figured it was a genetic malfunction that couldn't have been discovered within the family, unless, of course, something so rough as playing DT occurred.Glad he came back in a big way. Now AC needs to do the same. No excuses for that t-rex arm. If mctwiggarms can ball, so can T-rex.

I have absolutely no faith in AC..  Raheem and Dom reached  on him (in hind site obviously ) Hope the guy proves me wrong but I damn sure aint holding my breathe ...AC might be an ok situational player but that's it...Maybe a real coach can get more out of him...

Well, if rumors are true, they're going to line him up jj watt-style this season.If so, his numbers might inflate, and a lot of us may change our minds. I still think he's a good player, and I believe lovie can use him properly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t find a clip from the show of other players’ McCoy vignettes for this Top 100 list. This, and the VJax one, both look like the Top 100 Reaction Show clips. Is that all they did for them this year?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

--- Quote from: Biggs3535 on Today at 08:51:13 AM ---  "Comical when you think about all of simpletons that said McCoy was a bust and overrated."How many of them were there? I can only recall a couple of guys. Now the first two seasons, when the Bucs were getting very little back for what they were paying him, a lot of people were disappointed and rightfully so. But since then... not so much. I think you greatly exaggerate the size of the anti McCoy faction.

Sure, there were the simpletons that were whining about the size of the rookie contract while McCoy was injured.  But not many of those simpletons shut their yap once McCoy was on the field and dominating.  In their simple view, he wasn't sacking the QB, therefore not performing well.Simpletons will be simpletons.

lol . . . . simple

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can't find a clip from the show of other players' McCoy vignettes for this Top 100 list. This, and the VJax one, both look like the Top 100 Reaction Show clips. Is that all they did for them this year?

I saw Lavonte's on the team website, so McCoy's might be up soon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I never thought he was a bust and have been a massive fan of his, but I remember being soooo disappointed when Suh was off the board and they had ended up with the “consensus” number 2 best DT. He had to be an absolute game changing force to live up to that pick and over the last couple years he has and then some. Thank God he’s on our team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well, if rumors are true, they're going to line him up jj watt-style this season.If so, his numbers might inflate, and a lot of us may change our minds. I still think he's a good player, and I believe lovie can use him properly.

How are the coaches going to turn Adrian Clayborn into JJ Watt?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can hardly live up to the pick, just do the best that he can. Which he has. Especially for a dt picked third overall. That’s very high for a dt btw.Some players can't ever live up to their pick status. Rg3 is a solid reminder of why you don't throw everything at a player. He's crap, but even IF he was a baller...he still could not live up to the amount given up for him.Barron is in the same boat as mccoy imo. He can ball out, but for where he's drafted, he's got a lot to prove to make it really worth it.Overall, was mccoy worth it? Damn right he was, but he's also got a bit of a ways to go before he's even in sapp-like territory.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think playing as an UT instead of a 3 technique will be good for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

UT is still in a 3 technique. UT is just the name given to the 3 technique in an under front in which he would lined up as a 3 opposite the strength of the formation.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

UT is still in a 3 technique. UT is just the name given to the 3 technique in an under front in which he would lined up as a 3 opposite the strength of the formation.

Just agreeing with what McCoy said in the video. I think the change will be beneficial for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remember how much board hazing GMac got for saying he loved The Little Mermaid. There was no way Suh loved The Little Mermaid or anything else. Some people get inspiration and a mental upper hand on their  opponents by being the good guy. GMac is one of those guys. He's great for Tampa and should have a career in front of the camera when he retires from football. GMac is a righteous dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol . . . . simple

Think he likes the word  simple , or does simply not have many words in his simple vocabulary ?LMAO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just agreeing with what McCoy said in the video. I think the change will be beneficial for him.

My bad, just saw that video. Looks like this means that the Bucs will go back to playing a lot of under fronts like they did under Kiffin. For those who don't know, in the under front, the DT opposite the strength (tightend most of the time or maybe based on the back in gun) becomes a 3 and the DT to the strength is in a 1. Then with a TE, the SAM or nickel plays in a 9 (walked up outside the TE).This also means that you are going to have Lavonte and McCoy on the same side of the formation.

Please wait…

Viewing 37 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.