Viewing 51 reply threads

• Author

• ufojoe

As speculation focused on the Bucs possibly taking Donald at 7, moving McCoy to NT and playing them together, McCoy took to Twitter and showed what kind of a team player he will be…Gerald McCoy ?@Geraldini93  20hHahaha all the speculation on draft is funny. I GUARANTEE this..... I WILL NOT. I repeat WILL NOT move to nose, regardless of who we draft!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is a joke, right?  I mean that this is evidence that he’s not a team player rather than simple acknowledgement of just how stupid it would be to move him to NT.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Assume much? How do you know he wasn’t tweeting from Lovie’s office and that they weren’t having a good laugh from all of the speculation?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People, including me, followed up on this. He wasn’t kidding.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And he shouldn’t have to move to nose. Our interior dline is not the problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s not a joke. He’s the best at his position and nobody is going to move him off of that. Tell em Gerald!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes … and it’s about as much sign of his not being a team player as it would be if Calvin Johnson said he wasn’t moving to TE if the Lions drafted a wide out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald McCoy ?@Geraldini93  3hYou guys crack me up. Bc I said I won't move to nose I'm selfish? I help my team best at 3 whether starting or 2nd group. Tighten up people!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the coaching staff told him they thought it made the team better if he and Donald lined up next to each other, (with GM at Nose) that’s what he should do. I doubt Lovie or Frazier would do that but they both have enough experience that they should be trusted. It's not as if this is Schiano calling the shots.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was his follow-up tweet supposed to somehow bolster your argument?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy is getting trolled lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We are now questioning whether the guy who is universally acknowledged as the leader of the defense is a “team player” because he’s responding to an utterly ridiculous idea? C’mon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His follow-up Tweet showed he was not kidding with his first response, as Chase was suggesting. Thought that was obvious. I'll type slower next time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chase didn’t suggest he was kidding.  Chase suggested he was laughing at the speculation.  He easily could have been laughing at how ridiculous the speculation was while being completely serious about not moving.  Perhaps you should try reading more slowly rather that typing more slowly.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pretty obvious what Chase was suggesting. Try again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d be pissed if they moved McCoy to NT personally. He’s proven. What the hell has Donald proved? Nothing yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Only an idiot would take a 2x probowler and move him to nose. We finally got a legitimate player! Let’s move him out of position!Props to him for speaking up and telling it how it is. People who want Donald drafted don't want to hear it though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, it was pretty obvious…and acacius nailed it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No way we draft a shorter version of McCoy in the 1st round or 2nd round; it ain’t happening….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO at Chase. Yeah, McCoy was siting with Lovie and joking. But that didn’t mean he was just joking. Got it. More coverage on McCoy and Donald together and the likely, or unlikeliness of it happening. http://www.bucsnation.com/2014/5/7/5692872/nfl-draft-rumors-glazers-pushing-for-manziel-lovie-smith-wants-aaron

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BTW, Bucs and Beers, the “people” who want Donald drafted aren’t in this thread, so far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://tbo.com/sports/bucs/bucs-mccoy-i-wont-move-to-nose-tackle-20140508

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No, seriously.  Chase didn’t say anything at all about McCoy joking.  Look, it's reasonable to assume that McCoy has talked with Lovie about his role in the defense next year.  In reality, it probably wasn't *actually* as he was tweeting, but the basic idea that McCoy is well-informed on how he's going to be used next seems solid.  To me, at least.  Since McCoy has never shown signs or real prima dona behavior, I'm willing to treat this as his being better informed that the media types rather than signs that he's a lousy team player.  YMMV.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the Bucs do draft Donald it to play DE not DT. The guy can play either IMO. In drafting Donald you have insurance if McCoy gets hurt. With that said I’ve felt all along that Donald isn’t in the picture for the Bucs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Java was right.  Trade his ass and take Man Love and Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol at ufojoe…."How do you know he wasn't tweeting from Lovie's office and that they weren't having a good laugh from all of the speculation?"That's the quote. Where am I talking about McCoy joking? The implication there is that McCoy could be sitting there with Lovie and the subject comes up out McCoy moving to NT....then they both look at each other and laugh at the ridiculous notion that they would move the best UT in the game to NT for a rookie.As acacius said, was he in Lovie's office while tweeting? Most likely not...but GMC most likely has his role completely defined and he knows that they aren't going to be taking a player who would cause him to move or alter his role. Same for David. I highly highly doubt this came from a place of pride, rather than a place of understanding of what his role will be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

add another person to the moron list

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If I was Mccoy I would laugh it also. No way should an all-pro move anywhere to make room for a rookie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Doesnt sound like a team player. Better draft Donald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LMAO, Bucs’ fan logic – Lets draft a guy at a position where we already have the best at that position in the league. Smfh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy’s tweet was stupid and poorly thought through, as so many are.  It does come off as selfish, especially for him to just put it out there for the world.  Had someone tweeted @ him about it, I can see it as a response.  Some are blowing it waaaaay out of proportion, but it’s what we do.  If we did draft Aaron Donald (which I would not mind in the least), I don’t think it’s at all strange to think he’d take snaps from the “NT” position occasionally on passing downs.  Or just to fuck with other teams, moving guys around.  Most snaps?  Of course not, that would be stupid.  The way Gerald responded makes it seem like he’s not even open to the thought of limited snaps there in certain conditions.  We know how many times he was used (stupidly imo) in our last coaches stunt schemes.  Hard to say he is selfish, but we did hear thinly veiled complaints from him on that as well.  This defense will and should be about results, not making Gerald McCoy into the best 3 technique dt in the NFL.  He has made a boatload of money already in his young career.  Padding his stats for his next contract is literally the least of my concerns.  If we’re trying to get after the quarterback on 3rd or other obvious passing situations (again assuming Aaron Donald is on our roster), Gerald McCoy would likely be the best fit for “NT” on those downs.  If he has a problem with that, I have a problem with him.  Mostly though, I just have a bad taste for Gerald saying anything he won’t do for the Bucs.  Dude has banked over 50 mil for what has amounted to a couple seasons of very good play.  He didn’t say “moving me to NT would be stupid, there’s no way our coaches would ask me to do that”.  He said “no, I ain’t goin”.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Threadkiller – nice post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You actually read that rant ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Gerald McCoy ?@Geraldini93  3hYou guys crack me up. Bc I said I won't move to nose I'm selfish? I help my team best at 3 whether starting or 2nd group. Tighten up people! He was obviously talking about 3 technique. Not 3rd down, when he only has 4.5 career sacks in 4 years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Donaldosexuals actually went on McCoys Twitter and called him selfish because he lays claim to his position ?Jumped the Shark.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m with McCoy on this one.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not the way it works. McCoy needs to do whatever is asked of him. Schiano had him doing all kinds of stupid stuff anyway.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And the stupid stuff hurt the team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy wins.Dumbass Donaldosexuals lose.  Never a chance this shrimp was in play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why do fans troll their own players, I don’t get it…..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Love it when McCoy wins…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy throws Donald under the bus and then wins ….Donaldosexuals lose .It's a wonderful night in Tampa bay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will McCoy win if we draft a potential “stud” NT in Nix? Surprised he wasn’t picked in rd1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s been through a lot of sh1t for that spot. I don't blame him at all. Matter of fact, I applaud him for having that fire and conviction. He earned it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

McCoy's tweet was stupid and poorly thought through, as so many are.  It does come off as selfish, especially for him to just put it out there for the world.  Had someone tweeted @ him about it, I can see it as a response.  Some are blowing it waaaaay out of proportion, but it's what we do.  If we did draft Aaron Donald (which I would not mind in the least), I don't think it's at all strange to think he'd take snaps from the "NT" position occasionally on passing downs.  Or just to **CENSORED** with other teams, moving guys around.  Most snaps?  Of course not, that would be stupid.  The way Gerald responded makes it seem like he's not even open to the thought of limited snaps there in certain conditions.  We know how many times he was used (stupidly imo) in our last coaches stunt schemes.  Hard to say he is selfish, but we did hear thinly veiled complaints from him on that as well.  This defense will and should be about results, not making Gerald McCoy into the best 3 technique dt in the NFL.  He has made a boatload of money already in his young career.  Padding his stats for his next contract is literally the least of my concerns.  If we're trying to get after the quarterback on 3rd or other obvious passing situations (again assuming Aaron Donald is on our roster), Gerald McCoy would likely be the best fit for "NT" on those downs.  If he has a problem with that, I have a problem with him.  Mostly though, I just have a bad taste for Gerald saying anything he won't do for the Bucs.  Dude has banked over 50 mil for what has amounted to a couple seasons of very good play.  He didn't say "moving me to NT would be stupid, there's no way our coaches would ask me to do that".  He said "no, I ain't goin".

Well said. There was no reason for him to tweet about this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not the way it works. McCoy needs to do whatever is asked of him.

That's what team players do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Huh.  So the first round of the draft came and went, and the Bucs wound up passing on Donald even though he was there for the taking.  Why, it’s *almost* as if McCoy had been speaking from a place of being better informed about the Bucs’ plans for the defense than the guys who were being fed lines about Lovie pushing for Donald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Huh.  So the first round of the draft came and went, and the Bucs wound up passing on Donald even though he was there for the taking.  Why, it's *almost* as if McCoy had been speaking from a place of being better informed about the Bucs' plans for the defense than the guys who were being fed lines about Lovie pushing for Donald.

Boom!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Huh.  So the first round of the draft came and went, and the Bucs wound up passing on Donald even though he was there for the taking.  Why, it's *almost* as if McCoy had been speaking from a place of being better informed about the Bucs' plans for the defense than the guys who were being fed lines about Lovie pushing for Donald.

Boom!

That's what makes this whole fake drama hilarious. Btw, the guy said he would play back up 3 technique, right? -- his point was that anyone other than a bunch of message board guys would see that his value is to be Warren Sapp not Brad Culpepper. His contribution IS his quick get off, not his ability to tie up two blockers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I *will* say that I think that it's entirely possible that he deserves criticism for having tipped off the Bucs' draft plans vis a vis Donald (although there's no way to be certain).  His being entirely too open about stuff on twitter seems rather more in character for him than his going prima dona on us would.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Funny thing is a lot of people on this board still don’t realize what a huge difference the two tackle positions are . They think a tackle is a tackle. Probably why they were dumb enough to think Donald was worthy of a top 7 pick for a team that already has a pro bowl 3 tech.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The “non-team player” 1st round pick, Pro Bowler willing to play backup (in a contract year):Gerald McCoy ?@Geraldini93  · 19h  You guys crack me up. Bc I said I won't move to nose I'm selfish? I help my team best at 3 whether starting or 2nd group. Tighten up people! ::)

Please wait…

Viewing 51 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.