Viewing 7 reply threads

• Author

• revfish

Participant

SR/MC these are some questions I have from today’s game.  If you have any comments on them now, I’d love y’alls input…others too.What was the difference between the plan which enabled us to run vs the Jags when we got nothing vs. the Texans?What happened to allow the defense to give up td passes on what seemed to be the same play in the first half?  Is is safety play, lb's not in the zone or what?If Verner is your nickel back now, what are your plans for him when Banks returns, especially as the Jags seemed to be targeting Jennings/Jenkins?What is happening to have you bring in an eligible linemen on many run plays?  Is this a sign of concern about the line on their own, a design to take advantage of the d if they don't adjust, or a combination of both?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What was the difference between the plan which enabled us to run vs the Jags when we got nothing vs. the Texans?

I don't know if this was Koetter or who, but our offensive line's blocking looked flawless and exotic as all hell. Lineman pulling all over the place today, I feel like our lineman were running the 40 yard dash all game long.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What was the difference between the plan which enabled us to run vs the Jags when we got nothing vs. the Texans?

I don't know if this was Koetter or who, but our offensive line's blocking looked flawless and exotic as all hell. Lineman pulling all over the place today, I feel like our lineman were running the 40 yard dash all game long.

Yeah, that's what I saw too.In regards to your eligible lineman question, revfish - I'm about 99% sure it had to do with handling the LEO defense.  Ol' Gus Bradley brought over some of that 8 in-the-box single-high safety style defense from Seattle, and I'm pretty sure Koetter was quoted this week talking about "how do you get a hat on a hat against that defense, when they always out number you by 1" and  today we saw exactly how.  You bring in 1 more o-lineman and say "yeah, we're running it right at your face" and looks like our guys won a lot of those situations.  Would love to see us continue it, if the situation arises.  We'll probably see it against atlanta, given they have another ex-seahawk coach in dan quinn

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Koetter said that the reason the Jags were stout running the ball was they always had 1 more guy in the box than you…    Making Fragel the eligible TE effectively evened it out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It certainly worked.  We actually ran it a bit in the second half of the Texans game and it gave us a decent drive until Brinza missed an easy FG.    To keep the defense offguard, we also threw a play action pass from the formation early on.It's a two-edged sword though.  If they outnumber us on the run, then a receiver or running back or tight end should be open in the passing game with run-pass action (not play action...with run action the linemen fire out as if it is a run play).  3rd string...that's an excellent point and I do hope we keep it up, AS LONG AS we're doing it to get an advantage.  Not to cover up a weakness.

Please wait…

• jeebz116

Participant

I thought we did that since ASJ and Stocker are hurt?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’d like to know if they are planning to give Kevin Pamphile more of a look at OG. Once Dot comes back we’ll have 3 serviceable tackles in Smith, Dot, Cherilous. I haven’t gone back to watch him specifically, but it seemed that the left side held up pretty well. If Edwards is a better LG than Mankins, I would like to think that he would get a shot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How long has Micheal Clayton been moonlighting as Mike Evans?  So much arm flailing.

Please wait…

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.