Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• TheAman

Participant

PFT is reporting that the Bucs are trying to make a play for the #2 pick.  Have you heard anything about this, or do you think it’s just the typical rumors we get leading up to draft day?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably the Rams trying to generate interest. Only way I can see them jumping up to 2 is that they really want Clowney or Mack, or they want Watkins and plan to flip him to the Lions. It still adds intrigue to the Draft and that’s all part of the fun.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Might be worth moving up to get Mack or Watkins too, but only if the asking price were no more than a 3rd this year and a 3rd next year, which is pretty much inconceivable. Mack has moved up a lot on draft boards since the season ended, which makes me suspicious of him. But I trust Lovie and Licht. We really are VERY thin at DE, given how often those guys get injured, and this draft is very weak at the position beyond the first round. That said, I don't think it's worth mortgaging our future to move up for a non-superstar like Mack. Watkins intrigues me more, but very good receivers can be had later in the draft. I like Robinson a lot at G/T, too, but you don't draft a guy who would have to play guard for a couple years at Nr. 2 overall.Unless the asking price is very low, I'd prefer to stay put and take Aaron Donald or Manziel at Nr. 7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haven’t heard anything here at all. BUT nothing surprises me this time of year. It is possible, but still believe they would love to move down unless they would use next years picks. Word we heard was St. Louis wants a 2 & 4 to consider giving up the No. 2, and of course swapping No. 1’s. My guess it is Watkins they would move up for, but maybe looking at Mack or if Clowney falls. But again this is all speculation on my part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mack or Clowney?  Okay, but I don’t think any WR is worth that, especially in a draft that’s filthy with them.  Mack, Clowney, or stay put and take Donald.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe old news, but PFT reports the move would be for Manziel specifically. To me this lends credibility to the report intended to generate interest in the Rams' pick. Don't buy for a second that they're seriously interested in Manziel. The due diligence is a way to make teams think they need to move to 2 in front of Jax if they want a shot at him. I'd be upset if we paid that price in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It would take giving up our first this year, our 2nd this year and our 2nd next year to move from #7 to #2.Even at that, St. Louis may actually want just a little extra to even out the value.Our pick is worth 1500 points, the #2 overall pick is worth 2600 points.Our 2nd round pick is worth 520 points. So, we'd still be 580 short.So, it'd take a 2nd next year and likely a 4th next year also. Unless the Rams just swapped their first for our first, second and second next year.Then the value would be about even.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Or if the Rams were interested… 1st, 2nd next year and Glennon.Heard the Bucs value him at a 2nd round value.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually have a sinking feeling it would be for Manziel.  Lord I hope I’m wrong…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jason Cole says the rumor is inconsistent with his info (not that that is shocking)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If it’s true, then I believe it would be for Clowney and only Clowney.  The trade could be contingent on the Texans’ selecting Mack.1. While the 3 technique is most important, adding Simeon Rice, Julius Peppers, or Dwight Freeney can put you over the top.  Getting to the QB with the front 4 in the Tampa 2 is not an option. MJ has rushed from both the left and right DE positions.2.  The Rams don't need multiple picks anymore, therefore receiving the Bucs'  2015 #1 might be "all" they are asking, enabling the Bucs to keep the rest of their 2014 picks plus a Glennon trade.  Atlanta may or may not be willing to do the same.3.  In my opinion, Lovie was given total discretion when he took the head coach job and therefore would have the Glazers' blessing to trade next year's #1.I didn't even put Clowney on my big board because of the dedication to football concerns,  and I'm always against trading away next year's #1, but I can see why this could happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually have a sinking feeling it would be for Manziel.  Lord I hope I'm wrong...

Me too!!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here’s the link re: moving up for Manziel, not Mack/Watkins…http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/06/if-bucs-move-to-no-2-its-for-manziel/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s all smoke at this time. That’s why PFT is blowing up with this and that rumour about who wants Manziel, who’s trading to 1, etc. etc. etc. Everyone trying to hide their real intentions and generate a market.

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.