Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 18 reply threads

• Author

• Anonymous

Inactive

The common pro-gun response to recent mass murders is to blame mental illness as the sole source of the problem. We’ve had three crazy people try to kill numerous people in theaters. The three events break down as follows:Colorado: 12 killed, 58 injured Louisiana: 2 killed, 9 injured Tennessee: 0 killed, 2 injuredAll three perpetrators were mentally ill. Only two had guns. The Colorado shooter had multiple firearms. The Louisiana shooter had a hand gun. The Tennessee perpetrator had an axe (and a pellet gun)Obviously guns play a substantial role in mass murder.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Tennessee theatre clearly had a “Gun Free Zone” sign…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Tennessee theatre clearly had a "Gun Free Zone" sign...

Nice deflection

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Tennessee theatre clearly had a "Gun Free Zone" sign...

Nice deflection

Pretty sure I've been clear on my stance...and my screen name.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s just mental health

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's just mental health

Guns are the #1 cause of mental health in the U.S. Disarm the citizens of this country immediately. Problem solved.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's just mental health

Guns are the #1 cause of mental health in the U.S. Disarm the citizens of this country immediately. Problem solved.

Mental health is the number 1 cause of guns. Stop the insanity!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's just mental health

Mental health is the number 1 cause of guns. Stop the insanity!

The only way to stop the insanity is ban and confiscate all firearms...ESPECIALLY those big bad AR's that are the "choice weapon' of mass shooters like the Charleston shooter and the Virginia shooter. Every human is normal and sane. The moment a firearm touches their hand, they become mentally unstable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think that is a great question, we can only assume had the mentally ill person not had access to the guns would the outcome have been the same?I think it's really hard to predict the capabilities of mentally ill people, dude could just as easily had created an ied and snuck it into the theater.But, at very least i'm sure we can agree that we should be testing for people w/ mental illnesses, I think this could be a win/win 1, we could deter mentally ill people from getting their hands on guns and 2, you can prove that those who aren't mentally ill are responsible gun owners.Also, i think some people need to calm down, every time people try and have a civil discussion first thing I hear is oh they are trying to take our guns away and ban guns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://cnn.it/1Lyn4gy

The copycat phenomenon is more acute in the United States because guns are more accessible than in other countries. "(Access to) firearms (is) a significant predictor of these incidents," Lankford said.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The copycat phenomenon is more acute in the United States because guns are more accessible than in other countries. "(Access to) firearms (is) a significant predictor of these incidents," Lankford said.

I'm sure the copycat phenomenon has nothing to do with the media glorifying the killer while disregarding the victims. We'll spend a day talking about the victims and months talking about the killer.But, then again, I'm sure it's not the media's fault. The guns problem make them do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm sure the copycat phenomenon has nothing to do with the media glorifying the killer while disregarding the victims. We'll spend a day talking about the victims and months talking about the killer.But, then again, I'm sure it's not the media's fault. The guns problem make them do it.

No one disputes the media's role in copycat crimes. The Alabama author says that access is the defining difference in the impact of the copycat crime. There are guns everywhere and no meaningful way to id crazy people. Toxic mix

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m still waiting for the anti-gun crowd to stop pissing and moaning and ACTUALLY COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. Perhaps they should start with the government actually enforcing the current laws in place.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm still waiting for the anti-gun crowd to stop pissing and moaning and ACTUALLY COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. Perhaps they should start with the government actually enforcing the current laws in place.

Yawn. Your better then "enforce the laws in place," that is one of the worst mindless pro-gun slogans

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that is one of the worst mindless pro-gun slogans

Why...because it's true?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s nothing wrong with common sense GUN CONTROL.  Not banning.  Not taking away any of your rights.  It is way too easy to acquire a gun in this country.  Start there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's nothing wrong with common sense GUN CONTROL.  Not banning.  Not taking away any of your rights.  It is way too easy to acquire a gun in this country.  Start there.

What would you suggest?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Better background checks for starters.  I’m talking REAL background checks that include medical records.  Oh is that too intrusive for you?  Too f ing bad.  You want to carry a firearm?  Then you must be certified as a responsible gun owner.  No history of mental illness.  No felonies.  No current charges.  Gun nuts always bring up automobiles in their stupid analogies.  Great.  You need a license to do so.  All gun owners should be required to take a safety class and be certified on its use.  I can go on and on…shut down these joke gun shows where anyone can buy anything.  It's time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

https://www.facebook.com/DefendAndCarry/videos/517391888430221/

Please wait…

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.