Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 11 reply threads

• Author

• Vance

Participant

And some were not buying it ,but I still truly believe Tom Brady will be involved with the Bucs organization after he retires. He is coaching and making decisions about draft picks with this team..maybe I am wrong but sticking to my words with this one.

• RudeGuy

Participant

I’m not sure he would be building his home in Miami if this were in the plans. It would make more sense to build a home in the Tampa Bay area.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

All QBs coach to a degree. What makes you think he’s making decisions about draft picks?

• TCB2W!

Participant

Maybe because Arians said on the Rich Eisen show that he asked Brady to scout the WRs in the draft?

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Maybe because Arians said on the Rich Eisen show that he asked Brady to scout the WRs in the draft?

That’s far from making decisions. So far as to not even be related.

It’s even farther from working for the Bucs after he retires.

“Hey Tommy with half a billion in the bank, want to be a regional scout when you’re done? No? Fuck no? Okay sorry to bother you.” Come on guys, this is ridiculous.

• Roy

Participant

What will Brady do when he retires? I’ve brought this question up before. Coaching? No. He’s not going to be on board with the daily grind. What about front office work? No. Brady has a lot of football knowledge of course, but does he want to get into college scouting and contract negotiations? Would he be good at that? I’ll say no to that. What about TV? He’s the GOAT, but on TV he’d be the goat, because he’d be another example of someone whos charisma doesn’t translate to the TV studio.

OWNERSHIP Now that’s where I see Brady going. 1) He has the money. 2) He has the smarts. 3) He has the star power of course. 4) I think it would interest him. Probably in the NFL, but not necessarily. Magic Johnson is part owner of the Dodgers. Steve Nash co-owns a soccer team. Joe Gibbs owned a motorsports team. But most likely its football for Brady. That’s what he knows. And he would fit in with the rich folks. He can still take a side trip to Monte Carlo on the weekend.

Of course Michael Jordan the majority owner of the Charlotte Hornets. Nolan Ryan was a co-owner of the Texas Rangers for a short time. Mario Lemieux became owner of the Penguins. Derek Jeter is involved in the ownership of the Marlins. John Elway turned down an offer to own part of the Broncos. There’s usually a local tie in, but Brady is a national celebrity and he could bring a boost to any NFL team who needed one.

What about the Patriots? Does Robert Kraft want to sell part ownership to Tom Brady? For what reason? When Denver offered part ownership to Elway it was because they wanted to keep him around to be part of the organization. The Patriots are Belechik’s team. I just don’t see it.

So what about the Bucs? I’ll say its possible. I could see the Bucs wanting to keep Brady in the organization, and the only way to do that is by allowing him to become part owner. The Glazers have never been football guys, and have had their struggles over the years because of that lack of football knowledge. To be a “hands off” is the best thing, but you have to be able to bring in somebody to be “hands on” who knows their stuff. That hasn’t always been the case. It would make sense to bring in Brady as part owner if he promises to be actively involved in the football operations. Don’t take this as a prediction though. I am not going that far.

• TBChucky

Participant

That actually makes a little sense Roy. I’d definitely welcome him as a minority owner, not that it’s up to us.. lol..
      The most likely scenario is for him to put all his efforts into growing, expanding, and promoting his TB12 brand. Maybe he and Giselle have other ambitions that are unknown to everyone else. Hell, if I were them I would just enjoy the rest of my life, doing whatever I felt like doing that day..

• Roy

Participant

That actually makes a little sense Roy. I’d definitely welcome him as a minority owner, not that it’s up to us.. lol..
      The most likely scenario is for him to put all his efforts into growing, expanding, and promoting his TB12 brand. Maybe he and Giselle have other ambitions that are unknown to everyone else. Hell, if I were them I would just enjoy the rest of my life, doing whatever I felt like doing that day..

Brady is the GOAT. That means greatest player in the history of the NFL. Yes, everyone knows that, but people don’t seem to really be factoring that in when they are talking about his retirement. He’s going to do something big, not something small.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Id love this, but coaching/scouting for NE is more likely imho.

Then again Giselle may want him to stay retired for a few years once he finally does. Any coaching job(especially NFL) is full time. Would be away from his family more often then not. Just like he has been for the past 21 years.

• SoberInSac

Participant

I’m thinking he probably would enjoy being a part time Q.B. coach. That way it’s on his time and he can work with the best talent out there. I’m sure people would pay alot of money to have Brady train them and get em ready for the draft. He could scratch that football itch watch film and he can also feel pride when his student’s play well in the NFL. I think he will one way or another be involved with football when he retires and whatever that may be you can expect he will give it his best.

• Roy

Participant

Part time QB coach? People, you don’t get it. Brady doesn’t need health insurance and paid vacations. How about Peyton Manning? He’s worth a paltry $250 million. What’s he doing with his retirement? As you see from the below interview, Manning does not have a job. But between charities, TV shows, commercials, and the kids he is plenty busy. Why would Brady be any different? Ownership is another matter. That doesn’t require the daily grind. You are hanging with the jet setting rich folks like the ones you moved in with in Miami Beach. You get to go to the games and sit up in the owners box like Jerry Jones and have the cameras studying your facial expressions. Here’s the article about Manning from February 2021.

From 9News ENGLEWOOD, Colo. — There are people working full-time jobs with a spouse and kids who aren’t as busy as Peyton Manning has been in the five years since he retired from playing football.

Still, Manning is often asked, “What have you been doing since you retired?” 9NEWS asked if a potential return to the NFL — maybe even the Broncos in some capacity — was in his future. “Nothing on the horizon for me right now,’’ Manning said in a one-on-one Zoom interview with 9NEWS last week. “Still doing a lot of the same things you alluded to. Still on too many commercials. Probably on TV way too much.

“I’ve enjoyed since leaving the Broncos being a part of these little teams. Companies like Nationwide, I’m still part of the team, and Brad Paisley and I are in a band together, and we’ve had a lot of fun doing that. Some of the different philanthropic teams I’ve been a part of. I’ve enjoyed doing these ‘Peyton’s Places’ for ESPN. Talking to old players, got to do a great thing with John Elway, we watched The Drive against Cleveland and just learning more about the NFL I didn’t know before.

“So I’ve enjoyed staying close to it. I enjoyed doing some different things outside of football. I had a 9-year-old basketball game (Thursday) night in Highlands Ranch. An 8:40 tipoff, kind of late for a 9-year old I have to admit. Certainly protected a lot of time for kids’ stuff and our family stuff so I feel pretty busy. I don’t have a one-word job description except I’m just busy.’’

• Biggs3535

Participant

That’s far from making decisions. So far as to not even be related.

It’s even farther from working for the Bucs after he retires.

“Hey Tommy with half a billion in the bank, want to be a regional scout when you’re done? No? Fuck no? Okay sorry to bother you.” Come on guys, this is ridiculous.

I’d argue they are pretty related. If the team is on the fence regarding two WR’s and Brady says he wants receiver A as opposed to receiver B, which one do you think they’ll take?

• Roy

Participant

Matt Matera handled the Monday Mailbag this week, and came to the same conclusion as I did…. “If Brady wants to be involved in the NFL again, some type of ownership stake in a team would probably be most appealing.”

So lets explore that. Would the Bucs be willing and able to facilitate Brady being part owner? Tthe Buccaneers are worth $2.28 Billion, ten times what the Glazers paid for it. Lets say Brady invested $100 mil or whatever and buys a small piece of the team. But Matera thinks Brady wouldn’t be interested in a front office job. Well what would be the point of this if he’s not somehow involved in the running of the football team? Is he going to be sitting in the owners box with some pom poms? I don’t see Brady being the cheerleader type.

I guess a comparable scenario would be Derek Jeter being part owner of the Marlins. With the Marlins there was new ownership coming in, a new stadium being built, major changes, and Jeter was part of bringing baseball knowledge and legitimacy to all of this.

This is a different situation here in Tampa Bay. The Bucs would have qualified a couple years ago, but right now I don’t see the Bucs have a critical need for a major Marlins-style undertaking. And I’m not talking about our opinion. I’m talking about the Glazers opinion, which is what matters. I don’t think the Glazers would see a critical need for a new makeover….

… however there is one thing the Glazers will want that they will have great difficulty getting: A new stadium. If bringing in a Brady ownership would somehow be part and parcel with getting a new stadium. I don’t have any idea how that would work, but if getting Brady involved in ownership of the team could result in a new stadium then of course the Glazers would be salivating over that.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.