Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 32 reply threads

• Author

• KarmaPolice

Participant

14 year old makes reference to Grand Theft Auto, emerges with AR thst was inside home they broke into

Cops initial involvement was report of diabetic 12 year old in distress

What a country

• TheChronicHotAir

Participant

Condolences.

I hope they didn’t any of your vital organs.
      Get well!!

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Thanks for proving my point. Lol.

• spartan

Participant

Cops initial involvement was report of diabetic 12 year old in distress

The cops were responding to the kids had broken out of Juvenile detention AND one was a diabetic.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

Yep

Merica

14 year old and 12 year old
      Escape/evading cops
      Multiple break ins
      Ar15 in home
      Grand Theft Auto
      Blaze of “glory”

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Again, thanks for further proving my point.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

About ARs? Not a mass shooting?

• KarmaPolice

Participant

Sorry I guess it’s an AK

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

You haven’t missed a beat posting about mass shooting involving a semi-automatic rifle.

But, one of the deadliest ones in history happens a week or so ago…and crickets from you.

I mean, I know why. You know why. We all know why.

I’m just pointing it out. That’s all.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

You haven’t missed a beat posting about mass shooting involving a semi-automatic rifle.

But, one of the deadliest ones in history happens a week or so ago…and crickets from you.

I posted in the thread about last weeks shooting? We discussed that we have different takes on it.

If the defense for an AR is “other guns kill too” then there fair enough. Like issue, different take based on utility

• Biggs3535

Participant

Correct. You’re acknowledging reality while Mr. Cronkite is pushing his agenda, per the usual.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

Correct. You’re acknowledging reality while Mr. Cronkite is pushing his agenda, per the usual.

And LargeMarge pushes her agenda

(having just made Karma look like a genius in another thread)

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I posted in the thread about last weeks shooting? We discussed that we have different takes on it.

My bad. I worded that wrong.

I was referring to you starting threads. You never miss the opportunity to start a thread.

Again, you didn’t with San Jose…and we all know why.

I see that you mentioned “utility” again, and I’m not sure either one of us want to argue that falsehood again.

I’m not insulting you. Just pointing out a very clear narrative and agenda for the sake of conversation.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

I was referring to you starting threads. You never miss the opportunity to start a thread.

I see that you mentioned “utility” again, and I’m not sure either one of us want to argue that falsehood again.

I’m not insulting you. Just pointing out a very clear narrative and agenda for the sake of conversation.

Well I didn’t take it as an insult so no worries there, but thanks for saying that. Same respect intended in my comments.

I understand your point on creating threads. My point if view is that there’s no reason (other than $) for the ARs. You calling it a falsehood doesn’t make it so. They were banned previously and are banned in several states now, but I still get your point. It’s kind of a perception (low utility) versus “reality” (eg “home defense”) issue, I guess. To that point, this story is in Enterprise Fl (not really a hotbed of crime or zombie hangout) and the homeowner had a shotgun and a handgun, so guessing the Ak-47 is for ….. entertainment.., more than anything

• jbear

Participant

Where the heck have you been DH? This guy has been MIA for quite some time.

• jbear

Participant

And LargeMarge pushes her agenda

(having just made Karma look like a genius in another thread)

And Karma refers to himself in the third person in a post trying to make himself sound rational.

Thanks for the laugh Karma!

• jbear

Participant

I thought you reserved this level of snark for Chron.

And yes it is clear. Very clear. Great post. How you know it’s good is that Karma responds to it by pretending not to understand what you’re saying.

• spartan

Participant

And yes it is clear. Very clear. Great post. How you know it’s good is that Karma responds to it by pretending not to understand what you’re saying.

I thought that was reserved for bwahaha?

• Biggs3535

Participant

How you know it’s good is that Karma responds to it by pretending not to understand what you’re saying.

It’s funny…because it’s true.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

You calling it a falsehood doesn’t make it so.

You can’t say this…

My point if view is that there’s no reason (other than $) for the ARs.

…while saying this in the same sentence.

It’s kind of a perception (low utility) versus “reality” (eg “home defense”) issue, I guess.

Your perception is that it’s “low-utility”. Just like mine is that home defense is “reality”.

Admittedly, I haven’t checked in the last 3-4 years, but the country used to be pretty split on support of a “assault weapons” ban.

So, clearly, there’s tens of millions of citizens who see the numerous practical usages as “realty”.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I thought you reserved this level of snark for Chron.

You spelled KKKron wrong.

But, I don’t want to be the grammar police guy.

• jbear

Participant

Missing that thumbs up option that Fire got removed by sending dozens of temper tantrum emails to the PR staff.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

You calling it a falsehood doesn’t make it so.

You can’t say this…

My point if view is that there’s no reason (other than $) for the ARs.

…while saying this in the same sentence.

It’s kind of a perception (low utility) versus “reality” (eg “home defense”) issue, I guess.

Your perception is that it’s “low-utility”. Just like mine is that home defense is “reality”.

Admittedly, I haven’t checked in the last 3-4 years, but the country used to be pretty split on support of a “assault weapons” ban.

So, clearly, there’s tens of millions of citizens who see the numerous practical usages as “realty”.

Or who see the fun ….

I am sure you know that one reason behind the more recent mass marketing of ARs is the industry effort to fill the “common use” argument from the Heller case, but here’s the common sense side of the argument, using this example… the guy had a handgun and a shotgun, two classic home defense/personal defense weapons. He still bought the Ak-47

That’s because he thinks it’s cool and fun or because a couple weeks ago there was a report of a squad of insurgents in Enterprise?

Maybe it exists, but I’ve yet to see a story of a homeowner defending himself successfully because he was able to put 100 AR rounds on 8 assailants he detected 200 yards out…

I think I’ve posted before that a family member was ex military, competitive marksman and hunter who drove alone cross country regularly, sleeping in the bed of his truck. He carried a REVOLVER on the road and had a shotgun at home. Thought it was dumb that ARs were sold to “civilians.”

I can think of one great use for an AR and that would be for security on a blue water boat. Probabmy perfect in that scenario. I think you mentioned hog hunting once. Probably makes sense too.

Probably does not make sense to have one every 3-4 homes in a gated residential community in the suburbs :-)

With drum mags

• jbear

Participant

Probably does not make sense to have one every 3-4 homes in a gated residential community in the suburbs :-)

With drum mags

I’m shocked that individual liberty doesn’t make sense to you!

Naaah, just joking.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

With drum mags

I’m shocked that individual liberty doesn’t make sense to you!

Naaah, just joking.

Look at you, concerned about the individual Liberty of all those gunned down by these nuts

I am proud of you.

Next thing you’ll be fir a women’s right to choose.

You know, the libertarian platform …

Oh wait, that was yet another Large Marge reading comp gaffe…

Never mind

• KarmaPolice

Participant

We’ve had a breakthrough moment. JavaBear has finally come to realize that MURDER is the ultimate deprivation of liberty

Freedom carry a rocket launcher versus loss of life…

Tough balancing act

Especially with that freaking govt mind control

• jbear

Participant

Look at you, concerned about the individual Liberty of all those gunned down by these nuts

I am proud of you.

Next thing you’ll be fir a women’s right to choose.

You know, the libertarian platform …

Oh wait, that was yet another Large Marge reading comp gaffe…

Never mind

This is like a three year old trying to have a discussion about individual liberty.

Any dolt knows that the right to life (not being murdered) is as sacred as any God given right bestowed on man and that includes the right to defend your life by whatever means necessary.

Individual liberty doesn’t allow you to take away someone else’s liberty by murdering them and to argue that a person who murders is somehow exercising their right to liberty is about as dumb an argument as any person could ever make on anything so I’m not too surprised you came up with it.

• jbear

Participant

We’ve had a breakthrough moment. JavaBear has finally come to realize that MURDER is the ultimate deprivation of liberty

Freedom carry a rocket launcher versus loss of life…

Tough balancing act

Especially with that freaking govt mind control

And you doubled down on the stupid. Nice!

I might add that the right to life is not only bestowed to those strong enough to carry an AR, it even works for liberals and unborn babies.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Missing that thumbs up option that Fire got removed by sending dozens of temper tantrum emails to the PR staff.

Imaginary thumbs up right back at you!

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Is jbear still pretending he is a libertarian?

Maybe he means librarian?

• KarmaPolice

Participant

Individual liberty doesn’t allow you to take away someone else’s liberty by murdering them

Do your stance on abortion (ask Large Marge if it’s in the platform lol)… is weirdly disconnected from your stance on guns

All liberties intersect in a society. Basic common sense. Faux libertarians clown themselves

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

but here’s the common sense side of the argument, using this example… the guy had a handgun and a shotgun, two classic home defense/personal defense weapons. He still bought the Ak-47

Okay. And the San Jose had…in your words…an arsenal. Yet, he still used pistols.

That’s because he thinks it’s cool and fun or because a couple weeks ago there was a report of a squad of insurgents in Enterprise?

I know you think these are “mic drop” comments, but it is essentially nothing more than you waving a white flag. For further proof of this…

Maybe it exists, but I’ve yet to see a story of a homeowner defending himself successfully because he was able to put 100 AR rounds on 8 assailants he detected 200 yards out…

I mean, you come up with some of the most asinine and disingenuous examples to make your point in gun topics. But, I’ll tell you what. You know what I haven’t seen either? A story of a homeowner defending his wife and kids from getting raped and murdered by using hugs, reasoning skills, and quick wits on 8 assailants.

Now, if you were being genuine, you’d find plenty of stories regarding homeowners who lawfully and successfully defended their home, family, property, etc. from harm using a semi-automatic rifle.

I think I’ve posted before that a family member was ex military, competitive marksman and hunter who drove alone cross country regularly, sleeping in the bed of his truck. He carried a REVOLVER on the road and had a shotgun at home. Thought it was dumb that ARs were sold to “civilians.”

He’s one example. Again, there’s plenty with the same resume who think differently.

I can think of one great use for an AR and that would be for security on a blue water boat. Probabmy perfect in that scenario. I think you mentioned hog hunting once. Probably makes sense too.

Again, disingenuous. I’ve given plenty of examples and backed them up with facts, data, etc. You simply don’t agree because of your anti-gun stance, and therefor disregard it as irrelevant because of your take (an uneducated one might I add) on “functionality”.

Well, I’d prefer it over a bunch of 9mm…actually, you know what…never mind. I’ve already proven that point with facts as well. Won’t bother doing it again.

At the end of the day, you’re taking an awfully defensive stance on being called out for some pure and blatant hypocrisy.

If the San Jose shooting involved semi-automatic rifles, you would have started a post about it. Period.

• jbear

Participant

All liberties intersect in a society. Basic common sense. Faux libertarians clown themselves

You’re the one clowning yourself Karma. Liberties do intersect however if you believe that the societal costs of someone smoking or drinking a soda pop outweigh the basic human rights of a person to do what they choose then that intersection point as you see it is a million miles from where it should be.

Your left wing view that you have to calculate the cost of the healthcare (since even healthcare isn’t an individual right or responsibility but a collective “societal” responsibility) when deciding whether a persons right to choose for themselves is a fundamental difference in the way someone like you sees the issue of liberty.

You make the exact same argument when arguing against guns. It’s where you place that intersection between the rights of the individual and the committee determined societal costs that’s the issue.

We’ve discussed this ad nauseum and I’m frankly confused as to how you can still so badly misunderstand the disagreement.

• KarmaPolice

Participant

You make the exact same argument when arguing against guns. It’s where you place that intersection between the rights of the individual and the committee determined societal costs that’s the issue.

We’ve discussed this ad nauseum and I’m frankly confused as to how you can still so badly misunderstand the disagreement.

Right

Viewing 32 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.