Viewing 158 reply threads

• Author

• Mr.Badass

Participant

Tonights game is a hallmark reminder of that commonly known fact.  Lebron was temporarily benched for excessive fouls in the 3rd -- the Heat were up by 12. As soon as he came out the Pacers went on a scoring spree. 3:00 later the 3rd quarter ended with the Pacers up by 5.

Please wait…

• shanesnyder

Participant

That temporary benching proved to be detrimental, as the Heat just lost a nail biter by 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“Temporarily Benched”?  He played the least minutes of any playoff game this year.  He spent half of the game on the bench.  That’s a little more than “temporarily” being on the bench.And also, they barely lost.  So the Heat being "nothing" without James is an overstatement as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Take away the greatest player in the game and of course the team suffers. Rashard ain’t having another game like that…but he won’t have to. James will bounce back and the heat will win another title. Ugh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

They don’t need James to play 48 minutes, they have zebras.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This was a hot topic on talk radio today. I didn’t watch the game, but the consensus seemed to be, all the fouls but one were ticky tack.  Maybe the zebras just wanted t send him a message or whatever.The more interesting part of that game was Stephenson blowing in Lebron's ear.  WTH?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lance is an idiot. Nothing without Lebron? Yeah, Bosh hits that 3 and they probably would have won.Most teams struggle if their top player goes down.Hoping Indiana can pul of the miracle or SA or OKC can stop the three-peat. How about those Rangers?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol I laughed my ass off when he brew in LeBron’s ear. Anyways, go Heat. It’s always nice to see a championship in Florida.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lance is an idiot. Nothing without Lebron? Yeah, Bosh hits that 3 and they probably would have won.Most teams struggle if their top player goes down.Hoping Indiana can pul of the miracle or SA or OKC can stop the three-peat. How about those Rangers?

I saw a Larry Bird interview today. He was surprisingly cool, calm and collected. He wants Stephenson back with the team, but they won't overpay him. His tone seemed to be, they won't blow up the team. They just need a few tweaks here and there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Larry Bird was a huge trash talker, but in a funny way.  I once saw him and Ainge go at it in a 3 point contest with just the two of them, funny stuff

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Heat wouldn’t be as good as they are obviously.  They would probably be like the Bobcats.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Agreed, hate when everyone is trying to claim that Lebron has so much help around him. No disrespect to the other players but most of them are old depth players, and DWade and Bosh aren’t putting up the same #s before the whole Big 3 thing happened.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about those Rangers?

Who are these "Rangers" you speak of?  I joke with people when they bring up hockey, I say, I am not sure which end of the stick you are supposed to hold.But a lot of people are saying the hockey finals this year, have been way better than the NBA finals.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LOL @ this thread. So 5 players on the court per team. So your telling me that taking one of the best players to ever play the game off of his team (20%) of the players on the court and replacing him with an average player that the heat are much worse? Wow, you really shed some light on things there.Let's compare that to football. 22 people play on a team, so if you take away 20% of the team that's 4.4 players. So we'll say 5 because you can't have half a player. So your thread is essentially saying that if the Superbowl Bucs team took away Lynch, Barber, Sapp, Alstott and let's say Keyshawn Johnson that they would be not nearly as good. Gee thanks, I'll call USA Today for an interview....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How about those Rangers?

Who are these "Rangers" you speak of?  I joke with people when they bring up hockey, I say, I am not sure which end of the stick you are supposed to hold.But a lot of people are saying the hockey finals this year, have been way better than the NBA finals.

Both sports have had some great playoff series this year. But for me, it's been 20 years since the Rangers have made it this far. So, I've enjoyed it. But if they lose today, it could be over. Kings are one of the most complete teams I have seen in a long time.Hoping the Spurs win this series. Being a Knicks' fan, I'm definitely a Heat/Lebron hater.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not gonna happen bro, heat are unstoppable. After they win it again this year, they might be the best team to have ever played the game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Welp…. they looked like hell the other night but I really hope they can pull together and win tonight.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not gonna happen bro, heat are unstoppable. After they win it again this year, they might be the best team to have ever played the game.

Not even close. Are you serious?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jordan's Bulls would decimate this Heat team. I don't think they'd even get by Reggie's Pacers or Ewing's Knicks. Nothing better than watching the Heat get smashed at home two games in a row.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jordan's Bulls would decimate this Heat team. I don't think they'd even get by Reggie's Pacers or Ewing's Knicks. Nothing better than watching the Heat get smashed at home two games in a row.

Agree and I would add,  if the Heat were in the western conference, they wouldn't even have made the finals.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The last two games were REALLY enjoyable. Hope it ends tonight in the same fashion: Spurs blowout. Rangers lost to the better team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The officials carrying the Heat? Noooooooooooo, never. This is just sad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m no fan of the Spurs, but they are far and away a better team than Miami. Parker is doing nothing, the Heat were handed a handful of horrendous calls in their favor to start the game, and Miami is only up three. If the refs just let them play, Miami has no chance.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Spurs putting on a shooting clinic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good for them, and its nice they could win it on their home court.  Gotta give LeBron props. After the final buzzer he gave love and respect to every Spur player and their coaches.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You think Jordan would have allowed his team to get crushed like that the final three games of a series, two of them at home? Nope. I hope this opens some eyes, Lebron is massively overrated especially in the leadership department.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good for them, and its nice they could win it on their home court.  Gotta give LeBron props. After the final buzzer he gave love and respect to every Spur player and their coaches.

Yep, about 5 minutes after he quit and walked down the court after missing his final shot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, about 5 minutes after he quit and walked down the court after missing his final shot.

He needs help. They may try to lure Carmelo down there.  Wade and Bosh and Ray Allen should just retire. Mario Chalmers contributed nothing.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He needs help. They may try to lure Carmelo down there.  Wade and Bosh and Ray Allen should just retire. Mario Chalmers contributed nothing.

How much more help does he need? Maybe he should just call up Melo, Paul, Howard, and Harden.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How much more help does he need? Maybe he should just call up Melo, Paul, Howard, and Harden.

My point is how much help did he have this past season?  He scored the most points for the Heat during the season, no surprise there. Then the next guy on the list scored 200 less points. The Big 3 was a joke. It was the Big 1.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No kidding, the guy ran away from Cleveland like a coward, admitting to the world he can't carry a team. "He needs more help" is the last thing anyone should be saying, he ran and found his help. If not for Ray Allen bailing him out at the end of game 6 last year, Lebron would be stuck on one title, probably forever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No kidding, the guy ran away from Cleveland like a coward, admitting to the world he can't carry a team. "He needs more help" is the last thing anyone should be saying, he ran and found his help. If not for Ray Allen bailing him out at the end of game 6 last year, Lebron would be stuck on one title, probably forever.

True.  But every superstar has his sidekick.  MJ/Scotty for example.The real blame goes to Pat Riley. The Spurs depth just absolutely destroyed the Heat depth.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

True.  But every superstar has his sidekick.  MJ/Scotty for example.The real blame goes to Pat Riley. The Spurs depth just absolutely destroyed the Heat depth.

Right, nobody does it completely alone, but as you know MJ didn't run to a team to join up with Pippen, he just got lucky to have him as a teammate. My main issue with Lebron is that he's by far the most protected player in the history of the NBA in terms of officiating, and his horrible leadership ability. He's constantly compared to Jordan and I find that laughable, as I said before, no Jordan led team would ever get crushed like that three games in a row, or lose each game of the Finals by 15 or more points. Lebron's demeanor completely changed in the 2nd quarter when SA went on their run. The SECOND quarter, that's just inexcusable for a guy many feel is one of the greatest ever (I don't). He's so mentally weak compared to the true greats, Jordan would have forced Lebron into an early retirement if they played in the same era. My guess is Lebron opts out and runs to the Clippers or back to Cleveland.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right, nobody does it completely alone, but as you know MJ didn't run to a team to join up with Pippen, he just got lucky to have him as a teammate. My main issue with Lebron is that he's by far the most protected player in the history of the NBA in terms of officiating, and his horrible leadership ability. He's constantly compared to Jordan and I find that laughable, as I said before, no Jordan led team would ever get crushed like that three games in a row, or lose each game of the Finals by 15 or more points. Lebron's demeanor completely changed in the 2nd quarter when SA went on their run. The SECOND quarter, that's just inexcusable for a guy many feel is one of the greatest ever (I don't). He's so mentally weak compared to the true greats, Jordan would have forced Lebron into an early retirement if they played in the same era. My guess is Lebron opts out and runs to the Clippers or back to Cleveland.

I can't really argue one bit of that TBH.  I don't hate him or love him.  [ I am sitting here thinking how did I get into the position of defending LeBron?]But anyway, my opinion is, there may never be another MJ. And I agree, comparing him to MJ is crazy talk. One thing I will say is,  he appears to be a decent person. He has 2 young boys. And I don't believe he has ever been in any kind of trouble with the police.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more you talk about Lebron, the more you discredit the Spurs. They would have still lost if Lebron scored 40+ each game. The Spurs depth is flat out amazing and they outplayed Miami as a whole.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep. This was about Leonard, the Spurs and their depth and the greatness of Pop.Lebron had little support in this series and no bench. Not much more he could have done. And I'm just as big of a Lebron hater as anybody else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think the lebron hate is misguided.  i dont love the guy, and i usually root against him.  but to dismiss the player he is is crazy talk to me.  does he have the killer instinct of MJ?  no, he doesnt.  but that doesnt mean hes not a leader, or not clutch or not an amazing player.  maybe spolstra isnt the leader that phil jackson is?  ray allen was signed to hit 3 pointers…and thats a negative on lebron?  i seem to remember kerr and paxson hitting some clutch shots also.and you also gotta be naive to realize that jordan played in a time before real free agency.  had free agency been around, you can be sure that the Bulls would have surrounded him with available talent.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2-3 in Finals?  Don’t ever ever ever compare him to MJ again….ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Better question, who would you compare lebron to? And would you ever compare anyone to MJ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The more you talk about Lebron, the more you discredit the Spurs. They would have still lost if Lebron scored 40+ each game. The Spurs depth is flat out amazing and they outplayed Miami as a whole.

Lebron doesn't make the players around him better like a true super star should, that's the point. I remember against Orlando in the 2009 playoffs he had huge games pretty much ever night, but he lost the series. This is what I'm talking about when I say he has no leadership and that he's vastly overrated, everyone keeps talking about how he had no help but it's nonsense. We know the name Kerr, Armstrong, Kukoc, etc not because they were great players, but because by playing with Jordan they elevated their games. For almost his entire career people have been saying Lebron doesn't have help (even now which is absolutely absurd), the reality is he just doesn't make the players around him better like the greats did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think the lebron hate is misguided.  i dont love the guy, and i usually root against him.  but to dismiss the player he is is crazy talk to me.  does he have the killer instinct of MJ?  no, he doesnt.  but that doesnt mean hes not a leader, or not clutch or not an amazing player.  maybe spolstra isnt the leader that phil jackson is?  ray allen was signed to hit 3 pointers...and thats a negative on lebron?  i seem to remember kerr and paxson hitting some clutch shots also.and you also gotta be naive to realize that jordan played in a time before real free agency.  had free agency been around, you can be sure that the Bulls would have surrounded him with available talent.

But would Jordan ever call up Barkley or Reggie and say hey guys lets team up. Never, and you know it. Lebron didn't stay with a franchise and have help brought in, he bolted from his franchise because he couldn't handle the pressure of being the main guy. He figured he could go to Miami with Bosh and if things went wrong he'd have two other stars that could shield him from the blame.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But would Jordan ever call up Barkley or Reggie and say hey guys lets team up. Never, and you know it. Lebron didn't stay with a franchise and have help brought in, he bolted from his franchise because he couldn't handle the pressure of being the main guy. He figured he could go to Miami with Bosh and if things went wrong he'd have two other stars that could shield him from the blame.

I disagree, James went to Miami because he saw it as an easy opportunity for rings. While it is clear that James is no MJ, he is still a top 25 all time player, and arguably the best SF ever. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i think the lebron hate is misguided.  i dont love the guy, and i usually root against him.  but to dismiss the player he is is crazy talk to me.  does he have the killer instinct of MJ?  no, he doesnt.  but that doesnt mean hes not a leader, or not clutch or not an amazing player.  maybe spolstra isnt the leader that phil jackson is?  ray allen was signed to hit 3 pointers...and thats a negative on lebron?  i seem to remember kerr and paxson hitting some clutch shots also.and you also gotta be naive to realize that jordan played in a time before real free agency.  had free agency been around, you can be sure that the Bulls would have surrounded him with available talent.

Dude, just admit you are a Lebron hater. People tend to forget Jordan didn't get his rings until his all-star cast was brought to Chicago. Lebron in Cleveland was like Barry Sanders in Detroit. Also going to the Championship for four straight years and winning two is pretty freaking good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

But would Jordan ever call up Barkley or Reggie and say hey guys lets team up. Never, and you know it.

Never.  Not even HOF'er Dennis Rodman.It always gets left out of these conversations that Jordan was able to play with another HOF'er and member of the NBA's 50th Anniversary team almost his entire career in Scottie Pippen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lebron doesn't make the players around him better like a true super star should, that's the point. I remember against Orlando in the 2009 playoffs he had huge games pretty much ever night, but he lost the series. This is what I'm talking about when I say he has no leadership and that he's vastly overrated, everyone keeps talking about how he had no help but it's nonsense. We know the name Kerr, Armstrong, Kukoc, etc not because they were great players, but because by playing with Jordan they elevated their games. For almost his entire career people have been saying Lebron doesn't have help (even now which is absolutely absurd), the reality is he just doesn't make the players around him better like the greats did.

You should come over to my Gator board.  I am getting attacked by the Heat fans for calling Bron overrated. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jordan is one of a kind. No one is ever going to have that kind of finals success. Once you get past him, all the other great players lost numerous finals appearances and/or only won a few. Hakeem is one of the greatest players of all time and only won 2 titles, conveniently when Michael Jordan wasn't playing. Isaiah Thomas is one of the greatest players of all time and only won 2 titles. Larry Bird is one of the greatest players of all time and only won 3 titles, and lost in the finals twice. It happens. Winning is really hard. If LeBron is only as good as Hakeem, Zeke, and Bird, I'd rather celebrate him for still being one of the 10-20 greatest players ever than trash him for not being the very best ever. And I hate the Heat and everything associated with the city of Miami.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Because Jordan called up Pippen and asked him to form a super team right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jordan is one of a kind. No one is ever going to have that kind of finals success. Once you get past him, all the other great players lost numerous finals appearances and/or only won a few. Hakeem is one of the greatest players of all time and only won 2 titles, conveniently when Michael Jordan wasn't playing. Isaiah Thomas is one of the greatest players of all time and only won 2 titles. Larry Bird is one of the greatest players of all time and only won 3 titles, and lost in the finals twice. It happens. Winning is really hard. If LeBron is only as good as Hakeem, Zeke, and Bird, I'd rather celebrate him for still being one of the 10-20 greatest players ever than trash him for not being the very best ever. And I hate the Heat and everything associated with the city of Miami.

Not one, not two , not three, not four...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrqXDEPu6v8&noredirect=1F him and the horse he rode in on...the decision, the back stab, the choke.  F him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dude, just admit you are a Lebron hater. People tend to forget Jordan didn't get his rings until his all-star cast was brought to Chicago. Lebron in Cleveland was like Barry Sanders in Detroit. Also going to the Championship for four straight years and winning two is pretty freaking good.

Yes, I hate cowards who bolt their team because they can't handle the pressure, I hate cowards who have stated in the past that flopping is a decent strategy, I hate babies who cry after literally every single missed layup asking for a foul. The guy plays in the most watered down version of the NBA, defense is virtually non-existent, and it took a ton of help and a miracle three by Allen in Game 6 of last year to give him more than one championship. Lebron on flopping:"Guys have been accustomed to doing it for years, and it's not even a bad thing. You're just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it."http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-flopping-not-even-bad-thing-173034574.htmlThese comments, his constant bitching if he doesn't get every single call, bolting Cleveland to find players who could carry him...it all leads to one fact. Lebron doesn't want to earn a damn thing, he wants it all handed to him. If you want to worship a guy like that, have at it. I'll never root for a guy with that kind of pathetic mentality. No wonder his team got stomped in the finals this year, no wonder he got swept in his first finals appearance, no wonder in the final game against the Magic in 2009 his team again got stomped, no wonder Lebron watched the last half of the 4th quarter of game 6 this year from the bench. When things get difficult Lebron wants no part of it, but hey..at least he'll have guys like you slurping away the rest of his career, right?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, I hate cowards who bolt their team because they can't handle the pressure, I hate cowards who have stated in the past that flopping is a decent strategy, I hate babies who cry after literally every single missed layup asking for a foul. The guy plays in the most watered down version of the NBA, defense is virtually non-existent, and it took a ton of help and a miracle three by Allen in Game 6 of last year to give him more than one championship. Lebron on flopping:"Guys have been accustomed to doing it for years, and it's not even a bad thing. You're just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it."http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-flopping-not-even-bad-thing-173034574.htmlThese comments, his constant **CENSORED**ing if he doesn't get every single call, bolting Cleveland to find players who could carry him...it all leads to one fact. Lebron doesn't want to earn a damn thing, he wants it all handed to him. If you want to worship a guy like that, have at it. I'll never root for a guy with that kind of pathetic mentality. No wonder his team got stomped in the finals this year, no wonder he got swept in his first finals appearance, no wonder in the final game against the Magic in 2009 his team again got stomped, no wonder Lebron watched the last half of the 4th quarter of game 6 this year from the bench. When things get difficult Lebron wants no part of it, but hey..at least he'll have guys like you slurping away the rest of his career, right?

Well said sir.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LeBron only has 10 days to decide to opt out or not.  It will be interesting to see how it turns out. The Heat are hamstrung by the big 3 contracts.Lebron  20milBosh      20milWade    20mil

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lebron is smart he’ll run back to Cleveland to hide behind Irving and whoever they draft with the 1st overall pick next week. Wade is on the verge of becoming a role player because of his health, the guy just can’t stay healthy playing starter minutes any longer. One possibility is that the three opt out, Lebron leaves and Wade/Bosh agree to reduced salaries. They use the savings to attract Melo and possibly Lance Stephenson, and Wade becomes a 6th man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lebron is smart he'll run back to Cleveland to hide behind Irving and whoever they draft with the 1st overall pick next week. Wade is on the verge of becoming a role player because of his health, the guy just can't stay healthy playing starter minutes any longer. One possibility is that the three opt out, Lebron leaves and Wade/Bosh agree to reduced salaries. They use the savings to attract Melo and possibly Lance Stephenson, and Wade becomes a 6th man.

A interesting scenario.  But I don't think Wade and/or Bosh would agree to a cut in pay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually I don’t either now that I read some comments from Wade about how he deserves what he makes and it’s up to others to make any potential additions feasible, not him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, I hate cowards who bolt their team because they can't handle the pressure, I hate cowards who have stated in the past that flopping is a decent strategy, I hate babies who cry after literally every single missed layup asking for a foul. The guy plays in the most watered down version of the NBA, defense is virtually non-existent, and it took a ton of help and a miracle three by Allen in Game 6 of last year to give him more than one championship. Lebron on flopping:"Guys have been accustomed to doing it for years, and it's not even a bad thing. You're just trying to get the advantage. Any way you can get the advantage over an opponent to help your team win, then so be it."http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/lebron-james-flopping-not-even-bad-thing-173034574.htmlThese comments, his constant **CENSORED**ing if he doesn't get every single call, bolting Cleveland to find players who could carry him...it all leads to one fact. Lebron doesn't want to earn a damn thing, he wants it all handed to him. If you want to worship a guy like that, have at it. I'll never root for a guy with that kind of pathetic mentality. No wonder his team got stomped in the finals this year, no wonder he got swept in his first finals appearance, no wonder in the final game against the Magic in 2009 his team again got stomped, no wonder Lebron watched the last half of the 4th quarter of game 6 this year from the bench. When things get difficult Lebron wants no part of it, but hey..at least he'll have guys like you slurping away the rest of his career, right?

the whole idea of hating free agency is ridiculous to me.  You are dismissing a guy because he wants to win? Because he wants to play with the best?  Why not mock MJ for wanting to add rod man? Nobody carried lebron. No one has ever carried lebron. He is the best player in the nba and it's not even close.  Nothing has been handed to him.  And to use words like worship?  And slurp? Please. That just shows you are grasping and biased and childish.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If Lebron is smart he'll run back to Cleveland to hide behind Irving and whoever they draft with the 1st overall pick next week. Wade is on the verge of becoming a role player because of his health, the guy just can't stay healthy playing starter minutes any longer. One possibility is that the three opt out, Lebron leaves and Wade/Bosh agree to reduced salaries. They use the savings to attract Melo and possibly Lance Stephenson, and Wade becomes a 6th man.

A interesting scenario.  But I don't think Wade and/or Bosh would agree to a cut in pay.

If you know anything about Bosh, he's very well-adjusted, probably still has all the money he's ever made, likes living in a sophisticated city, and doesn't want to have to carry a team. He's staying in Miami no matter what they pay him. Wade, on the other hand, still thinks he's the man and most importantly just got divorced. He had to stroke his ex-wife a check for $5 million, give her one of his mansions, a few cars, and continues to have to pay her $25,000 per month, and that doesn't even include any potential child support. He's not going to walk away from an extra $10-20 million he otherwise won't ever see. He needs to cash in.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the whole idea of hating free agency is ridiculous to me.  You are dismissing a guy because he wants to win? Because he wants to play with the best?  Why not mock MJ for wanting to add rod man? Nobody carried lebron. No one has ever carried lebron. He is the best player in the nba and it's not even close.  Nothing has been handed to him.  And to use words like worship?  And slurp? Please. That just shows you are grasping and biased and childish.

Anyone who faults a star player for not wanting Mo Williams to be his running mate the rest of his career is an idiot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone who faults a star player for not wanting Mo Williams to be his running mate the rest of his career is an idiot.

Anyone who believes Mo Williams would have been Lebron's "running mate" the rest of his career, is an idiot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nope, I'm dismissing him for taking the easy way out, you can't seem to comprehend that. And yes, I'm dismissing him because he "wants to play with the best". The true greats want to beat the best, not run and play with them. MJ wanted Rodman, correct, MJ won three straight championships without him, also correct. How many championships did Lebron have before he ran like a coward to Miami? Zero. He had one finals appearance before that and he got swept. The true greats find ways to win, the true greats make the players around them better. The frauds need excuses to be made for them, which is why you're doing exactly that for Lebron. Btw, give me Durant over Lebron. He's better than Lebron, and it's not even close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyone who believes Mo Williams would have been Lebron's "running mate" the rest of his career, is an idiot.

If in seven years the best running mate Cleveland could get was Mo Williams, what makes you think they were suddenly going to get someone better? Have you noticed what a joke the Cavs have been since he left? Why would you want to play for an organization who thought it would be a good idea to hire Mike Brown two years after they fired him and then fire him again one year later? Is that the type of decision makers you would entrust the remaining prime years of your career or would you rather have Pat Riley pulling the strings?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If in seven years the best running mate Cleveland could get was Mo Williams, what makes you think they were suddenly going to get someone better? Have you noticed what a joke the Cavs have been since he left? Why would you want to play for an organization who thought it would be a good idea to hire Mike Brown two years after they fired him and then fire him again one year later? Is that the type of decision makers you would entrust the remaining prime years of your career or would you rather have Pat Riley pulling the strings?

Excuses. Dirk remained patient and got his ring, if Dallas makes a decent move or two this offseason he may get another one. Lebron ran like a coward, you can make all the excuses you want for the guy, that will always be true. Pretend he didn't trust management, or the players around him, have at it. The truth is, he didn't trust himself. This is because he's a coward. This is why teams he has been on have been blown out in the playoffs on a regular basis, look it up. Lebron is a good player that has been turned into something much more because of ESPN hype. That's all there is to it. The league always needs that one main player to build everything around, for years it was MJ, then Kobe, now it's Lebron. The problem with that is the other two earned their reputation, Lebron was handed it. This is why he gets calls that nobody else gets, not even Kobe or MJ. Lebron is the equivalent of Britney Spears. Someone with okay talent, cleaned up a little bit with auto tune and marketed to the point of insanity, in other words, a manufactured "star". You're basically being told this person is amazing, without that person having to prove anything.You clearly bought in to it, I don't. His comments on flopping, running to play with two all stars, crying after ever missed shot because he's so used to getting every single call, getting blown out constantly in playoff games, etc. If Lebron was as great as people think he is, none of that would apply to him, but it does. There's a reason for that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

LeBron is a talented player and the best in this pathetic era of the NBA. The way he’s carried himself and the decisions he’s made has brought this negative light on him. Either way, YOU CAN NEVER mention this guy and MJ in the same sentence. Simple as that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is lebron a “manufactured” star yet Durante or dirk arent? Also, didn’t dallas make a big pitch to lebron? Seems hypocritical to bring up dallas making moves when you also ‘dis’ lebron for making moves.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

, YOU CAN NEVER mention this guy and MJ in the same sentence. Simple as that.

you can’t mention any nba player in the same sentence as MJ.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

, YOU CAN NEVER mention this guy and MJ in the same sentence. Simple as that.

you can't mention any nba player in the same sentence as MJ.

yep

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is lebron a "manufactured" star yet Durante or dirk arent? Also, didn't dallas make a big pitch to lebron? Seems hypocritical to bring up dallas making moves when you also 'dis' lebron for making moves.

Because I believe Durant and Dirk are both worth the hype they get, Lebron isn't. You can't watch ESPN for five minutes without hearing about this guy, you can't visit their site without finding a story about him. The guy held a TV special to announce his free agency decision, that says everything. I don't think he's a bad player, I just know as fact he isn't the player he's made out to be.

Please wait…

• bcwizard

Participant

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/06/18/cavaliers-have-second-best-odds-of-landing-lebron-james-according-to-sports-book/related/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How is lebron a "manufactured" star yet Durante or dirk arent? Also, didn't dallas make a big pitch to lebron? Seems hypocritical to bring up dallas making moves when you also 'dis' lebron for making moves.

Because I believe Durant and Dirk are both worth the hype they get, Lebron isn't. You can't watch ESPN for five minutes without hearing about this guy, you can't visit their site without finding a story about him. The guy held a TV special to announce his free agency decision, that says everything. I don't think he's a bad player, I just know as fact he isn't the player he's made out to be.

Name all the players who have played in five of the last eight NBA finals.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's a difference between a team wanting to go after a high profile free agent, and free agents calling a meeting over the off season to form their own super team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some players are just along for the ride though.  I think it was Don Bayler, IIRC.  He has something like 10 world series rings. Just from being in the right place at the right time.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you know anything about Bosh, he's very well-adjusted, probably still has all the money he's ever made, likes living in a sophisticated city, and doesn't want to have to carry a team. He's staying in Miami no matter what they pay him. Wade, on the other hand, still thinks he's the man and most importantly just got divorced. He had to stroke his ex-wife a check for $5 million, give her one of his mansions, a few cars, and continues to have to pay her $25,000 per month, and that doesn't even include any potential child support. He's not going to walk away from an extra $10-20 million he otherwise won't ever see. He needs to cash in.

Well, I know Bosh is a bright guy, but if LeBron bolts for greener pastures, that would leave Bosh in position to carry the team.And if Wade needs cash, I think he would get more than Miami can pay him, elsewhere.  Some team would pony up big time thinking he is the Wade of old, and he isn't.  Just old, period.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I get it, you look at the result and ignore how the result came to be. If Lebron carried a crow bar with him and took out everyone's knees each game you'd be blabbing about how he went 82-0. It's a very simple minded stance, one that I'm not surprised to see an American have. Nobody likes to actually think about things these days. You are free to look at this situation however you'd like, as am I. Dirks one championship to me is worth five championships the way Lebron "earned" them. You have lower standards, cool.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

is your problem with lebrons game or the media? Sounds to me like you are taking your anger from the media out on lebron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I. Dirks one championship to me is worth five championships the way Lebron "earned" them. You have lower standards, cool.

wasnt that mavericks team loaded with free agents also?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both. I’ve also heard he’s a pretty crappy person in real life, huge ego and just an overall prick, though I obviously can’t prove that one way or another.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I. Dirks one championship to me is worth five championships the way Lebron "earned" them. You have lower standards, cool.

wasnt that mavericks team loaded with free agents also?

My issue isn't with free agency, but you already knew that. You're skirting around the issue of Lebron joining up with two all stars in their prime because he can't carry a team on his own, which is pathetic given his "all time great status". Dallas won the championship that year for several reasons, one is they were simply the better team. Two is because Lebron is overrated and isn't near the threat he's made out to be. Dallas had free agents but none were near the caliber of Wade/Bosh, in fact Kidd and Marion were well past their primes at that point. Dallas formed a solid team, one that Dirk patiently waited for because he knew he was a good enough player to lead a team to a championship. He knew that he didn't need multiple all stars in their prime to carry him over the top, he just needed a solid team and he'd do the rest. Lebron's mindset was completely different, and this is because even he knows he doesn't live up to the hype that surrounds him. Sadly, many of his fans haven't figured that out yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you think it’s better to trust your legacy to the brain trust that has fired three head coaches in the last four years and hope they figure something out rather than play for one of the greatest basketball minds of all time, there’s no use discussing this any further.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yet Lebron himself has stated he would be open to the possibility of going BACK to Cleveland. A link was just posted that even Vegas believes there’s a very solid chance he goes back to Cleveland. In your view he only left because of management, yet he’s on record as saying he wouldn’t be against going back? You're right, there's no use discussing this any further. http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/7582491/lebron-james-miami-heat-rule-return-cleveland-cavaliers"I think it would be great, it would be fun to play in front of these fans again," James said after the Heat's practice Thursday at Quicken Loans Arena."I had a lot of fun times here. You can't predict the future. Hopefully you continue to stay healthy. I'm here as a Miami player and I'm happy where I am now but I don't rule that out in any sense. If I decide to come back, hopefully the fans will accept me."Hmm, "I don't rule that out in any sense". What reason did he have to say these things? It's not like the NFL where a player is trying to leverage a better deal for himself. He's getting a max contract no matter where he goes, so that part doesn't factor in. If the guy bolted Cleveland for the reason you claim, these comments wouldn't exist. Fact.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you think it's better to trust your legacy to the brain trust that has fired three head coaches in the last four years and hope they figure something out rather than play for one of the greatest basketball minds of all time, there's no use discussing this any further.

To each their own. I prefer the superstar who wanted nothing more than to beat the others. Not the one who wanted to join as many as he could to make things easier.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My issue isn't with free agency, but you already knew that. You're skirting around the issue of Lebron joining up with two all stars in their prime because he can't carry a team on his own, which is pathetic given his "all time great status". Dallas won the championship that year for several reasons, one is they were simply the better team. Two is because Lebron is overrated and isn't near the threat he's made out to be. Dallas had free agents but none were near the caliber of Wade/Bosh, in fact Kidd and Marion were well past their primes at that point. Dallas formed a solid team, one that Dirk patiently waited for because he knew he was a good enough player to lead a team to a championship. He knew that he didn't need multiple all stars in their prime to carry him over the top, he just needed a solid team and he'd do the rest. Lebron's mindset was completely different, and this is because even he knows he doesn't live up to the hype that surrounds him. Sadly, many of his fans haven't figured that out yet.

no one can carry a team on their own.I don't see how lebron is not a threat. Hes a 30-10-10 guy who plays defense. He could go for 40 every night if he didn't get assists.  As for dirk,  where's he been? At home on his couch?. I bet hes thinking he wished he played in 5 of the last 8 finals though. And I bet he wishes he had lebron on his team.  He knows he needs more stars on his team, evidenced by the Mavs making runs at lebron and Howard.  And isn't dirks mindset well documented as soft?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If you think it's better to trust your legacy to the brain trust that has fired three head coaches in the last four years and hope they figure something out rather than play for one of the greatest basketball minds of all time, there's no use discussing this any further.

To each their own. I prefer the superstar who wanted nothing more than to beat the others. Not the one who wanted to join as many as he could to make things easier.

these guys dont exist.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Both. I've also heard he's a pretty crappy person in real life, huge ego and just an overall prick, though I obviously can't prove that one way or another.

isnt Jordan thought of in a similar fashion?I do like how you cant prove this, but in earlier posts you can prove his mindset, and his feelings and such.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

James is the best player on the Heat. He's the superstar. As a member of the Heat, he's beaten all the other superstars - Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Paul George, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony, and Tim Duncan. Dwyane Wade ceased to be a superstar two years ago as he's aged and his body has broken down and Chris Bosh was never a superstar. As the #1 player on a team, Bosh never won a playoff series. The Heat have lost two finals series with James. Nothing is "easy". Other teams have good collections of players, too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

no one can carry a team on their own.I don't see how lebron is not a threat. Hes a 30-10-10 guy who plays defense. He could go for 40 every night if he didn't get assists.  As for dirk,  where's he been? At home on his couch?. I bet hes thinking he wished he played in 5 of the last 8 finals though. And I bet he wishes he had lebron on his team.  He knows he needs more stars on his team, evidenced by the Mavs making runs at lebron and Howard.  And isn't dirks mindset well documented as soft?

I said he isn't near the threat people make him out to be, not that he isn't a threat. Why do people on this forum insist on wasting time arguing about things that were never said? I'll never understand that. Lance Stephenson had more triple double's than anyone in the NBA this season, even more than your precious Lebron. Is that comment about Lebron being a 30-10-10 guy serious? You can say the same thing for Durant, oh..my bad, I forgot "he's nowhere near Lebron". Unreal.Where's Dirk? He's about to become a free agent, a free agent that any team in the league would love to have. But guess what? He's going to re-sign with Dallas immediately. Why? Because he's not looking for the easiest road possible, that's what cowards do. He also knows a thing or two about loyalty, seeing as how he has spent his entire career with one franchise. I guarantee when it's all said and done Lebron will have played for 5-6 teams minimum. He'll jump from one team to the next looking to be carried to a title he'll then attempt to take full credit for. As for your post below, determining Lebron's mindset isn't difficult. His actions and words have revealed what his mindset is. I realize you're oblivious to such things, but that doesn't mean everyone else is. It's highly amusing seeing you call Dirk soft, while defending a player who's on record as being a firm believer in flopping. Lebron fans, always good for a laugh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many championships did Lebron have before he ran like a coward to Miami? Zero. He had one finals appearance before that and he got swept.

How many Finals appearances and Championships did Jordan win without a Hall of Fame, Dream Team, and All-NBA 50th Anniversary teammate?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I said he isn't near the threat people make him out to be, not that he isn't a threat. Why do people on this forum insist on wasting time arguing about things that were never said? I'll never understand that. Lance Stephenson had more triple double's than anyone in the NBA this season, even more than your precious Lebron. Is that comment about Lebron being a 30-10-10 guy serious? You can say the same thing for Durant, oh..my bad, I forgot "he's nowhere near Lebron". Unreal.Where's Dirk? He's about to become a free agent, a free agent that any team in the league would love to have. But guess what? He's going to re-sign with Dallas immediately. Why? Because he's not looking for the easiest road possible, that's what cowards do. He also knows a thing or two about loyalty, seeing as how he has spent his entire career with one franchise. I guarantee when it's all said and done Lebron will have played for 5-6 teams minimum. He'll jump from one team to the next looking to be carried to a title he'll then attempt to take full credit for. As for your post below, determining Lebron's mindset isn't difficult. His actions and words have revealed what his mindset is. I realize you're oblivious to such things, but that doesn't mean everyone else is. It's highly amusing seeing you call Dirk soft, while defending a player who's on record as being a firm believer in flopping. Lebron fans, always good for a laugh.

durant doesnt play defense and gets about half the assists lebron does. Great player, but I wouldn’t put him on the same level as lebron.  But you are right, a case could be made for him being “close” to lebron.  Lebron is a career 30-7-7 guy, right? That’s actually pretty close to the hyperbole i used.And actually, I am not a lebron fan. I root against him whenever possible. But I can still respect and acknowledge a great player. Seriously, who has been carrying the heat the last 4 years?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One thing to understand is a lot of players looked at what happened to Kevin Garnett and said that’s not going to happen to me. From age 31-34 Garnett was good enough to be one of the top players on a finals-level team yet when he was 28 his team went 44-38 and missed the playoffs, at 29 his team went 33-49, when he was 30 they went 32-50. His prime athletic years got completely squandered by awful management.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some very interesting comments from Pat Riley today.  He said now is not the time for the players to run away to another team. Its time to work hard, and fix what is wrong with the Heat and get back to the finals.  The way he worded it, if LeBron bails, he is running away. Riley is a good motivator.He also said if they all opt out, its his worst nightmare. But it would give them the most cap room in NBA history.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some very interesting comments from Pat Riley today.  He said now is not the time for the players to run away to another team. Its time to work hard, and fix what is wrong with the Heat and get back to the finals.  The way he worded it, if LeBron bails, he is running away. Riley is a good motivator.He also said if they all opt out, its his worst nightmare. But it would give them the most cap room in NBA history.

The worst thing for the Heat would be Wade and Bosh opting in. If they do, they're guaranteed $40 million in 2014-2015 and $44 million in 2015-2016. They're not worth half that anymore. Wade can no longer play 82 games, can't beat defenders off the dribble anymore, can't guard anyone anymore, and could never shoot in the first place. Bosh can't rebound anymore and can't play in the post anymore. He's a 3-point-shooting big man at this point. LeBron is the only one still in his prime.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How many championships did Lebron have before he ran like a coward to Miami? Zero. He had one finals appearance before that and he got swept.

How many Finals appearances and Championships did Jordan win without a Hall of Fame, Dream Team, and All-NBA 50th Anniversary teammate?

Jordan called up Pippen and joined up somewhere?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

James is the best player on the Heat. He's the superstar. As a member of the Heat, he's beaten all the other superstars - Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, Paul George, Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, Derrick Rose, Carmelo Anthony, and Tim Duncan. Dwyane Wade ceased to be a superstar two years ago as he's aged and his body has broken down and Chris Bosh was never a superstar. As the #1 player on a team, Bosh never won a playoff series. The Heat have lost two finals series with James. Nothing is "easy". Other teams have good collections of players, too.

I never said it was easy. I said easier. You've pretty much shown you're okay with superstars figuring out ways of joining up together and making "dream teams". That's cool, I guess. I liked the league when they all wanted to kick each other's ass*s.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

durant doesnt play defense and gets about half the assists lebron does. Great player, but I wouldn't put him on the same level as lebron.  But you are right, a case could be made for him being "close" to lebron.  Lebron is a career 30-7-7 guy, right? That's actually pretty close to the hyperbole i used.And actually, I am not a lebron fan. I root against him whenever possible. But I can still respect and acknowledge a great player. Seriously, who has been carrying the heat the last 4 years?

Lebron averaged 6.4 assists per game last season, Durant averaged 5.5. Career averages:Lebron - 27.5/6.9/7.2 with 50/34/75 percentages, 1.7 steals per game and .8 blocks per gameDurant - 27.4/3.5/6.9 with 48/38/88 percentages, 1.3 steals per game and 1.0 blocks per gameIf you only look at their career averages it appears Lebron gets far more assists, however if you look at Durant's season averages you'll notice a trend. 10/11 - 2.7 apg11/12 - 3.5 apg12/13 - 4.6 apg13/14 - 5.5 apgFor a non point guard, a full assist jump per game is a pretty big jump from one season to the next, to do it four straight seasons is pretty remarkable. Lebron's assists per game actually went down by a full assist from 12/13 to 13/14. Lebron has four more seasons of experience over Durant, and we've pretty much seen Lebron's ceiling. Durant's numbers show he hasn't reached his ceiling yet, and I already believe he's the better player by a significant margin. Both Durant and Lebron have two seasons of averaging 30 points or more per game, I have a feeling Durant will record one or two more seasons like that within the next four years. Even though he doesn't get the calls Lebron does (nobody does) he's still the better scorer and a far superior outside and free throw shooter. We'll never agree on this, but if you look at these numbers objectively you'll have to admit Durant is far closer to Lebron than you originally thought, and only getting better. I already believe he's much better, but I don't expect you to ever make that admission.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One thing to understand is a lot of players looked at what happened to Kevin Garnett and said that's not going to happen to me. From age 31-34 Garnett was good enough to be one of the top players on a finals-level team yet when he was 28 his team went 44-38 and missed the playoffs, at 29 his team went 33-49, when he was 30 they went 32-50. His prime athletic years got completely squandered by awful management.

You're still milking this management excuse huh. I'm still waiting for you to respond to the quote I posted where Lebron admitted going back to Cleveland is a real possibility. That doesn't quite match up with your theory that he only left because of poor management, so it's not surprising you ignored the post.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We'll never agree on this, but if you look at these numbers objectively you'll have to admit Durant is far closer to Lebron than you originally thought, and only getting better. I already believe he's much better, but I don't expect you to ever make that admission.

offensively i do think they are pretty much equals. But do you believe they are equals on the defensive side?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're still milking this management excuse huh. I'm still waiting for you to respond to the quote I posted where Lebron admitted going back to Cleveland is a real possibility. That doesn't quite match up with your theory that he only left because of poor management, so it's not surprising you ignored the post.

i understand that many fans yearn for the days of old.  But times have changed.  Players play for rings and money.  I might not like dream teams, but I cant fault them either.  Lebron now has his rings, so even though the management is still crappy, I could see him going home to win a ring for his hometown.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

One thing to understand is a lot of players looked at what happened to Kevin Garnett and said that's not going to happen to me. From age 31-34 Garnett was good enough to be one of the top players on a finals-level team yet when he was 28 his team went 44-38 and missed the playoffs, at 29 his team went 33-49, when he was 30 they went 32-50. His prime athletic years got completely squandered by awful management.

Do expect him to publicly say that Cleveland is an armpit of a city, all his teammates sucked, and the owner was a buffoon? If he did, then you'd trash him for not being classy and respectful. The evidence is right there in front of you. It's a fact Cleveland is an armpit of a city, it's a fact the players they surrounded LeBron with sucked, and it's a fact the management there is poor. Secondly, most people think LeBron, Wade, and Bosh hatched their plan during the Olympics in 2008, yet here there were articles in 2010 saying that LeBron and Bosh going to Chicago was a "done deal". These guys play both sides and tell people what they want to hear until they do what they want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's the point.  He didn't have to go anywhere to play with another great player.  That's the beef you people have with James, that he went to play with other great players.  Jordan didn't have to go anywhere. His organization had one there from the get-go, as Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.  Those guys didn't have to go elsewhere to play with Hall of Famers.  Their organizations did the work for them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's the point.  He didn't have to go anywhere to play with another great player.  That's the beef you people have with James, that he went to play with other great players.  Jordan didn't have to go anywhere. His organization had one there from the get-go, as Magic Johnson and Larry Bird.  Those guys didn't have to go elsewhere to play with Hall of Famers.  Their organizations did the work for them.

Magic, Bird, MJ, and the other greats were actually competitive. They wouldn't have done what LeBron did. I don't have beef with LeBron. I'm simply saying he'll never be as good as Jordan. That's all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Magic Johnson played for the greatest owner in the history of the NBA, Jerry Buss, had Jerry West  as the GM, and Pat Riley as his head coach (after Magic personally had Paul Westfall fired). He went to a team that already had Karrem Abdul Jabar and would draft James Worthy three years after Magic was drafted. Larry Bird played for a team that had Red Auerbach as the GM. He would draft Kevin McHale and trade for Robert Parrish the year after Bird and drafted Danny Ainge the year after that. Michael Jordan played for the greatest coach in NBA history after he personally had Doug Collins fired. Three years later they drafted Scottie Pippen and Horace Grant in the same class. The three of them played for 3 of the 4 greatest basketball minds the NBA has ever known. LeBron James played for Mike Brown. In the 7 years after drafting LeBron James, the Cavs used their 1st round picks on Luke Jackson, Shannon Brown, JJ Hickson, and Christian Eyenga. The best co-scorer he played with was Mo Williams. The Cavs team LeBron took to the finals is in the discussion for least talented finals team ever, along with Iverson's one 76ers team and the two Jason Kidd Nets teams. Has anyone answered why Kevin Garnett didn't stay in Minnesota and build a winner there?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Magic, Bird, MJ, and the other greats were actually competitive. They wouldn't have done what LeBron did. I don't have beef with LeBron.

You're still missing the point.  We don't know if those guys would have left to play with other great players, because they didn't have to leave to play with other great players.  Other great players were already there.

Has anyone answered why Kevin Garnett didn't stay in Minnesota and build a winner there?

He took the coward route and went to Boston to team with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen to win a championship.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Has anyone answered why Kevin Garnett didn't stay in Minnesota and build a winner there?

He took the coward route and went to Boston to team with Paul Pierce and Ray Allen to win a championship.

For whatever reason most people think it's ok for a bad team to trade its best player that can't win there because it's the team making the decision, not the player. When the player decides he can't win there and needs a better situation, all bets are off.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s also worth discussing the ultimate post-Jordan alpha dog, Kobe Bryant, and power agent Arn Tellum personally orchestrated him getting traded to the Lakers on draft day. Depending on who you believe, he either refused to play for any other team or flat out told them he would leave after three years to sign with the Lakers. Charlotte drafted him for the sole purpose of trading him. The players and agents have been running the NBA for decades.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Do expect him to publicly say that Cleveland is an armpit of a city, all his teammates sucked, and the owner was a buffoon? If he did, then you'd trash him for not being classy and respectful. The evidence is right there in front of you. It's a fact Cleveland is an armpit of a city, it's a fact the players they surrounded LeBron with sucked, and it's a fact the management there is poor. Secondly, most people think LeBron, Wade, and Bosh hatched their plan during the Olympics in 2008, yet here there were articles in 2010 saying that LeBron and Bosh going to Chicago was a "done deal". These guys play both sides and tell people what they want to hear until they do what they want.

He wasn't making general comments about the Cavs, he was responding to a question about returning. That's a very easy dodge, give a stock "I'm enjoying my time in Miami, I'll let the future take care of itself", or something similar. He chose to elaborate and provide insight that revealed his mindset. There was no incentive for him to say the things he said, athletes brush questions like that off all the time. He didn't, and it's because your theory on why he left isn't accurate.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Magic, Bird, MJ, and the other greats were actually competitive. They wouldn't have done what LeBron did. I don't have beef with LeBron.

You're still missing the point.  We don't know if those guys would have left to play with other great players, because they didn't have to leave to play with other great players.  Other great players were already there.

Jordan on Lebron going to Miami:"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. The interview aired on the NBC telecast of the event. "But that's ... things are different. I can't say that's a bad thing. It's an opportunity these kids have today. In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."Barkley:TNT analyst Charles Barkley said James' decision might change his legacy."He'll never be Jordan," Barkley told 790 The Ticket in Miami earlier in the week. "This clearly takes him out of the conversation. He can win as much as he wants to."There would have been something honorable about staying in Cleveland and trying to win it as 'The Man' ... LeBron, if he would've in Cleveland, and if he could've got a championship there, it would have been over the top for his legacy, just one in Cleveland. No matter how many he wins in Miami, it clearly is Dwyane Wade's team."Jordan does say it's not a bad thing, though given his position with Charlotte I wouldn't expect him to trash the free agency process. You can say we don't know if Jordan would have left if he didn't have Pippen, but you can't say he would have. Going by Jordan's own words, and knowing (as everyone does) how competitive he was, it's far more logical to assume he wouldn't have gone anywhere.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We'll never agree on this, but if you look at these numbers objectively you'll have to admit Durant is far closer to Lebron than you originally thought, and only getting better. I already believe he's much better, but I don't expect you to ever make that admission.

offensively i do think they are pretty much equals. But do you believe they are equals on the defensive side?

They are different types of defenders. Lebron, being much bigger, uses his strength and Durant uses his length. Lebron is also quicker than Durant, which helps. It's worth nothing that Lebron's block per game dipped to a career worst .3 bpg this past season. As I've said numerous times, Lebron also gets away with much more physical play than pretty much anyone, that helps. I'd probably give Lebron the edge in defense, though, as Durant is built for scoring. He's still a solid defender though, you don't average a block and a steal per game for your career if you aren't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Wiggins as the #1 pick. But I see a lot of mocks with him going 3-4. Dude has some serious ups.People seem to think that center  [whose name escapes me at the moment] will go #1, but with all those stress fracture probs, I would stay away from him.The Cavs need a good solid pick at #1. They blew it with Bennett at #1 last year. Although he may turn out to be ok, later on down the road. I hope so for their sake.  The way that team looks right now, I can't LeBron returning there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The center is Embiid, at this point there’s no chance he goes number one. The main concern with him was back problems, now he just had surgery for the same injury Yao and others had that is known for prematurely ending careers. I read a quote from one GM who said he wouldn’t even take Embiid in the top 10 at this point. It’s going to end up like Noel from last year, someone will take him and sit him his entire rookie season. My favorite prospect in the draft is Jabari Parker, he just has the look of a super star. I think he'll be averaging 25+ ppg in pretty short order, and he's also a pretty good rebounder and known for having high character. My second favorite prospect in the draft is Dante Exum, the guard from Australia. I've watched some of his interviews and he seems like a real humble kid, and he's 6'6" which reminds many people of Penny Hardaway. I believe the Magic were dead set on taking this kid, but the Embiid injury has kind of screwed them in that regard, now the rumors are that Philly might trade Michael Carter Williams and draft Exum with the third pick. For some reason I think Wiggins is going to be a bust, not sure why, something seems off about that guy to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The center is Embiid, at this point there's no chance he goes number one. The main concern with him was back problems, now he just had surgery for the same injury Yao and others had that is known for prematurely ending careers. I read a quote from one GM who said he wouldn't even take Embiid in the top 10 at this point. It's going to end up like Noel from last year, someone will take him and sit him his entire rookie season. My favorite prospect in the draft is Jabari Parker, he just has the look of a super star. I think he'll be averaging 25+ ppg in pretty short order, and he's also a pretty good rebounder and known for having high character. My second favorite prospect in the draft is Dante Exum, the guard from Australia. I've watched some of his interviews and he seems like a real humble kid, and he's 6'6" which reminds many people of Penny Hardaway. I believe the Magic were dead set on taking this kid, but the Embiid injury has kind of screwed them in that regard, now the rumors are that Philly might trade Michael Carter Williams and draft Exum with the third pick. For some reason I think Wiggins is going to be a bust, not sure why, something seems off about that guy to me.

Ya thanks, Embiid. I like Parker too. Embiid had the back surgery awhile back. Now its a stress fracture in his foot. He is going to be a risky pick for whoever takes him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not sure about Parker as a well-rounded player.  Coach K taking him off of the court on defense during the tournament spoke volumes.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’ll never be an elite defender but with his work ethic I can see him becoming at least decent. But really it doesn’t matter, anyone taking Parker is doing so because of his scoring ability, the comparison for Parker is usually Melo. Nobody would ever call Melo a good or even decent defender, but any team would take him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He'll never be an elite defender but with his work ethic I can see him becoming at least decent. But really it doesn't matter, anyone taking Parker is doing so because of his scoring ability, the comparison for Parker is usually Melo. Nobody would ever call Melo a good or even decent defender, but any team would take him.

Well, I would guess lottery teams want more than "at least decent" with their high draft pick. They want to hit it out of the park.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right, which they will with Parkers offense. Very few players are above average both offensively and defensively coming into the league. Look at Dwight, he was lost offensively coming into the league, as I stated before Carmelo isn’t a good defender, Harden, etc. Parker will be drafted in the top three because he will be an elite offensive player and he’s also a solid rebounder, anything he gives a team on the defensive end is just a bonus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right, which they will with Parkers offense. Very few players are above average both offensively and defensively coming into the league. Look at Dwight, he was lost offensively coming into the league, as I stated before Carmelo isn't a good defender, Harden, etc. Parker will be drafted in the top three because he will be an elite offensive player and he's also a solid rebounder, anything he gives a team on the defensive end is just a bonus.

Agree.  At first glance I thought you meant a decent player overall. But reading it again, I see you meant decent defender.  Its been a long day. Same time tomorrow knuckleheads.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BREAKING NEWS. MIAMI FANS OPT OUT WILL BE FREE AGENTS.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BREAKING NEWS. MIAMI FANS OPT OUT WILL BE FREE AGENTS.

LeBron and Carmelo both opt out. It will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. Riley is meeting with LeBron on Wednesday, IIRC.  So its not out of the question he stays with the Heat.  I don't think Carmelo stays with the Knicks for all the money in the world.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Something I was just thinking about, if LeBron wasn’t as good or 90-95% as good as people say he is, this many people wouldn’t hate it. Think about it this way, Carmelo Anthony has made just as much money as LeBron and pulled the same stuff LeBron has, if not worse, and no one cares enough to even hate him because he’s just not that good. He was actually drafted by a good organization (Nuggets went 38-28 in lockout shortened season AFTER Anthony left) and he actually played for a good coach (George Karl), yet he made it known he wasn’t going to re-sign with them because he wanted to play in a big market. Not just any big market. Only for the Knicks. So he pouts his way out of Denver, goes to the Knicks, and they still suck. If you put LeBron on the Knicks this past season, they’re the #3 seed in the East. With Anthony, they miss the playoffs. Now he’s opted out and more than likely going to another team. At least when LeBron orchestrates a team to build around him, IT WORKS!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A interesting top 3.1  Wiggins  Cavs2  Parker    Bucks3  Embiid    76'ersEmbiid didn't fall very much, if at all.  If only the Cavs could hit on all those #1 picks, they would be unbeatable. I like Wiggins, but Bennett has been a huge disappointment so far.  They are not far away though, Irvin, Wiggins, and if they can land LeBron, the East would be theirs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

HUUUUGE UCONN fan here pissed about Napier to the Heat. Talk about emotional highs and lows in sports. I went from thinking Kemba and Napier reunited again to having to root for the Heat. Damnit!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Looks like the rest of the Big 3 are option out according to ESPN.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Now the question is: are they Opting Out to take a paycut to help the team attract more Impact players………… or…………. ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That’s the million dollar question.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lebron wants Max money I heard, but that could be untrue, Bosh wants a 5-6 deal worth 15 million. Wade is looking for a deal with a retirement home.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lebron wants Max money I heard, but that could be untrue, Bosh wants a 5-6 deal worth 15 million. Wade is looking for a deal with a retirement home.

With Wade getting close to the rocking chair, I can't see him taking a big pay cut to keep LeBron around. I think he would be more interested in a nice deal somewhere else, where he could be the man. At least for another year or two. Someone will overpay for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wade is only guy I can’t see leaving Miami. If they all wanna play together again and have a better team they need to take big paycuts. 55 million is a lot of cap space but if you going to pay Lebron max, Bosh and Wade 15 mill a piece that money is already virtually gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wade is only guy I can't see leaving Miami. If they all wanna play together again and have a better team they need to take big paycuts. 55 million is a lot of cap space but if you going to pay Lebron max, Bosh and Wade 15 mill a piece that money is already virtually gone.

That would be a pretty hefty pay cut for Wade. He made 20 this last season. And he may be looking for a change of scenery, who knows. We will have to see how it all shakes out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of chatter about Carmelo to the Lakers.  Kobe even cut his European vacation short, to come back and try to recruit him. And they have just enough cap room to give him a max contract. A lot of speculation on if his wife would dig the LA scene though.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Melo Nash and Kobe lol. No way that team is winning jack. They would have no cap space to get any better either. Thats if Melo wants max of course. I think its Chicago or Knicks for Melo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

A lot of chatter about Carmelo to the Lakers.  Kobe even cut his European vacation short, to come back and try to recruit him. And they have just enough cap room to give him a max contract. A lot of speculation on if his wife would dig the LA scene though.

melo is a cancer. I do love how its a big story that Kobe cut his vacation short. He can go back anytime he wants.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dirk at 3 years 30 mil? Is that just a huge hometown discount or does he just not command as much anymore? Some of both i assume.  Love to see this, hope it works.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

melo is a cancer. I do love how its a big story that Kobe cut his vacation short. He can go back anytime he wants.

Well, he spends a lot of time there. He speaks the language. He likes hanging out there, no one bugs him. So I would guess he is not jetting back to LA, unless he thought there was a pretty good chance of wooing Melo.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dirk at 3 years 30 mil? Is that just a huge hometown discount or does he just not command as much anymore? Some of both i assume.  Love to see this, hope it works.

He was never in danger of going anywhere else. He and Cuban are tight. So 30mil, for a 36 year old player is not too shabby.  IMO 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Staying on topic, LeBron and the Cavs are talking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Staying on topic, LeBron and the Cavs are talking.

He is coming home  ;DAnd the most of the Heat fan base is gone.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I just want to hear more interviews such as, “it’s not about the money, i just want to win. Also, I wont sign for anything less than max, I deserve it.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The superstar players get the worst deal in the NBA. If there were no salary cap nor CBA, LeBron James would make $40+ million per season because he’s that much more valuable than anyone else. But then when it’s time for him to get paid whatever the rules will allow, people say he shouldn’t accept as much as he can so his team can afford to pay other players, yet Gordon Hayward just got offered a 4-year contract guaranteeing him $63 million and that barely makes the crawler. The contract LeBron James signed in 2010 paid him $70 million over 4 years. There’s no way in hell Gordon Hayward should be making 90% of what LeBron James made. Mid level players in the NBA are so overpaid it’s not even funny.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Some believe Lebron left Cleveland because of management, well, if this report is true that theory goes out the window:http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2014/07/09/sheridans-top-25-free-agents-july-9-edition/The Decision has been made. LeBron James is returning to the Cleveland Cavaliers, a league source tells SheridanHoops.com.James met with Miami Heat president Pat Riley today in Las Vegas to deliver the news. A contingent of other Heat officials were informed they were not welcome at the meeting, according to a source who spoke on condition of anonymity.An official announcement will be made on http://www.lebronjames.com, as I first reported yesterday.Not official yet, but it's getting close.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I heard Riley asked for 1 more day before announcing his decision and Lebron agreed. So we should hear tomorrow. Hopefully he doesn’t drag this on again. We are also talking with the TWolves about a KLove trade once Lebron agrees to terms. I would hope they wouldn’t just trade for Love with no extension.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah it’s going to be strange seeing Wiggins get traded so fast. There’s no way Minnesota accepts a deal without him in it. My guess is it will be Wiggins and Thompson, maybe more.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The superstar players get the worst deal in the NBA. If there were no salary cap nor CBA, LeBron James would make $40+ million per season because he's that much more valuable than anyone else. But then when it's time for him to get paid whatever the rules will allow, people say he shouldn't accept as much as he can so his team can afford to pay other players, yet Gordon Hayward just got offered a 4-year contract guaranteeing him $63 million and that barely makes the crawler. The contract LeBron James signed in 2010 paid him $70 million over 4 years. There's no way in hell Gordon Hayward should be making 90% of what LeBron James made. Mid level players in the NBA are so overpaid it's not even funny.

hard to swallow that 4 years and 90 mil is considered a worst deal.Stars have different choices...make as much as you can OR play with the best team possible.  I love the irony in melo saying its all about winning but also not accepting less .

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If lebron goes back to Miami, I hope he loses big. If lebron goes to the cavs, I will root for the guy.  If dwade takes the max, I hope Miami rots. I want melo to sign with the lakers just to sink that ship further. Would like to see bosh in Houston, that would be interesting.And I'd really like to see cleveland change their colors and logo again, they just keep picking ugly. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t think it matters where Lebron goes, he’s not winning a championship next season. With Miami it would be the same story, no bench and Wade another year older. With Cleveland if they stick with Irving/Wiggins/Lebron, that’s not getting past even the Pacers or Bulls IMO, and certainly not past SA/Houston/OKC/Dallas in the Finals. Even if they trade Wiggins and acquire Love, that’s not getting it done either. They’ll be a good team, but not a championship caliber team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

i dont know basketball as well as you guys do, but i could see irving-lebron-love making some serious noise.  add a couple outside shooters on the cheap.pacers look to be remolding bigtime, especially if the hibbert rumors are true.bulls seem to be just treading water.spurs will be an injury question mark.the rest of the west certainly lookis interesting.funny, watching ESPN and a miami heat reporter doesnt think lebron fits well in cleveland...because kyrie isnt a catch and shoot player.  ironic.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are rumors that Cleveland is already contacting Ray Allen and Mike Miller, I can see them landing at least one of them, which will help. The Spurs are rumored to have a very good chance of landing Gasol, which makes them even stronger. I’ve counted them out for years, after last season I’m through counting them out until their main players are retired lol. With the Bulls it obviously depends on if Rose stays healthy. The team I really like is Dallas, especially if Houston doesn't match the Parsons offer. Ellis/Carter/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler is a pretty good lineup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

. The team I really like is Dallas, especially if Houston doesn't match the Parsons offer. Ellis/Carter/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler is a pretty good lineup.

i like Cuban, but just realized that team is about the same age as the spurs!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah it's going to be strange seeing Wiggins get traded so fast. There's no way Minnesota accepts a deal without him in it. My guess is it will be Wiggins and Thompson, maybe more.

I don't think the Cavs will trade Irving or Wiggins. Thompson is sorta untouchable too, but not because of talent. His agent is also Lebron agent and that relationship is what is really helping the Cavs case here. I think they will offer Waiters, Bennett, picks. They mave also agree to take Kevin Martin crappy contract on as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No more LeDrama

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah it's going to be strange seeing Wiggins get traded so fast. There's no way Minnesota accepts a deal without him in it. My guess is it will be Wiggins and Thompson, maybe more.

I don't think the Cavs will trade Irving or Wiggins. Thompson is sorta untouchable too, but not because of talent. His agent is also Lebron agent and that relationship is what is really helping the Cavs case here. I think they will offer Waiters, Bennett, picks. They mave also agree to take Kevin Martin crappy contract on as well.

There's no way Minnesota gives up Love for Waiters and one of the biggest draft busts in the past 10 years. That's a horrible trade for them, no chance. Teams are going to line up to land Love, they already are, I'd go as far as saying Waiters and Bennett would be the worst offer they'll receive from anyone. You also have to think about it from Minnesota's perspective, they know Cleveland is desperate to land Love to appease Lebron. This just gives them even more leverage. I believe it will take Wiggins/Thompson and several picks to get the deal done.

Please wait…

• majbodoh

Participant

I wouldn't say Thompson is untouchable unless the kid can play center. If the Cavs make a deal, Kevin Love starts at PF and Thompson drops to the bench. He would e an excellent bench player, but at the minute he's an asset they could use to land a so-called star player that could help them form a new big three.Same goes for Wiggins. The kid can play SG and SF, and would likely start at SG between Kyrie and LeBron. However, if the deal to get Love includes him, then so be it because they still have Waiters to play SG. If they take Kevin Martin in the deal, he can play SG as well. So while Wiggins does have all star potential, he has never played in the NBA whereas Waiters and Martin have. Waiters averages 15 ppg, and Martin averages all but 18 ppg on career averages. Last season Martin averaged 19 ppg, and has a good record as a 3 point specialist. So a Martin/Waiters rotation at SG gives them a very appealing option. Remember these guys would likely be the fourth choice on the floor behind Kyrie, Love and LeBron.Now if they can pull off a deal that let's them keep Thompson and Wiggins, then that would be great for them. A Wiggins/Martin rotation at SG, and Love/Thompson at PF, would give them an immense starting line up and 2nd line up off the bench. But personally unless the T-Wolves really like Waiters, Bennett and first round picks in the late 20s, then I think one of Thompson or Wiggins will go in the deal.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think you trade wiggins in a heartbeat when you have lebron.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's no way Minnesota gives up Love for Waiters and one of the biggest draft busts in the past 10 years. That's a horrible trade for them, no chance. Teams are going to line up to land Love, they already are, I'd go as far as saying Waiters and Bennett would be the worst offer they'll receive from anyone. You also have to think about it from Minnesota's perspective, they know Cleveland is desperate to land Love to appease Lebron. This just gives them even more leverage. I believe it will take Wiggins/Thompson and several picks to get the deal done.

I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love tbh. As good as Love is, I love the upside Wiggins has. Bennett had a rough year, but he started playing better at the end of the year. Its too early to call him a bust. Also Love would need to sign a extension before Cavs would consider anything I assume. I'd like to see us go after Okafor if Lebron comes. He is a solid center and would be our rim protector.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love tbh. As good as Love is, I love the upside Wiggins has.

upside as what? Hes an athlete more than a shooter, right? Lebron needs shooters imo. I would think  Lebron wants to win now, not develop wiggins. But the reports do say wiggins was told he wouldn't be dealt.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love tbh. As good as Love is, I love the upside Wiggins has.

upside as what? Hes an athlete more than a shooter, right? Lebron needs shooters imo. I would think  Lebron wants to win now, not develop wiggins. But the reports do say wiggins was told he wouldn't be dealt.

Lebron also values defense which Love has not shown at all so far. Wiggins was a solid defender in college and should develop his jump shot in the NBA. A lot of players come needing to work on that. Wiggins is on a rookie contract for a long time, while Waiters will need to be extended soon enough.I'm not sure what the Twolves want, but Waiters is a solid start to the trade IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wouldn't trade Wiggins for Love tbh. As good as Love is, I love the upside Wiggins has. Bennett had a rough year, but he started playing better at the end of the year. Its too early to call him a bust. Also Love would need to sign a extension before Cavs would consider anything I assume. I'd like to see us go after Okafor if Lebron comes. He is a solid center and would be our rim protector.

I think Cleveland does it because in the playoffs you can rely on Love more than Wiggins, at least right now. Wiggins could develop very quickly, but Love is a sure thing. I can see the argument both ways though, it's tough to think about giving up a guy you just drafted. I just don't think Waiters and Bennett is nearly enough, and any draft pick Cleveland gives up is going to be a low one. The best way to make it work might be including a third team, that's why the ESPN trade machine is fun to mess around with, trying to figure that stuff out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would likely need a 3rd team willing to take on Kevin Martin contract. Which is pretty bad and 3 years long, dunno if we could find a suitor willing to commit to a contract that long. 76ers have a  lot cap space still and want picks.They could trade Andy I suppose to equal out the contracts. Which in return Andy would be bought out and return to the Cavs. http://dimemag.com/2014/07/video-andrew-wiggins-ferocious-dunk-at-cavs-summer-league-practice/  :oI'm gonna be so disappointed if we trade Wiggins though. But if brings us a championship, o well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Something like this could work…http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=npz7q4bYou get a good replacement SG, you get Love, and you get a very promising center prospect. Utah would probably want a 1st rounder from one or both teams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Something like this could work...http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=npz7q4bYou get a good replacement SG, you get Love, and you get a very promising center prospect. Utah would probably want a 1st rounder from one or both teams.

I'd do that trade in a heart beat. Cavs screwed up passing on Dieng last year. I doubt TWolves would be willing to part with him. But I'd do that trade without him involved too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There are rumors that Cleveland is already contacting Ray Allen and Mike Miller, I can see them landing at least one of them, which will help. The Spurs are rumored to have a very good chance of landing Gasol, which makes them even stronger. I've counted them out for years, after last season I'm through counting them out until their main players are retired lol. With the Bulls it obviously depends on if Rose stays healthy. The team I really like is Dallas, especially if Houston doesn't match the Parsons offer. Ellis/Carter/Parsons/Dirk/Chandler is a pretty good lineup.

The Spurs just extended Popovich [sp?] so they will be in the thick of things for years to come. The guy is amazing. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Would likely need a 3rd team willing to take on Kevin Martin contract. Which is pretty bad and 3 years long, dunno if we could find a suitor willing to commit to a contract that long. 76ers have a  lot cap space still and want picks.They could trade Andy I suppose to equal out the contracts. Which in return Andy would be bought out and return to the Cavs. http://dimemag.com/2014/07/video-andrew-wiggins-ferocious-dunk-at-cavs-summer-league-practice/  :oI'm gonna be so disappointed if we trade Wiggins though. But if brings us a championship, o well.

Ya, I like Wiggins, and I wasn't the least bit surprised he went  #1. If he pans out, and Bennett turns things around, plus Irving, its a nice very young team. I would do it if I was the LeBron. What a hero he would be in the buckeye state.

Please wait…

Viewing 158 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.