Viewing 139 reply threads

• Author

• buccaneer4ever

Participant

Los Angeles – OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network announced today a new multi-part documentary series following the life of Michael Sam, who made history when he became the first openly gay football player drafted into the NFL by the St. Louis Rams.  OWN partners with Emmy-winning producer Craig Piligian’s Pilgrim Studios and Emmy-nominated filmmaker Amy Rice (“Lindsay,” “By The People: The Election of Barack Obama”) to produce “The Untitled Michael Sam Project” (working title) which spotlights the former University of Missouri football player and his historic journey as he prepares to enter the biggest professional sports league in America.This special documentary series will feature a deeply personal, up-close look at the remarkable man at the center of this groundbreaking moment in professional sports, as the All-American defensive end and SEC Co-Defensive Player of the Year enters the competitive world of professional football.  Cameras will follow Sam as he works to earn his spot on the St. Louis Rams all while under the intense scrutiny of being the first openly gay player in the NFL.“We are honored that Michael is trusting us with his private journey in this moment that has not only made history but will shape it forever,” said Oprah Winfrey.  “I am proud of the focus on authentic storytelling in our new documentary series format.  The next real-life story we follow in ‘The Untitled Michael Sam Project’ promises to spark valuable, important discussion on life in America today.  Acceptance and illumination start here.” “Like every player out there working to make a team right now, my focus is on playing football to the very best of my ability,” said Sam.  "I am determined. And if seeing my story helps somebody else accept who they are and to go for their dreams too, that’s great.  I am thankful to Oprah for her support and excited to work together.”“The Untitled Michael Sam Project” is produced with OWN by Pilgrim Studios and is executive produced by Craig Piligian, Nicholas Caprio and Johnny Gould.  Amy Rice, Ralph Wikke and Mitch Rosa are co-executive producers.  Cameron Weiss, Joe Barkett and Howard Bragman are producers.For more information, please visit http://www.oprah.com/own and for images visit http://press.discovery.com/us/own/.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Make it stop.

Please wait…

• meassick

Participant

Please make it stop !  Glad he isn’t a Buc !  Sideshow

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that’s so gay.#jambroni

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only women and gays watch Oprah’s network anyway, so who cares?    (I’m not surprised the OP knew about this though)

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I never hated gay people before Micheal Sam. He is working hard to change my opinion….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

here’s the deal…hate it but he’s probably guaranteed millions.  So whether his football career makes he’ll get paid.  Book deals…movie deals.  Smart actually.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

RuPaul is a hero too.He should be getting congratulatory telephone calls too, imo.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s nothing wrong with gays.    The crime rate would be less if there were more of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch David Alan Grier with Adam Corrola doing his Teddy Pendergrass impersonation.  That isht is HILLARIOUS!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This guy is a clown. Didn’t he beg for privacy? Now he wants all this attention, make up your mind dude.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good thing he is focused on football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watch David Alan Grier with Adam Corrola doing his Teddy Pendergrass impersonation.  That isht is HILLARIOUS!!

I never knew that Teddy Pendergrass was paralyzed in a car accident where he was getting a bj from a tranny.    That guy was freakier than Michael Sam.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

this is bad!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hopefully it strikes out faster than Beyonce’s sister…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So much for him wanting his story to be all about football and just to be known as another guy on the team. But is anyone really surprised about this? Wonder if the Rams knew about this before drafting him?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So much for him wanting his story to be all about football and just to be known as another guy on the team. But is anyone really surprised about this? Wonder if the Rams knew about this before drafting him?

No they didn't.  It is unfortunate he chose to take this path because it makes him a sideshow and not just a football player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

here's the deal...hate it but he's probably guaranteed millions.  So whether his football career makes he'll get paid.  Book deals...movie deals.  Smart actually.

Smart business move, yes. But not a smart move if we wants to focus on just making the team.Being the subject of a show is a job in itself. Not smart, IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He won’t make the team anyway.  He sucks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate Oprah

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hate Oprah

All straight men do. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So what you guys care to much. It’s pushed in our faces because we care. No gay marriage. Posts talking about how nasty it is. Most don’t accept it that’s why they do things like this.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wonder if the Rams knew about this before drafting him?

Cut. His. Ass.He's worse than the CMG!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cut. His. Ass.He's worse than the CMG!

They can't cut him or they will be sued for being prejudiced against gays.  They are stuck with him for at least 20 years now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unbelievable. I can’t imagine the outrage from all these morons in the media once the Rams cut him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question. Why do y’all think Sam is a bad football player and not a high motor lunch pail player?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question. Why do y'all think Sam is a bad football player and not a high motor lunch pail player?

a high motor lunch pail guy like DTN?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sam isn’t even the first gay in the league.  Check the end of this video out.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhHZoPyJo44&app=desktop

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Question. Why do y'all think Sam is a bad football player and not a high motor lunch pail player?

a high motor lunch pail guy like DTN?

Sure he's one player that fits. Really any player with okay combine numbers but relentless on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is the kind of crap that made me think he wasn’t a player worth drafting.He can be gay all he wants, but he was obviously going to be a distraction. Whether he wanted to be or not, he was going to be made into one.This just makes it worse for them. If I'm them, I'm asking the question, ..do we pay you to be some champion of gay rights, or play football?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he was a Buc, you could see this in the Bucs locker room after every game.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuSXGE5trPE

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If homosexuals want to be treated as anyone else, why not act like it instead of being an attention whore.Ready for the shtstorm when he gets cut

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If homosexuals want to be treated as anyone else, why not act like it instead of being an attention whore.Ready for the shtstorm when he gets cut

Blame it on society. Being gay is seen as not normal and a bad act so they don't get treated like everyone else. It's the main reason things like this happen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Blame it on society. Being gay is seen as not normal and a bad act so they don't get treated like everyone else. It's the main reason things like this happen.

Really?  Blame it on society?  You don't see that kind of crap in Uganda and gay is not seen as normal in Uganda either.  The problem is in the US, our society is too accepting of their behavior.  They know they can get away with it, so they do.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

here's the deal...hate it but he's probably guaranteed millions.  So whether his football career makes he'll get paid.  Book deals...movie deals.  Smart actually.

This. Regardless of whether you like the move or not, at the end of the day he is a 7th round pick at a very deep position on a particular team. The odds of him making the team are not very high at all. He's got an additional source of income that will come in handy for him should he not make the team. Not a single one of you would turn down an offer like that. Sure, its going to result in us being occasionally exposed to a swarm of self-righteous liberals wafting in their own farts, but at the end of the day this is a kid with a very rough upbringing who is just trying to guarantee his future and I see nothing wrong with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Really?  Blame it on society?  You don't see that kind of crap in Uganda and gay is not seen as normal in Uganda either.  The problem is in the US, our society is too accepting of their behavior.  They know they can get away with it, so they do.

Well he said he was "openly gay". Can't get more open than a cake filled kiss.  :-*

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually you do see it in Uganda, and people are murdered for it. Maybe that sounds ideal to your internet personality? Or does it appeal to you as a man? I do think it's wrong for people to completely ignore the view of "anti-gay" folk and people who just have not been exposed to gay people because they have some legitimate fears and concerns that need to be addressed and talked about. You  took it too far because you're too intelligent not to know that people are murdered for their sexuality around the world and in places like Uganda where homosexuality is criminalized.And surprise! It also happens in the states! Mostly to people of color and women--who tend to be the poorest of Americans--are murdered for it. Funny how racism and sexism and poverty are tied into it, huh? So, maybe it can be blamed on society.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That depends.  Does he actually want a football career or not?  If he doesn't make the team, a lot of these deals go away... granted, not immediately, but they will go away.  Odds are that if he gets "millions", that'll be a low "millions".  After Uncle Sam, his agent, publicist, etc... get there hands in it, the guy will need a job in a few years.  His best bet is to not make a spectacle of it now and focus on football.  If the show is all about how he's preparing himself for camp then leaving everything behind, then that's fine.... but if they plan on dragging this out through camp, it'll only be a distraction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

only women and gays watch Oprah's network anyway, so who cares?    (I'm not surprised the OP knew about this though)

It was on ESPNRadio.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’ll make the team for at least a year.  They stated on ESPN that 47 of 48 7th round picks last year are still on their team.  Rams line is too deep, he’ll either be on the practice squad for a year or two, or if lucky, he shows really good special teams skills that propels him into the top 53.  And while on the practice squad, who knows, maybe some other team gets into line trouble during the year and takes a chance on him. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah he’s for sure going to make the team. Their hands are all but tied, it would be ugly if they cut him… 7th round pick or not.I'm just sick of half of nfl network's programming being about him. I could care less that he's gay, he's a 7th round pick and he's all they want to talk about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah he's for sure going to make the team. Their hands are all but tied, it would be ugly if they cut him... 7th round pick or not.I'm just sick of half of nfl network's programming being about him. I could care less that he's gay, he's a 7th round pick and he's all they want to talk about.

That doesn't make any sense.  Rams are the only team to risk a draft pick on him already knowing he's gay.  So if he does get cut this year, reasonable people will understand it's because of performance alone.  It would have been a possible issue if he came out during OTAs or training camp.  But since he's already out, if the Rams didn't want them on their team because he's gay, they just wouldn't have drafted him.  But again, because such a high percentage of 7th round picks make the team at least for one year anyway, that's why he'll be on at least the practice squad, not because the Rams are worried about a PR backlash.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah he's for sure going to make the team. Their hands are all but tied, it would be ugly if they cut him... 7th round pick or not.I'm just sick of half of nfl network's programming being about him. I could care less that he's gay, he's a 7th round pick and he's all they want to talk about.

That doesn't make any sense.  Rams are the only team to risk a draft pick on him already knowing he's gay.  So if he does get cut this year, reasonable people will understand it's because of performance alone. 

Yeah, lots of people on here don't seem to be able to grasp that concept.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This. Regardless of whether you like the move or not, at the end of the day he is a 7th round pick at a very deep position on a particular team. The odds of him making the team are not very high at all. He's got an additional source of income that will come in handy for him should he not make the team. Not a single one of you would turn down an offer like that. Sure, its going to result in us being occasionally exposed to a swarm of self-righteous liberals wafting in their own farts, but at the end of the day this is a kid with a very rough upbringing who is just trying to guarantee his future and I see nothing wrong with that.

Good points.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually you do see it in Uganda, and people are murdered for it. Maybe that sounds ideal to your internet personality? Or does it appeal to you as a man? I do think it's wrong for people to completely ignore the view of "anti-gay" folk and people who just have not been exposed to gay people because they have some legitimate fears and concerns that need to be addressed and talked about. You  took it too far because you're too intelligent not to know that people are murdered for their sexuality around the world and in places like Uganda where homosexuality is criminalized.

Uganda is the perfect place for Java the Jackass.http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2014/05/15/uganda-groups-report-surge-in-gay-rights-abusesKAMPALA, Uganda (AP) — Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International are reporting a surge in the rights violations of gay people in Uganda following the enactment of a severe anti-gay law.The rights groups said in a statement Thursday that LGBTI people face "a notable increase in arbitrary arrests, police abuse and extortion, loss of employment, evictions and homelessness."The groups say scores have fled the country.In February Uganda's president enacted a bill that strengthened criminal penalties against gay sex, despite widespread international condemnation of the measure.The new law allows jail terms of up to life for those convicted of engaging in gay sex.Gay leaders say the measure has sent many underground in a country where known homosexuals face severe discrimination and even attacks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Actually you do see it in Uganda, and people are murdered for it. Maybe that sounds ideal to your internet personality? Or does it appeal to you as a man? I do think it's wrong for people to completely ignore the view of "anti-gay" folk and people who just have not been exposed to gay people because they have some legitimate fears and concerns that need to be addressed and talked about. You  took it too far because you're too intelligent not to know that people are murdered for their sexuality around the world and in places like Uganda where homosexuality is criminalized.

Uganda is the perfect place for Java the Jackass.http://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2014/05/15/uganda-groups-report-surge-in-gay-rights-abusesKAMPALA, Uganda (AP) — Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International are reporting a surge in the rights violations of gay people in Uganda following the enactment of a severe anti-gay law.The rights groups said in a statement Thursday that LGBTI people face "a notable increase in arbitrary arrests, police abuse and extortion, loss of employment, evictions and homelessness."The groups say scores have fled the country.In February Uganda's president enacted a bill that strengthened criminal penalties against gay sex, despite widespread international condemnation of the measure.The new law allows jail terms of up to life for those convicted of engaging in gay sex.Gay leaders say the measure has sent many underground in a country where known homosexuals face severe discrimination and even attacks.

So what?Its up to society to set their own moral standards on what is acceptable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sums it up perfectly….http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_MLi2wAfdM

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Here is a clip from Michael Sam’s reality show on the O Network.  :)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7IW1mbaIlIc

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

Seriously, who cares about his sexual preference? Just play football. He’s hurting himself by coming out as gay and saying he just wants to be accepted as is, but then he’s calling extra attention to himself for being what he is. Sorry, but you can’t have it both ways.The guy was brave for coming out and announcing this to the world. But if you want people to just treat you like a football player, then stop calling extra attention on yourself for being gay. If someone wants to be -- or is gay -- who cares? But you don't have to agree with it either. I don't agree with being gay, but there are plenty of things I don't agree with that people do, but that doesn't stop me from being friends with them or associating with them. Same applies here. Hopefully, in time Michael Sam will be known as a football player for the Rams, not the gay football player for the Rams. He will have to help make that happen, though. Right now he's not helping himself IMO.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What?!?!?…8eb717d4253dc896def467911c7dc773_400x400.pngNo Jay Z updates?!?!?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No one gives a crap who he is sleeping with but THIS is the “shoving it down our throat” thing that people don’t want.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just don’t watch the show and quit cackling like a bunch of hens…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sums it up perfectly....

Great. A lot of people need to start worrying about something else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The new law allows jail terms of up to life for those convicted of engaging in gay sex.Gay leaders say the measure has sent many underground in a country where known homosexuals face severe discrimination and even attacks.

So what?Its up to society to set their own moral standards on what is acceptable.

Glad we don't let the majority rule in this country. If Alabama decides they want to outlaw interracial marriage again, should they be allowed to do it since "society" is setting a standard?{Ignore the fact that it won't happen because of the SC and equal rights.}Some people will never get it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The new law allows jail terms of up to life for those convicted of engaging in gay sex.Gay leaders say the measure has sent many underground in a country where known homosexuals face severe discrimination and even attacks.

Glad we don't let the majority rule in this country. If Alabama decides they want to outlaw interracial marriage again, should they be allowed to do it since "society" is setting a standard?{Ignore the fact that it won't happen because of the SC and equal rights.}Some people will never get it.

Obviously it is you that "does not get it ".Who are you to think your opinion is of higher value than someone else?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Sam may feel that he is “paving the way” for any future players to be openly gay, but I think he is actually hurting them.  The first openly gay football player drafted doesn’t appear to be focusing purely on football like he said he intended to, but is instead making a spectacle of himself.  The next guy to come along that is openly gay will not only have to deal with the stigma of being gay but also teams’ fear that he will drag the circus into town with him like Michael Sam did.I think society as a whole (in this country atleast) is more accepting of things than it is given credit for.  People just tend to listen to a few bigmouths and assume everyone agrees with them.  The best thing Michael Sam can do right now for the gay community is to shut his mouth, get his head out of the clouds and into his playbook, and be a damn football player.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Says the man who bemoaned Al Gore not becoming President because he won the popular vote.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right? Back in the 40's when Germany was killing Jews for being Jews they were just setting their moral standards until those darned Americans pushed THEIR morals on them! Human rights violations should be handled by each country on its own. Like in North Korea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right? Back in the 40's when Germany was killing Jews for being Jews they were just setting their moral standards until those darned Americans pushed THEIR morals on them! Human rights violations should be handled by each country on its own. Like in North Korea.

I'll bite..Syria is using chemical weapons on their own people.North Korea executes and enslaves their own people daily.If your view was correct, why has the USA not stepped in and helped for the sake of humanity?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought this was a good read. Has several good points to it.http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/05/12/homophobic-rant-michael-sam/2/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Sam may feel that he is "paving the way" for any future players to be openly gay, but I think he is actually hurting them.  The first openly gay football player drafted doesn't appear to be focusing purely on football like he said he intended to, but is instead making a spectacle of himself.  The next guy to come along that is openly gay will not only have to deal with the stigma of being gay but also teams' fear that he will drag the circus into town with him like Michael Sam did.I think society as a whole (in this country atleast) is more accepting of things than it is given credit for.  People just tend to listen to a few bigmouths and assume everyone agrees with them.  The best thing Michael Sam can do right now for the gay community is to shut his mouth, get his head out of the clouds and into his playbook, and be a damn football player.  Nothing more, nothing less.

BINGO

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thought this was a good read. Has several good points to it.http://themattwalshblog.com/2014/05/12/homophobic-rant-michael-sam/2/

He made alot of great points.  Homosexuality IMO has nothing to do with equality but acceptance.  If you don't agree your automatically considered predudiced.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope he joins the CMG… and also tries to become the 1st openly gay astronaut during the off-season…..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He didn’t tell the Rams… http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24563838/report-michael-sam-didnt-tell-rams-about-oprah-documentary-planCouldn't be happier he's not on a team I care about. What a gigantic distraction and polarizing figure he's going to become.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll bite..Syria is using chemical weapons on their own people.North Korea executes and enslaves their own people daily.If your view was correct, why has the USA not stepped in and helped for the sake of humanity?

$$$

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe there is a valid point here.I wonder if another openly christian player, like tebow, would get thought twice about now?Idk though. I live in the belief that my philosophy is my own, and that I shouldn't endorse my own beliefs unless asked about them.I like the ladies, ..a lot, but you don't see me running around, screaming to the world that I like them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I wonder how this reacts to players posting images of them with hot women. Announcing their sexual conquests to the world.Personally I'd prefer twitter and instagram to disintegrate into mush, but ayy lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He is a seventh rounder, most of them don’t make the teams. What if he doesn't make the team?   What if he makes the only because of the circus this has created?Just some questions to throw out there...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Michael Sam may feel that he is "paving the way" for any future players to be openly gay, but I think he is actually hurting them.  The first openly gay football player drafted doesn't appear to be focusing purely on football like he said he intended to, but is instead making a spectacle of himself.  The next guy to come along that is openly gay will not only have to deal with the stigma of being gay but also teams' fear that he will drag the circus into town with him like Michael Sam did.I think society as a whole (in this country atleast) is more accepting of things than it is given credit for.  People just tend to listen to a few bigmouths and assume everyone agrees with them.  The best thing Michael Sam can do right now for the gay community is to shut his mouth, get his head out of the clouds and into his playbook, and be a damn football player.  Nothing more, nothing less.

I fully agree. People generally don't like an attention whore....that's evident right here on this board.

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

I think the rams need a distraction from this distraction. They should sign tebow. :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I fully agree. People generally don't like an attention whore....that's evident right here on this board.

+2

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Tebow used to start every media encounter by thanking Jesus. If Sam was starting every interview by reminding everyone he was gay, then I would agree with the argument. 

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Tebow used to start every media encounter by thanking Jesus. If Sam was starting every interview by reminding everyone he was gay, then I would agree with the argument.

That’s essentially what he is doing with this reality show. Trying to remind us every second he is gay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couldn't be happier he's not on a team I care about. What a gigantic distraction and polarizing figure he's going to become.

Yep. So glad he's playing QB for the Browns and not us.  :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That's essentially what he is doing with this reality show. Trying to remind us every second he is gay.

Or he's cashing in on the opportunity.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remeber how much I used to like Ellen Degeneris before she came out. Then every 5 seconds, she brought it up and to me, it was like, I got it the first time you said it, so your business is your business. Now she is just Ellen and a warm, wonderful person to enjoy that has a different sexual orientation than me. I don’t need to know you are gay, Muslim, Republican, etc. every time we speak. I respect everyone’s views, religion, sexual orientation, political affilitaions, I just don’t need to be reminded of it every time I encounter the person.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I remeber how much I used to like Ellen Degeneris before she came out. Then every 5 seconds, she brought it up and to me, it was like, I got it the first time you said it, so your business is your business. Now she is just Ellen and a warm, wonderful person to enjoy that has a different sexual orientation than me. I don't need to know you are gay, Muslim, Republican, etc. every time we speak. I respect everyone's views, religion, sexual orientation, political affilitaions, I just don't need to be reminded of it every time I encounter the person.

The issue lies in general acceptance.  White guys don't need to start out...hey I'm a white guy.  Again, it is all perspective.  I can understand not wanting to hide either.  Ond day it won't matter...we're not there yet.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who the hell is Michael Sam? Honestly I don’t care what this media driven diva says or wants.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who the hell is Michael Sam? Honestly I don't care what this media driven diva says or wants.

A diva is Ochocinco. Come on man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least Ochocinco was a good football player

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At least Ochocinco was a good football player

Give the guy a chance to prove he can play. Chad wasn't good coming into the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sam is trying to show the doubters that you can be openly gay and not have that hurt anything. That fearing a gay guy is ridiculous. Whether he pans out as a good football player is irrelevant.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chad Johnson had more talent than Michael Sam, hence he was not a seventh round draft pick and last I checked Chad Johnson was a ProBowl player before he became a diva. Michael Sam says he wants to be known as a football player and not be a distraction well them just shut the hell up and play football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chad Johnson had more talent than Michael Sam, hence he was not a seventh round draft pick and last I checked Chad Johnson was a ProBowl player before he became a diva. Michael Sam says he wants to be known as a football player and not be a distraction well them just shut the hell up and play football.

Chad was always a diva I know him personally but he's a cool guy not like T.O. The only reason Sam fell to the 7th was due to him being gay and the combine. Guys like Vilma causing his stock to drop. Sam is your average hard working high motor player. Also I don't get the reality show distraction BS when you look around the league most players are doing commercials and reality shows. Eric decker had a reality show and not one complaint was made because he's not gay and his wife is hot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sam WAS going to be quiet, but he has a unique position in helping other gay men that want to be football players have some hope and he’s embracing it. I had a gay friend in high school who would have been a great nickel corner. But hey, welcome to Alabama haha

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Decker wasn’t a 7th round pick getting pimped out by ESPN or having his own press conference. I could care less if he is gay. I just think Sam is using this to make as much money as he can. Again, I could care less that he is gay. What are we gonna keep stats for most sacks by a gay player? Football is football no matter if you are gay, straight, Catholic, Baptist, etc. Sam shouldn’t be excluded because he is gay but he shouldn’t also be entitled because he is gay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Decker wasn't a 7th round pick getting pimped out by ESPN or having his own press conference. I could care less if he is gay. I just think Sam is using this to make as much money as he can. Again, I could care less that he is gay. What are we gonna keep stats for most sacks by a gay player? Football is football no matter if you are gay, straight, Catholic, Baptist, etc. Sam shouldn't be excluded because he is gay but he shouldn't also be entitled because he is gay.

You could care less but the majority see it as a problem. A lot of people don't like gay people and this being a male only sport made it much worse. If Sam is using his gayness to get more money...good for him he's promoting his image like other players do. Camp hasn't started yet, I'm sure the guy will be ready for football. He was a all American, sec co defensive of the year, and first team all sec.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Decker wasn't a 7th round pick getting pimped out by ESPN or having his own press conference. I could care less if he is gay. I just think Sam is using this to make as much money as he can. Again, I could care less that he is gay. What are we gonna keep stats for most sacks by a gay player? Football is football no matter if you are gay, straight, Catholic, Baptist, etc. Sam shouldn't be excluded because he is gay but he shouldn't also be entitled because he is gay.

It sounds like you're jealous of the attention he's getting. Like a first born child living with a younger sibling.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pimping him out and cramming him down our throats is not gonna make him more accepted. Those that are totally anti Sam will continue to be and those in the middle and willing to let his actions on the field speak for them are gonna get sick and tired of Michael Sam this and Michael Sam that. He is one of thousands of NFL players so just because he is gay does not make him better than all those other players. Sam said he wants to be one of the guys and make a team due to his football talent yet he can’t seem to get away from the cameras so isn’t that him being a hypocrite? He doesn’t have to do this and I get it he is jumping on an opportunity because he is not a sure thing to make it in the NFL. He can whine all he wants that being gay knocked down his draft position but as many have stated his college game does not translate that well to the NFL. He is a chase rush end and he is undersized. He had a very nice career at Mizzou but again is this about football or being gay?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m not jealous as I won’t follow him one way or the other. I’m not a Mizzou fan and not a Rams fan. I just don’t need Michael Sam dominated talks just like I don’t need to hear about Johnny Manziel. It was disgusting how Gruden was drooling all over the guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t imagine Jeff Fisher is too happy about this announcement of a reality show and the distraction it will bring especially if he didn’t know beforehand. And wonder how long it will take for the team veterans to get tired of having to answer questions like – Are you nervous undressing in front of a gay man? Do you avoid showering with him? How do you feel having a gay teammate? Cause you know they will be asked every day from some media idiot or the Oprah staff. That’s what will cause the most friction in the team because none of them want to be constantly bombarded like that just like the Tebow circus. That’s what could turn them against Sam more than he’s gay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cramming down your throat? Lmao. Turn off ESPN for a day and he’s gone. Try living as an irreligious person in Bible belt. A church on almost every street. Advertisements to come to church on billboards and the radio. Many religious folks assume there’s something wrong with someone that doesn’t follow their faith. THAT is being crammed down your throat. Maybe you should watch the OWN less? lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't imagine Jeff Fisher is too happy about this announcement of a reality show and the distraction it will bring especially if he didn't know beforehand. And wonder how long it will take for the team veterans to get tired of having to answer questions like - Are you nervous undressing in front of a gay man? Do you avoid showering with him? How do you feel having a gay teammate? Cause you know they will be asked every day from some media idiot or the Oprah staff. That's what will cause the most friction in the team because none of them want to be constantly bombarded like that just like the Tebow circus. That's what could turn them against Sam more than he's gay.

That's what we have to deal with unfortunately. I hope by 2020 it's a non issue. But we still have racists roaming around, so who knows. Meh.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cramming down your throat? Lmao. Turn off ESPN for a day and he's gone.

So your solution is to stop watching sports altogether and let gays take them over?  I don't agree with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cramming down your throat? Lmao. Turn off ESPN for a day and he's gone.

So your solution is to stop watching sports altogether and let gays take them over?  I don't agree with that.

If you want to avoid Sam, Tebow, Manziel or media darling of the month, turn off the 24/7 news.And how are Tebow and Manziel gay?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason it’s being shoved down your throats is because being gay for most of American history (and of course in other countries) meant that you were an underground, persected minority. Only very recently that has of course changed.  But think about this:No current player in the NFL has come out as gay!  THINK ABOUT THAT. We know there have been lots of gay players in the NFL right now (current and recently retired players have said as much), some have even come out after, but none have had the guts to do it while playing. It's hypocritical to then say "Well it's not a big deal, just don't shove it down our throats". If it wasn't a big deal, this would have happened decades ago.Or let's look at it another way. You have players that have beaten their wives/girlfriends, committed manslaughter, assaulted people (hello Talib), there are more cases of drunk driving than you can count....  All these players are still on teams. And yet when a player comes out as gay you've had a few current and former players (such as Chris Culliver) saying they'd never accept a gay teammate.  Yet he'll accept a teammate who is a criminal. So why is it being forced down your throats? Because, as much as you pretend to be okay with it, you're not. And neither are lots and lots of other people. And while you have every right not to agree with homosexuality, until you start making the ACTUAL crimes a bigger deal than some dude kissing another due on television, you deserve to have all the coverage of Michael Sam you can stand.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason it's being shoved down your throats is because being gay for most of American history (and of course in other countries) meant that you were an underground, persected minority. Only very recently that has of course changed.  But think about this:No current player in the NFL has come out as gay!  THINK ABOUT THAT. We know there have been lots of gay players in the NFL right now (current and recently retired players have said as much), some have even come out after, but none have had the guts to do it while playing. It's hypocritical to then say "Well it's not a big deal, just don't shove it down our throats". If it wasn't a big deal, this would have happened decades ago.Or let's look at it another way. You have players that have beaten their wives/girlfriends, committed manslaughter, assaulted people (hello Talib), there are more cases of drunk driving than you can count....  All these players are still on teams. And yet when a player comes out as gay you've had a few current and former players (such as Chris Culliver) saying they'd never accept a gay teammate.  Yet he'll accept a teammate who is a criminal. So why is it being forced down your throats? Because, as much as you pretend to be okay with it, you're not. And neither are lots and lots of other people. And while you have every right not to agree with homosexuality, until you start making the ACTUAL crimes a bigger deal than some dude kissing another due on television, you deserve to have all the coverage of Michael Sam you can stand.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The reason it's being shoved down your throats is because being gay for most of American history (and of course in other countries) meant that you were an underground, persected minority. Only very recently that has of course changed.  But think about this:No current player in the NFL has come out as gay!  THINK ABOUT THAT. We know there have been lots of gay players in the NFL right now (current and recently retired players have said as much), some have even come out after, but none have had the guts to do it while playing. It's hypocritical to then say "Well it's not a big deal, just don't shove it down our throats". If it wasn't a big deal, this would have happened decades ago.Or let's look at it another way. You have players that have beaten their wives/girlfriends, committed manslaughter, assaulted people (hello Talib), there are more cases of drunk driving than you can count....  All these players are still on teams. And yet when a player comes out as gay you've had a few current and former players (such as Chris Culliver) saying they'd never accept a gay teammate.  Yet he'll accept a teammate who is a criminal. So why is it being forced down your throats? Because, as much as you pretend to be okay with it, you're not. And neither are lots and lots of other people. And while you have every right not to agree with homosexuality, until you start making the ACTUAL crimes a bigger deal than some dude kissing another due on television, you deserve to have all the coverage of Michael Sam you can stand.

I never even thought of it like that. Some people feel comfortable around Aaron Hernandez, but not a gay guy?Possibly get murdered... possibly get undressed by some dude's eyes IF he finds me attractive... Dunno which is worse!Jeezus

Please wait…

• dandrews

Participant

The way he handled it as Missouri was perfect. His teammates respected him enough to keep it in the locker room. That’s the approach he should be taking here. Instead he’s become a circus.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The way he handled it as Missouri was perfect. His teammates respected him enough to keep it in the locker room. That's the approach he should be taking here. Instead he's become a circus.

It's a careful construct for his path to the NFL.He took the reality show before he even made the team.  He's a crusader on a quest now.  I'll bet the majority of the Rams players and organization feel this way.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Chad was always a diva I know him personally but he's a cool guy not like T.O. The only reason Sam fell to the 7th was due to him being gay and the combine. Guys like Vilma causing his stock to drop. Sam is your average hard working high motor player. Also I don't get the reality show distraction BS when you look around the league most players are doing commercials and reality shows. Eric decker had a reality show and not one complaint was made because he's not gay and his wife is hot.

Sam fell because he has “kicker” measurables and was terrible against real SEC competition. Dude sucks. He only was drafted because he’s gay. If Michael Sam is straight, he may not even be a UDFA.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good post. This is what I've been saying but a better version. Everything is fine when a man gives his wife a kiss on national tv but the reaction Sam got was outrage. No different than those racist complaining about the mixed race Cheerios commercial.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sam fell because he has "kicker" measurables and was terrible against real SEC competition. Dude sucks. He only was drafted because he's gay. If Michael Sam is straight, he may not even be a UDFA.

How can a terrible player be a all American, sec co defensive player award, and first team all sec?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sam fell because he has "kicker" measurables and was terrible against real SEC competition. Dude sucks. He only was drafted because he's gay. If Michael Sam is straight, he may not even be a UDFA.

How can a terrible player be a all American, sec co defensive player award, and first team all sec?

He had 9 sacks between Florida, Arkansas State, and Vanderbilt. Really murderer’s row there. He had 2.5 in the remaining 9 games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There's nothing wrong with gays.    The crime rate would be less if there were more of them.

1820S_d.jpgCan we get this Klown banned again?.....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had 9 sacks between Florida, Arkansas State, and Vanderbilt. Really murderer's row there. He had 2.5 in the remaining 9 games.

Michael Sam sucks!! ... and blows!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Source? Or are you just making up lies?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He had 9 sacks between Florida, Arkansas State, and Vanderbilt. Really murderer's row there. He had 2.5 in the remaining 9 games.

Sack don't mean jack shiz. Pressure is what you want. Sam was a great college player. Whether he can make it in the NFL is yet to be seen.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

I think he would have been picked a little sooner . Probably 5th round. Not because NFL teams are prejudice though , it's because he's making a side show of himself , and no one wants the distraction.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he would have been picked a little sooner . Probably 5th round. Not because NFL teams are prejudice though , it's because he's making a side show of himself , and no one wants the distraction.

I think it's less of a distraction if the media has its hooplah now instead of in October.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

darren rovell ?@darrenrovell 54mBREAKING: The Michael Sam documentary series on OWN has been postponed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10944070/michael-sam-documentary-oprah-winfrey-network-postponed

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I bet the Rams told him to ‘Get the Fuck with the Program’, or else!!!laughing at the little bitch

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those of you that are so interested/passionate about this need to question your own sexuality. Unless you admit to loving the cock.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those of you that are so interested/passionate about this need to question your own sexuality. Unless you admit to loving the **CENSORED**.

Yeah, that's what all the weirdos say.......... trying to shut everyone up....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Those of you that are so interested/passionate about this need to question your own sexuality. Unless you admit to loving the **CENSORED**.

Yeah, that's what all the weirdos say.......... trying to shut everyone up....

Just say "i love crepes" ricky bobby

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mad bro…… that the Rams yanked on sissy boy’s chain?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10944070/michael-sam-documentary-oprah-winfrey-network-postponed

Good decision.  I think a change of agents would be in order.  I can only guess that is who steered Michael toward the project to begin with.  It might go deeper then that, in any event he's getting some really bad advice.  Unfortunately, the cat's out of the bag now and pulling it is only slightly better then going through with it.  Never should have been planned in the first place.  I'm sure the Rams love having a meeting with the agent of their 7th round pick to advise against the reality show he and his representation cooked up without their knowledge.  I do find it interesting that the fact this was to be a documentary about his life away from football trying to become the first openly gay NFL player was muted, almost forgotten.  Shortly after I heard about the reality show, I heard that they would not be filming mini camps or training camp.  I'm not sure how much, if any, filming they planed to do on Rams facilities.  I'm guessing little to none.  This is OWN, not ESPN.  They were obviously angling toward Michael's personal life, not his football exploits.  Yet every discussion of the show I heard focused on how cameras around the team would affect his relationship with his fellow players.  The only way it would affect team building would have been anyone who was thinking about spending time with Mike outside of football.  Which should have been a consideration for him anyway.  Hard to build friendships with the other guys when no one wants to be around you and your cameras the moment you leave the facility.  Who would want to go out to diner with him, or just hang out, to have it taped and shown to the world?  Still, both sides of the argument were blown way out of proportion and my opinion is Michael Sams has less of a chance of making an NFL roster (which was far from a guarantee to begin with) because of this.  Too bad, because I was honestly hoping he would do well and earn his place.  As others have said in this thread, everything he is doing publicly now is indicating that he is more interested in being an advocate for the gay community then an NFL football player.  His path was going to be difficult enough, and he is managing to cool a significant amount of his support.  He could have been (still could be I guess) that voice, but you have to earn respect and a place in your profession before you should expect that profession to become a platform for your agenda.  The draft celebration and this proposed show was putting the cart way before the horse imo. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right. Like being interested/passionate about the rights of minorities and eating tacos makes me Hispanic!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Right. Like being interested/passionate about the rights of minorities and eating tacos makes me Hispanic!

That is really funny man and true. I really wanted to direct that comment towards the ones that feel this story is such a problem. The gays are just out of the closet. They have always been here showering with you in the locker room. Get over it!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That is really funny man and true. I really wanted to direct that comment towards the ones that feel this story is such a problem. The gays are just out of the closet. They have always been here showering with you in the locker room. Get over it!

Oooh. Like those anti gay politicians that get caught doing gay stuff? I always find those hilarious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oooh. Like those anti gay politicians that get caught doing gay stuff? I always find those hilarious.

Exactly.. the right wingers are the biggest pole smokers of them all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think the term pole smokers is politically correct.    I believe they prefer to be called pickle puffers if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever you want to call yourself. Remember java just because a dude has boobs doesn't make it not gay.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rams play at Tampa Week 2.  That will be interesting……

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rams play at Tampa Week 2.  That will be interesting......

Derrick Brooks day!    I think I can make it to that game as well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think the term pole smokers is politically correct.    I believe they prefer to be called pickle puffers if I'm not mistaken.

Whatever you want to call yourself. Remember java just because a dude has boobs doesn't make it not gay.

Lol why are we mean to people in the closet but so nice to people that are "out"?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good move by Sam and the people connected to the project. It would have been a horrible distraction having cameras cover Sam and his teammates 24/7 on the field, off the field and in the locker room. Hey, when does "Hard Knocks" start shooting?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are people mean to people in the closet but so nice to people that are "out"?

Glad to hear people are nice to you.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why are people mean to people in the closet but so nice to people that are "out"?

Lmao. Ask anyone from Beatle's draft chat about my sexuality. I get cute girls. You apparently get ladyboys.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Lmao. Ask anyone from Beatle's draft chat about my sexuality. I get cute girls. You apparently get ladyboys.

How would people in a chat know that ?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

How would people in a chat know that ?

Oh Java must you switch accounts so often? Well you see there's this new invention called the webcam. They didn't have it when you and Lincoln were kids but golly gee willikers it's great!

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

You made your sister come on the webcam during a Draft Chat and called her cute ?? That’s just weird and creepy …

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You made your sister come on the webcam during a Draft Chat and called her cute ?? That's just weird and creepy ...

My sister is pale-white with black hair? Lmfao. Enjoy your ladyboys.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lmao. Ask anyone from Beatle's draft chat about my sexuality. .

Now that is funny.  The time I went in there, it looked like a scene from Revenge of the Nerds.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Lmao. Ask anyone from Beatle's draft chat about my sexuality. .

Now that is funny.  The time I went in there, it looked like a scene from Revenge of the Nerds.

LOLz

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good move by Sam and the people connected to the project. It would have been a horrible distraction having cameras cover Sam and his teammates 24/7 on the field, off the field and in the locker room. Hey, when does "Hard Knocks" start shooting?

Good move by Sam??He got his candy ass chewed out by the Rams.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good move by Sam??He got his candy ass chewed out by the Rams.

Chewed his ass?  He would have enjoyed that too much.  They probably just yelled at him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Good point.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Sam is a Diva…never going to make it in this league.

Please wait…

Viewing 139 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.