Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

With 2:05 left on the mr. Mickens runs out the Kickoff and decides to crumble up like a little bitch instead of cutting across the field and wasting the 5secs into the 2min warning…I fucking lost it took about 5 shots to calm my nerves…

He basically gave GB a 4th timeout and honestly wasn’t confident at that point… did anyone else notice that?

• leeroybuc93

Participant

5 seconds is way too long to waste on a kickoff return. There was no way that was going to happen. Borderline impossible.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

He wanted 2secs on the return…if he cuts it across he would of been able to waste the remaining 3secs..

• RHBucsFan

Participant

I noticed it and I was pissed also. Stopped the clock at 2:02 for Green Bay. Seemed like he had no awareness.

• jcaulfield8

Participant

No blockers. Defenders running full speed. He made a smart decision to not get caught in a tough situation where two or three players might rip the ball out of his hands if he got tied up.
      Also he probably realized Tom Brady was about to get involved and he was needing two first downs to ice the game. in hindsight he was 100% correct,

• JBSouthpaw

Participant

How’d he do on his other returns???

I’m in the camp, it was the coaches saying “go for as long as you can, but go down before any contact”. Losing the ball would have been worse than the 1 extra timeout, which didn’t matter in the end.

• Lawdy

Participant

he was told to do that

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

I don’t believe that. If it is true though, then Keith Armstrong should be fired immediately

• BucBalla85

Participant

They pointed it out in the booth that he easily could have wasted another few seconds and got them to the 2 min warning. I dont think I can get that mad at the guy though trying to be safe at that moment. He fumbles it were fucked.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

If he was told to do that then our ST coach had no awareness of how much time was actually left… any decent coach would of told his guy to run around and at least “try” to waste 5secs and go down…

• Madman

Participant

Meanwhile, Mickens had some excellent returns yesterday.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

Of course Mickens had some good returns I’m not hatin on him but not running out the 5secs to get us to the 2min warning could of been a disaster… had GB somehow gotten the ball back and scored Mickens/Armstrong would be crucified…

• BChaves8

Participant

Mickens actually had some good returns so hard to be too upset with him. That being said, I was not happy at the time. He could have easily wasted another two seconds and cover up the ball as best he could. Good thing it didn’t matter!

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Personally I was confident in our offense, and was mostly happy he protected the ball.

• Sam Ram 33

Participant

He could have easily got it to the 2 minute warning… I am not sure what the thought was behind it… But in the end it was a blessing in disguise. We weren’t running the ball very well. If its past the 2 minute warning we are for sure running the ball on 1st and 2nd down and most likely staring at a decision of 3rd and 4-6… The 2 minute warning gave us the obvious chance to do play action pass to Mike Evans for 9 yards. We never call that play if were at the 2 minute warning.

Also I have no idea why they didn’t decline the 5 yard penalty… Make zero sense at all.. at 2nd and 1 its basically a guarantee you get the first down unless you have a penalty.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

I think an encroachment call is an automatic 5 yards if I’m not mistaking and honestly I wasn’t as confident to get a first in that situation of the game cuz I’ve watched this movie many times before… it worked out but coaches need to be a little more aware and do better with clock management…

• Wutt

Participant

The ST coach 100% told him to slide, why the hell would you risk fumbling it inside their 20 with 2:05 left. Every Packer on that field was going to come in with fists swinging at that ball. Give them the extra time out who gives a shit. Worked out like it was supposed to.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

If that is the case, he needs to be fired. After he ran the Dolphins special teams into the ground, he shouldn’t be anywhere near an NFL team. Keith Armstrong is a piece of shit.

• Vance

Participant

He is just trying not to fumble. Which I have no problem with. He is taking no risk so he can avoid any hard hits. He won’t be in the league long playing like that.

• dalbuc

Participant

I would have to think he was told to do that since the Packers would be going for the strip.

• NotDeadYet

Participant

Arians made a comment that he thought the clock would have been at the two-minute warning before Mickens slid. I’m fairly sure he was told to get down to avoid the possibility of a fumble.

• Roy

Participant

Mickens isn’t a fumble risk. It was just a miscalculation by Mickens IMO. He could have run sideways for a couple seconds more.

• xbucsx_4_xevax

Participant

That’s exactly what I’m saying @roy to cut across the field and waste 2 extra secs and at that point he could of slid…

• TURBO

Participant

You had to take 5 shots to calm your nerves? Seriously?

How many other times did you have to take shots during the game? lol Seems you should be in a coma by the end of that game.

Maybe it’s time to check into a rehab institution, you might have a problem…

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Packers have some of the worst ST coverage in football, as we saw yesterday.

It was absolutely a gaff to not waste 2 more seconds.

Is that easier said than done? I guess… but his slide was well early. He just needed 2 more seconds.

It all worked out but I was also fuming.

Flip side… it made it so we could pass on 1st down because the time stoppage didn’t matter.

Which then led to Evans 9 yarder…

Then they intentionally went offsides and we should have declined… another head scratcher.

Both coaches with some unorthodox calls late.

• ktownbuc47

Participant

There wasn’t anybody close to him when he slid, even my wife who isn’t real knowledgeable about football said what Fu@# is he doing. He could have easily got another 3 seconds out of that return. Don’t know whose decision it was but I hope they’re not back next year.

• Bucman

Participant

It was a bonehead play. But Mickens had some pretty good returns to give us great field position so he kinda reedems himself.

• spartan

Participant

He has made some reasonable returns so I won’t totally pan him. But if you watch the guy he is a slightly better Dexter Jackson. He won’t shy away from a tackle per se, but he won’t put his shoulder down and engage. He will slide or step out of bounds to avoid being hit.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Obviously he was told to slide and avoid contact, it’s just he didn’t execute it well enough to make sure the time went down to 2 minutes. He was a big key though in field position unlike pretty much every other game this year when the return units are terrible.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.