Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 53 reply threads

• Author

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

As slim as our chances are at going to the Super Bowl if Tom Brady and Evans don’t get on the same page we will have zero chance. Tom has Evansphobia for some reason and can’t seem to get in sync with him. That must change next week.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

Mike is good in what he does, but he’s just not a quick precise route runner. Those are the type of receivers Brady really clicks with. It ain’t happening.

• harrybucman

Participant

Mike is good in what he does, but he’s just not a quick precise route runner. Those are the type of receivers Brady really clicks with. It ain’t happening.

Gronk is not a quick precise route runner and they’ve clicked.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

He’s also a TE and not a WR and runs completely different routes

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans is a good WR – as long as he’s not playing against NO. But he’s not a cerebral player at all.

• BChaves8

Participant

Evans and Brady don’t seem to click on on the deep routes, Brady often likes to take a little off and Mike keeps his routes upfield. Other than that, they seem to be just fine.

• RW

Participant

As slim as our chances are at going to the Super Bowl if Tom Brady and Evans don’t get on the same page we will have zero chance. Tom has Evansphobia for some reason and can’t seem to get in sync with him. That must change next week.

You are an IDIOT.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Evans cant consistently get open like gronk ab godwin perriman even grayson can. They’re more speed receivers(sans gronk)

Even miller. Tho brady has made it work with possession receivers(hogan, edelman)

Down ab and godwin we need to get edelman or Fitzgerald on the phone. Perriman is our #2 atm. Ugh.

• dalbuc

Participant

…of the pre-season top 3 WRs I would have viewed them as
      Godwin
      Brown
      Evans

In order of value for the team I like Evans a lot but he isn’t as well rounded as the other 2 WRs.

• Ramonb

Participant

Evans just isn’t the most reliable pass catcher. He’s tough as nails and can make some big plays, but for a variety of reasons his target-to-catch ratio seems a bit lower than our other options.

• dalbuc

Participant

His ratio is lower because he isn’t catching high percentage things like WR screens for Example. Evans is clearly good but while he is great at the vertical game and contested catch he’s not going to win any prizes doing stuff short and intermediate.

• m_j

Participant

his (our) biggest problem is he somehow can’t get on the same page as brady. still one of greatest bucs of all time.

• BucBalla85

Participant

Should be the Evans show this week. Get that 1000 yards.

• Trask Force

Participant

Disagree. I think BA will want to keep him healthy for the playoffs. The ideal thing would be to get a lead and keep Evans and Gronk on the sidelines for the 2nd half.

• Vance

Participant

Evans is like a teammate of James Harden when he was with the Rockets. He is now use to Brown, Gronk, Godwin making all the plays while he is out there conserving enough energy to bust 1 or 2 plays just remind you he is still on the field .

• seekpar

Participant

…needs to step up and start ballin’.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

I actually think they pull Evans as soon as he gets the 1000 yards. I think they target him early to get it and then use the rest of the game for Brady to work with the other receivers.

this is assuming it’s an easy game and we aren’t fighting to the death like the Jets game. Who knows what to expect from this team anymore

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

I actually think they pull Evans as soon as he gets the 1000 yards. I think they target him early to get it and then use the rest of the game for Brady to work with the other receivers.

this is assuming it’s an easy game and we aren’t fighting to the death like the Jets game. Who knows what to expect from this team anymore

Agreed. Should only take 2 or 3 catches since its bit play or nothing for evans.

Would be nice if we had godwin or ab to run the short to intermediate routes.

Lord knows evans can’t get open to save his life!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Big*

• RW

Participant

Nope, not important. They just need to win.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

Evans and Brady don’t seem to click on on the deep routes, Brady often likes to take a little off and Mike keeps his routes upfield. Other than that, they seem to be just fine.

I bet Evan’s has lost more yards than any receiver in the league due to inaccurate passes. I’ve never seen a receiver be wide open and missed more than Evan’s and it’s not even close. He’d probably have close to 11000 yards by now if those connections were made. Who knows why there are so many communication issues and inaccurate passes.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

I’ve never seen a receiver be wide open and missed more than Evan’s and it’s not even close. He’d probably have close to 11000 yards by now if those connections were made. Who knows why

Well, when you have McCown, Glennon, Fitz, and Jaboo throwing you the rock for the overwhelming majority of your career…

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

I’ve never seen a receiver be wide open and missed more than Evan’s and it’s not even close. He’d probably have close to 11000 yards by now if those connections were made. Who knows why

Well, when you have McCown, Glennon, Fitz, and Jaboo throwing you the rock for the overwhelming majority of your career…

True and Evans has been a complete professional through it all. If it was AB he would have been gone a long time ago.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

True and Evans has been a complete professional through it all. If it was AB he would have been gone a long time ago.

He certainly has.

Putting up elite numbers along the way and joining elite company in the record books.

Just doing elite things that elite receivers do.

Hope he finishes his career with Tampa.

• Pepsi

Participant

Having this misconception of Mike Evans as a Buc fan is disappointing. Evans is a well above average route runner.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Having this misconception of Mike Evans as a Buc fan is disappointing. Evans is a well above average route runner.

Ab, godwin, edelman. They are quick precise route runners.

Evans is taller, more of a possesion type receiver. Deep ball home run threat. Evans isnt effective in screen or quick developing passes sans 50/50 balls in the end zone. I ageee with RH.

• Anonymous

Inactive

But he’s not a speed guy. His tall frame makes him more of a possession receiver, and gives him an advantage with undersized corners. Jameis was used to that because he was throwing to Kelvin Benjamin in college. Just throw the ball accurately but slightly high, and Evans will get it

• RW

Participant

Ab, godwin, edelman. They are quick precise route runners.

Evans is taller, more of a possesion type receiver. Deep ball home run threat. Evans isnt effective in screen or quick developing passes sans 50/50 balls in the end zone. I ageee with RH.

Exactly. Evans is great at jump balls in the end zone but has trouble running slants and screens. His route running is average. He is fast but not quick.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Just doing elite things that elite receivers do.

Speaking of elite:

Mike Evans has caught 83.3 percent of his contested targets

No other player has reached 79 percent

(Per PFF)

• Swash

Participant

Best offensive player in team history.. what more can we say about the guy. I like the idea of the offense running through him.. who else is ready for some vintage Evans just in time for the playoffs?

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Best offensive player in team history.. what more can we say about the guy. I like the idea of the offense running through him.. who else is ready for some vintage Evans just in time for the playoffs?

Disagree

Thomas Brady

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Best offensive player in team history..

As it stands now, yup.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Only one receiver has 12+ TD receptions in the last 2 seasons.

That one receiver is Mike Evans.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Evans continuing to punch his ticket into Canton.

Extending and breaking records.

Elite.

• theknees

Participant

Disagree

Thomas Brady

Mike Evans. The lion’s share of Brady’s production has been with another franchise. Maybe you’ve heard of the New England Patriots. Evans is the most prolific offensive player in our team’s history. Not debatable.

• Anonymous

Inactive

With him getting 1000 yards on the season, he broke the record for most 1000 yard seasons to start your career by a WR with eight.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Mike Evans. The lion’s share of Brady’s production has been with another franchise. Maybe you’ve heard of the New England Patriots. Evans is the most prolific offensive player in our team’s history. Not debatable.

Yeah.

Brady’s the beat QB in Buc’s history.

But, Evans rightfully holds the other title.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Disagree

Thomas Brady

Brady has more TDs in 2 years then Evans has in 8 here.

Thomas Brady.

Not debatable.

• TBChucky

Participant

Brady also touches the ball EVERY SNAP, as well as decide where the ball goes..

Can’t get much more of an apples and oranges comparison than what you’re proposing..

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Evans is the most prolific offensive player in franchise history.

Future ROH. Future HOF.

End of story.

• Vance

Participant

All he has to do now is stay healthy. HOF no matter what.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Brady has more TDs in 2 years then Evans has in 8 here.

Sweet geebus…

• m_j

Participant

Future ROH. Future HOF.

End of story.

Mike is great but I’d still put him behind Alstott

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Future ROH. Future HOF.

End of story.

Same.

Best FB of all time.

Brady>Alstott>Evans

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Love me some Alstott.

But, Evans is ahead of him by a country mile.

And, hopefully, will continue to add to his historic numbers.

• m_j

Participant

Future ROH. Future HOF.

End of story.

Same.

Best FB of all time.

Brady>Alstott>Evans

talking about true bucs, brady is a hired gun. of course the best player that ever played on our team but I was talking about true bucs

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

People claiming Evans never gets separation were treated to a clinic yesterday.

Absolute elite route running yesterday.

Elite performance from an elite receiver.

• mjs020294

Participant

Eight straight 1,000 yard seasons and some people still want to question his ability.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

People claiming Evans never gets separation were treated to a clinic yesterday.

Absolute elite route running yesterday.

Elite performance from an elite receiver.

It was nice seeing Brady and Evans on the same page. Brady has no choice but, to trust Evans and now it’s paying off. Shouldn’t have taken this long really.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

See yesterday.

• theknees

Participant

See yesterday.

Exactly. Look man, Evans is our best offensive player ever. Mike Alstott?? Like he was amazing but, he’s not in the same conversation as Mike Evans. Evans played the biggest offensive role in turning this franchise around.

• kenntak

Participant

Holding the NFL record for most 1000 yard seasons from the start of a career is spectacular, and shows how consistent and reliable Evans has been. He is also a team player, which with all of the divas out there, is a fantastic thing.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Shouldn’t have taken this long really.

27 TD’s over the last 2 seasons say you’re wrong.

• TB-BucFan4Life

Participant

No it doesn’t. Some of those games he had 2 TD’s for like 10 yards. Evans had too many games with fewer than 30 yards.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Holding the NFL record for most 1000 yard seasons from the start of a career is spectacular, and shows how consistent and reliable Evans has been. He is also a team player, which with all of the divas out there, is a fantastic thing.

yeah i am not sure how anyone can say anything negative about him

he was huge in the Eagles game.

i realize sometimes he’s marginalized in games but he’s got heart, grit, and i think youll see him step up in the Rams game.

Dude is on his way to a Hall of Fame career and while he may NOT be Jerry Rice; he’s still pretty darn good

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Evans currently had 75 touchdowns which ranks him 36th all time.

Let’s say he gets 10 touchdowns next year, that would jump him all the way to 16th at 85. (AB is at 83, Jimmy Graham at 85 as only active players)

In two years, at 20 more touchdowns, that would jump him to 12 at 95. Rob Gronkowski is active at 92 so likely he remains at 13 two years from now

in three years, 30 more touchdowns, that would jump him in the top 10 at 105.

Fitzgerald is a first ballot and he has 121. Evans is still only 28 years old so if he can play at this level to say 35, hes a first ballot hall of famer. Fitzgerald by comparison is 38 so he started to slow down at 35 with breaking 1000 yards in his age 34 season

he has 9300 yards for his career. If he breaks 15,000; he’s be in the top 7 all time. You going to bet against him continuing to get 1000 yards with another year or two with Brady. then if he’s in rebuilding after that, please reference Winston throwing the ball even more on a shit team

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

No it doesn’t. Some of those games he had 2 TD’s for like 10 yards. Evans had too many games with fewer than 30 yards.

With all the weapons Brady’s had over these past 2 seasons, how many have had over 2000 yards and 27 TD’s?

They’re fine and have been fine.

Viewing 53 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.