Viewing 28 reply threads

• Author

• NYC Bucs Fan

Participant

Evan Silva ?@evansilva  49mChris Mortensen said he's heard "more than twice" #49ers could be "ready to do something big" & #Raiders are "open for business" at No. 5.Evan Silva ?@evansilva  49mESPN's Chris Mortensen suggested Mike Evans as a trade-up target for #49ers. Mort hearing Niners "could be very aggressive in this draft."If Evans is gone...that will likely mean most of the top QBs will still be there.  Could also mean Robinson or Matthews is still on the board.  Interesting situation tho....could force Lovie & Licht to change their pick here.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I won’t shed too many tears if that happens – it just means another quality prospect will drop.  Hopefully if it’s Robinson, the team can get some good trade offers.  I mean, I wouldn’t be upset if the team went ahead and took him, but I’m just not as enamoured with the whole move-him-inside-for-a-couple-of-years thing as some are. I will say that I think it’s quite likely that even without Evans going early, Matthews will be available. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I won't shed too many tears if that happens - it just means another quality prospect will drop.  Hopefully if it's Robinson, the team can get some good trade offers.  I mean, I wouldn't be upset if the team went ahead and took him, but I'm just not as enamoured with the whole move-him-inside-for-a-couple-of-years thing as some are. I will say that I think it's quite likely that even without Evans going early, Matthews will be available.

Hard to get a handle on Robinson.  Auburn ran the ball.  When they weren't running the ball, they ran the ball...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I hope the Bucs are open for Business. Im a huge Evans fan but I value more picks this year than anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, I won't shed too many tears if that happens - it just means another quality prospect will drop.  Hopefully if it's Robinson, the team can get some good trade offers.  I mean, I wouldn't be upset if the team went ahead and took him, but I'm just not as enamoured with the whole move-him-inside-for-a-couple-of-years thing as some are. I will say that I think it's quite likely that even without Evans going early, Matthews will be available.

Hard to get a handle on Robinson.  Auburn ran the ball.  When they weren't running the ball, they ran the ball...

well thats the exact kind of lineman we need. Our pass protection really was never horrible, it was bad but I never used it as an excuse (except for Raheems first year when it was god awful). The problem as of late has been horrible run blocking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well thats the exact kind of lineman we need. Our pass protection really was never horrible, it was bad but I never used it as an excuse (except for Raheems first year when it was god awful). The problem as of late has been horrible run blocking.

Unless I have been watching different games...blocking in general has been horrible. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Unless I have been watching different games...blocking in general has been horrible.

Run blocking has horrible but pass blocking has been below average but not the reason we lost games. Thats what my eyes saw. but yea horrible run blocking + below average pass blocking = horrible blocking in general so I dont think we disagree with eachother

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Run blocking has horrible but pass blocking has been below average but not the reason we lost games. Thats what my eyes saw. but yea horrible run blocking + below average pass blocking = horrible blocking in general so I dont think we disagree with eachother

Yea, not disagreeing at all...just saw a lot of piss poor blocking all over.  I think with a veteran QB the pass blocking wouldnt have been so bad, but with heir Schiano and a 3rd round rookie...it just wasnt pretty.  I do have questions about Robinson being a LT from day 1...and at the top of the draft thats what you want.  But who am I kidding, nobody is question mark free in this draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

49ers are going to make a move. They need a WR and they have a ton of picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eagles are also rumored to covet Mike Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There could be some truth to this regarding 49ers interest since they face Sherman and Browner twice a year. Only Evans type of overly physical receiver can probably win battles against them on a consistent basis. Also Evans plays with a giant alpha male ego and tends to overpower and own his opponents with his blocking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can’t see a good reason to trade so far up for a receiver in a loaded draft for receivers. I would be furious if that were us trying to trade up so far and give up so much for a receiver who might be only marginally better than what’s available at bottom of the first round. More power to them, I suppose. One thing is for certain; we will be drafting a receiver with one of our first two picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Eagles are also rumored to covet Mike Evans.

Make the trade and take Brandin Cooks and extra picks.  In the end, Cooks might end up being the best WR in this draft.  I heard an interview with his HC this morning and he talked about how Cooks was doubled all year long and he still couldn’t be stopped. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was under the impression than SF would be looking for more of a burner at WR. I wouldn’t be surprised if Evans was gone but if he is I think it’s because Oakland takes him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't see a good reason to trade so far up for a receiver in a loaded draft for receivers. I would be furious if that were us trying to trade up so far and give up so much for a receiver who might be only marginally better than what's available at bottom of the first round. More power to them, I suppose. One thing is for certain; we will be drafting a receiver with one of our first two picks.

Typically I would agree with this line of thinking, however, with regards to SF...they have many more draft picks than they do available roster spots up for grabs.  Keep in mind they took Lattimore and Tank Carradine last year only to stash them on IR while they healed.  Its nice to be loaded with both talent AND picks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Evans and would love to take him at 7 but I’d honestly rather move back 5or so spots and grab OBJ or maybe even a little further back and nab Cooks or someone like that. If we stay at 7 and Evans is gone then that just means that one of Robinson/Matthews/Manziel/Mack will likely be there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If evans is there, I’d move back with frisco for their 1(30), 2(24), 2(29), 3(13)1. Marquise Lee2. Xavier Sua-Filo2. Dominique Easley2. Kyle Van Noy3. Donte Moncreif3. Trai Turner5. Aaron Colvin6. Aaron Lynch7. Colt LyerlaCrown Us.

Please wait…

• BConnell88

Participant

Marquise Lee isn’t that  good bro, hes a 2nd round talent, he’s a tweener. Johnny Football or bust.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I guess it’s bust, then…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Johnny, but not at 7, he’s the epitome of boom or bust, I’d rather trade down and acquire picks in this deep draft, and we don’t need a QB this year, this team has so many other holes to addressLee is a stud, he had nagging injuries all last year, go back and look at his freshman and sophomore year tape, especially sophomore year, dude was a man amongst boys

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s all good.  OBJ !!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Can't see a good reason to trade so far up for a receiver in a loaded draft for receivers. I would be furious if that were us trying to trade up so far and give up so much for a receiver who might be only marginally better than what's available at bottom of the first round. More power to them, I suppose. One thing is for certain; we will be drafting a receiver with one of our first two picks.

Difference is San Fransisco has a load of picks and a lot of them won't even make the team. If you can draft a guy that will put you over, you do it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's all good.  OBJ !!!

would definitely be good with OBJ if we trade down into the mid-teens, he's got great all around game and would be a stud return man

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SF is almost there.  One difference maker at WR could be the only thing missing from winning a SB.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

SF is almost there.  One difference maker at WR could be the only thing missing from winning a SB.

Don't know WR will out them over the top but they have too many draft picks and too talented a roster. They will have to trade up or out of this year because otherwise all they are doing is drafting people for other people when they cut them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What’s their biggest weakness?  Passing game. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What's their biggest weakness?  Passing game.

WR don't actually help your passing game that much.  They are actually a fairly small component of the effectiveness of a passing attack. That is the problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well there OL is decent.  their QB has taken them to a Super Bowl and a NFCCG already.  Their TE is a stud.  Crabtree would make one of the better #2s in the league.  They are a strong running team.  what else are they going to upgrade?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

well there OL is decent.  their QB has taken them to a Super Bowl and a NFCCG already.  Their TE is a stud.  Crabtree would make one of the better #2s in the league.  They are a strong running team.  what else are they going to upgrade?

That is sadly the best argument that once you have everything else then a WR looks like a good idea.

Please wait…

Viewing 28 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.