Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 41 reply threads

• Author

• yuccaneers

Participant

Mike Evans is on a collision course with destiny, in 2017. He currently ranks 7th in yards, with 3,578. Needing 1,441 to break the franchise’s all-time receiving yards mark set by Mark Carrier in 1992 (5,018). If Evans continues to improve, becoming a more superfluous YAC receiver along with the addition of DeSean Jackson opening the offense up as predicted, Evans has a solid chance of eclipsing Carrier’s franchise mark for receiving yards in 2017. Evans has increased his yardage total on average by 12% each year since being drafted in the first round of the 2014 draft. While it’s a long shot, there is still a highly plausible chance the 25 year old record falls in 2017.

Moreover, Evans will undoubtedly break the franchise’s all-time receiving touchdowns mark in route to capturing the franchises receiving yard mark in 2017. A record set 31 years ago by Jimmie Giles, in 1986 when he hauled in a one-yard touchdown pass from Steve Deberg in the second quarter at Tampa Stadium against the Minnesota Vikings and giving Giles 34 receiving touchdowns in his Buccaneer career. Evans currently sit with 27 career receiving touchdowns needing 8 to break it in 2017.
      `
      What do you think will Evans break one or both records in 2017??

• jerseybucsfan

Participant

TDs in 2017, yardage in 2018.

• BucFanFromATL

Participant

Mike Evans will own the Rec Yards and TD stats.

Doug Martin is 1730 Rushing Yards away from the All Time Rushing Yard Record So I think he will move into 2nd place this season.

• Defense5599

Blocked

Those are very small records compared to other franchises. Keep Winston and Evans and they will not only break every franchise passing/receiving record, they will totally wipe them out.

• Buc Bauce

Participant

Man, it’s hard to imagine Evans getting much better than he was last year.

I know everyone is talking about yac, but that’s just not his game.

However, with Djax and others opening things up, i can definitely see him improving on his stats from last year.

If ME13 gets even better this year though in his overall game, holy shit man, it’s hard to imagine how good we’ll be, can’t wait!

• Hate

Participant

Jameis need 31 tds to move into 1st place

• yuccaneers

Participant

@Hate there could be a few records falling if the offense clicks…

• Hate

Participant

@yuccaneers

I fully expect that to be the case. Cannons will he firing!!

• nitey

Participant

I think Evans gets both this year. Call me an optimist. :)

• Anonymous

Inactive

TB offensive records are hilariously low.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

TB offensive records are hilariously low.

No doubt.

But, I expect Winston and Evans to set a very high bar once their time is done here.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

In three seasons, he could have the TD records for an NFL franchise with more than 40 years of history. Dude is legit!

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Detrimental

Participant

Yeah our offensive track record is pathetic. But its a new day with Winston in town and the ride will be enjoyable for the next 12 years.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The tallest midget award

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

The tallest midget award

Funny how your true colors get revealed. Pathetic.

GoldsonAges on 2nd round pick, Safety, Justin Evans, out of Texas A&M – “coaching can’t fix this”.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The tallest midget award

Bait

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

In three seasons, he could have the TD records for an NFL franchise with more than 40 years of history. Dude is legit!

Speaks more about our history of offensive ineptitude than anything else.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

^^^  THIS

Offensive franchise records for the Buccaneers are 100% meaningless.  The history is so awful that you only need 2 to 3 decent years to be #1.  Heck, I remember people going nuts because Freeman was out best QB.  Yippy!!  How’d that turn out?

• Anonymous

Inactive

Franchise records are 100% meaningless?

I get that they don’t mean much in terms of league-wide comparisons, but of course they are not 100% meaningless to either the player or the team.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

Franchise records are 100% meaningless? I get that they don’t mean much in terms of league-wide comparisons, but of course they are not 100% meaningless to either the player or the team.

They are when you’re talking about the inept history that is the Buccaneers (from an offensive stand point).

If in 3 years any one player could be #1 across the board in all categories specific to his craft, then clearly, the history is pretty bleak.  Don’t you think?  Weren’t people talking about Freeman after 2011 how he was the franchise leader in like 3 or 4 categories?

Mark Carrier is the #1 receiver in Buccaneers history with 321 rec, 5,018 yds, 27 TD (a yearly average of 54 / 836 / 4.5) .  I’m willing to bet there are 20 receivers right now in the NFL with 4 years experience (or less), that have more than that and Carrier was here for 6 years!

Last year, Quincy Enunwa posted a stat line of 58 / 875 / 4.   If he did that for 5 more years here, he’s be one of the two greatest receivers in Buccaneers history.  Like I said, “bleak”.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Speaks to a 22 year old learning quickly and being super productive doing things no one his age have ever done with marginal talent, and now, at 23, setting his sights on goals that most only dream of.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Franchise records are 100% meaningless? I get that they don’t mean much in terms of league-wide comparisons, but of course they are not 100% meaningless to either the player or the team.

They are when you’re talking about the inept history that is the Buccaneers (from an offensive stand point).

If in 3 years any one player could be #1 across the board in all categories specific to his craft, then clearly, the history is pretty bleak. Don’t you think? Weren’t people talking about Freeman after 2011 how he was the franchise leader in like 3 or 4 categories?

Mark Carrier is the #1 receiver in Buccaneers history with 321 rec, 5,018 yds, 27 TD (a yearly average of 54 / 836 / 4.5) . I’m willing to bet there are 20 receivers right now in the NFL with 4 years experience (or less), that have more than that and Carrier was here for 6 years!

Last year, Quincy Enunwa posted a stat line of 58 / 875 / 4. If he did that for 5 more years here, he’s be one of the two greatest receivers in Buccaneers history. Like I said, “bleak”.

Any player who becomes the team’s greatest anything will be thrilled to be so. They might not say it for modesty, team first etc, but athletes thrive on achievement and the confidence that comes with it. We definitely don’t have high thresholds on offense but a Mike Evans or Jameis Winston will see those kinds of accomplishments as steps toward being the next ROH guy from their generation.

• niko521

Participant

First of all, your name sucks. No body called us the Yuckaneers until the 90s and over a decade of double digit losses.  Its revisionists history, during the 78-82 years you never heard a peep about the  uniforms being ugly, or anything of the sort. Orange Pride were the signs, if anything.

Second , I don’t expect Doug Martin to be involved in the Bucs attack next year to the person who posted that. Finally,. while its amazing that Evans is so close to a setting franchise records in only his 4th season, its only the Bucs ineptitude throughout history on the offensive side of the ball that has them so close to recording history

• yuccaneers

Participant

There’s no denying the franchise ineptness on offense through years of futility. It still does not change the fact, that Evans is the most likely with a chance to not only break but shatter the records in 2017 and beyond. There have been plenty receivers drafted and signed as free agents, who all had a chance to break the records, yet we are sitting here 25 years & 31 year later and its Evans, who will be the one with his name a top the record books.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

Speaks to a 22 year old learning quickly and being super productive doing things no one his age have ever done with marginal talent, and now, at 23, setting his sights on goals that most only dream of.

Sure, pal. Like I said, it speaks more about our abysmal history of offensive production. Hell, your wet-dream prior to Winston (Mike Glennon) is sitting in the #10 spot for career passing TD’s. Let that sink in.

In 3 seasons, Derek Carr would’ve beat it. Andrew Luck would’ve beat it. Aaron Rodgers would’ve beat it.

Like I said, I’m not knocking Winston at all. It’s simply not the feat that you’re making it out to be.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

If that were the case then RB rushing records should be crushed in 3 year. Jameis is doing things in 2 years with passing that QBs even currently in the league have not been able to do

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

If that were the case then RB rushing records should be crushed in 3 year. Jameis is doing things in 2 years with passing that QBs even currently in the league have not been able to do

So true. Jameis is so undervalued by the fanbase in general. Makes me laugh.

• TBayXXXVII

Participant

They are when you’re talking about the inept history that is the Buccaneers (from an offensive stand point). If in 3 years any one player could be #1 across the board in all categories specific to his craft, then clearly, the history is pretty bleak. Don’t you think? Weren’t people talking about Freeman after 2011 how he was the franchise leader in like 3 or 4 categories? Mark Carrier is the #1 receiver in Buccaneers history with 321 rec, 5,018 yds, 27 TD (a yearly average of 54 / 836 / 4.5) . I’m willing to bet there are 20 receivers right now in the NFL with 4 years experience (or less), that have more than that and Carrier was here for 6 years! Last year, Quincy Enunwa posted a stat line of 58 / 875 / 4. If he did that for 5 more years here, he’s be one of the two greatest receivers in Buccaneers history. Like I said, “bleak”.

Any player who becomes the team’s greatest anything will be thrilled to be so. They might not say it for modesty, team first etc, but athletes thrive on achievement and the confidence that comes with it. We definitely don’t have high thresholds on offense but a Mike Evans or Jameis Winston will see those kinds of accomplishments as steps toward being the next ROH guy from their generation.

Hey, if they want to use that for themselves, so be it… but I won’t put any credence in it.  Personally, I’d rather they not set their goals to achieve such trivial accomplishments.

• Pewter Pirate

Participant

So true. Jameis is so undervalued by the fanbase in general. Makes me laugh.

To prime examples are Matty”Choke” and Andrew “Golden Boy” Luck

• Anonymous

Inactive

They are when you’re talking about the inept history that is the Buccaneers (from an offensive stand point). If in 3 years any one player could be #1 across the board in all categories specific to his craft, then clearly, the history is pretty bleak. Don’t you think? Weren’t people talking about Freeman after 2011 how he was the franchise leader in like 3 or 4 categories? Mark Carrier is the #1 receiver in Buccaneers history with 321 rec, 5,018 yds, 27 TD (a yearly average of 54 / 836 / 4.5) . I’m willing to bet there are 20 receivers right now in the NFL with 4 years experience (or less), that have more than that and Carrier was here for 6 years! Last year, Quincy Enunwa posted a stat line of 58 / 875 / 4. If he did that for 5 more years here, he’s be one of the two greatest receivers in Buccaneers history. Like I said, “bleak”.

Hey, if they want to use that for themselves, so be it… but I won’t put any credence in it. Personally, I’d rather they not set their goals to achieve such trivial accomplishments.

haha, nice twist. I did not post that they “set their goals to achieve such trivial accomplishments.”

• BucFanFromATL

Participant

Franchise Records are milestones no matter how mediocre they are. For Jameis and Mike Evans in their respective minds they already knew they were going to eclipse those pedestrian numbers… hopefully when their (long illustrious) careers are finished we will be able to call them lifetime Buccaneers and NFL all-time greats with all-time NFL records which we will then be able to call Buccaneers Franchise records also. Which will be very high, actually respectable numbers.

Jameis has stated on multiple occasions that his goal is to be the greatest QB of All time. So obviously he had plans to eclipse the franchise marks. A milestone is a milestone.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

Franchise Records are milestones no matter how mediocre they are. For Jameis and Mike Evans in their respective minds they already knew they were going to eclipse those pedestrian numbers… hopefully when their (long illustrious) careers are finished we will be able to call them lifetime Buccaneers and NFL all-time greats with all-time NFL records which we will then be able to call Buccaneers Franchise records also. Which will be very high, actually respectable numbers.

Jameis has stated on multiple occasions that his goal is to be the greatest QB of All time. So obviously he had plans to eclipse the franchise marks. A milestone is a milestone.

Jameis will retire as the greatest QB of all time.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

If that were the case then RB rushing records should be crushed in 3 year.

Lol. GTFO. You tell me how common it is for someone to come in post 3 consecutive 2000 yard rushing seasons. Because that’s what it would take to break the franchise rushing record in 3 years. Not to mention, that it’s a passing league now. Not like it was in the Wilder days.

Jameis is doing things in 2 years with passing that QBs even currently in the league have not been able to do.

Like what? Post a couple back to back 4000 yard seasons. That’s great and all, but there are plenty of QB’s who do that. If you’re referring to our own feeble franchise records, I already gave you examples of guys who’d be in the same spot as Jaboo.

To prime examples are Matty”Choke” and Andrew “Golden Boy” Luck

Examples of what? Let’s see, both of these guys led their respective teams to the playoffs in their rookie season. Ryan has averaged nearly 4700 yards and no worse than 66% completion percentage over the last 5 years. Luck threw for more yards in his first 2 season than Jaboo did. So, what exactly are these two players examples of?

• BucFanFromATL

Participant

“Records are made to be broken”

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m more interested in our defense breaking franchise records.

I’d like to see most sacks and INTs broken. I’d like to see fewest yards allowed. I’d like to see least point allowed.

THOSE records would be impressive. Not beating out Shaun King and Trent Dilfer, or Bert Emanuel and Joey Galloway.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m more interested in our defense breaking franchise records.

I’d like to see most sacks and INTs broken. I’d like to see fewest yards allowed. I’d like to see least point allowed.

THOSE records would be impressive.

So, basically, you’ll be impressed when the current defense has the best defense all time? Well, 2nd best, I think but who is counting, right?

I am not stat guy or a historian but wasn’t the 2002 defense one of the best of all time? 30+ interceptions, best scoring defense etc.

• DonkeyHunter

Spectator

“Records are made to be broken”

Indeed. It’s pretty clear that Jameis and Evans will set some new ones, that will be our new standard for offensive excellence.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m more interested in our defense breaking franchise records. I’d like to see most sacks and INTs broken. I’d like to see fewest yards allowed. I’d like to see least point allowed. THOSE records would be impressive.

So, basically, you’ll be impressed when the current defense has the best defense all time? Well, 2nd best, I think but who is counting, right? I am not stat guy or a historian but wasn’t the 2002 defense one of the best of all time? 30+ interceptions, best scoring defense etc.

Winston and Evans are already the best we’ve had… it would take a monumental collapse for them to not finish first. If you want to be great, you don’t compare yourself to the paltry offenses we’ve amassed over the years; you compare yourself to the greats like Manning, Brady, Brees, etc…

If Winston and Evans can replicate what Manning and Harrison did, then I’ll be impressed. I’m not satisfied with being the tallest midget, nor should you…

Yes the 2002 Bucs defense was one of the best defenses ever. THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD STRIVE TO BE. I’m not being negative, I just have high expectations. Be great, not good. The 2002 Bucs were great; one of the best ever. Let’s do THAT! Set our sights high or even to IMPOSSIBLE metrics… that way when we fall slightly short, we are better than 95% of the league.

OR

We can celebrate Winston breaking the All-time TD mark and being content with 9-7. I’m not pessimistic, I just expect more… not gonna apologize for that.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m more interested in our defense breaking franchise records. I’d like to see most sacks and INTs broken. I’d like to see fewest yards allowed. I’d like to see least point allowed. THOSE records would be impressive.

So, basically, you’ll be impressed when the current defense has the best defense all time? Well, 2nd best, I think but who is counting, right? I am not stat guy or a historian but wasn’t the 2002 defense one of the best of all time? 30+ interceptions, best scoring defense etc.

Winston and Evans are already the best we’ve had… it would take a monumental collapse for them to not finish first. If you want to be great, you don’t compare yourself to the paltry offenses we’ve amassed over the years; you compare yourself to the greats like Manning, Brady, Brees, etc…

If Winston and Evans can replicate what Manning and Harrison did, then I’ll be impressed. I’m not satisfied with being the tallest midget, nor should you…

Yes the 2002 Bucs defense was one of the best defenses ever. THAT IS WHAT WE SHOULD STRIVE TO BE. I’m not being negative, I just have high expectations. Be great, not good. The 2002 Bucs were great; one of the best ever. Let’s do THAT! Set our sights high or even to IMPOSSIBLE metrics… that way when we fall slightly short, we are better than 95% of the league.

OR

We can celebrate Winston breaking the All-time TD mark and being content with 9-7. I’m not pessimistic, I just expect more… not gonna apologize for that.

English is a second language or you’re just dishonest (i.e. Trolling)?

Your first comment was so ridiculous my dog gave me the post to knock it down.

Now, you’re in full on back pedal lol.

• Havok904

Participant

I would be happy with winning a couple of championships first.

• GottaJaboo

Blocked

I would be happy with winning a couple of championships first.

That’s what we are building here. A shot at championships. Anyone that cares how that happens, is a complete idiot. We have a great young QB, Great WR, what appears to be a solid TE corp. Let’s see where this leads us. THe criticism of the future (predicting mediocrity) comes from fans that don’t recognize what we have.

• naturalselection

Participant

http://www.buccaneers.com/videos/videos/Highlight-Winston-Touchdown-to-Evans/c894a160-eb52-47bb-b83d-7ee1e25d061a

If Mike and Jameis get down like that in the RZ, Mike will have the TD record by November. That is unstoppable for 95% of NFL DBs.

• Biggs3535

Participant

If Jameis can continue to throw that ball with that kind of touch, he’ll have lots of TD’s to Evans and Howard.

Viewing 41 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.