Viewing 21 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Mike Evans compares his game to Brandon Marshall's By Chase Goodbread College Football 24/7 writer    NFL.comPublished: April 20, 2014 at 05:39 p.m.evans_zps6624e591.jpgVicious isn't often a word associated with a wide receiver, but that's how former Texas A&M star Mike Evans sees Chicago Bears star Brandon Marshall. And Marshall, in turn, is how Evans has seen himself since high school."I get a lot of Vincent Jackson comparisons, and that's a great comparison," Evans said of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers standout, according to timesonline.com. "But I think Brandon Marshall. He's vicious after the catch. A big, physical guy, can go up and get it, blocks real well. So I've modeled my game after him since high school."The timing on that, in fact, would be just right. Evans' freshman year at Galveston (Texas) Ball High School would have coincided with Marshall's breakout season with the Denver Broncos in 2007, when he pulled in 102 catches for 1,325 yards as a second-year pro. At 6-4, 230 pounds, Marshall is certainly one of the few receivers in the NFL who compare to Evans (6-5, 231) in terms of size. As for production, Evans would do well to even approach Marshall's eight-year career, which includes seven 1,000-yard seasons and 57 touchdowns.Evans is expected to be the second wide receiver chosen in next month's NFL draft, after Clemson's Sammy Watkins. The aforementioned Jackson, in fact, could end up being Evans' teammate if the Buccaneers make him the No. 7 overall pick, as NFL Media analysts Daniel Jeremiah and Bucky Brooks project in their mock drafts

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Either type of player could serve us well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah I’ll take either , thanks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bucs offense is going to be bad this year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cant be worse than 2013. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cant be worse than 2013.

It can.Highly unlikely, but completely feasible.  What have they done to upgrade to instill confidence in that?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cant be worse than 2013.

It can.Highly unlikely, but completely feasible.  What have they done to upgrade to instill confidence in that?

Not for me - qb appears improved, as does the Oline.  RBs the same or better given experience, TE the same or better given experience and a draft packed with wrs... I don't see equal or worse than last last year boid - not challenging fate - but last year was pretty flipping disgusting from coaching to back ups and everything in between - including injuries and infections

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bad as in badass.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Cant be worse than 2013.

Unless they are adding more teams...not sure how we can rank any lower on offense at #32.  Gutting the front office and coaching staff was a hell of a start to give me some confidence.  The addition of 2 new OL coupled with the subtraction of 4 of our horrible ones gives me hope. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring him to Tampa Lichte

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can prefer Marshall, but he looks exactly like VJax on the football field with his style, mannerisms, etc..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Our offense should be improved. Doug/MJ will be healthy so we should have a solid RB rotation, pairing Wright up with Myers is an upgrade at TE, our pass protection should be improved… QB hopefully improved. If we can get Evans then I think our Offense should be solid, we won’t be world beaters but we should be good. I do think that Tedford may have to tweak his scheme some if we grab Evans because with all the talk about the short passing game/screens/bubble screens… I don’t see Evans or VJax as those typical speed in space guys that will get us a ton of yards after the catch on those sorts of plays.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets hope he doesn’t wanna be like Marshall of the field too  ::)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lol. That pic pretty much sums up Quincy Black’s career.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like the comparison/modeling after Marshall’s game.  Dude is absolutely tenacious.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Peter King says…"...Tampa Bay is partial to, among others, Texas A&M wide receiver Mike Evans at No. 7. I’ve watched a lot of Johnny Manziel tape recently, and I’ll say this about Evans: supremely talented, extremely hot-headed. He’d better cure his immaturity on the field, and fast..."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Partial to??????

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“…among others…”  So, really it's just a cover - all - bases type of statement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He can prefer Marshall, but he looks exactly like VJax on the football field with his style, mannerisms, etc..

Agree, and I have made the Vjax comparison before. I think about the only thing different is Vincent is the consummate pro on the field, and Evans can be a bit of hot head out there. But that wouldn't stop me from drafting him.  I would prefer Sammy, but this guy would be a decent consolation prize if Sammy is gone at #7.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans isn’t anywhere near as quick or precise as Brandon Marshall. It’s actually funny he thinks he compares to Marshall. That kid is delusional.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There is nothing about that quote that is delusional. He didn’t say he was as good as Marshall.  That would be delusional.  He simply stated that he has tried to model his game after Marshall since high school and that there can be similarities drawn to Marshall. Why would you not want a guy with physical similarities to a top 5 WR not to feel that he can reach those heights?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Evans isn't anywhere near as quick or precise as Brandon Marshall. It's actually funny he thinks he compares to Marshall. That kid is delusional.

I mean ive heard that Evans has some off the field questions, so I guess that's where he is getting the Marshall comparison, You are right, Marshall explodes in and out of cuts, runs much faster than his frame indicates.

Please wait…

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.