Viewing 106 reply threads

• Author

• Knucknbuc

Participant

Mike Evans was bad. 1 word answers no elaboration on anything. Terrible interview. Hopefully Mike was just having a bad day or something, Because that was one of the worst interviews I’ve ever heard. Hell even Bill bellichick would be ashamed of that interview.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

I’ll Happily trade “worse NFL interviewee ever” for “All Time Most Prolific Buccaneers Wide Receiver”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

BUST!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No doubt. But come on if you don’t feel like doing it don’t do it. Put a lil effort into it. It’s a national radio show it’s not like he was asking hard questions just dumb.

Please wait…

• vlagatta

Guys, have you heard/seen him talk?  Unless he’s with someone he knows and trusts, he clams up.  He is a one-word-answer-machine.  He cried like a baby when we drafted him, then clammed up.  It’s the way he is.  He’s trying his best since we drafted him, especially with interviews at OBP, but this kid is a lot more derrick brooks as far as mouth…and work ethics.  Expect a quiet player off the field, and a real angry & loud mouth during his games.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Great so we Drafted a Awesome WR, But a Bust at giving interviews Fire L&L!!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea not everyone is a public speaker. He’s probably being told to do these things. I’d hope it would be ok if he said he didn’t want to do it. He’ll get more comfortable with time, right now he’s just kinda awkward.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see it now. Bad interview after bad interview, a few jokes start to circulate, then he has a bad game and fans start to turn on him, next thing you know Lovie is forced to bench him because he’s a distraction to the team and before you  know it, he’s MC80 all over again. It’s not looking good for this young man, a shame really, I had high hopes for him. I guess it’s the first of many offensive fails we can expect from Lovie Smith.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Oh, sorry, #bluefont

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://jimrome.com/2014/05/20/mike-evans/For those peoplez

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just sounds like a guy who aint about talkin that much. I dont fault the guy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That interview was horrendous I have to admit. I just hope he does his talking on the field.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the way ppl are trying to make this out like I said just because the kid sucks at interviews I said he was going to be a bust. I just said he’s a terrible interview I think the kids going to be a beast but the kid makes Tim Duncan look like Dr.Phil when it comes to interviews. Geez. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s a reason most college programs wont let freshman talk to the press.  They have enough on their plate to worry about without having to deal with a member of the media. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Guy is not personable at all… with that said I think we are all going to love his game and attitude on the field. He's gonna make fans of opposing teams mad.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the way ppl are trying to make this out like I said just because the kid sucks at interviews I said he was going to be a bust. I just said he's a terrible interview I think the kids going to be a beast but the kid makes Tim Duncan look like Dr.Phil when it comes to interviews. Geez.

just breakin ballz man......important thing about Evans will be what he does when he's on the field...all the other stuff I don't care about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol was listening to Rome before, they were wrecking the kid

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love the way ppl are trying to make this out like I said just because the kid sucks at interviews I said he was going to be a bust. I just said he's a terrible interview I think the kids going to be a beast but the kid makes Tim Duncan look like Dr.Phil when it comes to interviews. Geez.

just breakin ballz man......important thing about Evans will be what he does when he's on the field...all the other stuff I don't care about.

Def man the field is all that matters. I could care less if he has the personality of a board off of it. I just heard it thought it was terrible and wanted to start a discussion on what everyone else thought of it.

Please wait…

• captainduwayne

Participant

8) mark my words….I five years Eric Page will be a bigger star than Mike Evans…also if I had to go on a long car ride with both of these guys I may shoot myself or at least bring a lot of movies :-

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

care to elaborate?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Florio addresses this here…http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/20/mike-evans-isnt-what-we-expect-in-a-receiver/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Am I crazy or is the interview not that bad?It gets rough at the end, but he's just answering the questions

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Evans was bad. 1 word answers no elaboration on anything. Terrible interview. Hopefully Mike was just having a bad day or something, Because that was one of the worst interviews I've ever heard. Hell even Bill bellichick would be ashamed of that interview.

Why in the world do you care about how personable Mike Evans our WR is? If he dominates on the field I dont care if he ever says more than 1 word to anybody. Actually I may think thats more badass

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was wrecking him before the interview?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Evans was bad. 1 word answers no elaboration on anything. Terrible interview. Hopefully Mike was just having a bad day or something, Because that was one of the worst interviews I've ever heard. Hell even Bill bellichick would be ashamed of that interview.

Why in the world do you care about how personable Mike Evans our WR is? If he dominates on the field I dont care if he ever says more than 1 word to anybody. Actually I may think thats more badass

Gregg Popovich is pretty notorious for his short in-game interviews. Usually hilarious because the sideline reporter is expecting more, but nope, Pop is done talking.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

care to elaborate?

Pretty much comparing him to his Alonzo Mourning interview

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He was wrecking him before the interview?

I listened at 2pm and yes, they were

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It’s Jim Rome…the only people that give a shit are his fucking weird listeners…Garbage radio.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He isn’t paid to be good at interviews…Besides the guy answered all the questions without getting angry at them. Rome should yell at himself for the poor questions he asked anyways.

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

Piss on Rome. This is his sole accomplishment, watch that smug look get wiped off his face:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hjgpo3_SF7M

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

8) mark my words....I five years Eric Page will be a bigger star than Mike Evans...also if I had to go on a long car ride with both of these guys I may shoot myself or at least bring a lot of movies :-

Not a fan of Evans but Eric Page sucks

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rome is a clown….f*ck him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see it now. Bad interview after bad interview, a few jokes start to circulate, then he has a bad game and fans start to turn on him, next thing you know Lovie is forced to bench him because he's a distraction to the team and before you  know it, he's MC80 all over again. It's not looking good for this young man, a shame really, I had high hopes for him. I guess it's the first of many offensive fails we can expect from Lovie Smith.

I'm good with Evans as he seems to be starting off very strong. Maybe we miss out but it could very well be that zero QBs are franchise worthy between this year and last years draft. We'll see.

BucNY the Midol is on isle 7. Do us all a favor and get some in ya.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he isn’t a diva wideout like they “all” are?  Out on their own Island after they break from the huddle, doing their own thing, away from the huddled group of their fellow teammates?  The huge ego stuff?Not there?Oh well.  He is quiet.  But the dude tries to drill corners for oil when he blocks, and he will come down with the ball on those "go get it" throws, every time.  Even over Dik Sherman.For a real quiet guy on interviews, he sure plays with a nasty chip on his shoulder, and gets really tempermental on the sidelines at times.I like the way he plays.  The less he talks, the freaking better.We don't need a wideout who runs his mouth like an idiot.  Just catch those fifty-50's, and score 6's.  Rome is a total asshat.  He is a terrible radio host. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

8) mark my words....I five years Eric Page will be a bigger star than Mike Evans...also if I had to go on a long car ride with both of these guys I may shoot myself or at least bring a lot of movies :-

Not a fan of Evans but Eric Page sucks

I love how the kid hasn’t even played a down for us and you already don’t like him lol. You are a clown

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

When you are a dullard, which Evans is, you really don’t talk much.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Listening to Rome is like listening to a 14 year old skateboard punk.  When he asked Evans open ended questions he got a good response. When he asked closed ended questions he got the answers the questions deserved. Instead of tearing on Evans, skater boy needs to spend more time on his own game.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can see it now. Bad interview after bad interview, a few jokes start to circulate, then he has a bad game and fans start to turn on him, next thing you know Lovie is forced to bench him because he's a distraction to the team and before you  know it, he's MC80 all over again. It's not looking good for this young man, a shame really, I had high hopes for him. I guess it's the first of many offensive fails we can expect from Lovie Smith.

You're a f*cking idiot. Oops...blue font.

Please wait…

• gobucs123

Participant

Who cares ? Rome is a hack who reads off a pre-prepared script all day , then repeats it all when he runs out of material . Glad Evans made him work.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well there goes ticket sales.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couple hours ago I saw Evans on PFT on NBCS (my fav nfl show) and Evans was much better. The host had some good questions and follow ups and Mike was nicer than usual.Fact is that Mike is a Buc and represents the Bucs. He is going to have to represent our team in a good way our else it will make its way around the league pretty quick. We don't need no bad pub in any way shape or form. So Mike needs to be the best Bucs employee he can be on and off the field, he's a professional now so start acting like it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Couple hours ago I saw Evans on PFT on NBCS (my fav nfl show) and Evans was much better. The host had some good questions and follow ups and Mike was nicer than usual.Fact is that Mike is a Buc and represents the Bucs. He is going to have to represent our team in a good way our else it will make its way around the league pretty quick. We don't need no bad pub in any way shape or form. So Mike needs to be the best Bucs employee he can be on and off the field, he's a professional now so start acting like it.

Jam it up your ass. If the kid does his job on the field and off he doesn't owe you anything.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jam it up your ass. If the kid does his job on the field and off he doesn't owe you anything.

:o

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol dat dude butt hurt. guess he missed my post on page 1some buc fans are just fickle and insecure... they cant handle the truth so out of that manifests aggression.at least it made me laugh

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally love that hes quiet and different from all the other recievers. I think he might have a lot of built up anger though, seems like a guy who thinks the world is out to get him. Which is good I hope he plays nasty and makes no friends out there. Just no arrests please for the love of god

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does he rap?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t have any problem with the interview. He didn’t want to talk about Manziel much and who can blame him? My favorite answer in the whole interview is what he remembers most about the Alabama game, “we lost”. Guy’s head is in the right place, and the Bucs are going to be better for it. Screw Rome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We drafted this guy for good reasons. None had anything to to do w/ pleasing Jim Rome. Let Evans be Evans. Some of you need to stop trying to find a hero to worship.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I personally love that hes quiet and different from all the other recievers. I think he might have a lot of built up anger though, seems like a guy who thinks the world is out to get him. Which is good I hope he plays nasty and makes no friends out there. Just no arrests please for the love of god

I agree with all that... I just don't want the guy making us look bad. He doesn't have to kiss ass, just represent the Bucs in interviews with some care and professionalism. Is that too much to ask?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We drafted this guy for good reasons. None had anything to to do w/ pleasing Jim Rome. Let Evans be Evans. Some of you need to stop trying to find a hero to worship.

You idolize those fugly drag looking pansies in your sig... those are your heroes so shut your yapAre you Mike's mom? He's an athlete/celebrity so get over it, he is now under a microscope.You're taking this more serious than anyone, when it's just a DISCUSSION on a FORUM in the OFF SEASON

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You idolize those fugly drag looking pansies in your sig... those are your heroes so shut your yapAre you Mike's mom? He's an athlete/celebrity so get over it, he is now under a microscope.You're taking this more serious than anyone, when it's just a DISCUSSION on a FORUM in the OFF SEASON

Lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

audio of rome post interviewhttp://deadspin.com/mike-evanss-jim-rome-show-appearance-was-truly-awful-1579122173

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I agree with all that... I just don't want the guy making us look bad. He doesn't have to kiss ass, just represent the Bucs in interviews with some care and professionalism. Is that too much to ask?

I didn’t see the interview but ive seen others. I don’t see how you think hes making us look bad lol. If he was running his mouth every 5 seconds that might make us look bad but being quiet and reserved who the hell cares?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

audio of rome post interviewhttp://deadspin.com/mike-evanss-jim-rome-show-appearance-was-truly-awful-1579122173

Wasn’t that bad hes just a simple dude. Im listening to him now bash evans after he got off, god I strongly dislike Jim Rome

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“I just don’t want the guy making us look bad.”Drama Queen.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This ain’t the first, second, or third time.Florio also wrote an article about this on Evans.Night of the draft Bucky Brooks was giving Evans major props, Brooks was really being nice to him... didn't do much, Mike was still flat towards himThe fat and disgusting Rich Herrera and Booger also were taken back after they interviewed Mike. They gave him an easy interview with welcoming words after being drafted and coming to Tampa. They both made comments over the air about how he was just being kind of a jerk for no reason.The people who catch those interviews of Mike being rather annoyed and disinterested are listeners and fans. they here a guy and think bad personality, they associate that feeling with the Bucs, and its already making its rounds... reason why is because this guy is our top draft pick. He's not the face of the franchise but close enough for it to be important that he shouldn't tank every interview on tv, radio, whatever...just don't do them and save the listeners the awkwardness

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This ain't the first, second, or third time.Florio also wrote an article about this on Evans.Night of the draft Bucky Brooks was giving Evans major props, Brooks was really being nice to him... didn't do much, Mike was still flat towards himThe fat and disgusting Rich Herrera and Booger also were taken back after they interviewed Mike. They gave him an easy interview with welcoming words after being drafted and coming to Tampa. They both made comments over the air about how he was just being kind of a jerk for no reason.The people who catch those interviews of Mike being rather annoyed and disinterested are listeners and fans. they here a guy and think bad personality, they associate that feeling with the Bucs, and its already making its rounds... reason why is because this guy is our top draft pick. He's not the face of the franchise but close enough for it to be important that he shouldn't tank every interview on tv, radio, whatever...just don't do them and save the listeners the awkwardness

lol calm down dude

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I broke a long standing vow of Jim Rome celibacy for this interview.  How did he make "us" look bad?  He didn't say anything embarrassing or offensive.  He wasn't talkative enough?  Maybe he shouldn't have done the interview in the first place, but I am willing to bet it wasn't entirely his decision.  He didn't sound standoffish or disinterested.  He is clearly not a good interview at this point in his young life.  I have heard so many bad radio interviews with college kids on team radio, and Mike Evans is the equivalent age wise of most redshirt sophomores.  This did not stand out at all as memorably bad.  Guys like him aren't typically forced into a national spotlight type environment.  Jim wants to rip on a 20 year old kid for not being engaging enough on his program.  Maybe he or someone from his team should have spent 5 minutes in prep with him before going live?  I REALLY doubt it happened at all, which is poor professionalism on the part of a long time host with a huge show bringing on a first time guest who is largely inexperienced with being interviewed.  If there was some kind of prep, I highly doubt Mike was someone else in that process and then shut down when the mike went hot.    If Jim was as good at his job as he expected his young guest to be (at not his job) he would have known what he was getting into before hand and either called it off or had a better plan.  He went in cold and lazy with a few token questions he had dug up to try and show cursory knowledge of his guest.  Expected his guest to carry him and got burned a little.  Fine, let it go and move on with your day.  No, then went totally chicken **CENSORED** and spent the next lazy ass segment ripping his guest (and airing the voice of his audience doing same).  **CENSORED** Jim Rome. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

"I just don't want the guy making us look bad."Drama Queen.

2 fugly drag queens in your sig. and I mean FUGLY. You lose off that alone weirdo.Drafting high character guys who can handle the spot light (generally speaking) to represent their organization has been emphasis for every team... are they drama queens ?Again it's only been a discussion but you are fickle Mike's mom. Shouldn't you be combing a doll's hair? Whatever weird stuff you're into I'd just wish you'd quit posting so much, no one wants to see them fugly whatevs in your sig.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This ain't the first, second, or third time.Florio also wrote an article about this on Evans.Night of the draft Bucky Brooks was giving Evans major props, Brooks was really being nice to him... didn't do much, Mike was still flat towards himThe fat and disgusting Rich Herrera and Booger also were taken back after they interviewed Mike. They gave him an easy interview with welcoming words after being drafted and coming to Tampa. They both made comments over the air about how he was just being kind of a jerk for no reason.The people who catch those interviews of Mike being rather annoyed and disinterested are listeners and fans. they here a guy and think bad personality, they associate that feeling with the Bucs, and its already making its rounds... reason why is because this guy is our top draft pick. He's not the face of the franchise but close enough for it to be important that he shouldn't tank every interview on tv, radio, whatever...just don't do them and save the listeners the awkwardness

lol calm down dude

Calm down? Is your brain slowing down and cant think of much to say?I'm calm your post was filler and adds nothing to the discussion.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol calm down dude

Calm down? Is your brain slowing down and cant think of much to say?I'm calm your post was filler and adds nothing to the discussion.

I’ve been adding to this discussion the entire thread. It sounds like your about to have a typical board meltown though so relax

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another reach post, you wish guyMy input is ruffling some feathers and that's how I know I'm dealing with fans who later run off while I'll still stand.Time to get in your lotus position and hope for my downfall. I see right through you chump.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your input is ruffling some feathers because your expectations are silly.  Dude is not a good radio interview.  I’m not seeing any debate on that point.  Hopefully he will become better, but on the priority list it’s somewhere around learning to effective traverse the greater Tampa area by car imo.  To try and draw further conclusions about Mike Evans as a person based on how he performs as a radio guest seems ridiculous. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who gives a shit? If you really care about this you are a straight up b1tch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Your input is ruffling some feathers because your expectations are silly.  Dude is not a good radio interview.  I'm not seeing any debate on that point.  Hopefully he will become better, but on the priority list it's somewhere around learning to effective traverse the greater Tampa area by car imo.  To try and draw further conclusions about Mike Evans as a person based on how he performs as a radio guest seems ridiculous.

+1

Who gives a **CENSORED**? If you really care about this you are a straight up b1tch.

+1

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

PFT had an interview with Evans as well today. He was soft-spoken but gave pretty solid responses. I would rather him be like this than some of the other jacka$$ receivers in the NFL.

Please wait…

• stonecoldbucsfan

Participant

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Another reach post, you wish guyMy input is ruffling some feathers and that's how I know I'm dealing with fans who later run off while I'll still stand.Time to get in your lotus position and hope for my downfall. I see right through you chump.

You were actually slowly becoming one of my favorite posters here now I see you are a moron. too good to be true I guess lol oh well

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You were actually slowly becoming one of my favorite posters here now I see you are a moron. too good to be true I guess lol oh well

I share the same sentiments, I thought you were a good poster until you ran low on things to say and began to reach Still have nothing against you in any way, you ain't so bad compared to most... whether someone thinks I'm good or a moron... doesn't matter because the impact it has on my life is zero

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

PFT had an interview with Evans as well today. He was soft-spoken but gave pretty solid responses. I would rather him be like this than some of the other jacka$$ receivers in the NFL.

talked about that in page 3. thought it was a good interview

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

“But I didn’t like Mike’s radio interview….he doesn’t represent us like he should.”Preach on, Sally!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I share the same sentiments, I thought you were a good poster until you ran low on things to say and began to reach Still have nothing against you in any way, you ain't so bad compared to most... whether someone thinks I'm good or a moron... doesn't matter because the impact it has on my life is zero

I wasn’t reaching, I just think your overreacting to to a stupid Jim Rome interview. F that guy I’m glad he feels dissed. Anyways it’s pretty obvious Evans isn’t the most intelligent guy in the world. He’s also 20. All that should matter is if he stays out of trouble and produces on the field. Him being a bad interviewer actually is a welcome change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike sounds awesome to me, just going about his business.  He hasn’t done anything in the NFL yet, so he sounds humble. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I work with a crap ton of 20 year-olds. Many of them excel at their jobs – you’d be amazed at how good they are at something so difficult, yet so young. That said, I would never dream of putting about 80% of them in front a national audience to vocally represent our organization. I prefer to keep that pressure on the management and more experienced folks and let the actions of our young guys represent our professionalism. Settle down, people. He's 20. He's never had this kind of attention at a national level. His immaturity will wane and I trust that Lovie and the vets on the team will provide the mentorship that he needs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/20/mike-evans-would-rather-level-a-guy-than-score-a-touchdown/Sounds like a good interview here. Video (audio for MIke) under the article.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I listened to the Rome reaction first and then the audio and was expecting much worse. He just sounded like a nervous, introverted kid to me. I didn’t think he came across as annoyed or intentionally short at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't have any problem with the interview. He didn't want to talk about Manziel much and who can blame him? My favorite answer in the whole interview is what he remembers most about the Alabama game, "we lost". Guy's head is in the right place, and the Bucs are going to be better for it. Screw Rome.

I think this point should be underscored for everyone.  Evans seemed like a humble and shy guy.  He definitely could use some media training, but he answered every question concisely.  I loved the response he gave when asked about the Alabama game.  " we lost" basically deflecting any individual credit for playing great.  This kid doesn't have to be mr congeniality.  We have had our fair share of players that talk great, but do not play great.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wow I have to say that I’m pretty disappointed in the responses of some of you fellow Buc “fans”.  He’s a young man doing a radio interview, directly after practice!  Give him a break;  and honestly, Rome is nothing more than a tool.  I really couldn’t care less if Evans’ interview wasn’t to his liking.  I’ve seen Evans interview elsewhere and all I saw/heard was a good kid, that’s excited to play for our team.  What’s worse, I read a the same topic on a Saints blog, and everyone supported Evans.  What the hell?!?! Makes me a little ashamed to be linked to some of you.  Honestly, go root for another team if you dislike our players.  And if you’re a fan of Rome, before you’re a fan of the Bucs… Go F yourself.  We really don’t need idiots like you representing the rest of us.  For the rest of you who actually support our team, Go Bucs!!  And I think the Evans/Jackson combo will be fun to watch. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lots of real housewives in this thread. I do think one thing should be noted. Intelligence should play no role in the discussion of how great a public speaker one is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I work with a crap ton of 20 year-olds. Many of them excel at their jobs - you'd be amazed at how good they are at something so difficult, yet so young. That said, I would never dream of putting about 80% of them in front a national audience to vocally represent our organization. I prefer to keep that pressure on the management and more experienced folks and let the actions of our young guys represent our professionalism. Settle down, people. He's 20. He's never had this kind of attention at a national level. His immaturity will wane and I trust that Lovie and the vets on the team will provide the mentorship that he needs.

assistant mgr.  Burger King.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe he was stunned by the crease Jim Everett put in Rome’s nose…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rome is just as much to blame on this interview.  A good interviewer would have picked up that Evans is a little shy and he would ask more open ended questions to get him warmed up and talking.  Im not a big fan of Florio, but he wrote something about this yesterday and mentioned he had to alter his approach towards Evans in order to get a better interview.  Its a lot easier for Rome to lay all the blame at the feet of a 20 year old rookie rather than actually admit he did a poor job asking questions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rome bad mouth Simeon Rice big time after interviewing him maybe 10 years ago.  Had to do with that Cardinal Safety who quit the nfl to become an Army Ranger.  Rice had basically said he wasn’t all that good of an NFL player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rome bad mouth Simeon Rice big time after interviewing him maybe 10 years ago.  Had to do with that Cardinal Safety who quit the nfl to become an Army Ranger.  Rice had basically said he wasn't all that good of an NFL player.

He's an opinionated man with a big mouth and a microphone...bound to happen if you dont play the game to his liking.  To be fair, Rice was spot on but it was honesty nobody wanted to hear.  Pat Tillman was an incredible man, but a sub-par NFL player.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who gives a **CENSORED**? If you really care about this you are a straight up b1tch.

+1

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't have any problem with the interview. He didn't want to talk about Manziel much and who can blame him? My favorite answer in the whole interview is what he remembers most about the Alabama game, "we lost". Guy's head is in the right place, and the Bucs are going to be better for it. Screw Rome.

I think this point should be underscored for everyone.  Evans seemed like a humble and shy guy.  He definitely could use some media training, but he answered every question concisely.  I loved the response he gave when asked about the Alabama game.  " we lost" basically deflecting any individual credit for playing great.  This kid doesn't have to be mr congeniality.  We have had our fair share of players that talk great, but do not play great.

+1000 on the Bama response. And screw J-Rome.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol calm down dude

tight panties, perhaps?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Ohs Nos! Our first round pick gave a bad radio interview! Who cares. I dislike Rome enough to not listen to him no matter how many Bucs he interviews.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My favorite part was when Rome asked Evans “is it true you ate a whole pizza before a game once??” And Evans was like “yeah…. Maybe 3/4” awkward silence lol

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So he is a bad interview. Who gives a fuck? As long as he produces, little else matters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

We drafted a WR, not a professional conversationalist.   Rome has a more intense on-air personality, while Evans is much more laid-back publicly. An obvious clash of public styles.   Rome supposedly is a professional at what he does, so why did he expect Evans to be different than he's been in previous interviews?? Rome just did a poor job of leading him, IMO. Actually started a couple questions before Evans finished his answers to the previous question. Folks from the deep South would take offense to that..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say that I am surprised this made it seven pages (and counting), but yeah…no…Some of the shit that some you come up with is fucking hilarious (...not really...it's fucking sad...).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So, it was bad advise to tell him to picture Rome naked?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rome is so 15 years ago.  When he was originally on it was great radio and I mean great.  The callers were great and his interviews were classic.  It is mindless garbage now.He actually asked Lou Holtz if there was anything wrong with him mentally...Lou just laughed.  There were some great bits a long time ago but his act is worn, tired and old.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I work with a crap ton of 20 year-olds. Many of them excel at their jobs - you'd be amazed at how good they are at something so difficult, yet so young. That said, I would never dream of putting about 80% of them in front a national audience to vocally represent our organization. I prefer to keep that pressure on the management and more experienced folks and let the actions of our young guys represent our professionalism. Settle down, people. He's 20. He's never had this kind of attention at a national level. His immaturity will wane and I trust that Lovie and the vets on the team will provide the mentorship that he needs.

assistant mgr.  Burger King.

Military.I know it's not as exciting as your occupation:Living in mom and dad's basement.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Anyways it's pretty obvious Evans isn't the most intelligent guy in the world.

Interesting observation!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

eh…..it’s time for training camp to start.  I can’t believe we’re complaining about a jim rome interview our 1st round pick did.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I would say that I am surprised this made it seven pages (and counting), but yeah...no...Some of the **CENSORED** that some you come up with is **CENSORED**ing hilarious (...not really...it's **CENSORED**ing sad...).

Oh no's a topic to actually conversate about other then the same regurgitated shit that's been talked about ad nausem the last few weeks. Its not like it's the off season or anything. Maybe you'd rather talk about glennon being  or not being the future, or even better who has won the off season so far, or some other topic that has or hasn't already been discussed 10 or more times. Wtf would u rather discuss?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Conversate!

Please wait…

• brycen54

Participant

So many illiterates were using that word that they decided to go ahead and put it in the dictionary.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The best perspective I’ve seen on “The Interview”.  http://bucsscene.blogs.theledger.com/15009/overreacting-to-one-interview/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lots of real housewives in this thread.

LMAO....Desparate ones too!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I broke a long standing vow of Jim Rome celibacy for this interview.  How did he make "us" look bad?  He didn't say anything embarrassing or offensive.  He wasn't talkative enough?  Maybe he shouldn't have done the interview in the first place, but I am willing to bet it wasn't entirely his decision.  He didn't sound standoffish or disinterested.  He is clearly not a good interview at this point in his young life.  I have heard so many bad radio interviews with college kids on team radio, and Mike Evans is the equivalent age wise of most redshirt sophomores.  This did not stand out at all as memorably bad.  Guys like him aren't typically forced into a national spotlight type environment.  Jim wants to rip on a 20 year old kid for not being engaging enough on his program.  Maybe he or someone from his team should have spent 5 minutes in prep with him before going live?  I REALLY doubt it happened at all, which is poor professionalism on the part of a long time host with a huge show bringing on a first time guest who is largely inexperienced with being interviewed.  If there was some kind of prep, I highly doubt Mike was someone else in that process and then shut down when the mike went hot.    If Jim was as good at his job as he expected his young guest to be (at not his job) he would have known what he was getting into before hand and either called it off or had a better plan.  He went in cold and lazy with a few token questions he had dug up to try and show cursory knowledge of his guest.  Expected his guest to carry him and got burned a little.  Fine, let it go and move on with your day.  No, then went totally chicken **CENSORED** and spent the next lazy ass segment ripping his guest (and airing the voice of his audience doing same).  **CENSORED** Jim Rome. ^^^^^^^ Amen ^^^^^^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This thread didn’t quite turn out how the OP intended lol….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To the “fan” worried about the 20 yr old rookie, makin us “look bad”, on a Jim Rome interview:  Dude, “fans” like you do a great job of makin us look bad without any help from Mike Evans, or anyone else on the Bucs team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounded to me like a DB who’s lost his perspective and is mocking guys coming out of college for not enhancing his sports show. What a disingenuous prick.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Sounded to me like a DB who's lost his perspective and is mocking guys coming out of college for not enhancing his sports show. What a disingenuous prick.

It's kinda been his thing ever since Jim E beat his ass. Maybe/probably before it even...but a guy with 30yrs in radio/tv, harping on a kid that has 1/30th of the airtime he's had for hamming up takes real balls...Rome is a db, and his talk about horses is what gets me to change the station, but he is what he is. A prick view of the sports world.

Please wait…

Viewing 106 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.