Mike Glennon Benched.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant

Poor guy can’t win. Thoughts?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

The problem is he needed to speed up his decision making or release to be an NFL starting QB. Trubisky has a quicker release and is more mobile.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Build the trenches!

acacius
    Participant

That job of his is good work if you can get it.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    PassThePigSkin
    Participant

Wish I could hold a clipboard for millions. Lucky guy.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

With the decline in O-line play across the whole league. I think teams are leaning towards QB’s with a little bit of mobility. Even Jameis has a little scoot to him. Mike is a sitting duck standing in the pocket all the time.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Bucpride5
    Participant

Can’t feel bad for him dude gets paid millions to do nothing. Dude has no hunger or desire in him, plays to soft to be a good qb

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

2016, can't be worse than Lovie's first year, right...

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bears did him no favors in using all their draft capital to trade up for a QB rather than compliment the team around him. He was doomed from the moment that happened. His crappy play the first weeks of the season just hastened the inevitable. Tough luck Mike, enjoy all the money.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

Shastada
    Oct 2, 17 at 12:32 pm #1029047
    Bears did him no favors in using all their draft capital to trade up for a QB rather than compliment the team around him. He was doomed from the moment that happened. His crappy play the first weeks of the season just hastened the inevitable. Tough luck Mike, enjoy all the money.

—————–

I dont think he played crappy, he was just very predictable. He dinked and dunked his way down the field. At the end of the day, it seemed like he had close to 300 yards passing, but then you look at pass completions and he would have 48 for 55.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    DonkeyHunter
    Spectator

It was inevitable. He’s simply not a good QB.

He isn’t and never was the future for the Bears or any NFL franchise. Good on him for getting paid, though.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Biggs3535
    Participant

This is a stunning turn of events. It looks like the Buccaneers won’t get that 3rd round comp pick I was promised by @Hayseed.

Glennon will continue to be one of the better back-ups in the league. I have no idea why people thought he was anything other than that.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    Alldaway 2.0
    Participant

Bears have a healthy stable at RB.

They have been decimated by injuries at WR but that rookie TE Shaheen and the vet Miller they offered opportunities but Glennon failed to pull the trigger on play action opportunities downfield.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...

Build the trenches!

BP1
    Participant

Bucpride5
    Oct 2, 17 at 12:27 pm #1029045
    Can’t feel bad for him dude gets paid millions to do nothing. Dude has no hunger or desire in him, plays to soft to be a good qb

How long have you known Mike? Say whatever you want about his on the field play. but never say he “has no hunger or desire in him” for the game. That is so far from the truth.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    AlecEiffel
    Participant

“Dude has no hunger or desire in him, plays to soft to be a good qb”

hopefully typed while downing 3rd corn dog.

seriously though, I am not a big Glennon fan but where to people come up with stuff like this without actually knowing the person?

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    The Anti-Java
    Participant

BP1
    Oct 2, 17 at 1:47 pm #1029111
    Bucpride5
    Oct 2, 17 at 12:27 pm #1029045

How long have you known Mike? Say whatever you want about his on the field play. but never say he “has no hunger or desire in him” for the game. That is so far from the truth.

——————

I hear ya B. Its wrong to assume guys would be ok just collecting that check. To some guys its more important to be successful in the league, its what drives them.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
    tog
    Participant

He played himself out of the job. Those INTs of his were really bad. Sailing throws.

No votes yet.
    Please wait...
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.