Viewing 38 reply threads

• Author

• ToddyBuc

Okay yea Schiano drafted him and numskull Dominick but as I said he was a frickin rookie.  Penn and Joseph failed.  Sullivan failed. Martin and James injured.  He can learn from Tedford OC. as well as McCown.  Mccown is good enough for 2-3 years.  Glennon will play some as well.  Lets just give him a chance with the new regime.  That would enable us to go guard with 38 and then get our slot reciever at 69...  I hope we can get a 4 somehow,  but im thinking best cb-lb in 5th roundJust heard we are getting many calls for our 38 pick... 2 hours exciting shit.Go bucs.. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Most notably, Sullivan sucked and the system was horrible.  but it doesnt matter ToddyBuc, Glennon doesnt have "it". What I mean by that is he doesnt have swagger. You know, like those brad culpepper commercials. He's not cute enough, and his neck is huge. Because of those things I cant see him being a true franchise QB. Were his numbers solid for a rookie? Yes, and they were more than solid considering the situation. If he improves like normal QB improve after the rookie season could he actually be good? Sure, but I dont think he will improve.Why do I think he wont improve? I dont know, I think it has something to do with the lack of "it" and "swag" and possible his face.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone tell Lovie he didn’t need to sign McCown. Apparently he doesn’t know who this Glennon guy is. Thanks for your help.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey if Steve Dumeig, Joe Bucs Fan and Tom Jones say he is a career backup after 13 games than it is fact!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pepsi thats funny stuff..    oxymoron type sh it.    If he doesnt show progress Draft a Qb in 2015 or 2016.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pepsi thats funny stuff..    oxymoron type sh it.    If he doesnt show progress Draft a Qb in 2015 or 2016.

Its that simple to me as well

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey if Steve Dumeig, Joe Bucs Fan and Tom Jones say he is a career backup after 13 games than it is fact!!![/quoteI'm glad there not making the decision s..    He practically beat Seattle.    Again had no running game and sullivan- penn and Joseph failed him miserably

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Hey if Steve Dumeig, Joe Bucs Fan and Tom Jones say he is a career backup after 13 games than it is fact!!!

Best sig pic of the year award goes to you

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is better than anyone left in the draft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Twin towers doing there thing.    Evans is a beast.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is better than anyone left in the draft[/quoteagreed +1..    come to think he might be better. Than the 3 first rounders taken yesterday..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Bortels but Manziel and Bridgewater are not guarantees by any stretch.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is the wave rider of the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Someone tell Lovie he didn't need to sign McCown. Apparently he doesn't know who this Glennon guy is. Thanks for your help.

You really are one of the most arrogant posters I have ever read on this board over the last few years.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like Bortels but Manziel and Bridgewater are not guarantees by any stretch.

There is NO SUCH THING..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he’s going to stay, he needs to have better/quicker feet (in his drop backs) and speed up his progressions and his release.  I’m sure that’s what they’re working on. IIRC, Tedford mentioned these things in his introductory PC.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think it’s clear they liked what they saw from both QBS in the minicamp. The rest was smokescreening to keep a wr hungry team from jumping in front of them for Evans.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is better than anyone left in the draft[/quoteagreed +1..    come to think he might be better. Than the 3 first rounders taken yesterday..

And that's why Glennon is still a Buc and we haven't drafted a QB. I doubt we do either. Lovie/Licht have actual tape on Glennon against NFL defenses when he had poor blocking, limited receiving skills, degraded run game, questionable game plans, et al. And STILL the man managed 19 TD passes and only 9 INTs. Apparently they are able to see the good side of his game from last year which many here do not. I have no idea why people doubt Glennon's ability to improve this year. Bucs have NO tape of any 2014 draftees vs NFL defenses. It is very questionable how any of them will fare over their career in the NFL compared to Glennon...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he's going to stay, he needs to have better/quicker feet (in his drop backs) and speed up his progressions and his release.  I'm sure that's what they're working on. IIRC, Tedford mentioned these things in his introductory PC.

Agree. I believe he has dropped a few pounds since last season, so should be in better shape. He’s a motivated young man; I’ve read he’s practically been living at 1Buc this off-season. Tedford’s faster-paced offense will fit Glennon much better than Sullivan’s where receivers are reading defenses, which is time-consuming and necessarily causes the QB to hold the ball longer. Glennon is a smart guy and quite capable of running an up-tempo offense very well.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point, having not taken Manziel, I am just focusing on the present.The Bucs have a very good veteran QB in Mccown who can lead this team, with 2 6'5" receivers and a 6'4" tight end. I'm pumped for now.QB needs to be dealt with in the future.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

People just dont have a clue.    I dont know how much more you can lay it out.  Sullivan o line no running game and limited recievers for most of the season.    He dissected Seattle incredible defense in front of the 12 th man.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon is better than anyone left in the draft

No way to know that. Plenty of QB's drafted in the 2nd or later rounds who are HoF'ers. I'm sure people thought Tom Brady was a waste of time too.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

At this point, having not taken Manziel, I am just focusing on the present.The Bucs have a very good veteran QB in Mccown who can lead this team, with 2 6'5" receivers and a 6'4" tight end. I'm pumped for now.QB needs to be dealt with in the future.

well said and we will have a slot reciever and 2 pretty good running backs coming back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It looked like he put on some muscle in that last mini camp…  One thing to work up in addressing  his mobility.http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Photos-Voluntary-Mini-Camp-Day-1/c81367fc-a98c-4d76-868a-febd38144ece#ec0f8f65-af36-4650-b5fd-8833261cc271

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has stated clearly that his qb is McCown – and if that is the case a mediocre 35 year old back up who had a hot streak has the buccaneer qb job as a result of the HC’s evaluation.  And that does tell you something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has stated clearly that his qb is McCown - and if that is the case a mediocre 35 year old back up who had a hot streak has the buccaneer qb job as a result of the HC's evaluation.  And that does tell you something.

Yea it tells me Glennon will be on the right path to becoming a quality backup QB in the league!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie has stated clearly that his qb is McCown - and if that is the case a mediocre 35 year old back up who had a hot streak has the buccaneer qb job as a result of the HC's evaluation.  And that does tell you something.

I am so depressed I would be happy with Murray at this point haha.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon’s arms are way bigger.  Thx for the pics.    Tedford will help him with so much..  Schiano and sully were jokes for coaches.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea it tells me Glennon will be on the right path to becoming a quality backup QB in the league!

Well there you go, now you can be happy.  Oh, forgot the !!!!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He dissected Seattle incredible defense in front of the 12 th man.

Then what happened?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well they lost.  But the crowd didn’t faze him.  The team and coach stunk it up pretty much the rest of the season.  Injuries to his rb andpathetic oline play

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So there is no way Glennon matures and gets better, gotcha. Wish I could see into the future. How good was Aikman his rookie year? Eli? And on and on and on..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well they lost.  But the crowd didn't faze him.  The team and coach stunk it up pretty much the rest of the season.  Injuries to his rb andpathetic oline play

Russell Wilson's OL was much worse but he didn't need that excuse on the way to winning a championship

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

So there is no way Glennon matures and gets better, gotcha. Wish I could see into the future. How good was Aikman his rookie year? Eli? And on and on and on..

How much did Josh Johnson improve? How about Bruce Gradkowski?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well they lost.  But the crowd didn't faze him.  The team and coach stunk it up pretty much the rest of the season.  Injuries to his rb andpathetic oline play

Russell Wilson's OL was much worse but he didn't need that excuse on the way to winning a championship

Wilson has been lucky enough to have a dominant defense and solid running game.  Check his stats in their victory over New Orleans in the playoffs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To those that aren’t willing to give Glennon a chance due to his lack of production let me show this to you.  Tom Brady did not start his rookie year and did not begin his 2nd year as a starter.  He was named the starter after Drew Bledsoe got hurt.  Here are Brady’s 2nd year stats and Glennon’s rookie stats- both expanded to 16 games.comp percent  yards  ypa  yards/g  td  td%  int  int%  rating63.9                3032    6.9  189.5    19  4.4  13  2.9    86.5    59.4                3210    6.3  200.6    23  4.6  11  2.2    83.9Please explain to me again why we shouldn't give this kid a chance?  Glennon's rookie stats are almost identical to Brady's 2nd year stats.  Now I am not saying Glennon is the next Brady, but I am saying he has earned the chance to try.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

To those that aren't willing to give Glennon a chance due to his lack of production let me show this to you.  Tom Brady did not start his rookie year and did not begin his 2nd year as a starter.  He was named the starter after Drew Bledsoe got hurt.  Here are Brady's 2nd year stats and Glennon's rookie stats- both expanded to 16 games.comp percent  yards  ypa  yards/g  td  td%  int  int%  rating63.9                3032    6.9  189.5    19  4.4  13  2.9    86.5    59.4                3210    6.3  200.6    23  4.6  11  2.2    83.9Please explain to me again why we shouldn't give this kid a chance?  Glennon's rookie stats are almost identical to Brady's 2nd year stats.  Now I am not saying Glennon is the next Brady, but I am saying he has earned the chance to try.

Shall we just ignore the fact that the league is in the process of outlawing defense, something that's started between those 2 seasons.When Brady first started new starters were expected to struggle, today they are expected to step in an perform.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon was put in a tough position. He played against some really good defenses without many weapons. Carolina(2x), SF, Seattle, Rams, even the Saints were difficult on a rookie QB. He needs a pretty good OL(not yet) and some weapons and he could be a really good QB. Time will tell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Rookie QBs almost always struggle as rookies. If they continue to struggle late into year 2, the infamous “sophomore slump”, I’d be a little concerned. Glennon showed way too many positives as a rookie to give up on him before year 2. Besides, there were no plans going into TC of him playing; he was forced into it when Freeman fell apart…

Please wait…

Viewing 38 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.