Viewing 78 reply threads

• Author

• michael89156

Participant

Mike Glennon responds to Bucs naming Jameis Winston starting quarterbackMatt Baker,    Times Staff Writer Sunday, August 2, 2015 Quarterback Mike Glennon was searching for words to describe his emotions when he learned that he wouldn't even get a chance to battle rookie Jameis Winston for the Bucs' starting job."I don't know what the word would be," Glennon said after Sunday's first open practice of training camp. "I just want to be out there. I'm a competitor. I want to be able to go out there and help my team win on Sundays."For the third consecutive season, that means preparing as a backup and trying to contribute to meetings during the week.The Bucs anointed Winston as the starter before training camp - a possibility Glennon knew existed when the team drafted the former Florida State star with the No. 1 overall pick."I'm not going to change my mentality," Glennon said. "I'm still going to come out here and compete every day, improve as much as I can as a player and help this team in any way I can."Glennon had only positive things to say about Winston: "He's a good player. He's very bright. He had a good day out here throwing the ball. He's talented. He's smart. I think he's going to be a real good player."

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon responds to Bucs naming Jameis Winston starting quarterbackMatt Baker,    Times Staff Writer Sunday, August 2, 2015 Quarterback Mike Glennon was searching for words to describe his emotions when he learned that he wouldn't even get a chance to battle rookie Jameis Winston for the Bucs' starting job."I don't know what the word would be," Glennon said after Sunday's first open practice of training camp. "I just want to be out there. I'm a competitor. I want to be able to go out there and help my team win on Sundays."For the third consecutive season, that means preparing as a backup and trying to contribute to meetings during the week.The Bucs anointed Winston as the starter before training camp - a possibility Glennon knew existed when the team drafted the former Florida State star with the No. 1 overall pick."I'm not going to change my mentality," Glennon said. "I'm still going to come out here and compete every day, improve as much as I can as a player and help this team in any way I can."Glennon had only positive things to say about Winston: "He's a good player. He's very bright. He had a good day out here throwing the ball. He's talented. He's smart. I think he's going to be a real good player."

Mike is a class act and real team player. You deserve better, Mike. I have a lot more to say but can't.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike is a class act and real team player. You deserve better, Mike. I have a lot more to say but can't.

He sounds a little down B.  You should call 1-800-flowers

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He knows the truth about last season. Okay, I'm done.  :-X

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe I took the quotes wrong, its hard to know the context.  He just sounds defeated?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe I took the quotes wrong, its hard to know the context.  He just sounds defeated?

He's not. He knows his time will come.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

…………………………………………

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Glennon conundrum. Wouldn't it be best for all if he was traded to a team that had a need for his services?BP could be happy for her friend, the team could get a nice draft pick and Mike would get a fresh start.Lobato reminds me a little of Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn't it be best for all if he was traded to a team that had a need for his services?

If a team wanted him bad enough, he'd be there.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The Glennon conundrum. Wouldn't it be best for all if he was traded to a team that had a need for his services?BP could be happy for her friend, the team could get a nice draft pick and Mike would get a fresh start.Lobato reminds me a little of Glennon.

Lobato looked pretty damn good today. He might have earned a practice squad spot if nothing else.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wouldn't it be best for all if he was traded to a team that had a need for his services?

Ask your boy Jason if you see him at camp.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Perhaps..But, when time and need intersect, values change.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think they will let him go this season unless they get an offer they can't refuse.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will do.....but common sense tells me that if said team didn't offer up what it would take to acquire him, maybe said team didn't really want him that bad afterall.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Will do.....but common sense tells me that if said team didn't offer up what it would take to acquire him, maybe said team didn't really want him that bad afterall.

We can speculate all we want, but the only true fact is the Bucs want him around.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't think they will let him go this season unless they get an offer they can't refuse.

Probably. I think they hope if they bide their time they might get something north of the 3rd round pick they've already invested. Waiting game.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

You alluding to the fact that the ineptitude that was Josh McCown guaranteed us Jameis Winston?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The first thing you want to hear is that the backup qb is sad.It means the guy ahead of him is, well, ahead of him.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

It would be nice to get a draft pick for him, but I am not holding my breath on that happening.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike Glennon responds to Bucs naming Jameis Winston starting quarterbackMatt Baker,    Times Staff Writer Sunday, August 2, 2015 Quarterback Mike Glennon was searching for words to describe his emotions when he learned that he wouldn't even get a chance to battle rookie Jameis Winston for the Bucs' starting job."I don't know what the word would be," Glennon said........

Oooh ooooh I know what that word would be..Reality. Sometimes it makes you feel all warm and fuzzy and sometimes it smacks you in the face.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

We can speculate all we want, but the only true fact is the Bucs want him around.

The only true fact is the Bucs want him around only as long as he's CHEAP!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Quarterback Mike Glennon was searching for words  (Get me far away from Lovie and the Glazers  asap.)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s a hell of a backup, and I don’t mean that as an insult. I hope we get to keep him as our second string guy for a long time, though I’m sure he’ll move on at some point.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

IMO, Glennon has enough talent to be a good to very good QB in the NFL. He is not going to be a Superstar but he could be that Brad Johnson type QB in the future that guides a team to success. I think the Bucs hold on to him till some team panics and overpays for him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s worth a 2. Bucs treat him like he’s worth a 7th and wonder why they can’t get fair value for him.

Please wait…

• kenminio

Participant

I love Mike and think he should have been the starter all last season. Ill take Winston all day as the starter, but Glennon deserves a shot. Would love to see him go to Buffalo or Cleveland, somewhere that he will not only have a chance to compete, but also win the spot.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

That Mike Glennon… nothing but class.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I love Mike and think he should have been the starter all last season. Ill take Winston all day as the starter, but Glennon deserves a shot. Would love to see him go to Buffalo or Cleveland, somewhere that he will not only have a chance to compete, but also win the spot.

If the Browns go south again this year, then maybe Haslam would hire Schiano, who he nearly hired a year ago if not for former CEO Joe Banner's apparent actions during the Schiano interview.  That would set up a Glennon trade for sure.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's worth a 2. agreeBucs treat him like he's worth a 7th and wonder why they can't get fair value for him.

DisagreeFunny, how the author of the article is a  well known Winston "hater" of the highest degree.  Guess he has run out of material from the gold digging "lying" cleat chaser.  ::) If the Bucs can get a 2nd rounder in 2016 that would be a good move.  I can see it happening as some starting QB's suffer injuries as they always do every season. Glennon needs a better advocate than Baker as his cheerleader.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Wasn’t he voted like the best or close to the best backup QB in the league? If Winston twists an ankle late in a game and can’t move and has to come out for a few series, Glennon has a ton of value.Legit backups don't grow on trees and there aren't many better than Mike if any. I can see why the Bucs might not be so keen on getting rid of him for pennies.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Wasn't he voted like the best or close to the best backup QB in the league? If Winston twists an ankle late in a game and can't move and has to come out for a few series, Glennon has a ton of value.Legit backups don't grow on trees and there aren't many better than Mike if any. I can see why the Bucs might not be so keen on getting rid of him for pennies.

Voted #9.https://www.pewterreport.com/forum/index.php/topic,1325417.0.html

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Here’s a game for people to play. Every QB who’s ever started for Tampa with their career starts (all teams) and win ratios. See if you can figure out where Glennon, Freeman, B. Johnson, Williams, or pick your favorite Buc’s QB. It’s pretty crazy only 6 QB’s that have started for the Bucs are above .500! I’ll post the answer key up tomorrow.FYI: Some lines appear to be duplicates but that just means more then one QB had that same record.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Buffalo is a Glennon away from competing for that division title...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's worth a 2. agreeBucs treat him like he's worth a 7th and wonder why they can't get fair value for him.

DisagreeFunny, how the author of the article is a  well known Winston "hater" of the highest degree.  Guess he has run out of material from the gold digging "lying" cleat chaser.  ::) If the Bucs can get a 2nd rounder in 2016 that would be a good move.  I can see it happening as some starting QB's suffer injuries as they always do every season. Glennon needs a better advocate than Baker as his cheerleader.

For the Bucs to get proper value for him his biggest advocates have to be Smith and Licht, even if they don't mean it. Hyping him up, starting him early in the year. After 4 years in the NFL Kevin Kolb had 11 TDs and 14 INTs. But Andy Reid kept hyping him up, gave him an opening day start and then traded  him for a 2nd and Rodgers-Cromartie. Basically 1st round value. The guy sucked and never showed anything close to what Glennon showed, but the Eagles made it seem like he was going to a franchise QB. It's too late though. Making the starter could have given the impression that he beat out Winston and teams like Bills, Bengals, whoever should really think about bringing him. And like I said in another thread, top 5 QBs who sit have overwhelming more success than those who start right away. Could have doubled up, instead we whiffed twice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After 4 years in the NFL Kevin Kolb had 11 TDs and 14 INTs. But Andy Reid kept hyping him up, gave him an opening day start and then traded  him for a 2nd and Rodgers-Cromartie. Basically 1st round value. The guy sucked and never showed anything close to what Glennon showed, but the Eagles made it seem like he was going to a franchise QB.

i think you are misremembering a few of kolbs first starts, or overemphasizing what glennon has shown.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

For the Bucs to get proper value for him his biggest advocates have to be Smith and Licht, even if they don't mean it. Hyping him up, starting him early in the year. After 4 years in the NFL Kevin Kolb had 11 TDs and 14 INTs. But Andy Reid kept hyping him up, gave him an opening day start and then traded  him for a 2nd and Rodgers-Cromartie. Basically 1st round value. The guy sucked and never showed anything close to what Glennon showed, but the Eagles made it seem like he was going to a franchise QB. It's too late though. Making the starter could have given the impression that he beat out Winston and teams like Bills, Bengals, whoever should really think about bringing him. And like I said in another thread, top 5 QBs who sit have overwhelming more success than those who start right away. Could have doubled up, instead we whiffed twice.

Let's see: Kolb has started 21 games and compiled a .428 win ratio. Glennon has started 18 games and compiled a .277 win ratio. Yea it's not close!Or did you mean all games they appeared in? Glennon 19 games .263 win ratio. Kolb 34 games .588 win ratio.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's a game for people to play. Every QB who's ever started for Tampa with their career starts (all teams) and win ratios. See if you can figure out where Glennon, Freeman, B. Johnson, Williams, or pick your favorite Buc's QB. It's pretty crazy only 6 QB's that have started for the Bucs are above .500! I'll post the answer key up tomorrow.FYI: Some lines appear to be duplicates but that just means more then one QB had that same record.

Dating back to 2008, the Buccaneers are 1-22 in the last 23 games not started by Josh Freeman or Mike Glennon. No QB had it easier here than Jeff Garcia and the team underachieved because of him. But yet he was treated as an icon for whatever reason. Brian Griese was another one, he played one of the worst games I've ever seen a Buc QB play, including in 2008 when "he beat" Aaron Rodgers. Shows how strong the team around him was.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You mean like the 6 games he started last year?The guy hasn't had a ton of opportunities, but he's had chances to show what he can do. He hasn't taken advantage of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's too late though. Making the starter could have given the impression that he beat out Winston and teams like Bills, Bengals, whoever should really think about bringing him. And like I said in another thread, top 5 QBs who sit have overwhelming more success than those who start right away. Could have doubled up, instead we whiffed twice.

i also question this.  you are gonna give the impression that your first round draft pick is a bust in order to up the trade value of a game manager?  cmon.  the bills and bengals already have their own glennons, why throw high picks for him?as for the top 5 qbs who sit, i think much of that comparison has to be situational.  but recent data isnt really in your favor.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Not even. Buffalo got mediocre QB play last year from Orton and still got nowhere. I don't see how Glennon would fare any better. They would be smarter to aim higher at the QB position. I don't think Glennon has the value around the NFL that some fans here seem to think he has. He's a nice backup to have, but nobody in the NFL is going to invest in the guy to be starting at the most important position in football.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

After 4 years in the NFL Kevin Kolb had 11 TDs and 14 INTs. But Andy Reid kept hyping him up, gave him an opening day start and then traded  him for a 2nd and Rodgers-Cromartie. Basically 1st round value. The guy sucked and never showed anything close to what Glennon showed, but the Eagles made it seem like he was going to a franchise QB.

i think you are misremembering a few of kolbs first starts, or overemphasizing what glennon has shown.

No, I made sure to go back and look at them. He had some good ones that the Eagles made sure to keep bringing up. Then he also had some pathetic starts too. His ratings per start for Eagles were73.2120.656.276103.3133.656.937.9

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Here's a game for people to play. Every QB who's ever started for Tampa with their career starts (all teams) and win ratios. See if you can figure out where Glennon, Freeman, B. Johnson, Williams, or pick your favorite Buc's QB. It's pretty crazy only 6 QB's that have started for the Bucs are above .500! I'll post the answer key up tomorrow.FYI: Some lines appear to be duplicates but that just means more then one QB had that same record.

Dating back to 2008, the Buccaneers are 1-22 in the last 23 games not started by Josh Freeman or Mike Glennon. No QB had it easier here than Jeff Garcia and the team underachieved because of him. But yet he was treated as an icon for whatever reason. Brian Griese was another one, he played one of the worst games I've ever seen a Buc QB play, including in 2008 when "he beat" Aaron Rodgers. Shows how strong the team around him was.

And yet Garcia had a .491 win ratio and Griese a .542 win ratio. Those are both top 10 all time Buc QB's. Pretty sad huh? Glennon on the other hand is bottom 25%.Simms, Gradkowski, and now Glennon. Very similar stories thus far.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

It's too late though. Making the starter could have given the impression that he beat out Winston and teams like Bills, Bengals, whoever should really think about bringing him. And like I said in another thread, top 5 QBs who sit have overwhelming more success than those who start right away. Could have doubled up, instead we whiffed twice.

i also question this.  you are gonna give the impression that your first round draft pick is a bust in order to up the trade value of a game manager?  cmon.  the bills and bengals already have their own glennons, why throw high picks for him?as for the top 5 qbs who sit, i think much of that comparison has to be situational.  but recent data isnt really in your favor.

The beauty of it Winston has almost nothing to do with it. All they had to do was say how amazing Glennon looked in mini camp, training camp, etc and reference games like at Seattle and at Pittsburgh. Speaking of the Bengals, they sat Palmer behind Kitna for 2 years. I just wanted to sit Winston behind Glennon for a month. In 2010 nobody remembered that Freeman sat while Leftwich and Johnson played. There's too much focus on this stupid week 1 game vs the Titans. People are acting like Goodell is going to hand someone a trophy at midfield at the end of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

glennon did have some better starts than i remembered.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And yet Garcia had a .491 win ratio and Griese a .542 win ratio. Those are both top 10 all time Buc QB's. Pretty sad huh? Glennon on the other hand is bottom 25%.Simms, Gradkowski, and now Glennon. Very similar stories thus far.

The only thing Griese is top 10 in is dumbass interceptions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For the Bucs to get proper value for him his biggest advocates have to be Smith and Licht, even if they don't mean it. Hyping him up, starting him early in the year.

I think it would be borderline retarded to make a QB the starter on your NFL team solely to raise his trade value.The best player needs to start.  And he is.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

He ranks #39 all time in INT's. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_career_2013.htmVinny is the leader there and yet still has a better win ratio (.423) then Glennon.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You’re leaving out the whole Winston needs to sit and learn and we need to make sure the OL doesnt give up 60 sacks this year part.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He ranks #39 all time in INT's. http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_int_career_2013.htmVinny is the leader there and yet still has a better win ratio (.423) then Glennon.

Griese was the leader in redzone INTs while he was active, dont know if someone else beat him since then. And he had that whole pick 6 at the worst possible time aspect.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

The beauty of it Winston has almost nothing to do with it. All they had to do was say how amazing Glennon looked in mini camp, training camp, etc and reference games like at Seattle and at Pittsburgh. Speaking of the Bengals, they sat Palmer behind Kitna for 2 years. I just wanted to sit Winston behind Glennon for a month. In 2010 nobody remembered that Freeman sat while Leftwich and Johnson played. There's too much focus on this stupid week 1 game vs the Titans. People are acting like Goodell is going to hand someone a trophy at midfield at the end of it.

beauty or blindness?  sitting winston is a bad impression, and even if you dont believe it, you should at least acknowledge it.  a bad impressoin to the fans, a bad impression to the team.  its a chink in his armor, and a media nightmare.  reference a game 2 years ago where he threw for 200 yards?then on top of it, you have to assume that glennon is gonna look real real good.  that jj watt is gonna injure winston but not glennon.  an if thats the case, why in the world did we waste a #1 overall on a QB?  not more than 5 folks in the state of FL thought we were really good off at QB before the draft.palmer?  20 years ago for a QB that has never won a playoff game?  thats the comparison?  or is freeman the comparison?  players dont sit anymore if they can play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're leaving out the whole Winston needs to sit and learn and we need to make sure the OL doesnt give up 60 sacks this year part.

winston was hyped as nfl ready as possible.  winston is more elusive than glennon.  it might not raise glennons trade value so much if he is getting sacked and throwing the ball away to save his life.  if the OL is what you are really worried about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You're leaving out the whole Winston needs to sit and learn and we need to make sure the OL doesnt give up 60 sacks this year part.

You're assuming Winston can get "ruined" and will also get sacked a higher rate than Glennon.  I wouldn't bet on either of those assumptions.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

beauty or blindness?  sitting winston is a bad impression, and even if you dont believe it, you should at least acknowledge it.  a bad impressoin to the fans, a bad impression to the team.  its a chink in his armor, and a media nightmare.  reference a game 2 years ago where he threw for 200 yards?then on top of it, you have to assume that glennon is gonna look real real good.  that jj watt is gonna injure winston but not glennon.  an if thats the case, why in the world did we waste a #1 overall on a QB?  not more than 5 folks in the state of FL thought we were really good off at QB before the draft.palmer?  20 years ago for a QB that has never won a playoff game?  thats the comparison?  or is freeman the comparison?  players dont sit anymore if they can play.

Yea I guess we should put our #1 pick in a bad situation because Jeff Darlington and NFL Network setup at camp. If Winston throws 31 TDs and 10 INTs in 2016 nobody is going to remember he didn't start Week 1 2015. Just like nobody cares Eli Manning and Roethlisberger didn't start right away.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

You're assuming Winston can get "ruined" and will also get sacked a higher rate than Glennon.  I wouldn't bet on either of those assumptions.

We were #27 in sacks allowed in 2014. I have to agree it's hard to see that getting any worse but who knows.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon will play enough in the Pre Season to have his value assessed around the league.I actually wish the Bucs could keep him as a back up but if someone offers a 2nd rounder I believe the Bucs will take it if it is a low 2nd rounder.. Top 10-15.How about a starting quality DE or LT?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea I guess we should put our #1 pick in a bad situation because Jeff Darlington and NFL Network setup at camp. If Winston throws 31 TDs and 10 INTs in 2016 nobody is going to remember he didn't start Week 1 2015. Just like nobody cares Eli Manning and Roethlisberger didn't start right away.

if NFL Network is setup at camp, they will know who is outplaying who.possibly, or we would always wonder what could have been if he played earlier?  times they are a changing.  they used to not film the draft.  players used to get drunk before games.  astroturf was in.  QBs sat and learned.  but its just now how society and the NFL works now.  there will never be anyway to compare it, because each situation is just so fluid with different parts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

palmer?  20 years ago for a QB that has never won a playoff game?  thats the comparison?  or is freeman the comparison?  players dont sit anymore if they can play.

Maybe if Sanchez sat he wouldnt have butt fumbled in his 4th year and got everyone fired. Maybe if Dalton sat he wouldn't be throwing 20 and 17 INTs on a loaded team in year 3 and 4.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

palmer?  20 years ago for a QB that has never won a playoff game?  thats the comparison?  or is freeman the comparison?  players dont sit anymore if they can play.

Maybe if Sanchez sat he wouldnt have butt fumbled in his 4th year and got everyone fired. Maybe if Dalton sat he wouldn't be throwing 20 and 17 INTs on a loaded team in year 3 and 4.

how would have sitting a few games prevented the buttfumble?  for the most part, players are who they are.  dalton was a second round draft pick for a reason.  went to a middle tier football college for a reason.  what would have sitting done for him?  how has playing hurt him?maybe we should sit glennon a couple more years just so nothing bad happens to him once he gets out on the field?  we will call it "developing nicely" and "ahead of schedule" and possibly even get a 1st for him in a couple more years?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

and what about freeman?  shouldnt have sitting that first  year alleviated all his issues?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

QBs playing when they’re not ready leads to bad habits that they generally cannot get out of. Footwork, throwing angles, decision making, processing speed, etc.  David Carr is an example of that. He was not going to be a bust had he been drafted by a team that knew what they were doing. As for Freeman, his issues were substance, not on field. He was having a monster season in 2012 that people forget about it because the defense couldn't hold a damn lead.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

thats like saying mccown was having a monster year last season and our D just couldnt hold the lead.  we lost about 6 games we led at halftime.how do you know david carr was not going to bust?  what caused him to bust?how is a QB ever ready?  eventually they have to get out there.  sitting a month is gonna make a difference longterm?  please.  mental makeup will make the difference longterm.  getting no real reps during the season will help a QB develop?  whether a QB is on the field on not he can work on footwork, angles and timing.now some QBs  are certainly not ready day 1.  but to make the  blanket statement that all QBs need to sit, or that playing too early ruins folks is silly to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Didn’t say all QBs. Peyton and Luck were ready, but they’re also the sons of former NFL QBs. You referenced people saying Winston is pro-ready. I disagree considering he's only 21, played 2 years in college and throws so really cringe worthy INTs.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

The Bucs have no success stories about starting or sitting a QB prospect. They fail either way. Anyone saying start now or sit him for Glennon clearly don’t know the Bucs history or they’d know it doesn’t matter. We need a lightning strike. No matter if Winston sits or starts week 1 if he succeeds in the end that’s the gold standard in Tampa as we have none right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Don’t worry Glennon. Come free agency you can choose your destiny :) Thanks for being well behaved in the mean time. You’re getting rich :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

that's because he's a cheap servicable backup.......

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Probably. I think they hope if they bide their time they might get something north of the 3rd round pick they've already invested. Waiting game.

They will be waiting a long time...nobody is going to give up a 2nd round for a QB that rides the pine and hasn't proven that he is starter material...ain't happening

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He's worth a 2. Bucs treat him like he's worth a 7th and wonder why they can't get fair value for him.

2 donuts?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah... the air in Buffalo makes footballs fly straighter and your feet move faster...

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This stuff is laughable.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe, could’ve, might have, probably, ….a bunch of shoulda-could-woulda.You get your shot, take it. No excuses.All this talk about "earning." Well, glennon hasn't "earned" anything since he started football.Dude sat "b1tch" to freeman, mccown, wilson, and now a rookie. The only times he has ever started was when a qb went down, or there was a replacement needed. He has never won any type of competition.Glennon has had plenty of shots. He looked good, like twice, in that time. That isnt anything to write home about, even on this qb hexed team.People like bp have deluded themselves into thinking glennon was a byproduct of bad situation, coaching, etc. However, the guy has been mr keep-the-ball so long, hes going to be overwhelmed when asked to actually win the game, which has happened already.I hope he does well elsewhere, but i doubt he'll ever amount to more than a ok backup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm not convinced Glennon could beat out Matt Cassell.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Definitely the latter.

Please wait…

• suesweat

Participant

Answers.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll wait

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll wait

For what?  Freeman to get cut again?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon should be the starter…his time will come.  Mr.Squints will not be starting the entire year.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Glennon should be the starter...his time will come. 

If such is the case, shouldn't he be carving up these guys who won't even be in the league in a few weeks?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If such is the case, shouldn't he be carving up these guys who won't even be in the league in a few weeks?

He looked like the same ol guy to me.  Slow, indecisive, playing it safe. Did you see him wing it out of bounds on 3rd and 5?  Without a WR within 20 yards.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He looked like the same ol guy to me.  Slow, indecisive, playing it safe. Did you see him wing it out of bounds on 3rd and 5?  Without a WR within 20 yards.

WOW! Just like the episode of Friends where everyone was coming down on Chandler's 3rd nipple. Worry about Winston. He is the starter. Chandler: No. C'mon! There's nothing to see. It's a tiny bump. It's totally useless.Rachel: As opposed to your other multi-functional nipples?Joey: I can't believe you! You told me it was a nubbin!Ross: Joey, what did you think a nubbin was?Joey: I don't know. You see something, you hear a word. I thought that was it. Let me see it again!Ross: Yes! Show us your nubbin!Chandler: [Doesn't know what to say while everyone comes at him] Joey was in a porno movie![Everyone gasps. Joey is shocked Chandler would say that]Chandler: If I'm going down, I'm taking everybody with me.

Please wait…

Viewing 78 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.