Viewing 17 reply threads

• Author

• BucsFan4090

Participant

Its a simple question…Do you think he can hit a 1000 yards with 8 games to go?He has 254 yards rushing right now and that was against one of the toughest defenses in the NFL.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think he will come up a bit short but he really showed me something today. He is a legiimate NFL RB and will be a great 1-2 punch with Martin moving forward. Anyone still think we should have dumped him for Hillis?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike James did look good today.  Maybe once Dougie is healthy we will have a coach willing to let them share the workload instead of running Doug into the ground until he’s hurt and then switching.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets not crown him just yet.  The last time James ran for over 100 yards was when he was in high school.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike James did look good today.  Maybe once Dougie is healthy we will have a coach willing to let them share the workload instead of running Doug into the ground until he's hurt and then switching.

A novel idea.....you ever consider coaching?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lets not crown him just yet.  The last time James ran for over 100 yards was when he was in high school.

He never rushed for 100 in college? Wow.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Well with Schiano. We Might start running mike 35 times a game..

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He never rushed for 100 in college? Wow.

He was part of a crowded backfield at the U. Took a backseat to Lamar Miller and Duke Johnson, who are both pretty good backs. He has skills though. I like what I've seen from him the last two weeks. He's been impressive, to say the least.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Mike James did look good today.  Maybe once Dougie is healthy we will have a coach willing to let them share the workload instead of running Doug into the ground until he's hurt and then switching.

A novel idea.....you ever consider coaching?

LOL! I swear, one of the first things I thought to myself was why in the world did it take Martin getting injured before we saw this kid get more than 1 or 2 carries in a game? Toby Gerhardt got more carries than James earlier in the season, and he backs up the best RB in the modern era.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ll go out on that limb and say no.He's been pretty good tho.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'll go out on that limb and say no.He's been pretty good tho.

Because of this system, and judging how he's been thus far, I think you'd find him around 900-1000 yards. Maybe more if they start running more often in the second half.He also doesn't have a lot of NFL tape yet, so it could taper off as the season progresses. Either way, schiano will call the run, so you can bet he's going to get his fair share of carries.  900 is deffinately possible. If he is just baller himself, he'll be around 1000+.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If the O’line keeps blocking like they did today, I would not be surprised if James topped 1000 yards for the season.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He’s impressed me so far. I really thought he was a bad pick for the cost but is showing he was worth the picks. If he keeps it up bus will have some depth when Martin comes back.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was wrong about James as he is showing a lot more than anyone projected. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yardage for backs is less about quality than quantity. I mean really at just 4 yards per carry you are only talking about  16 carries per game to get to 1000. We can only pile up carries as long as we are close or ahead in games. The question about any back getting to 1000 is never about the back but rather the QB can get the team ahead or if the defense can keep it close enough to allow you to keep running.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’m thinking Michael will put in a respectable 600-700 yards rushing and I’m more than fine with that.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I'm thinking Michael will put in a respectable 600-700 yards rushing and I'm more than fine with that.

..and in the end I'd rather have 3 backs speech chewing up 600 yards than one getting 1400 and the other two cleaning up. You keep a rotation of backs and never have to pay any of them.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

..and in the end I’d rather have 3 backs speech chewing up 600 yards than one getting 1400 and the other two cleaning up. You keep a rotation of backs and never have to pay any of them.

You make it sound like we're dining and dashing over here... I like it.

Please wait…

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.