Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 24 reply threads

• Author

• GermCanBuc

Participant

Im wondering if anybodys been to the Carolina stadium and where the best seats might be and what their experience was like. My best friends birthday is on the 11th, and were thinking of replacing our Vegas trip with flying down there and taking in our first live NFL game as hes a Panthers fan. I hate that. I got him into football and he picked THEM. Just figured Id see if anybody here can shed some light for me. It is dead season after all. Also, if we do end up going, is anybody else going to be there? Itd be nice to meet up with some Buc fans in enemy territory and put some faces to the screen names. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was there when Freeman & K2 (try and remember that for a change) took it to the Panthers and Jimmy Clausen to set us up at 2-0 to begin the season. The stadium was cool. It was in a nice location. There was a strip of bars about 1/4 mile from the stadium and that was fun. The only negative thing I'd have to say about the experience is that the fans were obnoxious af..... and that was BEFORE Cam Newton and Luke K. turned them into contenders. Now, I went with my older brother and a bunch of our friends and we sat up in the nosebleeds, so take this FWIW. But a bunch of disgruntled Panthers fans started getting rowdy with us after Freeman connected with Graham for the first score of that game. They stated calling my brother's wife all kinds of names and challenged us to a parking lot brawl (my brother and his friends are massive guys though, so when it came time to dance, they were nowhere to be found). Later on, the train conductor (we had to take a train to the game) threatened to kick us off his train simply because we were wearing Bucs gear. Imagine that. An utter lack of class. I just haven't seen that kind of crap out of Bucs fans..... except for the occasional YouTube video where some dumb fool picks a fight that he has no business being involved in.Anyway, I'd join you for a tailgate but the away game for me this year will be the season opener in ATL. Have fun and bring us back that W!

• bucmebaby

Participant

I’ve been to Carolina 5-6 times, last time was week 17 last season. I’ve never had any issues with their fans, but I always sit lower level (usually corner end zone). This year I’ll be front row in the endzone (section 102). When looking for tickets, be careful of tickets that are advertised as row 1. A lot of sections start with row 1A (or even 1B, 1C, ect), so row 1 isn't always front row. If you go to ticketmaster.com, you can see exactly where every seat/row is.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been there three times as well. Nice stadium.  Don’t really think there are bad seats.  The higher you go though may not be the best.  Had no problem with the fans either.  friendly smack but never even close to feeling like it was personal or threatening.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I was there when Freeman & K2 (try and remember that for a change) took it to the Panthers and Jimmy Clausen to set us up at 2-0 to begin the season. The stadium was cool. It was in a nice location. There was a strip of bars about 1/4 mile from the stadium and that was fun. The only negative thing I'd have to say about the experience is that the fans were obnoxious af..... and that was BEFORE Cam Newton and Luke K. turned them into contenders. Now, I went with my older brother and a bunch of our friends and we sat up in the nosebleeds, so take this FWIW. But a bunch of disgruntled Panthers fans started getting rowdy with us after Freeman connected with Graham for the first score of that game. They stated calling my brother's wife all kinds of names and challenged us to a parking lot brawl (my brother and his friends are massive guys though, so when it came time to dance, they were nowhere to be found). Later on, the train conductor (we had to take a train to the game) threatened to kick us off his train simply because we were wearing Bucs gear. Imagine that. An utter lack of class. I just haven't seen that kind of crap out of Bucs fans..... except for the occasional YouTube video where some dumb fool picks a fight that he has no business being involved in.Anyway, I'd join you for a tailgate but the away game for me this year will be the season opener in ATL. Have fun and bring us back that W!

Good report my friend. Well stated.

• Anonymous

Inactive

The higher you go though may not be the best.

Whys that? Is it too far away that you cant see very well or is there something else I should be aware of while looking for tickets?

• williebrowntown

I go to the Carolina game every year. The stadium is pretty cool. There’s not a bad seat in the house. I’ve sat in the nose bleeds, end zone, 50 yardline… everywhere and it’s all been exceptional. The fans are cool last year just my wife and I went and obviously we got our asses kicked but other than the expected trash talk there was nothing serious. Tailgating there is pretty cool. There’s several spots for Bucs fans but before you go under the bridge on the left going in there’s a spot that every year is mostly Panthers fans but you can hang out in there (it’s just a parking lot), drink their beer (for free), eat some of their food, and talk football with some of the fans… you can tell which ones are the crazy ones… everyone with a Cam jersey… Then head in to the game. It’s worth checking out.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve been there 4x. As others have said, nice stadium. Usually good friendly banter at tailgates. Never got into anything crazy with their fans. As for bars, there is an area called the epicenter. It's like 3 levels of different types of bars/clubs. If you go to the top, there's a dueling piano bar called Howl At The Moon. http://epicentrenc.com

• Anonymous

Inactive

The higher you go though may not be the best.

Whys that? Is it too far away that you cant see very well or is there something else I should be aware of while looking for tickets?

Sight lines are good, your just further away from everything. Although the city view is amazing and on a night game may be cool.  Personally I like about 1/3 way up, no matter what stadium.  Just seems to be the sweet spot of view and distance to amenities.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I go to the Carolina game every year. The stadium is pretty cool. There's not a bad seat in the house. I've sat in the nose bleeds, end zone, 50 yardline... everywhere and it's all been exceptional. The fans are cool last year just my wife and I went and obviously we got our asses kicked but other than the expected trash talk there was nothing serious. Tailgating there is pretty cool. There's several spots for Bucs fans but before you go under the bridge on the left going in there's a spot that every year is mostly Panthers fans but you can hang out in there (it's just a parking lot), drink their beer (for free), eat some of their food, and talk football with some of the fans... you can tell which ones are the crazy ones... everyone with a Cam jersey... Then head in to the game. It's worth checking out.

I've also been to every game since they join the same division and have never had a bad time. Swillyboy just curious do you live in Charlotte or just make the commute every year, jw cause maybe one Sunday we can meet up and watch some of the games together if your in Charlotte.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yea, not really a bad seat in the house.  I’ve been multiple times.  We usually try to sit in the 120’s or 220’s.    I've gotten in to it with a few fans but nothing too serious.  Like every stadium crowd, there are the crazies and then the wine and cheese crowd that leaves by the 3rd quarter. As stated above, the stadium is downtown so there is plenty to do.  I went to the last MNF game there and the views were amazing from the stadium.  Unfortunately, the outcome of the game was terrible.       

• Anonymous

Inactive

I went to the last MNF game there and the views were amazing from the stadium.  Unfortunately, the outcome of the game was terrible.     

Hopefully, that wasn't the game where Ruud got rag-dolled all over the field.

• Anonymous

Inactive

I went to the last MNF game there and the views were amazing from the stadium.  Unfortunately, the outcome of the game was terrible.     

Yep, it was the infamous and infuriating 2008 game when the Panthers had 299 yards rushing.  It was pitiful to watch.   

• williebrowntown

I go to the Carolina game every year. The stadium is pretty cool. There's not a bad seat in the house. I've sat in the nose bleeds, end zone, 50 yardline... everywhere and it's all been exceptional. The fans are cool last year just my wife and I went and obviously we got our asses kicked but other than the expected trash talk there was nothing serious. Tailgating there is pretty cool. There's several spots for Bucs fans but before you go under the bridge on the left going in there's a spot that every year is mostly Panthers fans but you can hang out in there (it's just a parking lot), drink their beer (for free), eat some of their food, and talk football with some of the fans... you can tell which ones are the crazy ones... everyone with a Cam jersey... Then head in to the game. It's worth checking out.

I've also been to every game since they join the same division and have never had a bad time. Swillyboy just curious do you live in Charlotte or just make the commute every year, jw cause maybe one Sunday we can meet up and watch some of the games together if your in Charlotte.

I'm in Asheville man, I drive about 2 hours, give or take, every year to Bank of America when we play the Panthers. I usually go to a home game of the Panthers' if it's our off week as well. All my family and friends (most anyways) are Panthers fans so I deal with their crap constantly. I'm ready for a road win there in the worst way for obvious reasons... we can definitely meet up at the game this year though. Strength is in numbers in a division rivals house lol

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yep, it was the infamous and infuriating 2008 game when the Panthers had 299 yards rushing.  It was pitiful to watch. 

oh God....how could you stand it?

• Anonymous

Inactive

About this tailgating thing, do people typically tailgate all day for the Monday nighter or does it start off slow/later due to people working? I figure people probly get there bright and early on Sundays, but not sure if that would be the case for MNF.

• Anonymous

Inactive

oh God....how could you stand it?

It was terrible.  You could just feel the energy being zapped from the whole team.  The D knew what was coming and they still couldn't stop it.  The only time I've felt worse in that stadium was when Caddy went down.  The look on his face told the whole story.     

• Anonymous

Inactive

I've been to Carolina 5-6 times, last time was week 17 last season. I've never had any issues with their fans, but I always sit lower level (usually corner end zone). This year I'll be front row in the endzone (section 102). When looking for tickets, be careful of tickets that are advertised as row 1. A lot of sections start with row 1A (or even 1B, 1C, ect), so row 1 isn't always front row. If you go to ticketmaster.com, you can see exactly where every seat/row is.

That's crazy...I sat in the 5th row of section 102 for the game this past season so you were probably right near me hahaI live in Wilmington so I'm in Charlotte a good amount. I was at the game the year before that in Charlotte and the hotel I was staying at was where a good amount of Bucs were staying. ASJ checked in right beside me but I didn't say anything to him cause I legit was trying to think of what player on the Hornets he was and finally realized who he was after he got on the elevator. Dude is gigantic.

• bucmebaby

Participant

I've been to Carolina 5-6 times, last time was week 17 last season. I've never had any issues with their fans, but I always sit lower level (usually corner end zone). This year I'll be front row in the endzone (section 102). When looking for tickets, be careful of tickets that are advertised as row 1. A lot of sections start with row 1A (or even 1B, 1C, ect), so row 1 isn't always front row. If you go to ticketmaster.com, you can see exactly where every seat/row is.

That's crazy...I sat in the 5th row of section 102 for the game this past season so you were probably right near me hahaI live in Wilmington so I'm in Charlotte a good amount. I was at the game the year before that in Charlotte and the hotel I was staying at was where a good amount of Bucs were staying. ASJ checked in right beside me but I didn't say anything to him cause I legit was trying to think of what player on the Hornets he was and finally realized who he was after he got on the elevator. Dude is gigantic.

Last year I was in 106, I'll be sitting in section 102 this year.

• bucmebaby

Participant

Here's a pic I took of Winston's TD run. You one of the Bucs fans in the endzone there?image_zpsy9qybl0v.png

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here's a pic I took of Winston's TD run. You one of the Bucs fans in the endzone there?image_zpsy9qybl0v.png

I really can't get a good view from that pic, but I was wearing a white Jameis jersey with a hoodie underneath and a red hat.

• vlagatta

LOSS

• Anonymous

Inactive

I really can't get a good view from that pic, but I was wearing a white Jameis jersey with a hoodie underneath and a red hat.

Close - that guy is 5th row, red Winston jersey with a white sweatshirt underneath and a red hat lol

• Marcia

Participant

I think we sweep the Panthers this season.  Can’t wait!!

• Anonymous

Inactive

December 8, 2008 was the day that it became obvious that the wheels had fallen off. Going from 9-3 to 9-7 to finish the season and missing the playoffs was the beginning of an era of poor decision-making by the front office, unqualified coaches roaming the sidelines, and sub-par talent on the roster. Consequently, legions of people (I won't call them fans) have, by their absence, turned Ray Jay into one of the friendliest stadiums for opposing teams, and their fans. I am so thankful that all signs now point to an upward trend for our Bucs.

Viewing 24 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.