Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 19 reply threads

• Author

• BruceBucko

Participant

1. Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville – finally get a formidable DT disruptive player to play inside with McCoy.  2. Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State - leader playmaker in the secondary.  3. Sean Davis, CB, Maryland - has all the tools.  brings needed attitude, confidence.  will compete with the vets we brought in.  learn from them too4. Jihad Ward, DE/DT, Illinois - will bring an interesting skill set to the D Line.  Possible diamond in the rough.5.  Daryl Wooley, CB, West Virginia - thoughts??

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don’t love the idea of rankins in the 1st.  Who’s gonna play nose?  I’d rather wait and get a guy like butler, or some other biggun.  I do like having McCoy insurance, just not in the first.Don't know too much about the other guys.  If bell can play centerfield, then great.  I'd like to grab another OL if possible, still need longterm help at RT.Don't see the need for 2 CBs.  And some speed off the edge might be nice, but if you are counting on smith/jones/brown to do that then size is good.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who would you take instead of Sheldon Rankins?  I was looking at edge rusher….Shaq Lawson.  If Bosa or DeForest Buckner drop to us i’d take them over Rankins.  I’m not sold on Vernon Hargreaves that early.

Please wait…

• JonMott

Participant

Vernon Hargreaves? No pass rusher that will be available has the same skill level as him. Also we aren’t gonna be looking for a pass rusher specifically. Mr. Licht said they will be taking best available player no matter who it is.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who would you take instead of Sheldon Rankins?  I was looking at edge rusher....Shaq Lawson.  If Bosa or DeForest Buckner drop to us i'd take them over Rankins.  I'm not sold on Vernon Hargreaves that early.

theres always a trade back option if you aren’t sold on a guy.  If you want a DT, I like the idea of a Vernon butler better.  A true space eater – someone who will really own that nose.  I could get behind a smaller guy like rankins – but watching McCoy get nicked up every year – scares me to think he’d be playing nose.I would like a RT.  Is Conklin that guy?  Trade back for decker?  Ifedi in the 2nd?I think people are starting to sleep on VH3 - he's worth it.  But not sure numbers wise how it would work.I understand the WR idea.  Don't love it, but I could get behind it.  I'd still go for spence, his flags don't scare me.  Spence or Conklin.

Please wait…

• water130u128

I would like the Bucs to target a WR in the first 3 rounds.  Last year we were forced to use undrafted free agents as WR for a good portion of the year.  Would be nice to have a top round talent to throw out there as our 2nd or 3rd option for Winston.    CB has been taken care of for the most part in FA and keeping 2 of our better CB's.  We still need a good DE, so DE in the first, WR in the second and then best available. 

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

Why do people continue to do mocks without a WR in the first 4 rounds??????

Please wait…

• water130u128

Because they don't know the true needs of the team.  Don't worry, Dirk knows what limits he had at WR last year, and will want to address that early in the draft. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Likely because it's not a huge need to improve and depth can easily be improved, if they deem it necessary, with relatively cheap free agents.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

some think that WRs aren’t as important with a legit QB?  The 2 teams in the Super Bowl weren’t built around WRs.  We have a lot of WRs already, and we have developmental guys already.  Not many teams can deal with losing 3 of your top 4 recieving threats and not skip a beat.  With Winston still developing, what's more important?  Potential at WR?  Or a WR that knows how to read a defense and knows the offense?  I'd rather build from the lines out, but teams can win many different ways.

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

some think that WRs aren't as important with a legit QB?  The 2 teams in the Super Bowl weren't built around WRs.  We have a lot of WRs already, and we have developmental guys already.  Not many teams can deal with losing 3 of your top 4 recieving threats and not skip a beat.  With Winston still developing, what's more important?  Potential at WR?  Or a WR that knows how to read a defense and knows the offense?  I'd rather build from the lines out, but teams can win many different ways.

Uh what?The Broncos have Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas at wr. Just because Manning had an awful arm this year and could not exploit that does not detract away from the fact that the Broncos were a high octane offense 3 years ago when they played in the Super Bowl. That offense caused problems for teams around the league because of Manning AND the mismatches they were able to create with their wrs/TE's.I don't understand why some people take the approach you do. The goal is to fill the team with as many talented players as you can. Each coach has their own philosophy. Carolina philosophy works for them. However, seeing how Dirk Koetter operates, in order for his system to be successful he needs better wr's than UDFA's, a very inconsistent number 1,  and aging wr's that are starting to break down due to injures.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

some think that WRs aren't as important with a legit QB?  The 2 teams in the Super Bowl weren't built around WRs.  We have a lot of WRs already, and we have developmental guys already.  Not many teams can deal with losing 3 of your top 4 recieving threats and not skip a beat.  With Winston still developing, what's more important?  Potential at WR?  Or a WR that knows how to read a defense and knows the offense?  I'd rather build from the lines out, but teams can win many different ways.

Uh what?The Broncos have Emmanuel Sanders and Demaryius Thomas at wr. Just because Manning had an awful arm this year and could not exploit that does not detract away from the fact that the Broncos were a high octane offense 3 years ago when they played in the Super Bowl. That offense caused problems for teams around the league because of Manning AND the mismatches they were able to create with their wrs/TE's.I don't understand why some people take the approach you do. The goal is to fill the team with as many talented players as you can. Each coach has their own philosophy. Carolina philosophy works for them. However, seeing how Dirk Koetter operates, in order for his system to be successful he needs better wr's than UDFA's, a very inconsistent number 1,  and aging wr's that are starting to break down due to injures.

i agree, we need one of the following speedy WR's in the coming draft if they fall to a value position. Without a doubt.Coleman - rd 2Fuller - rd 2/3Cooper - rd  4Listenbee - rd 5

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

i agree, we need one of the following speedy WR's in the coming draft if they fall to a value position. Without a doubt.Coleman - rd 2Fuller - rd 2/3Cooper - rd  4Listenbee - rd 5

I like your choices although I would like to include Sterling Sheppard as a round 2 option.Coleman won't be there in round 2 and I'm starting to see a shift in thinking with people putting Coleman as the number 1 wr in this class. Not sure how I feel about the Bucs taking him at 9 but if they are able to find a trade partner and move back some I would be good with the selection.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Broncos have 2 good WRs.  We have 2 good WRs.I agree the goal is to fill the team with talented players.  I just think it's better to have talented linemen than talented skill positions.  Your 2013 Broncos team shows that.I don't agree with how koetter operates.  No one really knows how koetter operates.  Did pamphile play so much because he didn't trust the starting 5?  Or does he just like that extra power and protection game?Every offense needs consistency and health to operate at a Super Bowl level.  Does that mean we should go ahead and part ways with Evans/vjax/Murphy/ASJ now?  I don't believe so.Wasn't fuller pretty inconsistent in college?  Didn't treadwell have an injury history?  Doesn't Coleman catch the ball with his body?  Everyone has issues.  For Winston, I think WRs that understand defenses and know the offense are most important.  I think the team is currently developing humphries, dye, and bell.  Mabye they stick, maybe they don't. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who's gonna play nose? 

from NFL.com:SOURCES TELL US "Our area scout really likes him a lot and he's already angling for us to consider him, but he falls outside of the physical parameters of what we want from inside guys. I see him as only a 4­-3 nose for a one­-gap defense and that's the only fit." -- Former Louisville defensive tackle Brandon DunnNFL COMPARISON Grady Jarrett

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Who's gonna play nose? 

from NFL.com:SOURCES TELL US "Our area scout really likes him a lot and he's already angling for us to consider him, but he falls outside of the physical parameters of what we want from inside guys. I see him as only a 4­-3 nose for a one­-gap defense and that's the only fit." -- Former Louisville defensive tackle Brandon DunnNFL COMPARISON Grady Jarrett

in that case I’d much rather draft a bigger NT.  I will get behind him if he’s the pick, I’d just rather a bigger guy to anchor the middle.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Depends on what they want for a NT, right?Booger, Henry Thomas, Brad Culpepper all smaller than Rankins.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

the Broncos have 2 good WRs.  We have 2 good WRs.I agree the goal is to fill the team with talented players.  I just think it's better to have talented linemen than talented skill positions.  Your 2013 Broncos team shows that.I don't agree with how koetter operates.  No one really knows how koetter operates.  Did pamphile play so much because he didn't trust the starting 5?  Or does he just like that extra power and protection game?Every offense needs consistency and health to operate at a Super Bowl level.  Does that mean we should go ahead and part ways with Evans/vjax/Murphy/ASJ now?  I don't believe so.Wasn't fuller pretty inconsistent in college?  Didn't treadwell have an injury history?  Doesn't Coleman catch the ball with his body?  Everyone has issues.  For Winston, I think WRs that understand defenses and know the offense are most important.  I think the team is currently developing humphries, dye, and bell.  Mabye they stick, maybe they don't.

We have 1 good WR who gets banged up and another aging WR who may not have much left in the tank. Addressing a WR in the draft if he is BPA is not a bad way to go.

Please wait…

• rogersgc

Participant

We have 1 good WR who gets banged up and another aging WR who may not have much left in the tank. Addressing a WR in the draft if he is BPA is not a bad way to go.

^^^^^

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Move and get Buckner!

Please wait…

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.