Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• bucfanskiz

Participant

After signing Suh and extending Smith I used The Draft Network site with trades to draft the following. Would love to hear your thoughts.

Trades:
      Round 1: Trade with Cincy
      Cincy Gets TB 1st RD (32)
      TB Gets Cincy 2nd RD (38), 5th RD (149), & 7th RD (235)
      Round 2: Trade with Buffalo
      Buffalo Gets TB 2nd RD (64) & 7th RD (235)
      TB Gets Buffalo 2nd RD (61)
      Round 4: Trade with Denver
      Denver Gets TB 4th RD (137) & 7th RD (251)
      TB Gets Denver 4th RD (114)

The Picks
      38. Rondale Moore: WR Perdue – Electric WR that is a threat every time he touches the ball. Not a replacement for AB’s experience but also provides upside in the return game.

61. Carlos Basham Jr.: Edge Wake Forest – Situational Edge to learn under Shaq & JPP. Size / strength to have impact.

95. Kenneth Gainwell: RB Memphis – Tampa and TB get a pass catching threat out of the back field. TB still needs to add a complementary veteran RB for RoJo.

114. Aaron Banks: OG Notre Dame – People mover and good depth or replacement for Cappa at Guard. Could learn as a back up in year 1.

149. Darius Stills: IDL WVU – Depth at DT could develop into a replacement or rotational piece in the future.

176. Alaric Jackson: OT Iowa – Bucs struck gold with Wirfs could they go back and get the other bookend. Not expecting gold but could be a reliable young depth player as needed.

217. Simi Fehoko: WR Stanford – Big (6’4″ / 227) fast (unofficial 4.37 40 at Pro Day) another complement to a deep WR room that provides TB12 another great red zone target. Low risk high reward pick.

• Trask Force

Participant

Well you might as well wait to see what happens with Brown before predicting the Bucs draft a WR with their top pick. If Brown signs then drafting a WR would create a logjam. I just don’t see it. Sure a Day 3 pick, but not earlier, unless Brown doesn’t get re-signed.

• Alldaway 2.0

Participant

Bucs haven’t re-signed R. Smith or R. Cockrell yet. If Bucs re-sign only one of them the Bucs will have to go CB at some point in the draft. Hopefully they can re-sign both and not worry about CB this year.

I think AB is more open to coming back to the Bucs. Can’t say the same with playoff Lenny.

But Gainwell..I like his game a lot.

Build the trenches!

• seekpar

Participant

I don’t see the Bucs drafting a WR in this draft. Evans, Godwin, Miller, Johnson. AB if he’s back. Why use draft capital on a WR when there are needs at other positions?

• mjs020294

Participant

D-line will definitely be addressed in the first two rounds. I can see the Bucs trying to move down on a couple of pucks though. Adding extra picks and securing the longterm future is the best plan when you’re set for the next season.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.