Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 22 reply threads

• Author

• theman101

Participant

Hey, we have 1 month left until the draft. Anyone doing any mock drafts or simulators? Drop an idea of yours here.

I did one on the first-pick site. Traded back with Cincinnati for their 2nd and 3rd. then again at the back of 2 with Minnesota for their 3rd and comp 3rd.

Your score is: 48110 (GRADE: A+)

Your Picks:
      Round 2 Pick 6 (CINN): Greg Newsome, CB, Northwestern (A+)
      Round 3 Pick 5 (CINN): Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State (A+)
      Round 3 Pick 14 (MINN): Quincy Roche, DE/OLB, Miami (FL) (A+)
      Round 3 Pick 26 (MINN): Michael Carter, RB, North Carolina (A+)
      Round 3 Pick 31: Anthony Schwartz, WR, Auburn (A+)
      Round 4 Pick 32: Ronnie Perkins, DE/OLB, Oklahoma (A+)
      Round 5 Pick 32: Adrian Ealy, OT, Oklahoma (A+)
      Round 6 Pick 32 (COMP): D’Ante Smith, OT, East Carolina (A+)
      Round 7 Pick 24: Buddy Johnson, ILB/OLB, Texas A&M (A+)
      Round 7 Pick 31: Max Duffy, P, Kentucky (A+)

Your Future Picks:
      2022 Round 1 Pick
      2023 Round 1 Pick

• The Freeman

Participant

First pick is fun… but too much unrealistic trades!

Ronnie Perkins a late 4th round???
      no way they take 2 OT after the Josh Wells’ deal… + Licht’s track record on Day 3 OT is really bad… and no iOL?

• theman101

Participant

I saw one of those OT’s getting pushed inside. Agreed on Licht, drafted how the board fell. I would have been happy with that draft

• bodydenny

Participant

Fanspeak:

32: R1 P32 EDGE Gregory Rousseau – Miami
      64: R2 P32 OT Jalen Mayfield – Michigan
      103: R3 P39 DL Jay Tufele – USC
      137: R4 P32 RB Khalil Herbert – Virginia Tech
      141: R4 P36 CB Robert Rochell – Central Arkansas
      176: R5 P32 C Jimmy Morrissey – Pittsburgh

• The Freeman

Participant

• JC5100

Participant

10 rookies arent making the team

• mjs020294

Participant

Best option is move down round one and take someones 2nd pick this year and 1st pick in 2022.

• BuccaNOLEer

Blocked

I don’t know why mock simulators have Gregory Rousseau at the end of round 1. He will be gone by pick 20 at the latest.

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Hey, we have 1 month left until the draft. Anyone doing any mock drafts or simulators? Drop an idea of yours here.

I did one on the first-pick site. Traded back with Cincinnati for their 2nd and 3rd. then again at the back of 2 with Minnesota for their 3rd and comp 3rd.

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
      2022 Round 1 Pick
      2023 Round 1 Pick

with 3 young starting caliber corners, i have to question why a cornerback with first pick?

i would think our top 3 picks would be along the lines of edge, defensive line, and interior offensive line. Rounds 4-7 would likely include cornerback, safety, Offensive tackle as depth, maybe even a 6th or 7th round QB.

• ratiffshabang

Participant

Your Picks:

Your Future Picks:
      2022 Round 1 Pick
      2023 Round 1 Pick

with 3 young starting caliber corners, i have to question why a cornerback with first pick?

i would think our top 3 picks would be along the lines of edge, defensive line, and interior offensive line. Rounds 4-7 would likely include cornerback, safety, Offensive tackle as depth, maybe even a 6th or 7th round QB.

Agreed, there’s zero reason to draft a cb with our 1st pick of the draft. We don’t have a dominant Peterson/Ramsey/Revis/Sanders type CB, but collectively (when healthy) they are a good starting group…esp when they have Whitehead and AWJ playing well behind them. Not opposed to a later cb with some potential, as a backup and to fill Ryan Smiths role. If we could get a motivated Marvin Wilson at the end of the 3rd or 4th, that could be a big win- just depends on if he can get his fire back. Our first 3 picks def need to be Edge, DT/NT, IOL (or OT that can play G as well).

• BadabingBucs

Participant

Something like this could be a successful draft – drafting for depth

1st round – Jayson Oweh, Penn State, Edge

Given the importance of pass rusher and with JPP on the wrong side of 32, the pick makes sense here. You can never have too many pass rushers. This also is an insurance plan if Shaq regresses. Not saying either JPP or Shaq wont remain studs.

2nd round – Trey Smith, OG, Tennessee

Both Alex Cappa and Ryan Jensen are free agents next year. As the Chiefs showed last year, having depth on the offensive line could be critical.

3rd round – Marvin Wilson, DT, Florida State

Suh and Gholston both free agents next year. Vita Vea was hurt last year. This pick gives us some depth.

4th round – Kellen Mond, QB Texas A&M

in all likelihood, Blaine Gabbert will be re-signed as the back-up but can we try some fresh blood for the Ryan Griffin role, perhaps somebody who has potential for a future in this league?

5th round – Rodarius Williams, CB Oklahoma State

given every opportunity to be the dime cornerback

6th round – Trey Norwood, S, Oklahoma

need a replacement for Adams

7th round – Trey Walker, WR/KR, San Jose State

will compete for kick returner role. If doesn’t win that, likely doesn’t make the team; assuming Antonio Brown remains with team.

7th round – Nate Hobbs, CB, Illinois

a camp fodder potentially but behind the big three, we need some bodies in the secondary

• m_j

Participant

I do not know how much mock drafts make sense when you pick on 32. we never picked last, zero experience with that. no clue who is really going to be there, and even less clue what‘s in jasons and bruces heads regarding draft. I still think our CBs are our weakest link and we should address that position in the draft, no way they perform in regular season as they did in the playoffs, but what if no good corner is there when we pick?

this is going to be most unusual bucs draft ever. you bring back all startes, you have decent depth and you have nearly all picks … different world :-)

• Boid Fink

Participant

Would Licht be willing to trade up for someone? Only have a certain amount of roster spots. So if he does, who should he move up for?

• JC5100

Participant

Jaelan Phillips would fit the defense perfectly. He’s a hybrid of JPP and Gholston. If he had faster twitch he would be going 3rd overall.

• TCB2W!

Participant

The only reason Jaelan Phillips would fall to us is because of his concussions. Talent he’s probably the best in the draft class. He may be one hit away from ending his career. He was already worried enough to quit once.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Ugh. If that’s the case, I wouldn’t roll the dice on the kid. He gets another one and it’s a wasted pick without a doubt then. Philips sort of reminds me of an end that should be playing at Iowa. Not really explosive at all but gets after it.

The only reason Jaelan Phillips would fall to us is because of his concussions. Talent he’s probably the best in the draft class. He may be one hit away from ending his career. He was already worried enough to quit once.

• Wutt

Participant

I have this feeling they go Najee Harris if he is still there at 32. Dude can catch out of the backfield and would fill that void of a pass catching RB. That prolly means Vaughn is out though.

• Boid Fink

Participant

What if the Bucs package four picks in this years draft to secure a future talent like say…Pitts?

What would that take? First, 2, 3,4?

Can you imagine a kid like Pitts with this team? Would that be mortgaging the future?

Build inside out I know. But sell out for a title? Pitts is a game changer. With this group…it would be over.

• m_j

Participant

not so sure how good najee harris is catching the ball, but as someone who was watching james wilder and mike alstott catch everything thrown at them I wouldn‘t mind going that route. james white was an option but he stayed in new england so if no good CB is there when we pick, why not?

• m_j

Participant

What if the Bucs package four picks in this years draft to secure a future talent like say…Pitts?

What would that take? First, 2, 3,4?

Can you imagine a kid like Pitts with this team? Would that be mortgaging the future?

Build inside out I know. But sell out for a title? Pitts is a game changer. With this group…it would be over.

yes, with gronk, oj and brate we definitely need pitts, noone else! maybe we should throw in another 3-4 first and go for one of those top WRs as well :-)

• seekpar

Participant

^^^this LMAO^^^

• Swash

Participant

The problem with trading down is you select more players than available roster spots.. I highly doubt they trade down extensively or move out of that first pick. Trading up is more likely.

• m_j

Participant

we may trade up, but not more than just few spots. we do not have ammunition for more and I refuse to believe we should give up our first in 2022, no matter the fact that pick isn‘t expected to be in low digits

• SaskBucs

Participant

TDN mock

I want to preface the picks by saying I would definitely have traded back outta round 1, with the options on the board, if I could have. I knew I could get Meinerz round 2 otherwise Humphrey and Dickerson were first round options, as well as Rousseau and Williams, so trading back 4-5 spots would have worked out well.

1- DL- Barmore (ALA)
      2- C- Meinerz
      3- RB- Carter (NC)
      4- OT- Ealy (OKLA)
      5- Edge- Golston (IOWA)

Stopped at 5. Next couple picks would have been WR/LB/CB/S whoever the fastest, best special teams players are left out there.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

That would be a great draft. I did mine without trades.

32. Kwity Paye EDGE, Michigan
      – Poor production in college but that could be how he was used

64. Brady Christensen OT, BYU
      – Versatile backup at T and G could develop into a starter.

95. Kenneth Gainwell RB, Memphis
      – Dual-threat RB. Possibly a kick returner.

137. Rodarius Williams CB, Oklahoma State
      – Long CB provides depth at outside CB.

176. Josh Imatorbhebhe WR, Illinois
      – Good size and athleticism. Deep-threat capabilities.

217. Brady Breeze S, Oregon
      – Special teams player. Interesting name.

251. Trevon Grimes WR, Florida
      – Big-body. Great hands. How does he drop this far?

• Colin in Canada

Participant

I have been going back and forth between the draftnetwork, fanspeak and the PFF draft games. Not a fan of the firstpick site because the trades are ridiculous.

In this Mock I traded back for an extra 3rd and 5th. Licht said they may draft a QB, both lines of scrimmage and speed on D. So this is my mock.

41: R2 P9 QB Kyle Trask – Florida
      64: R2 P32 RB Javonte Williams – North Carolina
      95: R3 P31 C Quinn Meinerz – Wisconsin-Whitewater
      101: R3 P37 CB Aaron Robinson – Central Florida
      137: R4 P32 EDGE Elerson Smith – Northern Iowa
      153: R5 P9 S Ar’Darius Washington – TCU
      176: R5 P32 WR Trevon Grimes – Florida
      217: R6 P33 LB Derrick Barnes – Purdue
      251: R7 P23 OT Drew Himmelman – Illinois State
      259: R7 P31 DL Jonathan Marshall – Arkansas

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

Love the Kyle Trask pick.

Went crazy with the trades and ended up with this>

32.Zaven Collins LB Tulsa

95.Brady Christensen OT BYU

97.Kenneth Gainwell RB Memphis

103.Tyson Campbell CB Georgia

110.Elerson Smith EDGE Northern Iowa

141.Bobby Brown DT Texas A&M

Viewing 22 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.