Viewing 33 reply threads

• Author

• CaptainStagger

Participant

Can we get a merge and sticky 3SK!The round we draft a QB is the deciding factor. I want to trade back, but mocks with trades are bush league.Round 1ManzielMathewsG. JacksonHuffS. LongCaleb LaveyRound 2EvansGaroppoloG. JacksonHuffS. LongCaleb LaveyRound 3DonaldMathewsMurrayHuffLongLaveyRound 5EvansFiloRichardsonGilbert/Smith/ShawS. LongC LaveyThe struggle for me with mock drafts is walking the fine line between projecting what the Bucs will do, and inserting my opinion of what they should do. Most if these are house hold names. Outside of Watkins: Evans, Matthews, Richardson and Huff are my favorite recievers this year. I don't think Jackson is a great fit for this O-Line and would prefer someone more mobile...but not much value for G in round 3. I have been high on Long for a while, good value if he falls. Caleb Lavey is a guy I love late. Very underated. Excels in coverage, 6'3 245 cornfed ILB from OSU. 12.5 TFL's 2 Sacks, 3 INT, 4 forced fumbles, 93 tackles.If I'm projecting a Lovie draft....DonaldFiloRichardsonHuffConnor ShawLongLaveyIt doesn't get any less sexy than that....if it were me...ManzielMatthewsJacksonHuffLongLyeriaLavey UDFA This year is soooo unpredictable....

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Best case trade down scenario IMO: Trade down with 49ers. Get 49ers’ 1st, both 2nd, & all three 3rd round draft picks. Draft WR Brandin Cooks with 49ers’ original 1st round draft choice.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yeah, we need a stickied mock thread. Last year’s was fun and 3SK did a good job of updating the initial post to list everyone’s mock. I’d like to see that again.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bump for a sticky

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Bring on the sticky icky.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1st Round – DT Aaron Donald. I think Manziel makes the most sense for us at #7, but I don’t think he will still be there for us to take and I wouldn’t trade up for anyone. Donald could actually be gone at #7 too. I see him as a very rare player that will immediately have a great impact on any defense he goes to. I believe when is all said and done, when we look back on this draft 10 years from now, Donald will have been the best pass rusher from this class and perhaps the best player overall. Cannot pass that up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3YKvx6LcBs2nd Round - OG Gabe Jackson. I'd be seriously considering Austen Seferian-Jenkins or Brandin Cooks here if they are on the board, but in the end I think we have to shore up our interior O-line and Gabe Jackson does that. He is damn near the size of Carl Nicks and he road grades people when running the ball. He's good in pass protection too, but run blocking is where he really shines. I think that is going to be important for a Lovie Smith coached team. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cA-nDbk3k3c3rd Round - WR Jarvis Landry. It will be curious to see if Landry makes it to the 3rd round. He's all over the place in the online rankings. It will come down to how much clout NFL teams put into 40 times and the underwear olympics. Landry wasn't very impressive in any of that stuff. Some would even say he was bad at all those things. When it comes to playing football though, he is amazing. He doesn't have amazing size or speed, but when the bullets are flying and everything is live on gameday, Landry rises to the top and is just a flat out baller. Plays harder. Prepares harder. He wants it more than everyone else and to back that up he has the best set of hands I have seen in years. He is a legit upgrade over Mike WIll outside as our #2, or he could be an absolute monster inside as our slot.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiJ0EwNclSM5th Round - QB Keith Wenning I've been reading that Wenning has been visiting with quite a few teams lately and is garnering a lot of attention. He might not end up being the late round gem I thought he was. If he is here in the 5th round though, I think it makes sense for us to take him. He is a developmental guy from Ball State that would need to sit for at least a year, maybe two...but with McCown here and Glennon backing him up, we can afford to let a guy like Wenning sit and learn Tedford's offense. Wenning is a guy that has the size, smarts, arm strength, and accuracy to be worth a pick here. May never be more than a back up, but still worth a pick here.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p5mRuYXZ106th Round - WR Ryan Grant or WR Kevin Norwood. I think both these guys are underrated. Both are similar. Norwood is a little bigger than Grant, but neither have elite size or speed. Both are just great all around receivers that do everything well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BecpfPGnqL4https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Q_T3OyNxo7th Round - LB Carlos Fields. It's so hard to mock this late in the draft because you have no idea who might have fallen or what the best value is going to be. There is a good chance that taking another WR here will be the best value. Maybe a troubled but talented TE like Colt Lyerla. Maybe someone you expected to go much earlier is still there. Hard to say. I'm going to go with a talented longshot. Carlos Fields is a Division ll stand out linebacker. It's always hard to know for a sure whether a guy that dominates Division ll is really good or if the competition was just really bad, so it's a risk. But in round seven it is worth the risk. If he goes undrafted he'll be getting calls from every team in the league, so I say take him in the 7th and see what the kid can do. His pro day numbers were impressive. Very fast and explosive for a 240lbs linebacker. On film he is like a heat seeking missile. he sheds blocks and moves though trash with ease. He's a beast when rushing off the edge and he does well in coverage. Could end up being a real gem. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XacN7PsluWk

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My wish list…  No trades - looking to fill holes (as no one knows who the BPA is going to be.)1st Round - QB Teddy Bridgewater. Smart, Focused, Lives and breathes football.  Another level when football is the subject.  The Ideal candidate to sit behind McCown, learn Tedford's offense and get on an NFL training program.2nd Round - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Soft hands and Excellent body control.  3rd Round - WR Jordan Mathews - Fast, Focused and doesn't like to lose. Big and sneaky fast.  Runs routes and is productive.  Hopefully his cousin (Jerry Rice) has rubbed off on him.5th Round - OG Dakota Dozier. Quick and good balance.  Needs some NFL coaching and weight training.6th Round - WR/PR/KR Dri Archer - Speed in Space.  7th Round - OLB Prince Shembo - Can play with hand on the ground.  Strong, Hair on fire type player.  Ferocious with awareness.and some UDFAs.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My wish list...  No trades - looking to fill holes (as no one knows who the BPA is going to be.)1st Round - QB Teddy Bridgewater. Smart, Focused, Lives and breathes football.  Another level when football is the subject.  The Ideal candidate to sit behind McCown, learn Tedford's offense and get on an NFL training program.2nd Round - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Soft hands and Excellent body control.  3rd Round - WR Jordan Mathews - Fast, Focused and doesn't like to lose. Big and sneaky fast.  Runs routes and is productive.  Hopefully his cousin (Jerry Rice) has rubbed off on him.5th Round - OG Dakota Dozier. Quick and good balance.  Needs some NFL coaching and weight training.6th Round - WR/PR/KR Dri Archer - Speed in Space.  7th Round - OLB Prince Shembo - Can play with hand on the ground.  Strong, Hair on fire type player.  Ferocious with awareness.and some UDFAs.

sweet draft. I like it except Mathews. Im not a fan of his because even though he comes down with the ball, corners are on him like white on rice on way too many deep passes for my liking. Switch Mathews for Jared Abbrederis and I love it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

My wish list...  No trades - looking to fill holes (as no one knows who the BPA is going to be.)1st Round - QB Teddy Bridgewater. Smart, Focused, Lives and breathes football.  Another level when football is the subject.  The Ideal candidate to sit behind McCown, learn Tedford's offense and get on an NFL training program.2nd Round - TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins - Soft hands and Excellent body control.  3rd Round - WR Jordan Mathews - Fast, Focused and doesn't like to lose. Big and sneaky fast.  Runs routes and is productive.  Hopefully his cousin (Jerry Rice) has rubbed off on him.5th Round - OG Dakota Dozier. Quick and good balance.  Needs some NFL coaching and weight training.6th Round - WR/PR/KR Dri Archer - Speed in Space.  7th Round - OLB Prince Shembo - Can play with hand on the ground.  Strong, Hair on fire type player.  Ferocious with awareness.and some UDFAs.

Not bad at all. The only thing that jumps out at me is that there is little to no chance of Dakota Dozier being there in the 5th. We'll be fortunate if he is still there in the 3rd for us. I think we gotta go OG in the 2nd or 3rd. We've put ourselves in a position where we can't risk not getting an OG that can start right away and play well. If our interior O-line is garbage, it won't matter what other pieces we add to the offense. I'd love to go ASJ in the 2nd, but then I think we have to take Dozier in the 3rd and grab some WRs later. If we get past the first three rounds and don't have an OG....we are in trouble.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Dozier is the late riser…  probably right that he won’t be there in the 5th (hope we can move up into the third/ fourth somehow to get him (Glennon?)…) and if that’s the case it’s Archer in the 4th and another lineman in the 5th).

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Jon Halapio might be an option in the 5th. Another huge road grading OG that was injured last year. Bucs have worked him out.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Mike Evans WR Texas A&M 2. Gabe Jackson OG Miss St. 3. Will Sutton DT Arizona St5.  Telvin Smith ILB FSU6. Robert Herron WR Wyoming7. Richard Rogers TE CaliforniaThis will probably change a 100 times before draft day.  Think there will end being a lot of trades in the first two rounds so I can see us moving back, but this is my best guess right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Something wrong here….I don’t see any David Carr mentions….

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/All-Time-Draft-Buccaneers-Take-Munoz/ecc49877-669b-4e91-873e-d3b26015c265

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Something wrong here....I don't see any David Carr mentions....

I know you were just trying to be funny, but I'd be willing to bet Carr is rated higher by a lot of NFL teams than Bortles and Manziel. Would not be shocked to see him go in the top ten.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Mike Evans2. David Yankey3. Jared Abbrederis5. Brett Smith6. Aaron Colvin7. Aaron Lynch

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I’ve read that scouts think the media over hyped Yanky and he is more of a 3rd round guy. The struggle I’m seeing this year is that we will be looking for athletic agile gaurds that can pull and get to the second level, not the road graders. And the draft seems quite thin at starters all together. Not a good year to get a guard as I see 3-4 quality starters. Gonna need to grab one by rd 3.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I know you were just trying to be funny, but I'd be willing to bet Carr is rated higher by a lot of NFL teams than Bortles and Manziel. Would not be shocked to see him go in the top ten.

Not so much trying to be funny as much as poking fun at PR...for the record, I don't have a problem with Carr if it meant trading down to late first or choosing him in 2nd IF...big IF....he's the best talent available.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I doubt it. Manziel and Bortles are far from perfect, but both handle pressure very well and show no signs of getting rattled. Carr on the other hand has shown repeatedly that he cannot keep his wits and do his job when under pressure. His decision making and accuracy go out the window when under pressure and although he seems to be a pretty decent athlete, he hasn't shown any ability to avoid pressure to extend the play. I think the Carr hype is manufactured smoke. If he does go early, I bet it's a dumb team like the Raiders, Jags, or Browns.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If he does go early, I bet it's a team like the Raiders, Jags, or Browns.

Totally agree. :D** I wouldn't rule out the Texans at 1, that would be pretty cool actually.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Sammy Watkins WR2. Jaco Amaro TE3. Gabe Jackson OG 5. Murray/Mettenburg/Garapolo/Mccarron 6. Aaron Lynch DE7. BPA CB/LB

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Sammy Watkins WR2. Jaco Amaro TE3. Gabe Jackson OG 5. Murray/Mettenburg/Garapolo/Mccarron 6. Aaron Lynch DE7. BPA CB/LB

I like it. Did Gabe Jackson fail a drug test or punch a cab driver or something?  He's the best OG in the draft and I've seen him mocked in the third round to many times this week, he must have done something.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I like it. Did Gabe Jackson fail a drug test or punch a cab driver or something?  He's the best OG in the draft and I've seen him mocked in the third round to many times this week, he must have done something.

Ive seen him drop on a couple but I doubt he does. I'm just hoping a quality guard does drop to us in the third because we need some guard play.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I don't know why people are doing that, but we'll be lucky if he is there for us in the 2nd round. No way he makes it to the 3rd round.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Maybe Jackson’s slam dunk video wasn’t on regulation rims?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Could be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Teddy Bridgewater | QB | LouisvilleTRADE DOWN mid second grab the missing 4th2. Donte Moncrief | WR | Ole Miss3. Paul Richardson | WR | Colorado4. Trai Turner | OG | LSU5. Jon Halapio | OG | UF6. Aaron Colvin | CB | Oklahoma7. Larry Webster | DE | Bloomsburg.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Was just reading the Draft Bible mock. They have the Saints taking Shazier and Landry…..smh. Please no.NFL Draft Bible ?@NFLDraftBible  1hNew Orleans #Saints 3-round mock draft. Rd.1: LB Ryan Shazier / Rd.2: WR Jarvis Landry / Rd.3: OT Seantrel Henderson.#2014NFLdraft

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Manziel2. Trade up using next years picks, nab evans.3. Gabe jackson4. Speed5. Speed6. EtcIf I'm going to "spend" it's going to be for an elite wr or qb, and one of those two are going to be good in the nfll, if not both. And it's just a bonus that they would already have chemistry coming into the nfl.Get that done, draft a guard, and find a stable of speedy players to choose from and I believe we would have something good working towards the future of the offensive side.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

1. Teddy Bridgewater | QB | LouisvilleTRADE DOWN mid second grab the missing 4th2. Donte Moncrief | WR | Ole Miss3. Paul Richardson | WR | Colorado4. Trai Turner | OG | LSU5. Jon Halapio | OG | UF6. Aaron Colvin | CB | Oklahoma7. Larry Webster | DE | Bloomsburg.

Moncrief is slotted in the third by most experts but when it's all said and done I think he goes in the second also. Doubling up on OG seems like a good strategy at this point. The one thing I don't think will happen is our first defensive player being taken so late in the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

chace1986:#7 - Mike Evans - WR - Texas A&M#38 - Kony Ealy - DE - Mizzou#69 - Paul Richardson - WR - Colorado#143 - Gabe Ikard - C - Oklahoma#185 - Khairi Fortt - OLB - California#221 - Cornelius Lucas - OT - Kansas St.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Here is my final mock, but I have two versions. One with Manziel @ 7 because that is my preference, and one where Manziel is already off the board. Both are assuming we get a 4th round pick, either by trading Glennon or trading back in the 2nd round. be cool if we could do both and get two 4ths….but I won’t go trade crazy in this mock. 1st - QB Johnny Manziel2nd - WR Jarvis Landry3rd - DT Will Sutton4th - OG Best Available (Gabe Jackson, Billy Turner, Trai Turner, Dakota Dozier, David Yankey, Jon Halapio or Brandon Thomas)5th - WR Best Available (Josh Huff, Ryan Grant, or Kevin Norwood)6th - WR Jeff Janis7th - LB Carlos Fieldsor1st - DT Aaron Donald2nd - WR Jarvis Landry3rd - OG Best Available (Gabe Jackson, Billy Turner, Trai Turner, Dakota Dozier, David Yankey, Jon Halapio or Brandon Thomas)4th - QB Keith Wenning or QB Aaron Murray or QB David Fales5th - WR Best Available (Josh Huff, Ryan Grant, or Kevin Norwood)6th - WR Jeff Janis 7th - LB Carlos Fields

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

2 and 6 are the only ones I like…But I know as much as everyone else around here...  WOOHOO.  Hold my beer and watch this!  :)

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

No Trade Down:1. Mike Evans2. Dominique Easley3. Gabe Jackson5. Jared Abbrederis6. Aaron Lynch7. Colt LyerlaTrade Down to middle of first round, pick up 2nd and 4th1. Odell Beckham Jr2. Dominique Easley2. Kyle Van Noy3. Gabe Jackson4. Trai Turner5. Jared Abbrederis6. Aaron Lynch7. Colt Lyerla

Please wait…

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.