Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 4 reply threads

• Author

• Eric Horchy

Keymaster

If the rest of the season continues like this, diagnoses of bipolar disorder are going to skyrocket across Tampa Bay.https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/monday-afterthoughts-bucs-building-process-continues/

• Anonymous

Inactive

I thought the offensive line played well.  IMO, especially Ali Marpet looked very good in the running game.  He moved his man most of the time with ease and did a really good job getting to the 2nd level and wearing out the linebackers.  I also thought Donovan Smith did well.  When remembering he got beat in the pass rush a couple of times, remember that he was blocking a probowl DE in Cameron Jordan.  He was pretty much left one-on-one with him most of the time too.Winston actually played better than his numbers.  He had a least 3 "drops" that would have made a huge difference in both his numbers and the game.  First Louis Murphy dropped what would have been a first down pass on 3rd down, then ASJ dropped what would have been a 40 yard gain inside the Saint 10, then Evans caught a BEAUTIFUL throw over the shoulder down the sideline but the refs said he only got one foot down.  Not sure that was true but again Lovie didn't challenge the call just as he didn't the Jackson pass in the back of the end zone last week which would have been Winston's 3rd TD pass in his first game against a defensive master's defense.  Evans play would have added an additional approximately 30 yards.  Winston averaged just under 10 yards per attempt as it was.I believe the future is bright as this offense develops, but we will still see ups and downs as it continues to develop.BTW, I don't agree that Hawley may unseat Evan Smith as the C.  The running game took a drop as soon as Smith went out.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Nice to see your thoughts bucjoe – enjoyed as always 

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks Dave!  Been gone a while and have really been disappointed to see such a dearth of conversation on the Insider Board.  I hope to see it change.  Reading your thoughts would be a big boost to it.

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks Dave!  Been gone a while and have really been disappointed to see such a dearth of conversation on the Insider Board.  I hope to see it change.  Reading your thoughts would be a big boost to it.

Joe! Great to see you typing gain. IMO the Buccaneers ARE building towards something special. I believe it is a process and am willing to be patient as long as there is progess. That's why it was so tough for many of us to swallow the opening day blowout when it was clear the team was not ready to play.Amazing what one week can do, isn't it? I love being the youngest team in the NFL when there is so much developing talent. Last April could be one of those drafts we are looking back on years from now and saying WOW!I think the Texans are beatable on the road and it would be a big boost to come home to play the Panthers at 2-1, obviously. But the Buccaneers have GOT to start playing WELL at home.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.