Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 25 reply threads

• Author

• Boid Fink

Participant

They have a garbage secondary, possibly the worst in the league, and it hasn’t even slightly improved.

What is the major problem? Can any of those guys stick to a hip, swivel their heads and anticipate a play?

This secondary is the reason why this team would lose. Just a complete Achilles heel.

The scheme Bowles has run regarding their pass defense needs to be altered. He is coaching them to play slow.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Doesn’t matter.

The GOAT won’t let this team lose.

He makes up for holes everywhere else.

I’ve never been able to say that before as a bucs fan.

Feels great!

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

But worst in the league is a major overstatement lol.

Awj: above average

Dean & Davis: top 15 cbs(per pff)

Is it the best? Far from.

Is it the worst? Far from as well.

• dalbuc

Participant

I think SMB is bad at this point. Dean and Davis seem like they can do better but they are clearly lost in zones and particularly playing off.

All of this is amplified when our pass rush can’t get there or contain.

• buc_boi

Participant

Imagine that, nothing positive… only more negative bull!

What’s with the members of this miserable ass message board?

If you all cry this much after a playoff win what’s it going to look like if we lose.

Bunch of ‘I told you so’ cryfest, we all know who’s going to lead that charge don’t we.

• dalbuc

Participant

I suspect the comments will be the same. The offense produced, run defense was solid and the secondary got shredded. Winning doesn’t magically make your team perfect.

If you all cry this much after a playoff win what’s it going to look like if we lose.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

The GOAT is the fact that we got 11 wins and our first playoff win since the Super Bowl in 2002.

The rest of the team still doesn’t have that killer instinct. Every game has been a contest except Detroit and Green Bay.

• BChaves8

Participant

Nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious fatal flaw of this team.

• RHBucsFan

Participant

The risk of blitzing is that it leaves your secondary liable to getting burnt. When it works though, it’s great.

There have been moments when we don’t blitz and our secondary gets chewed apart regardless; the second game against the saints and the first half against Kansas City come to mind.

Instead of just sitting back and getting toasted, I wish we’d see Bowles gamble and send constant pressure on the QB. I mean, if you’re secondary is getting torched anyways, what do you have to lose?

• Boid Fink

Participant

Precisely. Brees murdered the coverage, guys were flying around with their heads cut off, lost in space. They need to be aware that Payton (man I hate that turd) is going to change his offense slightly to keep the defense guessing wrong again. Dean, SMB, even Davis in zone, are just fatally flawed. Bowles may want to press and blitz.

Nothing wrong with pointing out the obvious fatal flaw of this team.

• Detrimental

Participant

They are horrible in zone/off coverage. SMB/Dean/White have bad instincts in that aspect. Guys are playing 10 yards back not even paying attention if the QB is making a 3 or 5 step drop. The attention to detail is piss poor. CD3 is pretty good I think he is still battling that groin injury but he is the only reliable one that makes plays. Winfield/CD3 we know, the rest are a mixed bag.

The Defense is supposed to dictate how the game gets played. When we play the Saints they go wherever the hell they want to go at any given play.

• TBChucky

Participant

The secondary is not being used to their strengths. That much is obvious. Hence the slow play Boid is referring to. They’re thinking instead of reacting when they’re in zone. Other teams notice this. I honestly think Davis and Dean can potentially be a tandem that ranks towards the top of the league. They’re not being used properly by Bowles. Hopefully that’ll change this week. This problem makes our pass rush ineffective. There’s always someone open for a quick dump off. WFT basically proved that. I feel like Bowles is letting Mike Smith manage his secondary sometimes. Don’t get be wrong, I’m not bitching about the win or the team. I’m one of the biggest homers on here. It’s just frustrating.

• buc_boi

Participant

I suspect the comments will be the same. The offense produced, run defense was solid and the secondary got shredded. Winning doesn’t magically make your team perfect.

Nothing I’m saying should be taken As I think this team is perfect. That’s a stretch

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Buc boi sniffs Licht’s farts for a living

• Boid Fink

Participant

Sniffs farts for a living…lol.

I think the major issue here is that teams don’t suddenly make changes this late in the year. They aren’t going to fix what is broken because the team is winning. Problem with that is they aren’t winning against New Orleans unless they do change their strategy. You can’t give up 400 yards to Brees and Company. They capitalize majorly.

• buc_boi

Participant

Shouldn’t your grown ass be dry snitching on someone?

• BucBalla85

Participant

Op is right though that the consistency is the inconsistency with the defense. I’ll say this that they are often times timely with their “good” play and are bad early in games which is better than them being their worst late in games. So they do a decent job making adjustments which is good. Whats gonna kill us is getting behind in games by too much early because sometimes our offense doesn’t get going right away. Which means if our d is doing its normal crap early in games then they are gonna have a tough time coming back. This is how the Saints and the chiefs beat us. So if we have our d in check early in the game I’m confident we can beat the Saints. We get better as the game goes on and if we start on time we have a chance to beat them because they aren’t always consistent either. Just gotta show up early and often. Which is a little worrisome but its something they can overcome.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Candidly, I’m worried you’re gonna go John Lennon super fan on Licht… so maybe I should report you before another legend is lost?

• TBChucky

Participant

God.. I hate the idea of spending more high draft picks on DB’s.. Unless it’s an absolute stud.. This draft needs to go to trenches, and trench depth.. A stud returner would be nice too..

• buc_boi

Participant

Candidly, I’m worried you’re gonna go John Lennon super fan on Licht… so maybe I should report you before another legend is lost?

If you’re finished trying to derail this topic, the rest of us real buccaneer fans would like to continue enjoying our playoff run.

Thanks

• Biggs3535

Participant

I’m not concerned about the pass defense. Devin White is back. The Saints will be lucky to score 17, and that’s with a pick-six on AB’s Philly special throw to TB12.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Surrender noted, boi

• Boid Fink

Participant

Not sure if serious. Seems like a sarcastic remark from you…

I’m not concerned about the pass defense. Devin White is back. The Saints will be lucky to score 17, and that’s with a pick-six on AB’s Philly special throw to TB12.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Not sure if serious. Seems like a sarcastic remark from you…

Highly sarcastic. The Bucs will need to score 35 to win.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Hindsight is 2020(thank god) but imagine if we had given a 5th for Desmond king. Dude went for a 6th. Smh.

One all pro & this secondary would be borderline top 5.

• Mic

Participant

Keep Brady clean and healthy, if our MVP destroys offenses when he has time give him time. The best value pick would be the center position or to find a way to get rid of Jensen. LT rookies are much harder to hit. A center that frees up Jensen 10M and arguably could be better than him, will free more money up for another position.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.