Viewing 23 reply threads

• Author

• Zach Shapiro

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/most-disappointing-buccaneers-at-vikings/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

All good choices.  Spot on.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

how did you grade dsmith after the first play?  hard also for me to put clay on the list - he showed a lot of explosiveness, a lot of quicks, sure hands and no fear.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys forgot to list our starting QB under your ‘dishonorable mentions’ section. Why am I not surprised?

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

You guys forgot to list our starting QB under your 'dishonorable mentions' section. Why am I not surprised?

You were disappointed in his play?  I don't see how anyone could say that unless of course you were expecting Brett Favre.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You guys forgot to list our starting QB under your 'dishonorable mentions' section. Why am I not surprised?

I agree

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I agree

You were disappointed?  I don't get it. That would mean you were expecting much more?

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Disappointing? Not Gilkey. He did not disappoint at Center unless you expected a complete turnaround there.Disappointed in the coaches if they think he can play there with the limited experience, which is all bad, that he's had.He needs to make it as a Guard only, even as a backup. He played well there last night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

He needs to make it as a Guard only, even as a backup. He played well there last night.

Uh, no. No, he didn't. Luckily for him, he was so bad at Center, people aren't talking about him getting his ass kicked at RG.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

He needs to make it as a Guard only, even as a backup. He played well there last night.

Uh, no. No, he didn't. Luckily for him, he was so bad at Center, people aren't talking about him getting his ass kicked at RG.

His NFL career will be over in 3 weeks.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You were disappointed in his play?  I don't see how anyone could say that unless of course you were expecting Brett Favre.

I was expecting better than Mariota. He was not.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Looking at that list, a good choice would of been Glennon. I thought for sure he was going to look like Aaron Rodgers playing against the scrubs. Then he came out and looked mediocre. I guess that is just who he is.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

I agree with that. In the big rookie QB race they are neck and neck right now.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Yes, and this is concerning since we were told how Winston was by far the more pro-ready QB and that Mariota would need more time to develop. But I look forward to next week. I expect to see an improvement from Winston and the offense overall.

Please wait…

• billym

Participant

Yes, and this is concerning since we were told how Winston was by far the more pro-ready QB and that Mariota would need more time to develop. But I look forward to next week. I expect to see an improvement from Winston and the offense overall.

The big difference though is Mettenberger looked damn good. So Mariota has him breathing down his neck.  In our case Glennon looked like crap so Winston has nothing to worry about.

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

The fact that Mariota is throwing picks on simple screen passes and fumbling in the pocket from not stepping up is far more concerning than Winston throwing a pick by not moving the safety with his eyes and the DB holding onto Evans.The type of mistakes Mariota is making is elementary Pro-style QB mistakes that Winston learned in High School.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Besides the int and fumble Mariota was far superior to Winston in his first outing. He was lasering the ball down the field and picking apart Atlanta’s D. Some people will point out that he only looked sharp because he was facing Atlanta’s D, but outside of a handful of passes Winston did not look good against Minnesota’s second string.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Besides the int and fumble Mariota was far superior to Winston in his first outing. He was lasering the ball down the field and picking apart Atlanta's D. Some people will point out that he only looked sharp because he was facing Atlanta's D, but outside of a handful of passes Winston did not look good against Minnesota's second string.

lol

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

Besides the int and fumble Mariota was far superior to Winston in his first outing. He was lasering the ball down the field and picking apart Atlanta's D. Some people will point out that he only looked sharp because he was facing Atlanta's D, but outside of a handful of passes Winston did not look good against Minnesota's second string.

Try again, young buck. Mariota was not firing anything down field except for in the third series on a 3rd and 12. Which was a very good pass by Mariota. Outside of that much of Mariota's passes were checkdown (not that there is anything wrong with checkdowns per se). Winston was attempting advance level passes which required one to sit in the pocket and read coverage on 13 of his 16 drop backs (I am not counting the last series which consisted of throw-a-ways and clocking the ball to stop the clock and a hail mary)

Please wait…

• bucfan75

Participant

lol

It is especially LOL when it came on his first two series, the only two full series that he saw the Falcon's D.

Please wait…

• tbfan4047

Participant

how did you grade dsmith after the first play?  hard also for me to put clay on the list - he showed a lot of explosiveness, a lot of quicks, sure hands and no fear.

Part of being a good PR is knowing when to make a play and when to fair catch or stay in the end zone. I'll chalk it up to nerves and trying to do too much, but his decisions were very poor last night.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Part of being a good PR is knowing when to make a play and when to fair catch or stay in the end zone. I'll chalk it up to nerves and trying to do too much, but his decisions were very poor last night.

i agree, but in a guys first game to be too aggressive?  i can hardly find that disappointing.  drops, bobbles, fumbles – that would have been disappointing to me.  attempting to do too much?  i think of that more as testing the waters.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

His NFL career will be over in 3 weeks.

I though he played RG OK on the few times I was able to isolate on him. OK is great for him.But to clarify, I meant if he makes the team, he better not be asked to touch the ball.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol

It is especially LOL when it came on his first two series, the only two full series that he saw the Falcon's D.

I'm not sure why we are LOLing up and down the boards. Winston faced the same issues against Minnesotas first string D (an int and a fumble).

Please wait…

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.