Viewing 20 reply threads

• Author

• Scott Reynolds

Keymaster

https://www.pewterreport.com/articles/most-disappointing-buccaneers-vs-ravens/

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

:D :D :DIs PR kidding us or what? Not to go Garv and Stan on you but no mention of the coaches when they've been blown out 2 of the last 3 games? The coaching staff should have been mention 1 over any player or player group. That's where it starts.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Coaching for sure. As I said on the red board the defense has more talent than Dallas, plays the same scheme as Dallas and sucks far, far worse than Dallas.  The OL coaching is awful as well. Mankins wasn’t good last year in NE which is why he was available. That was dumb but Dotson and Collins played better last year then this year.  EDS didn’t look this awful at GB and the rotation of Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum at ROG needs to stop.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

OK a  few things of note – first off the starting LG for the Ravens was rookie John Urschel – Gino Gradkowski came in to replace Jeremy Zuttah in garbage time and him and Tyrod Taylor had the late center qb exchange that was bad and recovered by Da’Quan Bowers. And, secondly I implore you to stop making it seem like all the team is doing on defense is running the "Tampa 2" - when in fact they are only running it about 30% of the time - more times then not they are playing man, cover 3, under 10 or a hybrid coverage...Lastly - please find out what in the sam hell is going on with the defensive end lining up a  yard and a half off the line of scrimmage?? It has been happening since the pre-season!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

And, secondly I implore you to stop making it seem like all the team is doing on defense is running the "Tampa 2" - when in fact they are only running it about 30% of the time - more times then not they are playing man, cover 3, under 10 or a hybrid coverage...

PR has actually referenced this (ie. they're aware of this Yucc).  Not sure why they keep calling it the Tampa 2. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

You could of had this up before 5 with a lot less verbiage:I would have written1. Coaching2. Offense3. Defense4. Special teams

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lovie Smith. Although after the 0-2 start at home against backup QB’s it’s most like “same old, same old” than disappointing.He cannot evaluate talent, scheme defense in 2014 or, most importantly, motivate a team to show up on Sunday. He's awful, his hiring was a major fail and OWNERSHIP did not even BOTHER to interview ANYONE else. THAT is NOT good ownership and THAT is one HELL of a big problem.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I didn’t even watch the game but to this point in the season there’s no way for me to be more disappointed in anyone than I am Lovie/Frazier. I didn’t expect much out of Arroyo but he hasn’t learned a damn thing on the fly, it seems like.I realize we're playing with some bums and some injuries and obviously some of these FAs haven't panned out. We can debate square peg/round hole as far as how our guys fit the scheme til we're blue in the face but the fact of the matter is that the coach's job is to have the players ready to play on gameday. Baltimore had some scrubs out there on the oline and other spots and Harbaugh had his guys ready to play. Indy was playing with a middle of their oline that is completely makeshift and their Pagano had their guys ready to roll.The coaches need to prepare their guys to play, this is ridiculous and a loss like that at home is unacceptable to any team.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

What you might be saying is, the coaching staff doesn’t have the ability to get our players “up” for a game.Is that a surprise to you?  Look at Lovie, he never changes, unless you question him about something he doesn't want to talk about.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In my mind this “we lack talent” excuse is exactly that; an excuse. This is all on coaching to me. Could we use upgrades at a few positions? Sure we could, as could every team in the NFL. Again, in my mind this team has enough talent to have a winning record.This was a solid defense last year and should be even better this year but isn't. That's on Lovie and Frazier to me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Lack of talent can limit your upper potential….it can’t define how low you go. We are not un talented enough to justify being last or next to last in defense.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there is a lack of talent on this team to justify this awful product,  then what does one call GMC, David, Banks, Barron, Glennon, Vjax,  and who’s responsible for $55 million in FA and complete control of a draft?  If the Glazers were good football people, they would be asking Lovie that yesterday.  Then again, if they were good football people, they would have at the very least given Schiano 6 games this year before considering firing, which would have given him ONE full off-season with the QB of his choosing as the starter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there is a lack of talent on this team to justify this awful product,  then what does one call GMC, David, Banks, Barron, Glennon, Vjax,  and who's responsible for $55 million in FA and complete control of a draft?  If the Glazers were good football people, they would be asking Lovie that yesterday.  Then again, if they were good football people, they would have at the very least given Schiano 6 games this year before considering firing, which would have given him ONE full off-season with the QB of his choosing as the starter.

Sweep, we get it.  You thought Schiano deserved another year.  This has been argued in threads ad nauseum just this season.Let's get back to our normally very productive contributions and stop beating a horse that died a long time ago.  You think Schiano deserved another year and take this season as evidence of that.  Great.  Now let's move on!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

If there is a lack of talent on this team to justify this awful product,  then what does one call GMC, David, Banks, Barron, Glennon, Vjax,  and who's responsible for $55 million in FA and complete control of a draft?  If the Glazers were good football people, they would be asking Lovie that yesterday.  Then again, if they were good football people, they would have at the very least given Schiano 6 games this year before considering firing, which would have given him ONE full off-season with the QB of his choosing as the starter.

Sweep, we get it.  You thought Schiano deserved another year.  This has been argued in threads ad nauseum just this season.Let's get back to our normally very productive contributions and stop beating a horse that died a long time ago.  You think Schiano deserved another year and take this season as evidence of that.  Great.  Now let's move on!

lol.    I'll give my reasons for what could end up becoming the worst defense in the history of the Bucs, you can give yours.  For a second there, I thought you were going to say, "I'll stop you right there!".

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

lol.    I'll give my reasons for what could end up becoming the worst defense in the history of the Bucs, you can give yours.  For a second there, I thought you were going to say, "I'll stop you right there!".

I think your opinion is valid. Hell, I believe this mess REALLY started when the Glazer boys fired Jon Gruden after having dinner with him. The next day of course. I believe the St. Lovie hire was a serious and long offending mistake and I have seen NOTHING that moves me to change my mind. As for Schiano, it's true that he never got a full offseason with the QB of his choosing. It's also true, IMO, that his defense was better. Hell the team was better than this St. Lovie team "built to win now."Dead horse? If some want to just accept this, take it with a smile trusting it's going to get better soon, fine. Fair enough. But I do NOT accept displays like last Sunday's and do not think there is ANY excuse for it. It was HORRIBLE COACHING. TERRIBLE! Never seen worse......ever.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha should have!Curious - do you think Morris should have gotten at least another year?  With the benefit of hindsight, of all the Bucs coaches fired (including Gruden) he seems to be the one who did the most with less and did get the Bucs to 10 wins which now seems a wonderful fairy tale.To me, he seems much more deserving of more time and all the (I say excuses you say "incredibly intelligent and well thought out reasons"  ;D) for Schiano getting another year would seem to me to apply to Morris and then some.And I will say Sweep, the longer this level of play goes on the stronger your argument becomes.  There will be a point where I would rather keep Schiano over Lovie.  But my ultimate preference would still be to hire someone else (eg. Zimmer) over Lovie.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Haha should have!Curious - do you think Morris should have gotten at least another year?  With the benefit of hindsight, of all the Bucs coaches fired (including Gruden) he seems to be the one who did the most with less and did get the Bucs to 10 wins which now seems a wonderful fairy tale.To me, he seems much more deserving of more time and all the (I say excuses you say "incredibly intelligent and well thought out reasons"  ;D) for Schiano getting another year would seem to me to apply to Morris and then some.And I will say Sweep, the longer this level of play goes on the stronger your argument becomes.  There will be a point where I would rather keep Schiano over Lovie.  But my ultimate preference would still be to hire someone else (eg. Zimmer) over Lovie.

Just give you my opinion, but I'm the last to call my thoughts "intelligent and well thought out".  Just football talk, that's all.Gruden.  Should have been given one more year due to Monte's abrupt mid-season exit, 9-7 record, and recently renewed expensive contract.Morris.  When Dion Sanders, no enemy of Raheem, says on national tv, "I know quit when I see quit",  you've got no choice.  Did not have big FA signings, true, but he had 3 years which is pretty standard to what is needed for any coach to implement his own system.  Also had his own 1st round qB for 3 years.Schiano.  I've stated why he should have been given  year 3, but at the very least 6 games this year.  I feel like we'd have a winning record at this point, but  if we had gone 1-5,  I wouldn't have had much of an argument against his dismissal.  Schiano himself would have understood it as well, I'm sure. Firing three years into a contract is not franchise killing.  At 1-5 and  Dave Wannstedt temporary head coach, we'd be sitting nicely with high draft picks to recruit the best coach possible.L. Smith.  Glazers said there was a coaching search.  Maybe, like, "heads, Lovie, tails Lovie.""Let's give him 5 years, total control before anybody else nabs him!"  And now, we're stuck with "zero chance" for however long the Glazers can weather paying two coaches while at the same time looking at emptying seats in the 2nd quarter.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just give you my opinion, but I'm the last to call my thoughts "intelligent and well thought out".  Just football talk, that's all.Gruden.  Should have been given one more year due to Monte's abrupt mid-season exit, 9-7 record, and recently renewed expensive contract.Morris.  When Dion Sanders, no enemy of Raheem, says on national tv, "I know quit when I see quit",  you've got no choice.  Did not have big FA signings, true, but he had 3 years which is pretty standard to what is needed for any coach to implement his own system.  Also had his own 1st round qB for 3 years.Schiano.  I've stated why he should have been given  year 3, but at the very least 6 games this year.  I feel like we'd have a winning record at this point, but  if we had gone 1-5,  I wouldn't have had much of an argument against his dismissal.  Schiano himself would have understood it as well, I'm sure. Firing three years into a contract is not franchise killing.  At 1-5 and  Dave Wannstedt temporary head coach, we'd be sitting nicely with high draft picks to recruit the best coach possible.L. Smith.  Glazers said there was a coaching search.  Maybe, like, "heads, Lovie, tails Lovie.""Let's give him 5 years, total control before anybody else nabs him!"  And now, we're stuck with "zero chance" for however long the Glazers can weather paying two coaches while at the same time looking at emptying seats in the 2nd quarter.

Anyone else feel queasy? No, obviously there WAS no coaching search. Just blind faith in St. Lovie  and his angels. That's not good. It's not due diligence, it's not professional and it's not smart. How long will the Buccaneers and their fans pay for it? I think you hit the nail on the head.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Just give you my opinion, but I'm the last to call my thoughts "intelligent and well thought out".  Just football talk, that's all.Gruden.  Should have been given one more year due to Monte's abrupt mid-season exit, 9-7 record, and recently renewed expensive contract. This is long history, I'd say he'd worn out his welcome with years of mediocrity.  And with no plan at QB wasn't much point in keeping him.  I also wonder if his non-return to coaching speaks of a lack of respect around the league.Morris.  When Dion Sanders, no enemy of Raheem, says on national tv, "I know quit when I see quit",  you've got no choice.  Did not have big FA signings, true, but he had 3 years which is pretty standard to what is needed for any coach to implement his own system.  Also had his own 1st round qB for 3 years. But much like Dennis Allen in Oakland, his first two years were with 0 free agency spending and literally the worst roster in the NFL.  He didn't even get to make his own coaching hires until the 2nd year. I was 100% for his firing at the time, but now wonder in hindsight if the idea of a team "quitting" is overblown media-hype.  The team certainly quit on Schiano at times and likely most coaches have experienced that.  As well, there was no veteran leadership so what'd anyone expect?Schiano.  I've stated why he should have been given  year 3, but at the very least 6 games this year.  I feel like we'd have a winning record at this point, but  if we had gone 1-5,  I wouldn't have had much of an argument against his dismissal.  Schiano himself would have understood it as well, I'm sure. Firing three years into a contract is not franchise killing.  At 1-5 and  Dave Wannstedt temporary head coach, we'd be sitting nicely with high draft picks to recruit the best coach possible. Does your perspective change if Glennon doesn't pan out? I've seen a few Schiano supporters argue that Schiano should have been given another year with his "boy" but if he's not that good a QB (which I'd argue at this point) than getting rid of Schiano was likely the right move - even if 6 games too early.L. Smith.  Glazers said there was a coaching search.  Maybe, like, "heads, Lovie, tails Lovie.""Let's give him 5 years, total control before anybody else nabs him!"  And now, we're stuck with "zero chance" for however long the Glazers can weather paying two coaches while at the same time looking at emptying seats in the 2nd quarter.I'll still argue that Lovie looked like a good hire on paper.  He had the resume to take this defence to the next level and said all the right things about what he'd learned (offensively( away from football.  Even the hire of Tedford seemed really interesting.  Alas, it doesn't seem to be.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

In my mind this "we lack talent" excuse is exactly that; an excuse. This is all on coaching to me. Could we use upgrades at a few positions? Sure we could, as could every team in the NFL. Again, in my mind this team has enough talent to have a winning record.This was a solid defense last year and should be even better this year but isn't. That's on Lovie and Frazier to me.

Completely agree, Joe.I had a very good conversation with a Buc official yesterday and told him just that. "The coaching sucks and the players are a bunch of quitters." He didn't disagree with me.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Does your perspective change if Glennon doesn't pan out? I've seen a few Schiano supporters argue that Schiano should have been given another year with his "boy" but if he's not that good a QB (which I'd argue at this point) than getting rid of Schiano was likely the right move - even if 6 games too early.

No.  As well as Glennon's doing now, his chances of success were greater under a the coach who would have declared him starter from the beginning of the off-season.  Lovie hasn't even done that yet!

Please wait…

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.