Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 12 reply threads

• Author

• JC5100

Participant

All 3 are UFA in 2022 and their younger backups are signed through 2022 and have shown the ability to play well.

Cappa- Hainsey or Stinnie
      Whitehead- Edwards
      Brown- Miller and Johnson

• theknees

Participant

My guess is that AB is going to be the surprise this year. AB is still a speed force and will know this offense down cold year two. I think he is why we average close to 35 points a game in 2021.

I think Cappa loses the most playing time of these three.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Bucs should have drafted Q. Minerz. You guys who wanted/liked that dud Trask are idiots. Such a wasted pick. I said it already. Minerz is a perfect contingency plan for this title run.

Trask is a dud. A complete no factor during this title run. Noodle armed, slow footed, Pat the ball too long dud.

• Vance

Participant

dang buddy!!! you must have been at every OTA workout.

• Born A Buc For Life

Participant

The Bucs looked at Meinerz, they didn’t like him, they drafted a more intelligent lineman who can play multiple positions right now, not an iffy project player who is popular with nerds on the internet. Trask is clearly the better QB of the three backups at this point.

• JC5100

Participant

My guess is that AB is going to be the surprise this year. AB is still a speed force and will know this offense down cold year two. I think he is why we average close to 35 points a game in 2021.

I think Cappa loses the most playing time of these three.

The PPG were the same in games Brown played vs games he didn’t. Brady’s QBR was actually slightly higher when Brown didn’t play. Tyler and Scooter were really coming on before they signed Brown too, and when he missed the game and the half in the playoffs they made the biggest offensive plays of the game.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by JC5100.

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Cappa

• creamsicles

Participant

Whitehead. Edwards started showing better ball skills last year.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

Yeah we are gonna regret taking Trask instead of o-line depth. Pure hubris.

Cappa is the most likely… I don’t see Whitehead as a true starter… AB is either healthy and killing it, or he gets hurt.

• seekpar

Participant

Bucs should have drafted Q. Minerz. You guys who wanted/liked that dud Trask are idiots. Such a wasted pick. I said it already. Minerz is a perfect contingency plan for this title run.

Trask is a dud. A complete no factor during this title run. Noodle armed, slow footed, Pat the ball too long dud.

What does this have to do with playing time for 3 vet players listed?

Cappa

• Boid Fink

Participant

You really don’t know?

I said this after they drafted Trask. Depth this year and a co to fence plan for next year was a better idea than drafting a QB that is worse than Ganbert with that valuable pick. Just short sighted during a title run. Trask is never going to be good, may never ever take a snap as a starter. Wasted pick. Trask was a local boy pick…weird a Super Bowl team is worried about selecting homegrown mediocre talent to sell product…after they wins Super Bowl. Stupid pick by Licht. Stupid pick.

What does this have to do with playing time for 3 vet players listed?

Cappa

• buc-in-out

Participant

I think Cappa should have the upper hand at retaining his starting job, but I don’t think the Bucs re-sign him. Stinnie was better in the run game, Cappa’s the better pass blocker.

AB’s healthy, he knows the playbook.. we know Godwin and Mike will always be on the field, AB is the contingency plan if one of them gets hurt.. he can step into a starting role and we’d be fine leaning on him. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Bucs have three 1000 yard receivers this year, but I do think BA will have packages with Scotty on the field, he’ll have packages with Tyler Johnson on the field, and he’ll try to get Darden on the field as well. With our depth I think this might be Godwin’s last season with the Bucs.

I love Whitehead’s fearless abandon. Whitehead, AWJ and Edwards have all made plays for us at safety. Good depth at safety right now.

• Roy

Participant

Whitehead. Nothing wrong with him, but he was borderline starter to begin with. We love his playing style, but obviously this makes him injury prone. Of course I have no problem with him being a starter, but I don’t think we should put too many eggs in his basket.

I think Brown may end up being the top receiver on the team this year. It just depends on where defenses put their focus, but Brady likes to target Brown. And as for the OG position, it takes time for any rookie not named Wirfs to get acclimated to the NFL. No reason to put Brady at risk trying to get a rookie up to speed.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Cappa- Hainsey or Stinnie

One of those dudes will have to beat Cappa out for the starter position, as I don’t see them sharing snaps. Whereas the WR’s and Safety’s will share snaps.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Should have drafted Meinerz.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.