Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 14 reply threads

• Author

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

Per Bruce Arians:

Blaine Gabbert.

But he can’t wait to develop our 2nd round qb right? Lollerskates. This pick gets worse everyday without him taking a snap, somehow.

Coach speak? Perhaps. But I doubt it. Im sure he really thinks it.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

My vote is for Ali Marpet btw! Thought for sure Bruce would agree.

• BuccaNOLEer

Participant

Per Bruce Arians:

Blaine Gabbert.

But he can’t wait to develop our 2nd round qb right? Lollerskates. This pick gets worse everyday without him taking a snap, somehow.

Coach speak? Perhaps. But I doubt it. Im sure he really thinks it.

If Brady goes down, Gabbert steps in. He’s more polished and NFL ready. Trask is going to sit and learn for at least this year and possibly next year. I hope we see a lot of him in the preseason. If I were Arians, I’d have Trask in for at least the entire second half of all three games.

• Roy

Participant

Could be his lifetime W-L record of 13-35 is what keeps people realizing how underrated he is.

But I do think the situation you are in makes a big difference. Gabbert is a veteran now who has had a chance to learn the system for a couple years now. If he has to come in I think he could keep things moving, but it’s impossible to say. I’d like to tell both Gabbert and Kiermaier no headfirst slides!

A little confusion about his salary. Wasn’t it reported that he signed a contract worth “up to” $2.5 mil. But Spotrac just lists $1.5 mil, 750K contract with a $750K signing bonus. I suppose there is an incentive relating to playing time, but that should count against the cap and Spotrac didn’t have that. That is a minor detail, but it could give some indication about how much was the Bucs wanting to keep Gabbert around vs. how little interest any other teams had in him. How much were they counting on him to be a part of the future as opposed to just a stopgap backup player.

• TCB2W!

Participant

Roy, if incentives are unlikely to be earned. They would go against next years cap if reached. Likely to be reached is based upon last year’s performance. For instance if it was to reach 1200 yards that is very unlikely and would not go against this year.

• DEBUCSOWN

Participant

If gabbert was so underrated surely a qb needy team wants him?

Oh wait..

• Axxon

Participant

You might want to look up the meaning of the word underrated. I do not think it means what you think it means.

• BucWonder

Participant

Best QB room in the NFL. I love it.
      Go Bucs!

• buccnation

Participant

Everybody knows that Gabbert is not the most underrated player in the NfL. I like him as our back up but he’s a bust as far as where he was drafted.

Trask will and should sit. There’s nothing wrong with that. Let him learn from a couple of veterans. What’s the rush?

• Donkey_Hunter

Participant

Most underrated player in the NFL?

Clearly, it’s Trask.

• FireLicht2020

Participant

I’d take Gabbert over Winston.

Gabbert was a top 10 pick, and he still has arm talent.

Like him a lot in the backup role. Like him even more as a vet leader.

Most underrated player? No… how would we even know that since he never plays?

But he’s mobile and talented, just got the kiss of death from the Jags…

There are a handful of good qbs that sat for a long time and had a good career in the late stages:

Gannon, Fitz, Alex Smith come to mind. Steve Young too… plenty of others I’m forgetting (George, Kerry Collins).

Some qbs sit and are much better late so… anything is possible if the talent is there

• TCB2W!

Participant

Gannon and Collins are the only ones I would agree with. Steve Young went 7-3 before he took over full time in SF. Just proves how much the Bucs sucked back then. George as in Jeff George? I don’t remember him being anything but mediocre.

• theknees

Participant

Lolz

• theknees

Participant

Mike Evans. Not much of a discussion. Still gets no national respect. Did it early in his career without a true #2. He’s a TD machine. It’s Mike Evans.

• theknees

Participant

Evans averages 15.5 yards a reception. Randy Moss averaged 15.6.

• buc-in-out

Participant

The most underrated player in the NFL is 100% an offensive lineman, probably a guard or center. Ali Marpet would be a great example.

• JC5100

Participant

The most underrated player in the NFL is 100% an offensive lineman, probably a guard or center. Ali Marpet would be a great example.

Well the most over-rated player in the league is a guard.

• buc-in-out

Participant

Well the most over-rated player in the league is a guard.

Are you talking about Quenton Nelson?

Its funny cuz I just looked up his PFF quickly, I don’t pay for it or anything.. but 86.2 overall grade, 9 penalties, 1 sack allowed.

Meanwhile Ali Marpet: 86.7 overall, 3 penalties, 0 sacks allowed.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.