Viewing 13 reply threads

• Author

• dalbuc

Participant

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/report-nfl-believed-to-be-weighing-holding-draft-a-week-or-two-later-in-2015/According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, who cited three unnamed league sources, the NFL is giving thought to holding the draft 1-2 weeks “later” next year. The idea, McGinn said, is receiving “serious consideration.”

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

UGH 200 more mocks from JDub……not sure I can take that…… :P

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

NO! Move it 2-3 weeks earlier. Less posts from 10lb going full retard on us.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/report-nfl-believed-to-be-weighing-holding-draft-a-week-or-two-later-in-2015/According to Bob McGinn of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel, who cited three unnamed league sources, the NFL is giving thought to holding the draft 1-2 weeks “later” next year. The idea, McGinn said, is receiving “serious consideration.”

I would seriously consider it... galactically stupid.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I can’t stand waiting.. Just have two drafts every offseason.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

This is insanity. I love having something to look forward to all year around when it comes to the NFL but the wait was already pretty damn rough in years past, this extra 2 weeks is crap. Moving it back even further…. ugh, hopefully they take a poll or something on NFL.com.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Why don’t they move it to the end of Training Camp? That they they have a whole week to learn the play book.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

UGH 200 more mocks from JDub......not sure I can take that...... :P

Hey I only did three mocks this year!

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually think the draft could work in May IF they spread out the Free Agency, the Shrine game, the Senior Bowl and the combine. There is no reason to hurry all that sh!t and cram it all together and then have a long void before the draft. That said.....don't fix what ain't broken.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

There’s no reason to go head-to-head with NBA Finals and Lord Stanley’s Cup.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Goodell is just trying to over saturate the market so that the NFL is in the media all year long. He doesn’t understand that absence makes the heart grow fonder or that oversaturation will dilute the product and people interest in it. It’s good to have a few months with no football news. It makes it all that much sweeter when OTAs and Preseason start up.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I actually think they will move it back to where it was.  Coaches and GMs dont like the new date and will let the owners know.  They know the value of getting rookies in the fold and with playbooks as soon as possible.  The only people who benefit from the move later would potentially be the owners, but I think enough of them will listen to their football people that its worse for them and the team in general.  The owners will likely be ok with it since they are about to move the draft out of NYC and auction it up to a city similar to how they do a super bowl.  They will squeeze their dollar out of it.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Pigs get fat, hogs get slaughtered…

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

I think they should delay the draft two years. Well pool all the players over 3 years in one super draft. Also, we’ll clone Mel Kiper because one of him obviously isn’t enough.

Please wait…

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.