Currently, there are 0 users and 1 guest visiting this topic.
Viewing 31 reply threads

• Author

• leeroybuc93

Participant

Everyone here was guilty. Come get some.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

After season one for sure. Cautious optimism after last year…and finally showing this year what he can do. And really nothing too long today. Just a solid day of running…often on first down, and making the D respect it.

No need to get the big head or anything, though. Just workman like getting the job done. Deserving of respect, but adulation, not so much. We’ve gotten so used to mediocrity around here. I don’t even need more than Jones is giving, just keep it coming.

He’s better than adequate, which will take us far in a team sport. Well done sir. And since he’s on my FF team, double well done!

• Pennywise

Participant

Not i,i was fine with rojo

• leeroybuc93

Participant

He’s completely changed who he was as a runner. He was a finesse speed guy who has transformed himself into a power back. Dude is impressive.

• Tampa Bay Todd

Participant

Absolutely has been a key in the Bucs offense with 3 100-yard games in a row. Huge credit to the line as well. Impressive runs by Jones and he definitely deserves a lot of credit for stepping his game up.

• Buc on the Move

Participant

Credit to the RB coach, Todd McNair, as well. These developments don’t happen in a vacuum. Though I must admit it has been impressive, and fun, to watch these last few weeks.

• Graham

Participant

Should be a lot of you in here.

• blah

Participant

Im here to eat crow. I called for Fournette to replace him. I also have to echo the comment of him transitioning into more of a power runner instead of that SoCal finesse shit. I guess in hind sight, he never really got the steady touches until recently and he proves to get better as the game goes by.

• dalbuc

Participant

So he was a guy who was useless in 3 segments of the game and now he’s not useless in 1. He’s a guy. I can name a dozen backs id rather have. Let’s not act like he’s all that exciting.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

So he was a guy who was useless in 3 segments of the game and now he’s not useless in 1. He’s a guy. I can name a dozen backs id rather have. Let’s not act like he’s all that exciting.

A dozen in all the world? Jones must suck balls then…

• Hockey Duckie

Participant

Why should someone eat crow? Rojo was known to be a powerful runner in college. It took him 3 years in the NFL to get back there again. He still can’t pass block and we aren’t going to rely on him catching the ball, which is why Shady is here.

You know who we should be giving more praise? Cappa, Jensen, and Marpet.

Last year, we ran 70% up the gut (Mid/guard) and ranked 19th in run production. This year, we’re running up the gut 51% of the time and ranked 1st in run production.

I’m grateful that Rojo is finally finding his groove running, but he still isn’t good enough pass blocking nor pass catching. We had to wait three years to see this player who still isn’t a complete 3-down RB.

We have a powerful runner and we have a better Oline. I think the difference is our better OLine play. Although it was garbage time, Vaugh earned 42 yards on 5 carries with an 8.4 ypc rate. See. That’s what happens when you big mollies are getting the job done. Heck, even Donovan Smith sealed the edge for our first TD of the game for Rojo to run through so easily.

• CyberDilemma

Participant

I’ve noticed he’s been getting a lot of his extra yards with the old Warrick Dunn spin move.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He had a rep in college as a guy who was more than willing to try and truck defenders. He just worked his ass off, got rid of his home sick blues, and is finally getting the lions share of the work. He still is a below average receiver and a below average pass blocker. He showed flashes of big play potential last season, but a lot of them were called back because of silly penalties that did not do much to free him up…plus the rotation last season was moronic.

He’s completely changed who he was as a runner. He was a finesse speed guy who has transformed himself into a power back. Dude is impressive.

• Anonymous

Inactive

All that Rojo hate was always about Jason licht, not Rojo.

People are just disguising their hatred for licht when they complain about White, Smith, Rojo… etc

• Biggs3535

Participant

People are just disguising their hatred for licht when they complain about White, Smith, Rojo… etc

This guy’s complex with his Uncle Jason is downright hilarious.

• Anonymous

Inactive

For example, who do you all think this fool blames for Devin White being a buc instead of his boy, little joshie Allen?

He, like the rest play this game of ‘pretending‘ to blame the player… but really they’re just blaming the guy who drafted him, because they themselves believe the person they follow(religiously) on these forums is smarter.

You’re right, it is down right hilarious.

• Biggs3535

Participant

For example, who do you all think this fool blames for Devin White being a buc instead of his boy, little joshie Allen?

He, like the rest play this game of ‘pretending‘ to blame the player… but really they’re just blaming the guy who drafted him, because they themselves believe the person they follow(religiously) on these forums is smarter.

You’re right, it is down right hilarious.

Your Uncle Jason complex has you speaking gibberish. Take a Zoloft and Uncle Jason will be by to tuck his precious nephew in shortly.

• Lord Nemesis

Participant

*Raises hand meekly*

• Dave

Participant

Can proudly say I’ve never doubted rojo or his ability, glad he is finally getting the touches I’ve been begging for. Let’s get a streak going now

• kenntak

Participant

I was one who was saying to give him time. Many people were too quick to judge him after his rookie season.

• dalbuc

Participant

His rookie year was a disaster. What has changed this year compared to last is attempts. He is too 5 in rush attempts and, go figure, top 5 in total yards. Really I would not expect a RB to need to learn to run so I am baffled why he came into this league and sucked rocks so hard. The things I would expect him to learn pass blocking and pass catching, well he remains unable to learn and of those 3 things running is the least valuable thing he does.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

His rookie year was a disaster. What has changed this year compared to last is attempts. He is too 5 in rush attempts and, go figure, top 5 in total yards. Really I would not expect a RB to need to learn to run so I am baffled why he came into this league and sucked rocks so hard. The things I would expect him to learn pass blocking and pass catching, well he remains unable to learn and of those 3 things running is the least valuable thing he does.

You must have agreed with extending Michael Clayton because of his blocking…

• dalbuc

Participant

It is cute to see people who think running the ball is the most important thing for backs to do in 2020 are are also impressed by vanity stats based on totals.

• Culo Con Dientes

Participant

I kept hoping he would get better. I gave him a pass his rookie season. I then saw some signs. I felt this had to be his season. It looks like he has taken the bull by the horns. The line is also opening a few more holes now and then. I have more faith now for our running game going forward.

• Barnz1

Participant

I have believed in him since I saw some of his runs last season after bulking up. Not many guys at that size can move like he can. That is special running ability. The main issues was horrific run blocking (Dotson was a huge part of that), lack of opportunity and lack of belief in himself given all those issues.

He’s now hitting those holes with confidence as he knows they will be there and continuing to break tackles like a mad man. If you go read up on his offseason workouts you would see not many guys have worked as hard as Rojo to improve. Anyone who can’t give him his props is a sad individual indeed.

• leeroybuc93

Participant

It is cute to see people who think running the ball is the most important thing for backs to do in 2020 are are also impressed by vanity stats based on totals.

I’ll take that as a yes.

• Boid Fink

Participant

Controlling the clock (TOP), and wearing out a defense is the result of having a good run game. While the league is pass happy, the run game makes a big difference if utilized properly, mostly by winning teams.

• JameisStinkston

Participant

not guilty. Drafted him in dynasty FF. Just needed some time and coaching on what it takes to play in the NFL.

• Richie Cartman

Participant

Rojo has really transformed into a power runner. It’s crazy to think he has come this far after seemingly being tackled first contact most of the time his rookie year. Wirfs and Gronk’s run blocking have helped too.

• dalbuc

Participant

Controlling the clock (TOP), and wearing out a defense is the result of having a good run game. While the league is pass happy, the run game makes a big difference if utilized properly, mostly by winning teams.

Oh Jesus, people still singing this sad song? Running is a function of winning, you get ahead and run. TOP is meaningless and what keeps TOP if you do care, first downs which you get from the passing game.

• Biggs3535

Participant

Rojo has really transformed into a power runner. It’s crazy to think he has come this far after seemingly being tackled first contact most of the time his rookie year. Wirfs and Gronk’s run blocking have helped too.

Not only that, but he’s learned to attack the hole instead of dancing. He deserved the criticism he received. But he’s improved, which isn’t something all young players do. Credit to him.

• Boid Fink

Participant

He has definitely worked at improvement. He has some weird inability to catch which just baffles me…I mean, it’s like he knew he was going to be a running back his whole life, if it was spent in the 80’s.

Not only that, but he’s learned to attack the hole instead of dancing. He deserved the criticism he received. But he’s improved, which isn’t something all young players do. Credit to him.

Viewing 31 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.