Viewing 9 reply threads

• Author

• Garv

Participant

I noticed that John Gruden thinks Aaron Murray could be the best of this class at QB down the road. THERE’S something both he AND Tony Dungy are on board with…..hmmmm. About Bridgewater…… Scott mentioned his frame and arm strength as well as being very accurate in college in today’s excellent Fab Five. He reminded me of someone and now I remember. Josh Johnson! Coming out at about the same size and frame, extremely accurate and, as a Stanford man, intelligent. How did THAT work out? Anyone else see where I’m coming from or think I’m way off base? College vs. NFL observation only.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

As much as I enjoy listening to Gruden,  I don’t trust either Gruden or Dungy when it comes to analyzing any draft prospect.  Poor track record at best.  Dungy was decent with DB’s.  That’s as far as it goes.  As far as Bridgewater goes,  I share your concerns, Garv.  I’m not interested at all in drafting him.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For clarity, Josh Johnson played for Jim Harbaugh at the University of San Diego, not at Stanford. I don’t know anything about his intelligence, or lack-of, or whether that affected his game at all.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

For clarity, Josh Johnson played for Jim Harbaugh at the University of San Diego, not at Stanford. I don't know anything about his intelligence, or lack-of, or whether that affected his game at all.

Quite right, my mistake. Still...... and I have NO idea which of the QB's in this class will be great over the next ten years. As a fan I have to admit though, Johnny Manziel would bring the most excitement. At 7 either we get a damn good player no matter the position or trade down and go volume in a deep draft. I'm pretty sure there will be a QB drafted by the start of day three of the draft.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Murray is not as tall as Johnson.  He did play in the SEC – and set a ton of records while at GA.  If GA had a defense… but they didn’t.  If there was someone on the planet who could tell us which qbs would excel vs those who wouldn't make it we would all know his name - and the island he lives on... lol. 

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Murray is not as tall as Johnson.  He did play in the SEC - and set a ton of records while at GA.  If GA had a defense... but they didn't.  If there was someone on the planet who could tell us which qbs would excel vs those who wouldn't make it we would all know his name - and the island he lives on... lol.

I was comparing Bridgewater to Josh Johnson, not Murray. But you're right, it's a crap shoot when it comes to the QB position in the draft. An Andrew Luck, Troy Aikman, Peyton Manning...... those sure things are just so rare. Thing is, teams have to take chances on getting their QB. Are the buccaneers willing to take that chance at 7 this year? I have NO idea.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Thanks Skip. For the record……..I’m sold.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Watkins/Evans early followed by Murray/Garoppolo and i’d be happy.

Please wait…

• Anonymous

Inactive

Josh Johnson put up great numbers for San Diego (a non-scholarship program, not SDST) playing against scrubs. When it came to the pre-draft process he displayed questionable accuracy and hurt his stock to the point he fell to the 5th round. So I would say the latter sounds a little like Bridgewater but the level of competition played is greatly different, Josh wasn’t playing in any BCS bowl games in college. It’s also pretty clear now that Jim Harbaugh can coach a QB up a bit and Josh was just his first success story (Luck, Alex Smith, Kaepernick since then). I’m not aware that Charlie Strong had any great QB guru’s like that on his staff. Overall Bridgewater, like Brady Quinn before him, was overrated by fans because he played a few nationally televised games and did well. He's got the mental part of the game down but his physical skills are potentially so mediocre that he may have a Brian Brohm or Jimmy Clausen type of NFL career which would be quite the disappointment.

Please wait…

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.